RemedySpot.com

Re: Please Lend your support

Rate this topic

Guest guest

It starts small and then blooms and just keeps blooming over the yrs . But it takes the work of both parties involved in order for it to work

[Hepatitis_C_ Central] Please Lend your supportTo: Hepatitis_C_ Central@yahoogro ups.comDate: Monday, December 8, 2008, 4:17 PM

I have been dating a guy that has had hep c for 8 years. At first Ihad to read about the virus to learn more about him and what he wasgoing through. I love this man with my whole heart and soul and Idon't have a clue WHY! He's emotionally unavailable and has a veryshort fuse on some days. Is this the hep c talking to me? Some dayshe's my best friend and we joke and hug (never kiss he won't) he saysits due to bleeding gums, other days I just have to go home and crybecause he's so cold and shows no feeling to me at all or he's hurt myfeelings from being somehow verbally abusive. I don't even know ifthis man loves. My heart tells me he really does but his actions stateotherwise. He's very argumentative and sometimes you think "ok,someones elevator isn't quite going all the way up". My trouble is Iam not happy with him on most days hes so cold and never even hugs mehardly. I am willing to dedicate my life to this man even though hescrewed his own life up by injecting drugs into his arms and ended upwith this deadly virus but I will not be self centered and leave himbecause of something he isn't doing for me. He has full custody of hisson and he's really a wonderful guy when he isnt snapping or saying"dont start" because I want to know if he really loves or if imwasting my time. He did his treatments a few years ago and doesn't seea doc regular. He is very stubborn. Please help. I would reallyappreciate it.

Don if this person is verbally abusive then that is it ... there is no reason to verbally abuse another human being unless that person starts it .. And from all accounts it looks like she is really trying hard and is supportive of him .

[Hepatitis_C_ Central] Please Lend your supportTo: Hepatitis_C_ Central@yahoogro ups.comDate: Monday, December 8, 2008, 4:17 PM

I have been dating a guy that has had hep c for 8 years. At first Ihad to read about the virus to learn more about him and what he wasgoing through. I love this man with my whole heart and soul and Idon't have a clue WHY! He's emotionally unavailable and has a veryshort fuse on some days. Is this the hep c talking to me? Some dayshe's my best friend and we joke and hug (never kiss he won't) he saysits due to bleeding gums, other days I just have to go home and crybecause he's so cold and shows no feeling to me at all or he's hurt myfeelings from being somehow verbally abusive. I don't even know ifthis man loves. My heart tells me he really does but his actions stateotherwise. He's very argumentative and sometimes you think "ok,someones elevator isn't quite going all the way up". My trouble is Iam not happy with him on most days hes so cold and never even hugs mehardly. I am willing to dedicate my life to this man even though hescrewed his own life up by injecting drugs into his arms and ended upwith this deadly virus but I will not be self centered and leave himbecause of something he isn't doing for me. He has full custody of hisson and he's really a wonderful guy when he isnt snapping or saying"dont start" because I want to know if he really loves or if imwasting my time. He did his treatments a few years ago and doesn't seea doc regular. He is very stubborn. Please help. I would reallyappreciate it.

Thanks LIz for the support.. I've asked her for us to take this discussion off the forum so as not to upset the rest of the members. I feel that is best and from what I've heard, this poor lady is in a no win situation..

hugs

jax

From: littlevader1 <littlevader1@ yahoo.com>Subject: [Hepatitis_C_ Central] Please Lend your supportTo: Hepatitis_C_ Central@yahoogro ups.comDate: Monday, December 8, 2008, 4:17 PM

I have been dating a guy that has had hep c for 8 years. At first Ihad to read about the virus to learn more about him and what he wasgoing through. I love this man with my whole heart and soul and Idon't have a clue WHY! He's emotionally unavailable and has a veryshort fuse on some days. Is this the hep c talking to me? Some dayshe's my best friend and we joke and hug (never kiss he won't) he saysits due to bleeding gums, other days I just have to go home and crybecause he's so cold and shows no feeling to me at all or he's hurt myfeelings from being somehow verbally abusive. I don't even know ifthis man loves. My heart tells me he really does but his actions stateotherwise. He's very argumentative and sometimes you think "ok,someones elevator isn't quite going all the way up". My trouble is Iam not happy with him on most days hes so cold and never even hugs mehardly. I am willing to dedicate my

life to this man even though hescrewed his own life up by injecting drugs into his arms and ended upwith this deadly virus but I will not be self centered and leave himbecause of something he isn't doing for me. He has full custody of hisson and he's really a wonderful guy when he isnt snapping or saying"dont start" because I want to know if he really loves or if imwasting my time. He did his treatments a few years ago and doesn't seea doc regular. He is very stubborn. Please help. I would reallyappreciate

it.

Jackie

This was a highly charged topic, and we all got caught up in it. I just caught red flags from LV's first e-mail. Why would she come here, to complete strangers, to complain about her relationship? That he was doing thus and so, but what was she doing?

I dont get off on badrapping someone behind their back.

I devoted myself to my ex, 100%, and watched her turn 180 degrees on me when she found out I had hep c. Ive watched her turn the neighbors and my family against me by making up horrible things. Example. She went around telling everyone I wanted her to catch hep c too so we could f*ck, and not have to use a condom. A totally outragous lie, and there are still some who think its true.

I have met many in my life who arent satisfied no matter how much you give of yourself.

Thus my initial responce that you dont abandon the ones you say you love.

Had LV come here and said, 'he's beating the sh*t out of me daily', Id be dialing 911 myself.

She didnt. All she had was wah wah's, and I feel she was feeling some real things, but there was a whole lota pity party going on too.

Im not saying she is not a fine person in her own right, but maybe her boyfriend is too.

Highly charged subject.

I would like to see him come here and speak his mind, about his hep c, and how he feels, and what he thinks he is going thru. Then folks in this forum can advise him, and perhaps they both could grow, and leave the games behind.

My opinion. Im done.

love

don in kansas

From: littlevader1 <littlevader1@ yahoo.com>Subject: [Hepatitis_C_ Central] Please Lend your supportTo: Hepatitis_C_ Central@yahoogro ups.comDate: Monday, December 8, 2008, 4:17 PM

I have been dating a guy that has had hep c for 8 years. At first Ihad to read about the virus to learn more about him and what he wasgoing through. I love this man with my whole heart and soul and Idon't have a clue WHY! He's emotionally unavailable and has a veryshort fuse on some days. Is this the hep c talking to me? Some dayshe's my best friend and we joke and hug (never kiss he won't) he saysits due to bleeding gums, other days I just have to go home and crybecause he's so cold and shows no feeling to me at all or he's hurt myfeelings from being somehow verbally abusive. I don't even know ifthis man loves. My heart tells me he really does but his actions stateotherwise. He's very argumentative and sometimes you think "ok,someones elevator isn't quite going all the way up". My trouble is Iam not happy with him on most days hes so cold and never even hugs mehardly. I am willing to dedicate my

life to this man even though hescrewed his own life up by injecting drugs into his arms and ended upwith this deadly virus but I will not be self centered and leave himbecause of something he isn't doing for me. He has full custody of hisson and he's really a wonderful guy when he isnt snapping or saying"dont start" because I want to know if he really loves or if imwasting my time. He did his treatments a few years ago and doesn't seea doc regular. He is very stubborn. Please help. I would reallyappreciate

it.

Thnx's Jackie , it will go off list with private email ...

yep, I think that is better and anyone who wants to email her privately should do so also!

it.

Kim wrote:

Is Love a feeling or something that is planted and built over time?

Ah Kim,

That's such an easy question to answer!

Love is an emotion and something, if tended gently and regularly, that can grow more and more when planted.

Real true love is something unconditional. It's something that has no strings attached. It's wild and crazy and wonderful. It's beautiful and without negativity and can be completely magical. And it's as easy as taking a breath.

Once you have experienced unconditional love, no other type will be acceptable to you.

When you are together with your man, does he make you feel like you are the most special, important person in his world?? Do you feel like noone else exists when you're in his company?? Does he make you feel extraordinarily special when you're together? Are you on his mind when you're not together? Would he lay down his life for you? Do you feel like together you can conquer ANYTHING?? Would he stand by you at the exclusion of everything else, united against the world??

Or does he make you feel less than this??

Something to think about.....

Luv

anne

You don't have to be handicapped to be different.Everybody's different!Kim Peek

Re: Please Lend your support

Well said Jackie

Thank you for such a insightful email.

Love

Janet

"There are souls in this world that have the gift of finding joy everywhere and of leaving it behind them when they go"

Frederick Faber

To: Hepatitis_C_Central Sent: Monday, December 8, 2008 9:55:53 PMSubject: Re: Re: Please Lend your support

well hon, if he shows affection in public but not behind closed doors, its no wonder you crave his affection and attention. He's a grown man now and so I cannot understand why he would use his growing up deficits as a reason for treating you in an unloving way. You would think he'd be the opposite after enduring that...

I dont have any other answers, I sure wish I did, but I honestly gave you my opinion in my private email. I still stand to that.. people do not change, they just dont.. they are who they are and IF you can stay with him and KNOW that NOTHING will ever change, then ok,, just accept that you will be very lonely for most of your life. Whether he is handsome and can have any woman is not the issue hon.. He might be able to draw any woman but with the way he treats you, he would not be able to keep any woman, especially a confident woman would not tolerate this kind of treatment. My biggest concern is not for him, but for you and why you would settle for being lonely while being in a relationship. .

I sure hope things work out for you,, but please know that while hep c can change how a person lives their life, it certainly is not an excuse for treating someone as you have described being treated. there is no excuse for that..

Hope things work out hon.. I truely told you how I see it and well,, its up to you as to what you are willing to put up with.. You sound like such a great lady and I sure believe you deserved to be loved as much as you obviously want to love this man..

jax

Good question.

Now let me give you my answer.

Love is like a building. To have a strong love that last throughout the ages. You must have a strong foundation.

A building with a weak foundation will fall when things get rough.

Love is like that, built on a shaky foundation it will not last when the winds of trouble begin.

But if you put the right material in it, Like caring, consideration, hope,a open heart, a open mind. It will last a lifetime.

If I may, I am married to a wonderful man. Just about everyone here that has been here for sometime, has heard me talk about my

Dean. He is a wonderful man who is not only my husband but my best friend. We work on our marriage ever single day. It is not a 50/50 marriage. It is a 100/100 marriage. We are a team, it takes team work to make a marriage the best it can be.

You have to be able to take constructive advice from your mate.

Lets take tonight for instance. I worked today, and one of my co-work got sick and had to go home. I was working the front desk, and he was working the store. Well I ended up working both when they sent him home from work. I had to not only do that but close two banks(cash drawers). I deal with great sums of money. And it is mentally challenging to me to say the least counting all that money and making sure that I do it correctly and don't have a overage or shortage.

When we got home, I asked him to fix supper. He doesn't mind picking up the slack when I have had a rough day. Because he knows I will do the same for him, when his days are rough. His job is physically demanding. Mine is mentally demanding. Both tire you out.

A good marriage or relationship is build with good building blocks.

That is love, putting all the pieces together.

Love

Janet

"There are souls in this world that have the gift of finding joy everywhere and of leaving it behind them when they go"

Frederick Faber

To: Hepatitis_C_Central Sent: Monday, December 8, 2008 10:18:20 PMSubject: Re: Please Lend your support

Is Love a feeling or something that is planted and built over time?

it.

Now, you are treading on thin ice here Don.

We give all kinds of support here Don.

With this disease it can effect every part of our lives.

Work,children,husbands and friends.

If we can share our experiences maybe someone can use that in their lives.

And Jackie is not the one who called him a t*rd I did.

I am the list owner of this group, so make sure that when you are challenging one of my owner/moderators you direct the comments that I make to me, not to them.

Got it straight?

Janet

Frederick Faber

To: Hepatitis_C_Central Sent: Tuesday, December 9, 2008 12:58:53 AMSubject: Re: Please Lend your support

Jackie

Im sorry. I disagree with you.

Youve heard ONE side of the story, and your rushing off to judgement.

'This guy is a t*rd, leave him'.

Thats just plain wrong.

Id also like to say that I dont think that its this sites business to do marital support or advice.

I thought this site was about hep c support, learning, advice, sharing, etc.

Id like to hear what he has to say. How he see's things, before I make up my mind about advising such drastic measures.

Ive met ppl all my life who wah wah about stuff that isnt true.

Ask my ex. She will tell you nothing good about me, but I dont think Im such a bad person.

love

don in kansas

it.

hi Janet

Are we fighting?

Are you mad at me?

Im very confused now.

--->Several ppl here just told me to stop appologizing, that I had a right to my opinion.

Does 'thin ice/got it streight' mean Im going to be banned from this site?

Can I give a short defense first?

I did not accuse Jackie of calling LV's man a 't*rd and to leave him'.

I just said to say that, is wrong.

I have no problem with giving support of all kinds here, but I do have a problem with someone advising someone else to leave their spouce of 'years', unless there is proof that that spouce is doing something detrimental.

A one sided complaint is not 'Proof'.

Did LV's man give his 2 cents?

Relationships have problems. How can we fix them if we split everytime something gets rough?

I stand by my opinion that you dont throw away love, without good reason.

I already defered LV's problems to the rest of you whom might want to tackle it.

I said as much as I could of my opinion, not knowing all the facts, and backed off.

If you want me to appologize, ok, Im sorry. I was not aware I was offending anyone.

If you want me to go away.....ok. Your the boss.

Sorry I didnt fit in. I tried to.

love

don in kansas

[and no Im not being a smart ass. I just want one of my little blue pills, and to go to sleep. I dont deal well with heavyness.]

it.

Don honey,, LV has only been dating this guy for 7 MONTHS... he has known he had hep for 8 years but she's only been dating him on and off for 7 months,, thats not a long history and if he is treating her this badly this soon, its NOT going to get better,,

anyway,, maybe we can let this go,, off the forum from here on out,, if you want to discuss this issue with me or if anyone else does too, email me privately so that we can get back to discussing hep c and how it affects our lives..

deal?

hugs

jax

it.

thank you janet! If nothing else is true of me, you can count on my telling you what I think and how I see it,, and THAT you can take to the bank!

Subject: Re: Re: Please Lend your supportTo: Hepatitis_C_Central Date: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 4:02 PM

Well said Jackie

Thank you for such a insightful email.

Love

Janet

Frederick Faber

From: Jackie on <redjaxjmyahoo (DOT) com>To: Hepatitis_C_ Central@yahoogro ups.comSent: Monday, December 8, 2008 9:55:53 PMSubject: Re: [Hepatitis_C_ Central] Re: Please Lend your support

well hon, if he shows affection in public but not behind closed doors, its no wonder you crave his affection and attention. He's a grown man now and so I cannot understand why he would use his growing up deficits as a reason for treating you in an unloving way. You would think he'd be the opposite after enduring that...

I dont have any other answers, I sure wish I did, but I honestly gave you my opinion in my private email. I still stand to that.. people do not change, they just dont.. they are who they are and IF you can stay with him and KNOW that NOTHING will ever change, then ok,, just accept that you will be very lonely for most of your life. Whether he is handsome and can have any woman is not the issue hon.. He might be able to draw any woman but with the way he treats you, he would not be able to keep any woman, especially a confident woman would not tolerate this kind of treatment. My biggest concern is not for him, but for you and why you would settle for being lonely while being in a relationship. .

I sure hope things work out for you,, but please know that while hep c can change how a person lives their life, it certainly is not an excuse for treating someone as you have described being treated. there is no excuse for that..

Hope things work out hon.. I truely told you how I see it and well,, its up to you as to what you are willing to put up with.. You sound like such a great lady and I sure believe you deserved to be loved as much as you obviously want to love this man..

jax

Take this off forum to private email.

I should have. Now I ask you if you want to email me, then you can do so to my private email.

Janet

Frederick Faber

To: Hepatitis_C_Central Sent: Tuesday, December 9, 2008 7:42:44 PMSubject: Re: Please Lend your support

hi Janet

Are we fighting?

Are you mad at me?

Im very confused now.

--->Several ppl here just told me to stop appologizing, that I had a right to my opinion.

Does 'thin ice/got it streight' mean Im going to be banned from this site?

Can I give a short defense first?

I did not accuse Jackie of calling LV's man a 't*rd and to leave him'.

I just said to say that, is wrong.

I have no problem with giving support of all kinds here, but I do have a problem with someone advising someone else to leave their spouce of 'years', unless there is proof that that spouce is doing something detrimental.

A one sided complaint is not 'Proof'.

Did LV's man give his 2 cents?

Relationships have problems. How can we fix them if we split everytime something gets rough?

I stand by my opinion that you dont throw away love, without good reason.

I already defered LV's problems to the rest of you whom might want to tackle it.

I said as much as I could of my opinion, not knowing all the facts, and backed off.

If you want me to appologize, ok, Im sorry. I was not aware I was offending anyone.

If you want me to go away.....ok. Your the boss.

Sorry I didnt fit in. I tried to.

love

don in kansas

[and no Im not being a smart ass. I just want one of my little blue pills, and to go to sleep. I dont deal well with heavyness.]

it.