RemedySpot.com

Re: Genotypes...Vaccines... ALT's , AST's..THE GOOD the BAD and the just plain UGLY!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dammmmm

You whine almost as good as me. Amazing.

But you did a darned good job of it, if I say so, and I do.

Maybe in 15 or so years youll have it all figured out what all this means. Thats the way I look at it.

One person says one thing, another another...another. Geeeeeeze.

I personally think your doing wonderful. It sounds like your heading down the right road in the right lane.

I love you and keep pushing for answers. Your answer is out there, Im sure.

love

don in kansas

Subject: Genotypes...Vaccines... ALT's , AST's..THE GOOD the BAD and the just plain UGLY!To: Hepatitis_C_Central Date: Thursday, December 4, 2008, 3:50 PM

First time was told my genotype was 2. Got back labs today and they say genotype is 3a. I have to read more about the GT's but was wondering what others in the group are? Also Alphafetoprotein tumor marker was 5.5 with "reference range" <6.1 ( what the heck? ) My ALT is 40 and AST is 45. In April 07 these were ALT 69 & AST 44. In October 07 ALT 69 & AST 42. December 07 ALT 56 & AST 28. Don't understand what all the jumping around is and just read that these numbers are really not good indicators of liver's health anyway. So...HOW ARE ANY OF US SUPPOSED TO KNOW WHAT ANY OF THIS CRAP REALLY MEANS IF NONE OF IT REALLY MEANS ANYTHING AND THE MEDICAL PEOPLE WHO PRETEND TO KNOW WHAT IT ALL MEANS AND EVEN IF THEY KNEW WHAT IT MEANS IT DOESN'T MEAN WHAT THEY SAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!! !!!!!!UGH!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!! !!!!I don't think it matters even what any of

it means! About the only thing I am sure of is when your body starts falling apart then they can try to tape it back up, inject it out , insert it in , cut it apart, I don't think I even care anymore to even try to figure it all out. I am going to the Health Department ( which is where the dam* gastro. doc said to go to get the vaccines for A & B which btw I was a "reactive" to Hep B which SUPPOSEDLY means I was exposed to it but don't have it and BLAH< BLAH > BLAH <! I SINCERELY do want to hand it to all you folks who DO know what all of this is supposed to mean and the research and time and effort and all it's taken on your parts. AS FOR ME...I'm gonna take some supplements ( the days of HERB are long over, *sigh*) drink more water, try to eat healthier and may the Hep C be damned. I'm not devoting the rest of my life dealing with this S(%^$ eating disease that has no real answers to it

because there are no real questions to it. IT IS WHAT IT IS......NOW, I'M DONE BELLYACHING. Hey Don, betcha didn't know I could out whine ya huh?...Somebody? ...please pass the cheese !

Your tumor markers are great , thank goodness . They are just what they say , they are markers of tumor growths in the body .So having em low is good news The alt and ast are numbers that go up and down daily they are your liver enzymes and so far they are not that bad .Here is just a taste from an article about genotype 3's and it should make you happy if you ever do decide to try the treatment . I got this from a government site ..

Genotype 3 (easier to treat)

Approximately 6% of Americans with hepatitis C have genotype 3 Chance of clearing hepatitis C virus is 65-80% Treatment usually lasts for 6 months Ribavirin dosage usually is lower than that required to treat genotype 1

Previous | Next

Genotypes...Vaccines... ALT's , AST's..THE GOOD the BAD and the just plain UGLY!

First time was told my genotype was 2. Got back labs today and they say genotype is 3a. I have to read more about the GT's but was wondering what others in the group are? Also Alphafetoprotein tumor marker was 5.5 with "reference range" <6.1 ( what the heck? ) My ALT is 40 and AST is 45. In April 07 these were ALT 69 & AST 44. In October 07 ALT 69 & AST 42. December 07 ALT 56 & AST 28. Don't understand what all the jumping around is and just read that these numbers are really not good indicators of liver's health anyway. So...HOW ARE ANY OF US SUPPOSED TO KNOW WHAT ANY OF THIS CRAP REALLY MEANS IF NONE OF IT REALLY MEANS ANYTHING AND THE MEDICAL PEOPLE WHO PRETEND TO KNOW WHAT IT ALL MEANS AND EVEN IF THEY KNEW WHAT IT MEANS IT DOESN'T MEAN WHAT THEY SAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I don't think it matters even what any of it means! About the only thing I am sure of is when your body starts falling apart then they can try to tape it back up, inject it out , insert it in , cut it apart, I don't think I even care anymore to even try to figure it all out. I am going to the Health Department ( which is where the dam* gastro. doc said to go to get the vaccines for A & B which btw I was a "reactive" to Hep B which SUPPOSEDLY means I was exposed to it but don't have it and BLAH< BLAH > BLAH <! I SINCERELY do want to hand it to all you folks who DO know what all of this is supposed to mean and the research and time and effort and all it's taken on your parts. AS FOR ME...I'm gonna take some supplements ( the days of HERB are long over, *sigh*) drink more water, try to eat healthier and may the Hep C be damned. I'm not devoting the rest of my life dealing with this S(%^$ eating disease that has no real answers to it because there are no real questions to it. IT IS WHAT IT IS......NOW, I'M DONE BELLYACHING. Hey Don, betcha didn't know I could out whine ya huh?...Somebody?...please pass the cheese !

THANK YOU Liz, I knew you'd have the best info for her!

Subject: Re: Genotypes...Vaccines... ALT's , AST's..THE GOOD the BAD and the just plain UGLY!To: Hepatitis_C_Central Date: Thursday, December 4, 2008, 4:21 PM

Your tumor markers are great , thank goodness . They are just what they say , they are markers of tumor growths in the body .So having em low is good news The alt and ast are numbers that go up and down daily they are your liver enzymes and so far they are not that bad .Here is just a taste from an article about genotype 3's and it should make you happy if you ever do decide to try the treatment . I got this from a government site ..

Genotype 3 (easier to treat)

Approximately 6% of Americans with hepatitis C have genotype 3 Chance of clearing hepatitis C virus is 65-80% Treatment usually lasts for 6 months Ribavirin dosage usually is lower than that required to treat genotype 1

Previous | Next

[Hepatitis_C_ Central] Genotypes... Vaccines. .. ALT's , AST's..THE GOOD the BAD and the just plain UGLY!

First time was told my genotype was 2. Got back labs today and they say genotype is 3a. I have to read more about the GT's but was wondering what others in the group are? Also Alphafetoprotein tumor marker was 5.5 with "reference range" <6.1 ( what the heck? ) My ALT is 40 and AST is 45. In April 07 these were ALT 69 & AST 44. In October 07 ALT 69 & AST 42. December 07 ALT 56 & AST 28. Don't understand what all the jumping around is and just read that these numbers are really not good indicators of liver's health anyway. So...HOW ARE ANY OF US SUPPOSED TO KNOW WHAT ANY OF THIS CRAP REALLY MEANS IF NONE OF IT REALLY MEANS ANYTHING AND THE MEDICAL PEOPLE WHO PRETEND TO KNOW WHAT IT ALL MEANS AND EVEN IF THEY KNEW WHAT IT MEANS IT DOESN'T MEAN WHAT THEY SAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!! !!!!!!UGH!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!! !!!!I don't think it matters even what any of

it means! About the only thing I am sure of is when your body starts falling apart then they can try to tape it back up, inject it out , insert it in , cut it apart, I don't think I even care anymore to even try to figure it all out. I am going to the Health Department ( which is where the dam* gastro. doc said to go to get the vaccines for A & B which btw I was a "reactive" to Hep B which SUPPOSEDLY means I was exposed to it but don't have it and BLAH< BLAH > BLAH <! I SINCERELY do want to hand it to all you folks who DO know what all of this is supposed to mean and the research and time and effort and all it's taken on your parts. AS FOR ME...I'm gonna take some supplements ( the days of HERB are long over, *sigh*) drink more water, try to eat healthier and may the Hep C be damned. I'm not devoting the rest of my life dealing with this S(%^$ eating disease that has no real answers to it

because there are no real questions to it. IT IS WHAT IT IS......NOW, I'M DONE BELLYACHING. Hey Don, betcha didn't know I could out whine ya huh?...Somebody? ...please pass the cheese !

--Thanks Liz. It's just so frustrating when there are so many

variables to this disease. So much emphasis is put on all these lab

numbers and yet you can turn around and read that they really don't

give a clear picture of your liver health. There is the biopsy but

then since I'm not going to do treatment then I see no reason to have

my liver poked. I guess I either need to research more or quit

researching and trying to understand any of it...Debbie- In

Hepatitis_C_Central , " elizabethnv1 "

wrote:

>

> Your tumor markers are great , thank goodness . They are just what

they say , they are markers of tumor growths in the body .So having

em low is good news The alt and ast are numbers that go up and down

daily they are your liver enzymes and so far they are not that

bad .Here is just a taste from an article about genotype 3's and it

should make you happy if you ever do decide to try the treatment . I

got this from a government site ..

>

> Genotype 3 (easier to treat)

>

> a.. Approximately 6% of Americans with hepatitis C have

genotype 3

> b.. Chance of clearing hepatitis C virus is 65-80%

> c.. Treatment usually lasts for 6 months

> d.. Ribavirin dosage usually is lower than that required to

treat genotype 1

>

>

>

>

Having a biopsy doesn't mean you have to treat honey , a biopsy is valuable diagnostic tool . It tells you what and how much damage there is in your liver . It can also determine roughly how much longer the liver you have is gonna last (although nothin is cut in stone) . It can impact your diet ie protein intake and iron intake etc . So give having a biopsy a thought , if not for treatment then for your own knowledge .

Re: Genotypes...Vaccines... ALT's , AST's..THE GOOD the BAD and the just plain UGLY!

--Thanks Liz. It's just so frustrating when there are so many variables to this disease. So much emphasis is put on all these lab numbers and yet you can turn around and read that they really don't give a clear picture of your liver health. There is the biopsy but then since I'm not going to do treatment then I see no reason to have my liver poked. I guess I either need to research more or quit researching and trying to understand any of it...Debbie- In Hepatitis_C_Central , "elizabethnv1" wrote:>> Your tumor markers are great , thank goodness . They are just what they say , they are markers of tumor growths in the body .So having em low is good news The alt and ast are numbers that go up and down daily they are your liver enzymes and so far they are not that bad .Here is just a taste from an article about genotype 3's and it should make you happy if you ever do decide to try the treatment . I got this from a government site ..> > Genotype 3 (easier to treat) > > a.. Approximately 6% of Americans with hepatitis C have genotype 3 > b.. Chance of clearing hepatitis C virus is 65-80% > c.. Treatment usually lasts for 6 months > d.. Ribavirin dosage usually is lower than that required to treat genotype 1> > > >