RemedySpot.com

Re: Naturally occurring dominant resistance mutations t...

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hey Liz,

Yeah I saw some of them, maybe I missed this one - which is a good one as it can identify factors in a person who does not respond to treatment or re-treatment with protease inhibitors. Interesting.....

Chris

I posted some stuff on the Stat C also last week after the AASLD conference .Life should be easier. So should your homepage. Try the NEW AOL.com.

Well, Liz, bless your heart! You have been a true warrior in your battle with the dragon! you've thrown everything that traditional medicine has at it. Unfortunately, it really doesn't seem to work on some folks and you might be one of them.

Hopefully, one of the dna or genetic type treatments will be out in the not too far future ...and there is always Dr. Berkson and alternative measures and diet to keep your liver going until those treatments are here. There are a lot of folks who have done really well with alternatives...

Cheers,

Berkson info:

Dr. Berkson commonly sees patients with the following:• Cirrhosis• Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)• Diabetes mellitus• Hepatitis C• Lupus• Multiple Sclerosis (MS)• Rheumatoid Arthritis"

http://drberkson.com/index.html

I think yours is a better post though , its an easy read . I just wish I was not one of those with treatment related mutations lolLife should be easier. So should your homepage. Try the NEW AOL.com.

Well, regardless if you actually go to see him, using alternatives and diet can help your liver along until there is a treatment that will work on you. I am going to see him in February..............I guess it comes down to personal choice on how to treat, but if it comes down to your life and choosing to do nothing or choosing a treatment that might help then I'd certainly try that treatment.........but that's me..

Take care,

Chris

I have been reading about Dr Berkson and his ALA treatment . I have not yet reached a conclusion on weather or not I am going to try it or not . Life should be easier. So should your homepage. Try the NEW AOL.com.

I think yours is a better post though , its an easy read . I just wish I was not one of those with treatment related mutations lol

Hey Liz,

Yeah I saw some of them, maybe I missed this one - which is a good one as it can identify factors in a person who does not respond to treatment or re-treatment with protease inhibitors. Interesting.....

Chris

In a message dated 12/2/2008 12:31:24 P.M. Central Standard Time, elizabethnv1earthlink (DOT) net writes:

I posted some stuff on the Stat C also last week after the AASLD conference .

Life should be easier. So should your homepage. Try the NEW AOL.com.

I have been reading about Dr Berkson and his ALA treatment . I have not yet reached a conclusion on weather or not I am going to try it or not .

Well, Liz, bless your heart! You have been a true warrior in your battle with the dragon! you've thrown everything that traditional medicine has at it. Unfortunately, it really doesn't seem to work on some folks and you might be one of them.

Hopefully, one of the dna or genetic type treatments will be out in the not too far future ...and there is always Dr. Berkson and alternative measures and diet to keep your liver going until those treatments are here. There are a lot of folks who have done really well with alternatives...

Cheers,

Berkson info:

Dr. Berkson commonly sees patients with the following:• Cirrhosis• Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)• Diabetes mellitus• Hepatitis C• Lupus• Multiple Sclerosis (MS)• Rheumatoid Arthritis"

http://drberkson.com/index.html

In a message dated 12/2/2008 1:47:36 P.M. Central Standard Time, elizabethnv1earthlink (DOT) net writes:

I think yours is a better post though , its an easy read . I just wish I was not one of those with treatment related mutations lol

I see my hepatologist in a week and I am going to discuss it with him . There are suppliments that I have tried to take but because of my colitis it seems like everything makes my bowels bleed so I have to be real careful . I will never be allowed to do standard med's again , my body can no longer tolerate it at all but someday they will come out with something that I can take .

Well, regardless if you actually go to see him, using alternatives and diet can help your liver along until there is a treatment that will work on you. I am going to see him in February..............I guess it comes down to personal choice on how to treat, but if it comes down to your life and choosing to do nothing or choosing a treatment that might help then I'd certainly try that treatment.........but that's me..

Take care,

Chris

In a message dated 12/2/2008 3:21:34 P.M. Central Standard Time, elizabethnv1earthlink (DOT) net writes:

I have been reading about Dr Berkson and his ALA treatment . I have not yet reached a conclusion on weather or not I am going to try it or not .

Hi Liz,

He does a treatment IV as well as taking supplements. He will be doing a teaching seminar for doctors on his IV treatment in Las Vegas in Sept. He is around 70. You might be able to do periodic IV treatments if your stomach can't handle the supplements. Please take all Berkson's credentials with you, so your doctor will know he is not a kook. Berkson's treatment is directed at healing the liver and slowing the progression rather than killing the virus. It will be great if they someday find something that eradicates the virus--and it appears that some companies are working in that direction. All of us on the forum are concerned for your health. You are very important to us and give so freely of your time to get info to us.

Hugs, SuziQ

Quinn

In the swamp in secluded recesses, a shy and hidden bird is warbling a song. Walt Whitman

Subject: Re: Naturally occurring dominant resistance mutations t...To: Hepatitis_C_Central Date: Tuesday, December 2, 2008, 4:22 PM

I see my hepatologist in a week and I am going to discuss it with him . There are suppliments that I have tried to take but because of my colitis it seems like everything makes my bowels bleed so I have to be real careful . I will never be allowed to do standard med's again , my body can no longer tolerate it at all but someday they will come out with something that I can take .

Re: [Hepatitis_C_ Central] Naturally occurring dominant resistance mutations t...

Well, regardless if you actually go to see him, using alternatives and diet can help your liver along until there is a treatment that will work on you. I am going to see him in February.... ......... .I guess it comes down to personal choice on how to treat, but if it comes down to your life and choosing to do nothing or choosing a treatment that might help then I'd certainly try that treatment... ......but that's me..

Take care,

Chris

In a message dated 12/2/2008 3:21:34 P.M. Central Standard Time, elizabethnv1@ earthlink. net writes:

Thank you Suzi and I will be taking info with me . Please don't worry about me , I think I am gonna be one of those souls who lingers forever before finally giving up the ghost lmao . Chronic illness is what I am looking forward to , so I take each day as it comes .. and smile through it all .

Re: [Hepatitis_C_ Central] Naturally occurring dominant resistance mutations t...

Well, regardless if you actually go to see him, using alternatives and diet can help your liver along until there is a treatment that will work on you. I am going to see him in February.... ......... .I guess it comes down to personal choice on how to treat, but if it comes down to your life and choosing to do nothing or choosing a treatment that might help then I'd certainly try that treatment... ......but that's me..

Take care,

Chris

In a message dated 12/2/2008 3:21:34 P.M. Central Standard Time, elizabethnv1@ earthlink. net writes:

Let us know what your doc has to say Liz.. Maybe he will have heard of Dr. Berkson or can do a little research on what he is doing and see what his success rate is.. but in anycase, please let us know what you find out,, k?

hugs,

jax

Subject: Re: Naturally occurring dominant resistance mutations t...To: Hepatitis_C_Central Date: Tuesday, December 2, 2008, 2:22 PM

Take care,

Chris

I will sweety , oh and I just sent you an email regarding that off group email . I removed the person from the group , we have had enough stress .

Take care,

Chris

thank you, I got your email and I agree!

From: elizabethnv1 <elizabethnv1@ earthlink. net>Subject: Re: [Hepatitis_C_ Central] Naturally occurring dominant resistance mutations t...To: Hepatitis_C_ Central@yahoogro ups.comDate: Tuesday, December 2, 2008, 2:22 PM

Take care,

Chris

Jackie

I hope that I wasnt the one you removed. I know Im a little bit on the crazy side, but nothing I know of that I have said, was ever ment to creat discord or uncomfortableness in any member. I have enjoyed learning here, and have built some friendships with most members.

I try to do my part in giving support, and let those of you who know, give the advice. You told me humor is good, so I try to add that to my posts when I can.

I hope its not me.

love

don

From: elizabethnv1 <elizabethnv1@ earthlink. net>Subject: Re: [Hepatitis_C_ Central] Naturally occurring dominant resistance mutations t...To: Hepatitis_C_ Central@yahoogro ups.comDate: Tuesday, December 2, 2008, 2:22 PM

Take care,

Chris

Yes Don it was you <KIDDING> of course it wasn't you honey . It was another member who just kept an argument going for the sake of hearing his own voice and he called a couple of the owners some very nasty words . Normally if we have a problem we wil ask the member off group to stop and if that doesn't work we owner's have a pow wow and decide what to do .

Take care,

Chris

No Darlin, it wasnt you ,, and you've never done or said anything that would cause us to do that,, ok?

dont give it another thought,, we LOVE YOU!

Take care,

Chris

Thank you

I will try to do better.[ now what did I do with those little blue pills? Ah, found them.] lol

love

don in kansas

Take care,

Chris

Don you are a joy to have here now start passin out dem pills

Take care,

Chris

well Liz, you have tried so many times with standard tx,, this might really give you many more good years and who knows, it might help your liver to get well enough to actually do standard tx again...

we all love you here and want you to be successful! and what I DO KNOW about ALA is that it is totally safe! and who knows, it just might help!

Subject: Re: Naturally occurring dominant resistance mutations t...To: Hepatitis_C_Central Date: Tuesday, December 2, 2008, 12:31 PM

Hopefully, one of the dna or genetic type treatments will be out in the not too far future ...and there is always Dr. Berkson and alternative measures and diet to keep your liver going until those treatments are here. There are a lot of folks who have done really well with alternatives. ..

Cheers,

Berkson info:

http://drberkson. com/index. html

In a message dated 12/2/2008 1:47:36 P.M. Central Standard Time, elizabethnv1@ earthlink. net writes:

I am gonna ask Dr Gish what he thinks , he is usually up on suppliments and research stuff . He may be the one that talks my hubby into letting me go see him .

Hopefully, one of the dna or genetic type treatments will be out in the not too far future ...and there is always Dr. Berkson and alternative measures and diet to keep your liver going until those treatments are here. There are a lot of folks who have done really well with alternatives. ..

Cheers,

Berkson info:

In a message dated 12/2/2008 1:47:36 P.M. Central Standard Time, elizabethnv1@ earthlink. net writes:

that'd be great,, make sure you take all the info with you when you see Dr. Gish!

From: elizabethnv1 <elizabethnv1@ earthlink. net>Subject: Re: [Hepatitis_C_ Central] Naturally occurring dominant resistance mutations t...To: Hepatitis_C_ Central@yahoogro ups.comDate: Tuesday, December 2, 2008, 12:31 PM

Cheers,

Berkson info:

Trust me I am gonna go armed to the teeth with info lol

Cheers,

Berkson info:

Hi Liz,

You want I should send you pictures of Dr Berkson's patients smiling and talking while undergoing treatment ???? I got them from JoBean. Treatment consists of about an hour in the am and an hour in the pm getting an IV treatment. The room has several recliners and patients chat and tell their stories to each other. Actually, if you really want the low down, one of the forum members just got back from her treatment with him. If your hubby is worried about side effects--the only ones I have heard about are energy and feeling better--almost immediately.

Lots of hugs, SuziQ

Quinn

In the swamp in secluded recesses, a shy and hidden bird is warbling a song. Walt Whitman

From: elizabethnv1 <elizabethnv1@ earthlink. net>Subject: Re: [Hepatitis_C_ Central] Naturally occurring dominant resistance mutations t...To: Hepatitis_C_ Central@yahoogro ups.comDate: Tuesday, December 2, 2008, 12:31 PM

Cheers,

Berkson info:

No pic's necessary sweety but ty . I am going to print up from the link and info you sent me .

Cheers,

Berkson info:

wow, maybe I should go and see him,, my energy level is sub-believable,, non existant,,,,

Cheers,

Berkson info: