RemedySpot.com

strange eye/facial movement

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi all,

My Hope(ds) is 16 mo. and she is doing great. Two nights ago she started with a

strange facial expression: she lowers her head somewhat and her eyes seem to be

looking at her brow though at times I've seen her shift her eyes from one person

to another. There are no other odd movements with her body as far as tensing or

jerking of arms. I can not tell if she is doing this purposefully and that it

may be stimming or if this is out of her control. They last from less than a

sec. to about 2 or 3 seconds. Since Wed. she had done it approximately 12 times

and seems to do it more when she is tired. Thanks for your thoughts.

Guest guest

Are you able to distract her during the time she lowers her head and is she responsive to you? Have you tried to get her attention? Have you talked with your dr? It sounds like it could possibly be something neurological, but I am not a doctor, just my thoughts when reading your email. Clearly, from your comments you have been doing some research......in these instances I often go with my " Mom's gut reaction. "

Our daughter, now 10 years old, had infantile spasms beginning at 7 months old. Not telling you this to scare you, but I saw the very first one she had, and instinctively I knew something wasn't right. I could not have told you what was wrong right then, but I knew it wasn't " normal. "

Hope this makes sense to you. I'd watch her through the weekend, if things don't change, or this head lowering increases, I would definitely make a call to your dr. If you feel like things are suspicious then ask for a referral to a peds neurologist.

Caroline

Hi all,My Hope(ds) is 16 mo. and she is doing great. Two nights ago she started with a strange facial expression: she lowers her head somewhat and her eyes seem to be looking at her brow though at times I've seen her shift her eyes from one person to another. There are no other odd movements with her body as far as tensing or jerking of arms. I can not tell if she is doing this purposefully and that it may be stimming or if this is out of her control. They last from less than a sec. to about 2 or 3 seconds. Since Wed. she had done it approximately 12 times and seems to do it more when she is tired. Thanks for your thoughts.