RemedySpot.com

Re: 7 high anti oxidant foods

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi,

Thanks so much for posting that! Artichokes always seem to be mentioned with liver disease and hep c - they are very good for you!

I'll start a separate post about herbs that are safe with Hep c too.

Thanks again,

Chris

Here is an article about artichokes and the liver...http://vitanetonline.com/forums/3/Thread/171Here is the part that interested me...."Liver Health and Cholesterol Wellness In addition to having digestive benefits, artichokeextract also helps to maintain cholesterol levels thatare already within the normal range. Medical expertstheorize that this benefit may be due to the artichokeextract inhibiting the activity of the enzyme HMG CoAReductase to decrease the amount of cholesterol madeby your liver. Also, since cholesterol andtriglycerides are used to make bile, the bilestimulating activity of artichoke extract may alsohelp to remove excess cholesterol from thebloodstream, which promotes your cardiovascularhealth. The antioxidants and bile stimulating effectsof artichoke also help promote healthy liverfunction."Interesting, huh?--- mistystarla <mistystarla> wrote:One site has it all. Your email accounts, your social networks, and the things you love. Try the new AOL.com today!

Here is an article about artichokes and the liver...

http://vitanetonline.com/forums/3/Thread/171

Here is the part that interested me....

" Liver Health and Cholesterol Wellness

In addition to having digestive benefits, artichoke

extract also helps to maintain cholesterol levels that

are already within the normal range. Medical experts

theorize that this benefit may be due to the artichoke

extract inhibiting the activity of the enzyme HMG CoA

Reductase to decrease the amount of cholesterol made

by your liver. Also, since cholesterol and

triglycerides are used to make bile, the bile

stimulating activity of artichoke extract may also

help to remove excess cholesterol from the

bloodstream, which promotes your cardiovascular

health. The antioxidants and bile stimulating effects

of artichoke also help promote healthy liver

function. "

Interesting, huh?

--- mistystarla wrote:

> I saw this post on fitsugar.com (great health site)

> that listed seven

> foods high in antioxidants.

>

> I figured with cold weather approaching, we should

> all stock up :)

>

> Thought I'd share....

>

> 1. Artichoke Hearts (also good for the liver

> apparently. Will need to

> research)

> 2.Beans

> 3.Cranberries

> 4.Pecans

> 5.Prunes

> 6.Granny Apples

> 7.Cloves

>

>

> A lot of that is common sense, I know, but I thought

> it might do well

> to remind everyone. Winter has arrived where I am

> and I am doing all

> I can to keep me and my hubby healthy :)

>

> Stay Well everyone!

>

> :)

>

>

Sounds great hon,, thanks for posting this,, we all can use some extra help during the winter to stay as healthy as possible,,

hugs

jax

Subject: 7 high anti oxidant foodsTo: Hepatitis_C_Central Date: Thursday, November 20, 2008, 1:44 PM

I saw this post on fitsugar.com (great health site) that listed seven foods high in antioxidants.I figured with cold weather approaching, we should all stock up :)Thought I'd share....1. Artichoke Hearts (also good for the liver apparently. Will need to research)2.Beans3.Cranberries4.Pecans5.Prunes6.Granny Apples7.ClovesA lot of that is common sense, I know, but I thought it might do well to remind everyone. Winter has arrived where I am and I am doing all I can to keep me and my hubby healthy :)Stay Well everyone!:)

EXCELLENT!!!> I saw this post on fitsugar.com (great health site)> that listed seven > foods high in antioxidants.> > I figured with cold weather approaching, we should> all stock up :)> > Thought I'd share....> > 1. Artichoke Hearts (also good for the liver> apparently. Will need to > research)> 2.Beans> 3.Cranberries> 4.Pecans> 5.Prunes> 6.Granny Apples> 7.Cloves> > > A lot of that is common sense, I know, but I thought> it might do well > to remind everyone. Winter has arrived where I am> and I am doing all > I can to keep me and my hubby healthy :)> > Stay Well

everyone!> > :)> >

And the good thing for me is they are all foods that I like!!

Love

Janet

"There are souls in this world that have the gift of finding joy everywhere and of leaving it behind them when they go"

Frederick Faber

Subject: 7 high anti oxidant foodsTo: Hepatitis_C_Central Date: Thursday, November 20, 2008, 3:44 PM

I saw this post on fitsugar.com (great health site) that listed seven foods high in antioxidants.I figured with cold weather approaching, we should all stock up :)Thought I'd share....1. Artichoke Hearts (also good for the liver apparently. Will need to research)2.Beans3.Cranberries4.Pecans5.Prunes6.Granny Apples7.ClovesA lot of that is common sense, I know, but I thought it might do well to remind everyone. Winter has arrived where I am and I am doing all I can to keep me and my hubby healthy :)Stay Well everyone!:)

very cool chris,, thanks hon,, and we can put them on the website too..

One site has it all. Your email accounts, your social networks, and the things you love. Try the new AOL.com today!

Good one, thanks, though I am not sure I could actually eat one.. :-o

> I saw this post on fitsugar.com (great health site)> that listed seven > foods high in antioxidants.> > I figured with cold weather approaching, we should> all stock up :)> > Thought I'd share....> > 1. Artichoke Hearts (also good for the liver> apparently. Will need to > research)> 2.Beans> 3.Cranberries> 4.Pecans> 5.Prunes> 6.Granny Apples> 7.Cloves> > > A lot of that is common sense, I know, but I thought> it might do well > to remind everyone. Winter has arrived where I am> and I am doing all > I can to keep me and my hubby healthy :)> > Stay Well

why not,, steamed artichokes are wonderful!> I saw this post on fitsugar.com (great health site)> that listed seven > foods high in antioxidants.> > I figured with cold weather approaching, we should> all stock up :)> > Thought I'd share....> > 1. Artichoke Hearts (also good for the liver> apparently. Will need to > research)> 2.Beans> 3.Cranberries> 4.Pecans> 5.Prunes> 6.Granny Apples> 7.Cloves> > > A lot of that is common sense, I know, but I thought> it might do well > to remind everyone. Winter has arrived where I am> and I am doing all > I can to keep me and my hubby healthy :)> > Stay Well

I love them, I dip the leaves in mayo. I have been using the low fat mayo. But they are still good.

Speaking of which. I have a few mins this morning and I am going to start a folder called Chris's hints.

It will have this article and more in it.

Love

Janet

"There are souls in this world that have the gift of finding joy everywhere and of leaving it behind them when they go"

Frederick Faber

> I saw this post on fitsugar.com (great health site)> that listed seven > foods high in antioxidants.> > I figured with cold weather approaching, we should> all stock up :)> > Thought I'd share....> > 1. Artichoke Hearts (also good for the liver> apparently. Will need to > research)> 2.Beans> 3.Cranberries> 4.Pecans> 5.Prunes> 6.Granny Apples> 7.Cloves> > > A lot of that is common sense, I know, but I thought> it might do well > to remind everyone. Winter has arrived where I am> and I am doing all > I can to keep me and my hubby healthy :)> > Stay Well

I don't recall eating them, I guess if they are that good for you,

I will have to give them a try. I never liked veggies as a kid, but

have developed a taste along the way, most I prefer raw..> I saw this post on fitsugar.com (great health site)> that listed seven > foods high in antioxidants.> > I figured with cold weather approaching, we should> all stock up :)> > Thought I'd share....> > 1. Artichoke Hearts (also good for the liver> apparently. Will need to > research)> 2.Beans> 3.Cranberries> 4.Pecans> 5.Prunes> 6.Granny Apples> 7.Cloves> > > A lot of that is common sense, I know, but I thought> it might do well > to remind everyone. Winter has arrived where I am> and I am doing all > I can to keep me and my hubby healthy :)> > Stay Well

well if you steam them and dip them in either butter or mayo, they are really good and, you can use a teaspoon of either to eat the whole thing,, just a drop on each leaf is great.. or you can eat them without it.. I was simply raised with dunkin em in butter or mayo.. or you could steam them with a small amount of olive oil and put little pieces of garlic inbetween some of the leaves to flavor them.. thats excellent too.. and dont forget the heart of the artichoke, once you peel off all the outside gunk which is kind of like those milkweed weeds that you blow the stuff off.. well you gotta peel that stuff off and then you can chop it into salads or put it in a pickling juice to flavor it etc,, > I saw this post on fitsugar.com (great health site)> that listed seven > foods high in antioxidants.> > I figured with cold weather approaching, we should> all stock up :)> > Thought I'd share....> > 1. Artichoke Hearts (also good for the liver> apparently. Will need to > research)> 2.Beans> 3.Cranberries> 4.Pecans> 5.Prunes> 6.Granny Apples> 7.Cloves> > > A lot of that is common sense, I know, but I thought> it might do well > to remind everyone. Winter has arrived where I am> and I am doing all > I can to keep me and my hubby healthy :)> > Stay Well

I'll take your word for it, lol..> I saw this post on fitsugar.com (great health site)> that listed seven > foods high in antioxidants.> > I figured with cold weather approaching, we should> all stock up :)> > Thought I'd share....> > 1. Artichoke Hearts (also good for the liver> apparently. Will need to > research)> 2.Beans> 3.Cranberries> 4.Pecans> 5.Prunes> 6.Granny Apples> 7.Cloves> > > A lot of that is common sense, I know, but I thought> it might do well > to remind everyone. Winter has arrived where I am> and I am doing all > I can to keep me and my hubby healthy :)> > Stay Well

AWESOME Janet,, thanks for doing that,, she is very educated in this stuff too and I trust her knowledge> I saw this post on fitsugar.com (great health site)> that listed seven > foods high in antioxidants.> > I figured with cold weather approaching, we should> all stock up :)> > Thought I'd share....> > 1. Artichoke Hearts (also good for the liver> apparently. Will need to > research)> 2.Beans> 3.Cranberries> 4.Pecans> 5.Prunes> 6.Granny Apples> 7.Cloves> > > A lot of that is common sense, I know, but I thought> it might do well > to remind everyone. Winter has arrived where I am> and I am doing all > I can to keep me and my hubby healthy :)> > Stay Well