RemedySpot.com

recent events

Rate this topic

Guest guest

First of all I want to say that I apologize to the women, including Charlene that I care deeply for and to say that I didn't mean to come off so rude, however, I have known (miss boop) and we have been phone/email friends for over a year now, she helped me when I was very down.

She is not the only woman who has left this group because they feel very uncomfortable with Dr Kolbs presence. It is something that is a concern to me, while I agree Dr Kolb is a Dr and has greater knowledge in many aspects of this issue, I have been told things that I am not going to repeat on this board that cause me great concern. There is another saline support group that doesn't allow her to post there and that is because she has a mixed view on implants, telling us that smooth implants are safer in my opinion is bad medicine and she does many many implants, in fact if you check out her site you won't find any photos of explants, only implants, this to me is a red flag, many of you may not agree and that is entirely up to the individual, I just want a support group that is open to all women harmed by implants, more so than Dr's who are still out implanting women.

I realize that we will never be able to convince everyone that implants harmed us, but it really is quite simple, either you believe it or you don't, it isn't a middle of the road opinion.

I know dozens of us who had only smooth implants so to me, if I was a Dr practicing medicine who had taken an oath "to first do no harm" it would greatly disturb me knowing that I am possibly harming women.

That is all I have to say about this at this time.

God bless everyone and remember women like Miss Boop are so ill they have lost there entire life, not just a part of it, but all of it, she is a sad, depressed woman, she had a beautiful face and body and she was destroyed by implants, and I know her personally, she is 32 years old and has really no social life, is hardly capable of doing anything, to come down hard on women like that is mean and cruel and nasty and I will not tolerate it.

Because of this another poor woman has left a place that should be a safe haven and that ticks me off, as I stated she is not the only one who feels strongly about this.

Blessings,

• 8 years later...

If there is any doubt about Vern's accomplishments and efforts on behalf of chiropractic in Oregon, I urge you to read his article, "Lest We So Easily Forget: What Your State Association Has Done for You!" in the Fall, 2010 OCA Journal, page 20.

And the part of the title that says "Your State Association" could easily say "Vern Saboe, D.C."

It should be required reading in preparation for the Dec. 14 meeting. Dr. Blum and I will drag our tired, overworked butts up to Portland (from south of Eugene), as long as we can get our daughter taken care of, because it is necessary. What a pain to do during the busy holiday season, but the future of our profession is at stake here. Hope to see a HUGE turnout.

Alan

Creswell Chiropractic

Tamara Blum, D.C.

In a message dated 12/6/2010 11:41:39 A.M. Pacific Standard Time, sharronf@... writes:

Dear Friends,

I go away for a while and look what happens….

I am deeply dismayed at the current situation with the OCA. I was so surprised and happy that the two associations had merged and now to have this disturbance is beyond reason.

Over the last 2 years I have worked on several issues that affect our profession. These minor efforts have taken me hours and hours and hours of time,not to mention a personal toll. Stepping up, trying to think and look professional is tough work. In emails that I have sent to Vern privately I have told him over and over how much I admire him. How I wish I was as smart as him, and could think on my feet like him, and was fascile with the workings of the ‘system’ like him. When Vern called me several years ago to ask for a contribution to ICE-PAC I was willing to help because of Vern. And strictly because of Vern. He is our ‘man’. Our wonderful great package to show the world we are smart, that we can speak and function in reality and not look and act like used car salesmen. When there was a vote to transfer our money to the OCA PAC I voted ‘yes’ because I knew Vern was at the helm. And strictly because of Vern.

When you look at what Vern has accomplished over the years it is astounding. The issue regarding no managed care in PIP is huge. The fighting of the PTs on the issue of safety and their claims to own physical therapy is huge. Why he hasn’t keeled over from exhaustion is incredible.

For this problem to happen now is like shooting ourselves in the temple. Not the foot, the temple. It is so crucial now to have the underpinnings of our issues reinforced and the new issues brought forth with a knowledgeable and familiar face. Changing our lobbyist now is suicide.

Friends – please rethink this issue.

The law has a tenant of first trying to work things out between ourselves. I think it can be worked out with speaking to each other and looking to the future -not by reinventing the wheel with a new lobbyist that has to start from scratch. Time is of the essence…the new legislative session is next month. Kitzhaber knows Vern personally – let us not waste a moments time.

s. fuchs dc