RemedySpot.com

Re: Dr visit today

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi,

Congratulations on your "Rapid Viral Response"! Way to go! - you stand an excellent chance of clearing this virus according to stats - alright!

But unfortunately, interferon triggers many autoimmune disorders, particularly thyroiditis. So, your docs are doing what they are supposed to do - monitor you for possible thyroid problems. Here's a short link:

Influence of interferon:In a recent review it was stated that up to 15 % of interferon treated patients develop thyroid disease and up to 40 % develop antibodies

http://www.ikp.unibe.ch/lab2/hcvthyr.html

Here's a good site - has article about interferon and the thyroid as well as ones about other autoimmune disorders that might be triggered from therapy.

http://www.nationalhepatitiscinstitute.org/Data/Research/TheLiver/Management/TreatmentNotEveryone.htm

It seems to say that if you had thyroid predictors before starting treatment, you are more likely to develop thyroid problems during treatment. And your docs are doing the right tests to monitor you for any potential problems, though you'll probably do fine.

Well, congrats again and take care,

Chris

My Dr said I have what is called Rapid Viral Response. My white and red counts have dropped but not at a dangerous level yet. I have been really more exhausted lately but was blaming it on the foggy weather, 5 kids, work and the holidays. The Dr is going to keep an eye on my lab levels and would also like to have one next week with a thyroid test added. Is there issues with the thyroid while on meds? I know I've seen it in post but didn't retain what it was. Make your life easier with all your friends, email, and favorite sites in one place. Try it now.

Thanks for the info!AkSent via BlackBerry by AT&TFrom: smalk50@...Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2008 11:51:57 ESTTo: <Hepatitis_C_Central >Subject: Re: Dr visit today Hi, Congratulations on your "Rapid Viral Response"! Way to go! - you stand an excellent chance of clearing this virus according to stats - alright! But unfortunately, interferon triggers many autoimmune disorders, particularly thyroiditis. So, your docs are doing what they are supposed to do - monitor you for possible thyroid problems. Here's a short link: Influence of interferon:In a recent review it was stated that up to 15 % of interferon treated patients develop thyroid disease and up to 40 % develop antibodies http://www.ikp.unibe.ch/lab2/hcvthyr.html Here's a good site - has article about interferon and the thyroid as well as ones about other autoimmune disorders that might be triggered from therapy. http://www.nationalhepatitiscinstitute.org/Data/Research/TheLiver/Management/TreatmentNotEveryone.htm It seems to say that if you had thyroid predictors before starting treatment, you are more likely to develop thyroid problems during treatment. And your docs are doing the right tests to monitor you for any potential problems, though you'll probably do fine. Well, congrats again and take care, My Dr said I have what is called Rapid Viral Response. My white and red counts have dropped but not at a dangerous level yet. I have been really more exhausted lately but was blaming it on the foggy weather, 5 kids, work and the holidays. The Dr is going to keep an eye on my lab levels and would also like to have one next week with a thyroid test added. Is there issues with the thyroid while on meds? I know I've seen it in post but didn't retain what it was. Make your life easier with all your friends, email, and favorite sites in one place. Try it now.

Early viralogical respolnse is also a good indicator of SVR , keep it up

Dr visit today

I had an appt with my GI today. I started my tx 9/5/08 with HCV viral load of over 4 million and PCR at 6.7 LogIU/ml. (My genotype is 1A) My labs on 11/18/08 came back with a viral load of less than 50 and PCR 1.70 LogIU/ml. My Dr said I have what is called Rapid Viral Response. My white and red counts have dropped but not at a dangerous level yet. I have been really more exhausted lately but was blaming it on the foggy weather, 5 kids, work and the holidays. The Dr is going to keep an eye on my lab levels and would also like to have one next week with a thyroid test added. Is there issues with the thyroid while on meds? I know I've seen it in post but didn't retain what it was. I want to encourage all you new ones beginning tx that I prepared for the worst and prayed for the best. In the first few weeks I felt like I had the worse hangover with the flu. I even remember thinking one night if it wasn't for my family I'd probably quit. That was a pity party! I put on my big girl undies and can say that not long after that I had good/great/bad moments and could enjoy outings and activities. I'm looking forward to how great I am supposed to feel once I'm through. Don't ever give up, pace your activities, and know that fear, anger, feeling puny, and pity are all part of the journey. I can say now I see the rainbow beyond my storm and I can't wait to dance in it. Sorry for going on and on. I'm still in shock that there is really going to be an end to all this and I may be the Winner! Amber Sent via BlackBerry by AT & T