RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Genotypes...Vaccines... ALT's , AST's..THE GOOD the BAD and the

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Congrat's 2's are easiest to treat and you only treat half the time as us geno 1's !

Re: Genotypes...Vaccines... ALT's , AST's..THE GOOD the BAD and the

Hey Friends and Family, It's time for a check in. I came home today with a script for Pagasys and RibaPak, FINALLY! Have a referral to seek a patient advocate/case worker and start the pre-treatment counseling group at the pharmacy. Now all I have to do is find a manufacturer that will help defray the Rx costs - I just got let go from work and only have 11 weeks of unemploymnet left. I turned out to be GT 2b with a ALT of 22 and HCV of 3.85M. I'm actually looking forward to treatment at this point! My internist told me, "I've been doing this a long time and I can usually tell those who will do well and those who are going to have trouble, you fit into the first category" ... no previous or existing counter meds, no hiv, generally in good health for a 51 y/o save for a high blood pressure issue, good nutrition plan, good attitude, and walk 5-7 miles a day.

Let you know more ...

Mr. Mike

whooo hooo mr mike,, congrats hon and you will only have to treat for 24 weeks,, way to go hon,, you're really lucky,,

keep us updated!

hugs,

jax

Subject: Re: Genotypes...Vaccines... ALT's , AST's..THE GOOD the BAD and theTo: Hepatitis_C_Central Date: Monday, December 8, 2008, 9:33 PM

Hey Friends and Family, It's time for a check in. I came home today with a script for Pagasys and RibaPak, FINALLY! Have a referral to seek a patient advocate/case worker and start the pre-treatment counseling group at the pharmacy. Now all I have to do is find a manufacturer that will help defray the Rx costs - I just got let go from work and only have 11 weeks of unemploymnet left. I turned out to be GT 2b with a ALT of 22 and HCV of 3.85M. I'm actually looking forward to treatment at this point! My internist told me, "I've been doing this a long time and I can usually tell those who will do well and those who are going to have trouble, you fit into the first category" ... no previous or existing counter meds, no hiv, generally in good health for a 51 y/o save for a high blood pressure issue, good nutrition plan, good attitude, and walk 5-7 miles a day.

Let you know more ...

Mr. Mike Messages in this topic (1) Reply (via web post) | Start a new topic

Messages | Links | Calendar

whooo hooo mr mike,, congrats hon and you will only have to treat for 24 weeks,, way to go hon,, you're really lucky,,

keep us updated!

hugs,

jax

Subject: Re: Genotypes...Vaccines... ALT's , AST's..THE GOOD the BAD and theTo: Hepatitis_C_Central Date: Monday, December 8, 2008, 9:33 PM

Let you know more ...

Mr. Mike

There you are, Mr. Mike, Mr. San Diego himself,

had wondered where you had run off to!

"2", lucky you, I agree, you will make it through 6 months

and remain clear..You have what it takes and a great attitude,

good to see you posting..

Let you know more ...

Mr. Mike

Nice to hear from you Mr. Mike.

Good luck on your treatment hon.

LOve

Janet

"There are souls in this world that have the gift of finding joy everywhere and of leaving it behind them when they go"

Frederick Faber

To: Hepatitis_C_Central Sent: Monday, December 8, 2008 11:33:51 PMSubject: Re: Genotypes...Vaccines... ALT's , AST's..THE GOOD the BAD and the

Let you know more ...

Mr. Mike