EXACTLY on the same day and at EXACTLY at the same time

Dragon Slayer Extraordinaire

Zero viral load

3a

Shot #13 tonight at exactly 7:30 pm

>

> They never told me that about taking the Riba exactly 12 hours

apart! They just said take twice daily and I do but not always at the

same time! Now I am freaking out. I am in my third week.

>  Rita

>

that nurse is not only wrong, but very wrong and if she is telling patients that ,she is compromising their treatment!!!!!!

Subject: Re: Jackie 12 hours apart/JackieTo: Hepatitis_C_Central Date: Sunday, November 30, 2008, 6:31 AM

They said the same thing to me. As a matter of fact the Tx nurse said I could take them all at once once a day. I disagreed since I have such a hard time with new meds so do them 2 times a day. I almost always do my PM Riba between 5 and 6 but AM Riba is whenever I wake up. Of course I have to eat something with it so that delays it as well sometimes.Now my weekly shot of Pegasys is almost a religious event :) I do it EXACTLY on the same day and at EXACTLY at the same timeDragon Slayer ExtraordinaireZero viral load 3aShot #13 tonight at exactly 7:30 pm>> They never told me that about taking the Riba exactly 12 hours apart! They just said take twice daily and I do but not

always at the same time! Now I am freaking out. I am in my third week. > Rita>

I

disagree that’s it’s that important to take the riba exactly 12

hours apart. For one thing, even at 48 weeks of treatment it would be

difficult to maintain such a strict schedule.

I

was told, by the doctor, that I could take them all at once, but would tolerate

it better if I didn’t. I was also told that I could take the riba at

4:00 since I had trouble sleeping, but that was difficult. I take mine at

about 8:00 am and 6:00 pm (breakfast and supper). All my doctors have

known this.

I

was also told by my hepatologist that it was ok to move my shot forward (not

back) one day a week.

One

of the whole points to taking Riba in addition to Interferon is to maintain a

steady state of therapeutic dose; with daily riba, there is little chance of

creating troughs and peaks.

IMNSHO

m

[mailto:Hepatitis_C_Central ] On Behalf Of Jackie

on

Sent: Sunday, November 30, 2008 2:59 PM

To: Hepatitis_C_Central

Subject: Re: Re: Jackie 12 hours apart/Jackie

that nurse is not only wrong, but very wrong and if she is

telling patients that ,she is compromising their treatment!!!!!!

Subject: Re: Jackie 12 hours apart/Jackie

Date: Sunday, November 30, 2008, 6:31 AM

They said the same thing to

me. As a matter of fact the Tx nurse said

I could take them all at once once a day. I disagreed since I have

such a hard time with new meds so do them 2 times a day. I almost

always do my PM Riba between 5 and 6 but AM Riba is whenever I wake

up. Of course I have to eat something with it so that delays it as

well sometimes.

Now my weekly shot of Pegasys is almost a religious event :) I do it

Zero viral load

3a

>

apart! They just said take twice daily and I do but not always at the

same time! Now I am freaking out. I am in my third week.

> Rita

>

My dr eluded to the same. The importance was placed more on doing the Pegasys shot at the exact time and day. It was never stressed that there should be "every 12 hrs" it was "3 tabs twice a day." Insurance also screwed up getting my paper work to the pharmacy so I missed a shot Friday and not sure what day this week it will arrive. How compromising will that be to treatment? And I thought I just had my "silver lining" handed to me to have this pop up. Such is life!AmberSent via BlackBerry by AT&TFrom: Jackie on Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 12:59:02 -0800 (PST)To: <Hepatitis_C_Central >Subject: Re: Re: Jackie 12 hours apart/Jackie that nurse is not only wrong, but very wrong and if she is telling patients that ,she is compromising their treatment!!!!!! Subject: Re: Jackie 12 hours apart/JackieTo: Hepatitis_C_Central Date: Sunday, November 30, 2008, 6:31 AMThey said the same thing to me. As a matter of fact the Tx nurse said I could take them all at once once a day. I disagreed since I have such a hard time with new meds so do them 2 times a day. I almost always do my PM Riba between 5 and 6 but AM Riba is whenever I wake up. Of course I have to eat something with it so that delays it as well sometimes.Now my weekly shot of Pegasys is almost a religious event :) I do it EXACTLY on the same day and at EXACTLY at the same timeDragon Slayer ExtraordinaireZero viral load 3aShot #13 tonight at exactly 7:30 pm>> They never told me that about taking the Riba exactly 12 hours apart! They just said take twice daily and I do but not always at the same time! Now I am freaking out. I am in my third week. > Rita>

Will you all make up my mind for me, damit. My turn is comming up soon and Im already confused. I dont want to screw up.

funnin but serious too.

love

don in kansas

From: <gremlin291989@ yahoo.com>Subject: [Hepatitis_C_ Central] Re: Jackie 12 hours apart/JackieTo: Hepatitis_C_ Central@yahoogro ups.comDate: Sunday, November 30, 2008, 6:31 AM

They said the same thing to me. As a matter of fact the Tx nurse said I could take them all at once once a day. I disagreed since I have such a hard time with new meds so do them 2 times a day. I almost always do my PM Riba between 5 and 6 but AM Riba is whenever I wake up. Of course I have to eat something with it so that delays it as well sometimes.Now my weekly shot of Pegasys is almost a religious event :) I do it EXACTLY on the same day and at EXACTLY at the same timeDragon Slayer ExtraordinaireZero viral load 3aShot #13 tonight at exactly 7:30 pm>> They never told me that about taking the Riba exactly 12 hours apart! They just said take twice daily and

I do but not always at the same time! Now I am freaking out. I am in my third week. > Rita>

Listen to your doctors.Sent: Sunday, November 30, 2008 5:05 PMTo: Hepatitis_C_Central Subject: RE: Re: Jackie 12 hours apart/JackieWill you all make up my mind for me, damit. My turn is comming up soon and Im already confused. I dont want to screw up.funnin but serious too.lovedon in kansasFrom: <gremlin291989@ yahoo.com>Subject: [Hepatitis_C_ Central] Re: Jackie 12 hours apart/JackieTo: Hepatitis_C_ Central@yahoogro ups.comDate: Sunday, November 30, 2008, 6:31 AMThey said the same thing to me. As a matter of fact the Tx nurse saidI could take them all at once once a day. I disagreed since I havesuch a hard time with new meds so do them 2 times a day. I almostalways do my PM Riba between 5 and 6 but AM Riba is whenever I wakeup. Of course I have to eat something with it so that delays it aswell sometimes.Now my weekly shot of Pegasys is almost a religious event :) I do itEXACTLY on the same day and at EXACTLY at the same timeDragon Slayer ExtraordinaireZero viral load3aShot #13 tonight at exactly 7:30 pm>> They never told me that about taking the Riba exactly 12 hoursapart! They just said take twice daily and I do but not always at thesame time! Now I am freaking out. I am in my third week.> Rita>

, YOU HAVE to keep a blood level that is stable and if you take ALL the pills at one time, you will have a rapid elevation and then it will drop too low. I know many docs, RN's and others who treat this virus and they have ALWAYS told me that its very very important to keep the blood level stable,, maybe thats one of the reasons you've never remained SVR and have relapsed...

I think YOU're wrong on this , Ill check around and get back to you with more definate info but Im very very confident that what IM saying IS correct!

From: <gremlin291989@ yahoo.com>Subject: [Hepatitis_C_ Central] Re: Jackie 12 hours apart/JackieTo: Hepatitis_C_ Central@yahoogro ups.comDate: Sunday, November 30, 2008, 6:31 AM

They said the same thing to me. As a matter of fact the Tx nurse said I could take them all at once once a day. I disagreed since I have such a hard time with new meds so do them 2 times a day. I almost always do my PM Riba between 5 and 6 but AM Riba is whenever I wake up. Of course I have to eat something with it so that delays it as well sometimes.Now my weekly shot of Pegasys is almost a religious event :) I do it EXACTLY on the same day and at EXACTLY at the same timeDragon Slayer ExtraordinaireZero viral load 3aShot #13 tonight at exactly 7:30 pm>> They never told me that about taking the Riba exactly 12 hours apart! They just said take twice daily and

I do but not always at the same time! Now I am freaking out. I am in my third week. > Rita>

I know that you are serious Don and that you dont want to screw up,, but if you dont take your meds 12 hours apart, you wont keep your blood levels stable and that CAN impact your outcome. Please know that I would NEVER give anyone wrong info intentionally and I have dealt with so many people who have treated as well as many different docs, nurses and others who are helping ppl treat.. and they have insisted that the meds MUST be taken 12 hours apart and NEVER taken all at once. Please discuss this with your doc if you have any questions about it but as I said, I already have discussed it with so many who treat others with it and NONE of them EVER would recommend that anyone not take their doses 12 hours apart.. and NOT miss a dose... most go by the 80-80-80- rule which states that you must do at least 80% of your medicine 80% of the time to have an 80%

chance of sucessful outcome with treatment but Im sure it applies to geno 2 or 3.. but the point is that you must NOT miss a dose and it must be 12 hours apart... or you risk failure...

well messing with the treatment doses and schedules is the most risky during the first 12 weeks when you're really beating the virus down..Many docs simply stop tx if you're not undetectible by week 12, so its very very important that you not mess with the treatment schedule. Remember, the Interferon boosts your immune system so that the Ribavirin can work to kill the virus.. they work together. Twice a day means 12 hours apart, 3 times a day means every 8 hours. I think that most medical folks just assume that most ppl understand that.. twice a day means every 12 hours..

I dont know if it will mess your treatment outcome or not... I know that I missed ONE dose of Riba but that was not until week 36, up till that point, I was extremely careful to make sure that I did my meds ON TIME, EVERY TIME. I set my watch alarm so that I would not miss,, and you know what? I was given virtually NO chance at SVR and I made it, I was given 10-15% chance of even responding to tx and I DID that too,, I BELIEVE it was because I was soooo careful to make sure I did everything exactly as they told me to...

They said the same thing to me. As a matter of fact the Tx nurse said I could take them all at once once a day. I disagreed since I have such a hard time with new meds so do them 2 times a day. I almost always do my PM Riba between 5 and 6 but AM Riba is whenever I wake up. Of course I have to eat something with it so that delays it as well sometimes.Now my weekly shot of Pegasys is almost a religious event :) I do it EXACTLY on the same day and at EXACTLY at the same timeDragon Slayer ExtraordinaireZero viral load 3aShot #13 tonight at exactly 7:30 pm>> They never told me that about taking the Riba exactly 12 hours apart! They just said take twice daily and I do but not

This miss makes total since about keeping a steady build up of meds in our system. My dr cut my Riba back from 6 to 4 tabs a day so I have those to continue for a few more days just missed my 13th shot on Friday. Now I'm going to be worried about this screwing up my RVR.Do you mind sharing who your dr is/was. When I was first dx'd yrs ago I was sent to UCD. I'm now seeing a GI who just came here from the east coast. Thanks for holding my hand through this. While my family is really trying, unless you've traveled this journey, you can only understand so much.AmberSent via BlackBerry by AT&TFrom: Jackie on Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 21:32:36 -0800 (PST)To: <Hepatitis_C_Central >Subject: Re: Re: Jackie 12 hours apart/Jackie well messing with the treatment doses and schedules is the most risky during the first 12 weeks when you're really beating the virus down..Many docs simply stop tx if you're not undetectible by week 12, so its very very important that you not mess with the treatment schedule. Remember, the Interferon boosts your immune system so that the Ribavirin can work to kill the virus.. they work together. Twice a day means 12 hours apart, 3 times a day means every 8 hours. I think that most medical folks just assume that most ppl understand that.. twice a day means every 12 hours.. I dont know if it will mess your treatment outcome or not... I know that I missed ONE dose of Riba but that was not until week 36, up till that point, I was extremely careful to make sure that I did my meds ON TIME, EVERY TIME. I set my watch alarm so that I would not miss,, and you know what? I was given virtually NO chance at SVR and I made it, I was given 10-15% chance of even responding to tx and I DID that too,, I BELIEVE it was because I was soooo careful to make sure I did everything exactly as they told me to...From: <gremlin291989@ yahoo.com>Subject: [Hepatitis_C_ Central] Re: Jackie 12 hours apart/JackieTo: Hepatitis_C_ Central@yahoogro ups.comDate: Sunday, November 30, 2008, 6:31 AMThey said the same thing to me. As a matter of fact the Tx nurse said I could take them all at once once a day. I disagreed since I have such a hard time with new meds so do them 2 times a day. I almost always do my PM Riba between 5 and 6 but AM Riba is whenever I wake up. Of course I have to eat something with it so that delays it as well sometimes.Now my weekly shot of Pegasys is almost a religious event :) I do it EXACTLY on the same day and at EXACTLY at the same timeDragon Slayer ExtraordinaireZero viral load 3aShot #13 tonight at exactly 7:30 pm>> They never told me that about taking the Riba exactly 12 hours apart! They just said take twice daily and I do but not always at the same time! Now I am freaking out. I am in my third week. > Rita>

Hi Amber,

Im not sure I understand what you are saying,, how many times have you missed your dose since you started? WHY did your doc not prescribe procrit for your anemia before lowering your dose of Riba? THAT CAN cause issues too.. I was told by my doc who was in Oregon as well as Dr. Ben Cecil that one must be very strict in adherence especially during the first 12 weeks as thats when most of the virus is killed off.. My doc was Dr. O'Neill who just retired sept 1st of this year. He initially sent me to a gastro who wasnt very up on things regarding hep c altho he said he was.. he refused to give me procrit and wanted to lower my dose to which I refused and MADE him give me procrit.. when it came down to it, he didnt know how MUCH to write the script for and that was why he didnt want to give it to me and wanted me to lower my dose of riba.. I did that ONE night by ONE Pill and demanded the procrit and immediately went back to my standard

dose.. it made him mad but I KNEW that my best chance to beat this virus was the first treatment..

Thats why Im asking why your doc didnt give you procrit instead of lowering your dose as that is the LAST option or so I've been told.. Now Im not a doc and I DONT know your particular blood chemistry or your particular status,, but I DO know that according to ben cecil, lowring the riba is the last thing one should do and procrit should be given instead, especially if you're in the first 12 weeks of tx.. My doc agree'd with dr cecil when he said that geno1 need to do 48 weeks AFTER becoming undetectible so he suggested that treat for a full 60 weeks to ensure that I'd done that 48 weeks aftrer becoming undetectible,, unfortunately I had to quit at week 54 of those 60 weeks, but it was not for lack of having procrit and neupogen.. Have you had a pcr to see if you are undetectible yet? That might be where you could start, have the pcr and if you are not fully clear yet with the heptimax which tests down to 2-5 iu/ml.. if you are undectible with that

test at this point, then I'd say that if you complete the full 48 weeks and remain undetectible , then you stand a good chance of remaining SVR.. But if you do a pcr and you still have viral load, then I'd be questioning the doc about why he lowered your meds instead of giving you the blood boosters to keep you on your full doses..and I'd be questioning whether you should extend your treatment to 60 or 72 weeks but only if you become undetectible very soon. Some insurance companies wont continue to treat if you are not undetectible by week 12.

I know what you mean, unless a person has walked in our shoes, its hard to truely understand altho I think I've got the best hubby who really has tried to understand and to help me in any way possible through out my treatment..

Best of luck hon

jax

Retired Pharmacy Tech here Jackie so I know what 2 times a day means

so we did specifically discuss doing them at 8 hours. I am pretty

sure she said it was OK due to the half life of the Riba pills. Since

you are SVR and feel so strongly about this I will do some research

on it too and then FLIP out if I was given incorrect information.

Thank so much!

> >

> > They never told me that about taking the Riba exactly 12 hours

> apart! They just said take twice daily and I do but not always at

the

> same time! Now I am freaking out. I am in my third week.

> >  Rita

> >

>

I agree with you Jackie. And it is right in the information package that comes with the medication.

We want our members here to get the most accurate and up to date information.

That is why we have a research coordinator here and often refer to Liz when we have questions that we can not answer off the top of our heads.

Love

Janet

"There are souls in this world that have the gift of finding joy everywhere and of leaving it behind them when they go"

Frederick Faber

To: Hepatitis_C_Central Sent: Sunday, November 30, 2008 11:26:54 PMSubject: RE: Re: Jackie 12 hours apart/Jackie

I know that you are serious Don and that you dont want to screw up,, but if you dont take your meds 12 hours apart, you wont keep your blood levels stable and that CAN impact your outcome. Please know that I would NEVER give anyone wrong info intentionally and I have dealt with so many people who have treated as well as many different docs, nurses and others who are helping ppl treat.. and they have insisted that the meds MUST be taken 12 hours apart and NEVER taken all at once. Please discuss this with your doc if you have any questions about it but as I said, I already have discussed it with so many who treat others with it and NONE of them EVER would recommend that anyone not take their doses 12 hours apart.. and NOT miss a dose... most go by the 80-80-80- rule which states that you must do at least 80% of your medicine 80% of the time to have an 80% chance of sucessful outcome with treatment but Im sure it applies to geno 2 or

3.. but the point is that you must NOT miss a dose and it must be 12 hours apart... or you risk failure...

They said the same thing to me. As a matter of fact the Tx nurse said I could take them all at once once a day. I disagreed since I have such a hard time with new meds so do them 2 times a day. I almost always do my PM Riba between 5 and 6 but AM Riba is whenever I wake up. Of course I have to eat something with it so that delays it as well sometimes.Now my weekly shot of Pegasys is almost a religious event :) I do it EXACTLY on the same day and at EXACTLY at the same timeDragon Slayer ExtraordinaireZero viral load 3aShot #13 tonight at exactly 7:30 pm>> They never told me that about taking the Riba exactly 12

hours apart! They just said take twice daily and I do but not always at the same time! Now I am freaking out. I am in my third week. > Rita>

OPINIONS are NEVER wrong.I agree that taking a full days dose at once is crazy, but there is a long half-life to riba.Don't tell me what may or may not have caused my relapse.I'm pretty confident too, when I tell pelple to listen to THEIR DOCTORS!!!

Matchinsky Bertrand - " I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong. "

2008/11/30 Jackie on

, YOU HAVE to keep a blood level that is stable and if you take ALL the pills at one time, you will have a rapid elevation and then it will drop too low. I know many docs, RN's and others who treat this virus and they have ALWAYS told me that its very very important to keep the blood level stable,, maybe thats one of the reasons you've never remained SVR and have relapsed...

I think YOU're wrong on this , Ill check around and get back to you with more definate info but Im very very confident that what IM saying IS correct!

From: <gremlin291989@ yahoo.com>Subject: [Hepatitis_C_ Central] Re: Jackie 12 hours apart/JackieTo: Hepatitis_C_ Central@yahoogro ups.com

They said the same thing to me. As a matter of fact the Tx nurse said I could take them all at once once a day. I disagreed since I have such a hard time with new meds so do them 2 times a day. I almost always do my PM Riba between 5 and 6 but AM Riba is whenever I wake

up. Of course I have to eat something with it so that delays it as well sometimes.Now my weekly shot of Pegasys is almost a religious event :) I do it EXACTLY on the same day and at EXACTLY at the same time

Dragon Slayer ExtraordinaireZero viral load 3aShot #13 tonight at exactly 7:30 pm>> They never told me that about taking the Riba exactly 12 hours apart! They just said take twice daily and

i read the instructions that came with my copegus and it says it must

be taken twice a day within 2 hours and if you miss the 2 hour window

to skip the dose.

> >

> apart! They just said take twice daily and I do but not always at

the

> same time! Now I am freaking out. I am in my third week.

> >  Rita

> >

>

correct.. Im not sure that one should skip to the next dose tho, I just know that not taking it 12 hours apart can cause failure of treatment. Its THAT important and if necessary, one should set an alarm.. I know many other people , even some who dont have hep c that need to take their meds on a schedule so they set their watch alarm to remind them.

its THAT important , especially on tx!

hugs,

jax

Subject: Re: Jackie 12 hours apart/JackieTo: Hepatitis_C_Central Date: Monday, December 1, 2008, 9:46 AM

i read the instructions that came with my copegus and it says it must be taken twice a day within 2 hours and if you miss the 2 hour window to skip the dose.> >> > They never told me that about taking the Riba exactly 12 hours > apart! They just said take twice daily and I do but not always at the > same time! Now I am freaking out. I am in my third week. > > Rita> >>

thank you janet..

I haven't stepped in to this one cause Jackie gave the correct answers and I agree with her also . For anyone that still disagrees go to www.schering.com and read the medication inserts and directions .

[Hepatitis_C_ Central] Re: Jackie 12 hours apart/JackieTo: Hepatitis_C_ Central@yahoogro ups.comDate: Sunday, November 30, 2008, 6:31 AM

They said the same thing to me. As a matter of fact the Tx nurse said I could take them all at once once a day. I disagreed since I have such a hard time with new meds so do them 2 times a day. I almost always do my PM Riba between 5 and 6 but AM Riba is whenever I wake up. Of course I have to eat something with it so that delays it as well sometimes.Now my weekly shot of Pegasys is almost a religious event :) I do it EXACTLY on the same day and at EXACTLY at the same timeDragon Slayer ExtraordinaireZero viral load 3aShot #13 tonight at exactly 7:30 pm>> They never told me that about taking the Riba exactly 12 hours apart! They just said take twice daily and I do but not always at the same time! Now I am freaking out. I am in my third week. > Rita>

thats cool valerie, please do so, but I KNOW that twice a day means 12 hours apart, not 8 hours apart.otherwise the rx would state q 8 hours . My treatment nurse was VERY adamant about it. I KNOW that one of the reasons that I DID reach SVR is that I did it by the book.. I missed ONE PILL when my doc wanted me to skip the entire dose, which I refused because I KNEW that its so very important to keep blood levels. Remember when I treated it was right after the pegylated INF came out. I talked with another treatment nurse who used to come to the forums and she was also adamant about 12 hours apart. SHE had a very very high success rate of helping her patients reach SVR, higher than most hep c docs!!! .. Many docs who treat may still not know of all the little but very significant issues with this treatment. Also, remember I was given

only 10-15% chance of 'responding' to treatment and NO, ZERO chance of reaching SVR.... I DID both.. and I BELIEVE it was because I refused to do this treatment haphazardly. I spoke with the best docs and I took their advice and I did it by the books.. IF it wasnt important to keep your blood levels at a certain point in order to keep pushing back at the virus, they wouldnt insist that you take half your dose twice a day. I remember when I was working on the ambulance and we had to administer different meds, many of the to jump start hearts or correct heart dysrhythmias, you had to keep a stable blood level or risk the patient going back to whatever rhythm that caused their problems.

I KNOW I'm right about this.. I know that one might not be able to make it EXACTLY 12 hours apart to the min, but its very important to take it 12 hours apart, as close as you can and when you're fighting for your life, to kill off a virus that will kill a part of your body that either will kill you or must be replaced, I would think that one would make certain that they would take it on time, every time. I dont get it that some folks want to take this treatment so cavalier and not realize that it only works 50% of the time for geno 1's, and why one who is geno 1 would not take this very seriously and would do whatever it takes to make sure they take their treatment meds ON time, EVERY time... I dont get it,, but then again, when I taught adult college emt classes, I never could understand why anyone would show up to class without having read the class material and being prepared... after all, they signed up for the class.. All it takes is to

be responsible... its not that difficult... gggggggrrrrrrrrr

ok, Ill step off my soapbox now... lol,,

Subject: Re: Jackie 12 hours apart/JackieTo: Hepatitis_C_Central Date: Monday, December 1, 2008, 6:06 AM

Retired Pharmacy Tech here Jackie so I know what 2 times a day means so we did specifically discuss doing them at 8 hours. I am pretty sure she said it was OK due to the half life of the Riba pills. Since you are SVR and feel so strongly about this I will do some research on it too and then FLIP out if I was given incorrect information.Thank so much!> >> > They never told me that about taking the Riba exactly 12 hours > apart! They just said take twice daily and I do but not always at the > same time! Now I am freaking out. I am in my third week. > > Rita>

>>

Thank you Liz!

Don,

Just remember that it is very important (so I've been told) to take

Birth Control Pills the same time every day in order to be protected

from pregnancy...

This probably has nothing to do with you but I thought I would throw

it in for the hell of it...LOL!

xoxoxo

>

> Will you all make up my mind for me, damit. My turn is comming up

soon and Im already confused. I dont want to screw up.

> funnin but serious too.

> love

> don in kansas

>

> -

hahahaha OH I LOVE IT!!! thank you for 'lightening up' this topic!!!

don, dont forget your bc pills honey,,, lol

hugs,

jax

Subject: Re: Jackie 12 hours apart/JackieTo: Hepatitis_C_Central Date: Monday, December 1, 2008, 1:22 PM

Don,Just remember that it is very important (so I've been told) to takeBirth Control Pills the same time every day in order to be protectedfrom pregnancy...This probably has nothing to do with you but I thought I would throwit in for the hell of it...LOL! xoxoxo>> Will you all make up my mind for me, damit. My turn is comming upsoon and Im already confused. I dont want to screw up.> funnin but serious too.> love > don in kansas> > -

You’re

the one who is confusing people.

m

[mailto:Hepatitis_C_Central ] On Behalf Of Jackie

on

Sent: Monday, December 01, 2008 2:17 PM

correct.. Im not sure that one should skip to the next

dose tho, I just know that not taking it 12 hours apart can cause failure of

treatment. Its THAT important and if necessary, one should set an

alarm.. I know many other people , even some who dont have hep c that need to

take their meds on a schedule so they set their watch alarm to remind them.

its THAT important , especially on tx!

hugs,

jax

Subject: Re: Jackie 12 hours apart/Jackie

Date: Monday, December 1, 2008, 9:46 AM

i read the instructions that

came with my copegus and it says it must

be taken twice a day within 2 hours and if you miss the 2 hour window

to skip the dose.

> >

> apart! They just said take twice daily and I do but not always at

the

> same time! Now I am freaking out. I am in my third week.

> > Rita

> >

>

Doesn’t

matter what the pharmaceutical company recommends (and it is a recommendation,

NOT written in stone).

In

real life, exactly 12 hours apart is NOT realistic.  And anyone should LISTEN

TO THEIR DOCTOR, not advice on this list!!!!

m

[mailto:Hepatitis_C_Central ] On Behalf Of elizabethnv1

Sent: Monday, December 01, 2008 2:40 PM

I

haven't stepped in to this one cause Jackie gave the correct answers and I

agree with her also . For anyone that still disagrees go to www.schering.com and read the medication

inserts and directions .

-----

Original Message -----

Sent: Monday, December 01,

2008 6:37 AM

Subject: Re:

Re: Jackie 12 hours apart/Jackie

I agree with you

Jackie. And it is right in the information package that comes with the

medication.

We want our

members here to get the most accurate and up to date information.

That is

why we have a research coordinator here and often refer to Liz when we have

questions that we can not answer off the top of our heads.

Love

Janet

" There are

souls in this world that have the gift of finding joy everywhere and of leaving

it behind them when they go "

Frederick

Faber

Sent: Sunday, November 30, 2008 11:26:54 PM

Subject: RE: Re: Jackie 12 hours apart/Jackie

I know that you are serious Don and that you dont want to

screw up,, but if you dont take your meds 12 hours apart, you wont keep your

blood levels stable and that CAN impact your outcome. Please know that I

would NEVER give anyone wrong info intentionally and I have dealt with so

many people who have treated as well as many different docs, nurses and

others who are helping ppl treat.. and they have insisted that the meds MUST

be taken 12 hours apart and NEVER taken all at once. Please discuss

this with your doc if you have any questions about it but as I said, I

already have discussed it with so many who treat others with it and NONE of

them EVER would recommend that anyone not take their doses 12 hours apart..

and NOT miss a dose... most go by the 80-80-80- rule which states that you

must do at least 80% of your medicine 80% of the time to have an 80% chance

of sucessful outcome with treatment but Im sure it applies to geno 2 or 3..

but the point is that you must NOT miss a dose and it must be 12 hours

apart... or you risk failure...

Subject: [Hepatitis_C_ Central] Re: Jackie 12 hours apart/Jackie

To: Hepatitis_C_ Central@yahoogro ups.com

They said the same thing to me. As a matter of fact the Tx nurse said

I could take them all at once once a day. I disagreed since I have

such a hard time with new meds so do them 2 times a day. I almost

always do my PM Riba between 5 and 6 but AM Riba is whenever I wake

up. Of course I have to eat something with it so that delays it as

well sometimes.

Now my weekly shot of Pegasys is almost a religious event :) I do it

Zero viral load

3a

>

apart! They just said take twice daily and I do but not always at

the

same time! Now I am freaking out. I am in my third week.

> Rita

>

im trying to follow this and i must say im getting confused, Matchinsky wrote: You’re the one who is confusing people. m From: Hepatitis_C_Central [mailto:Hepatitis_C_Central ] On Behalf Of Jackie onSent: Monday, December 01, 2008 2:17 PMTo: Hepatitis_C_Central Subject: Re: Re: Jackie 12 hours apart/Jackie correct.. Im not sure that one should skip to the next dose tho, I just know that not taking it 12 hours apart can cause failure of treatment. Its THAT important and if necessary, one

should set an alarm.. I know many other people , even some who dont have hep c that need to take their meds on a schedule so they set their watch alarm to remind them. its THAT important , especially on tx! hugs, jax From: Bob <unclebutch>Subject: Re: Jackie 12 hours apart/JackieTo: Hepatitis_C_Central Date: Monday, December 1, 2008, 9:46 AM i read the instructions that came with my copegus and it says it must be taken twice a day within 2 hours and if you miss the 2 hour

window to skip the dose.> >> > They never told me that about taking the Riba exactly 12 hours > apart! They just said take twice daily and I do but not always at the > same time! Now I am freaking out. I am in my third week. > > Rita> >>