RemedySpot.com

Re: I'm New Here...

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Welcome,

You are like many of us here. I am 74, have not treated, and am more or less still going strong. I have started with supplements this last year and plan to do Dr Berkson treatment in the coming year. I've had Hep C at least 43 years and the people I knew "back then" are all gone as well. My friend died several years ago--but didn't change her lifestyle when I did. Many here have treated and can guide you through that process. I have chosen to go the alternative route and will give you all the info I have on alternative route, if you email me direct. Everyone here is very supportive and caring and it is a wonderful place to come when you are feeling alone. You are not alone---there are far too many of us. Regardless of what you chose to do, you will find support here. It sounds as if you have searched a lot and probably have found many different opinions. I am

choosing Dr Berkson because he is a doctor and his method is well researched and documented. So is conventional treatment. There is a very good book called Choices free online. You may want to read it or browse thru it. It is at hepcchallenge.org. It has chapters on just about everything. And if you want more info on Dr Berkson, email me direct. I have too much stuff to post.

Wishing you and your lucky grandchildren a very Happy Thanksgiving.

SuziQ

Quinn

In the swamp in secluded recesses, a shy and hidden bird is warbling a song. Walt Whitman

Subject: I'm New Here...To: Hepatitis_C_Central Date: Wednesday, November 26, 2008, 8:35 PM

Still new to the Hep C I was diagnosed with 1 1/2 yrs. ago. I'm raising 2 adopted grandchildren ( 5 & 8 ) and have wanted to fall apart many times but don't have the time or energy to. I'm angry at myself and I'm scared. I've never felt so alone in my life. I've suffered from clinical depression and GAD for many years but have spoken and known many people who could personally relate to what the depression and anxiety feels like. With the Hep C the only 2 people I've known who had it are dead. I didn't know until after they died that they had it since we had lost touch. I know we all contracted it at the same time. They hadn't changed their lifestyles since 1974 or 75 when we got this so I know that definitly hastened their deaths. The one had been a friend for 50 years. I read all the medical "mumbo jumbo" that I can and try to research homeopathic treatments but I don't think I really know

anymore than I did at the begining. One site or publication says one thing and another says something else. I'm not going to try to pretend that I have a positive outlook on all this because I don't want to be fake. I'm SCARED, I'm TIRED, sooo tired , and I'm so ANGRY at myself for having been so stupid.

Hi Pita

Take a deep breath.

Welcome to the best site for hep c. We are all scared, depressed, miss-er-bull, BUT we support one another. We advise one another. We love one another.

Some of us like me have not started tx yet, others are in all stages of tx, and others pre and post tp. We share our experiances, and our knowledge. We have some really smart folks here, who wont lie to you, and a wealth of information about all phases of this bummer.

We are your new friends. Stay here with us. We wont hesitate to help you any way we can.

love

don in kansas

Subject: I'm New Here...To: Hepatitis_C_Central Date: Wednesday, November 26, 2008, 8:35 PM

Still new to the Hep C I was diagnosed with 1 1/2 yrs. ago. I'm raising 2 adopted grandchildren ( 5 & 8 ) and have wanted to fall apart many times but don't have the time or energy to. I'm angry at myself and I'm scared. I've never felt so alone in my life. I've suffered from clinical depression and GAD for many years but have spoken and known many people who could personally relate to what the depression and anxiety feels like. With the Hep C the only 2 people I've known who had it are dead. I didn't know until after they died that they had it since we had lost touch. I know we all contracted it at the same time. They hadn't changed their lifestyles since 1974 or 75 when we got this so I know that definitly hastened their deaths. The one had been a friend for 50 years. I read all the medical "mumbo jumbo" that I can and try to research homeopathic treatments but I don't think I really know

anymore than I did at the begining. One site or publication says one thing and another says something else. I'm not going to try to pretend that I have a positive outlook on all this because I don't want to be fake. I'm SCARED, I'm TIRED, sooo tired , and I'm so ANGRY at myself for having been so stupid.

Welcome. It's too early in the moring for my to think properly but

here goes. First you can't be angry with yourself. We have all done

things and seemed no consequences and then others, well here we are.

This is a serious disease but it moves and behaves differently with

each individual. You can change your lifestyle, diet, and thinking.

You want your lifeforce strong to fight off this virus and you want

to take care of that liver. No drinking, drink good water (I need to

filter mine), diet -less salt, less sugar, more vegies. I eat mostly

unprocessed food but to start, read labels and if you don't know what

or how to pronounce it, I wouldn't eat it. Remove the toxins around

you. You will be supprised at how much and what you use if you were

like me. I shop at farmers markets and go the the farms and health

food stores mostly. Seems expensive but it can be worked out and

actually be inexpensive. Oh I started with the anger and never

finished. Work thru that. I personnaly have a tree I take it all

out on. But you need some kind of release. Stress is not good for

the self. Try meditation or something, walking a dog. I do take

supplements and I try to find the best brand to take. I am under the

care of a few doctors and I let each know what I amd taking and

doing. I do believe you should be under the care of a doctor and

some cannot afford that but most places have financial help and

sliding fees. I was not given the option to treat and have since

chosen not to treat. It is a personnal choice and the treatment

offered today is a tough one and I admire those that go thru it. The

book Suzi recommended is very good and I think it is only $20 if you

can afford it. I have a hard time reading from the computer but my

eyes seem to be improving so maybe I can help save some trees.

Another thing you need to have a little exercise, walk 1 mile 3x a

day. Work up to it. I got a pedometer (never thought I'd asy that)

but it is amazing how much you walk each day if you are able to get

around. You also need some fun. One of my doctors does do an IV

treatment which seems to be helping quite a bit. If I can do

anything let me know.

Enjoy this day of thanksgiving

Debbie

Welcome to the group Pita , sorry I wasn't around earlier to welcome you . I have been ill . Anyway spending all your energy being angry at yourself isn't gonna help get you better . The one thing we all have to do is just accept the fact that we have hep c , no matter how we got it we have it . I spent so many wasted yrs mad like you and now that I look back it was so pointless lol Homeopathic remedies won't get rid of the hepatitis c , some can help your liver functions but nothing but standard treatment will rid the body of the viral load .And even after you reach a sustained viralogical response the virus is in your cells at the mirco level and can come back later . You need to be on a antidepressant if your clinical depression is bad , you need to be at your best when raising children . I know , I raised 5 lol and they are a handfull . Don't be afraid your not alone here ..

I'm New Here...

Still new to the Hep C I was diagnosed with 1 1/2 yrs. ago. I'm raising 2 adopted grandchildren ( 5 & 8 ) and have wanted to fall apart many times but don't have the time or energy to. I'm angry at myself and I'm scared. I've never felt so alone in my life. I've suffered from clinical depression and GAD for many years but have spoken and known many people who could personally relate to what the depression and anxiety feels like. With the Hep C the only 2 people I've known who had it are dead. I didn't know until after they died that they had it since we had lost touch. I know we all contracted it at the same time. They hadn't changed their lifestyles since 1974 or 75 when we got this so I know that definitly hastened their deaths. The one had been a friend for 50 years. I read all the medical "mumbo jumbo" that I can and try to research homeopathic treatments but I don't think I really know anymore than I did at the begining. One site or publication says one thing and another says something else. I'm not going to try to pretend that I have a positive outlook on all this because I don't want to be fake. I'm SCARED, I'm TIRED, sooo tired , and I'm so ANGRY at myself for having been so stupid.

Hi Debbie, I am a Debbie as well. I hope I'm replying correctly on

here. I had just joined one other Hep C group as well and was posting

wrong. I was told to delete part of original message and then post at

the top. I agree with all that you say. I definitly admire those who

are going thru the traditional treatment but it is not for me. I was

already drawing disability for depression and anxiety so I was living a

miserable existence in my mind to start out but I'm very fortunate to

have Medicaid although they won't pay for Hep C treatment anyway. This

Hep C has not helped that any but like all obstacles in life I just try

to do my best. I don't have an established doctor yet but I'm trying to

be kind to my body and liver and mind. THANK YOU so much for the

encouraging words and information. My family is wonderful but I don't

think any of them realize the seriousness of this disease. I'm so very

TIRED that sometimes I think the fatigue alone is going to kill me.

Other than that I have stomach problems and the upper quadrant pain

which so far is mostly it. My viral load a year ago was like 69,000 and

my AST & ALT had dropped to normal. I find out my new results in Dec.I

don't want to keep rambling but just want to thank you and all others

who are willing to share their lives...Debbie

>

> Welcome. It's too early in the moring for my to think properly but

> here goes. First you can't be angry with yourself. We have all done

> things and seemed no consequences and then others, well here we are.

> This is a serious disease but it moves and behaves differently with

> each individual. You can change your lifestyle, diet, and thinking.

>

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU...

>

>

> Subject: I'm New Here...

> To: Hepatitis_C_Central

> Date: Wednesday, November 26, 2008, 8:35 PM

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Still new to the Hep C I was diagnosed with 1 1/2 yrs. ago. I'm

raising

> 2 adopted grandchildren ( 5 & 8 ) and have wanted to fall apart

many

> times but don't have the time or energy to. I'm angry at myself and

I'm

> scared. I've never felt so alone in my life. I've suffered from

> clinical depression and GAD for many years but have spoken and

known

> many people who could personally relate to what the depression and

> anxiety feels like. With the Hep C the only 2 people I've known who

had

> it are dead. I didn't know until after they died that they had it

since

> we had lost touch. I know we all contracted it at the same time.

They

> hadn't changed their lifestyles since 1974 or 75 when we got this

so I

> know that definitly hastened their deaths. The one had been a

friend

> for 50 years. I read all the medical " mumbo jumbo " that I can and

try

> to research homeopathic treatments but I don't think I really know

> anymore than I did at the begining. One site or publication says

one

> thing and another says something else. I'm not going to try to

pretend

> that I have a positive outlook on all this because I don't want to

be

> fake. I'm SCARED, I'm TIRED, sooo tired , and I'm so ANGRY at

myself

> for having been so stupid.

>

Thank you for the welcome . I'm sorry you have been ill.

I've had many talks with my heart & mind about this disease and I go

thru many different processes with it. I accept it since there's

nothing else to do. I sometimes chalk it up to LIFE and the other

mistakes I've made and will continue to make since I'd be imperfect

even if I didn't have Hep C. I guess I just deal with it differently

depending on the day and how I'm feeling. There isn't an anti-

depressant I haven't tried and it took me many years to " be content

to be discontent " . I use my energy trying to give back to God first

and then all else go to my grandchildren. I've been blessed with a

great family and just try to take each day as it comes. I just feel

so much better to have found this group. It helps just to know that

someone understands. Wishing you the best. Debbie

>

> Welcome to the group Pita , sorry I wasn't around earlier to

welcome you . I have been ill . Anyway spending all your energy being

angry at yourself isn't gonna help get you better . The one thing we

all have to do is just accept the fact that we have hep c , no matter

how we got it we have it .

>

jThank you Jax. You're right. We just gotta do what we gotta do. I just

am so thankful to have finally been able to join a group even though in

all honesty I would have rather it had been the Girl Scouts

instead...ha ha. Thanks again

>

> welcome to the group Debbie.. you're posting just fine hon,,

> Sometimes we just have to play the cards we're dealt even tho we dont

like them. I DO understand how you are feeling.. We're a great group

and no matter what you decide to do as in regards to treatment, we're

here for you!

> hugs

> jax

>

> >

>

oh I totally DO understand that! I think we'd all rather not have this virus,,

Subject: Re: I'm New Here...To: Hepatitis_C_Central Date: Friday, November 28, 2008, 5:29 PM

jThank you Jax. You're right. We just gotta do what we gotta do. I just am so thankful to have finally been able to join a group even though in all honesty I would have rather it had been the Girl Scouts instead...ha ha. Thanks again>> welcome to the group Debbie.. you're posting just fine hon,, > Sometimes we just have to play the cards we're dealt even tho we dont like them. I DO understand how you are feeling.. We're a great group and no matter what you decide to do as in regards to treatment, we're here for you!> hugs> jax> > >>

Hi Debbie,

Yes, it would be great---all of us out selling cookies together. But most of you guys are so much younger, I wonder if they would make me join a different group??? Here I am allowed to stay. The guys can join the Boy Souts and do whatever boy scouts do. Glad you're here to join in our endeavors--even if it is not selling cookies.

Cheers, SuziQ

Subject: Re: I'm New Here...To: Hepatitis_C_Central Date: Friday, November 28, 2008, 7:29 PM

jThank you Jax. You're right. We just gotta do what we gotta do. I just am so thankful to have finally been able to join a group even though in all honesty I would have rather it had been the Girl Scouts instead...ha ha. Thanks again>> welcome to the group Debbie.. you're posting just fine hon,, > Sometimes we just have to play the cards we're dealt even tho we dont like them. I DO understand how you are feeling.. We're a great group and no matter what you decide to do as in regards to treatment, we're here for you!> hugs> jax> > >>

Grandkids are great , I have 7 myself .I learned the hard way about learning to cope , I tried to commit suicide back in 88 when I was diagnosed with hep non a non b . I found family along with God and have been happy since . If I have any problems nowdays .... I just give em to God and let him sort em out lol And commiserating with others and helping with research have given me much to live for .

Thank you for the welcome . I'm sorry you have been ill. I've had many talks with my heart & mind about this disease and I go thru many different processes with it. I accept it since there's nothing else to do. I sometimes chalk it up to LIFE and the other mistakes I've made and will continue to make since I'd be imperfect even if I didn't have Hep C. I guess I just deal with it differently depending on the day and how I'm feeling. There isn't an anti-depressant I haven't tried and it took me many years to "be content to be discontent". I use my energy trying to give back to God first and then all else go to my grandchildren. I've been blessed with a great family and just try to take each day as it comes. I just feel so much better to have found this group. It helps just to know that someone understands. Wishing you the best. Debbie>> Welcome to the group Pita , sorry I wasn't around earlier to welcome you . I have been ill . Anyway spending all your energy being angry at yourself isn't gonna help get you better . The one thing we all have to do is just accept the fact that we have hep c , no matter how we got it we have it . >

Suzie, You & I could be the Leaders but to tell the truth I'd be too

busy eatin' the cookies so you'd have to take charge. The guys can pull

the wagons while us gals sell & eat the cookies! Thanks for the email

info. I would love to pick your brain when I can and if you don't

mind.>>Debbie2

>

> Hi Debbie,

>  

> Yes, it would be great---all of us out selling cookies together.  But

most of you guys are so much younger, I wonder if they would make me

join a different group???  Here I am allowed to stay.  The guys can

join the Boy Souts and do whatever boy scouts do.  Glad you're here to

join in our endeavors--even if it is not selling cookies.

>  

> Cheers,  SuziQ

>

>

> >

> > >

> >

>

, we have much in common. I tried suicide a few times many,

many years ago before I even knew I had Hep C. Trying to live life on

it's terms everyday. I have 7 grandchildren as well ( only 6 still

living) and they are all the loves of my life.

>

> Grandkids are great , I have 7 myself .I learned the hard way about

learning to cope , I tried to commit suicide back in 88 when I was

diagnosed with hep non a non b .

> >

>

I am sorry to hear you have lost one of your grandbabies , that in itself must have been hard to get through . I am very lucky with my family , I have a great husband and 5 (pain in the ass) children lol And I have my friends here . With the support of my husband and children I made it through the tough times and never did go on antidepressants . My brother in law was on anti'd's and on treatment and killed himself so I figured the meds made him depressed enough to do it so I never want to try em .

, we have much in common. I tried suicide a few times many, many years ago before I even knew I had Hep C. Trying to live life on it's terms everyday. I have 7 grandchildren as well ( only 6 still living) and they are all the loves of my life.>> Grandkids are great , I have 7 myself .I learned the hard way about learning to cope , I tried to commit suicide back in 88 when I was diagnosed with hep non a non b . > >>