RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Questions for Anyone...

Rate this topic

Guest guest

you're very welcome hon,, I would most certainly ask your doc about the vaccines for the other forms of hep,, altho he 'may' want to wait until you finish tx as it may be overloading your system to do them while on tx. I had mine before I started.. > > From: pita54me

<pita54me@.. .>> Subject: [Hepatitis_C_ Central] Questions for Anyone...> To: Hepatitis_C_ Central@yahoogro ups.com> Date: Sunday, November 30, 2008, 9:00 PM> > > > > > > 1. Has anyone been vacinated for Hep B since being diagnosed with Hep > C ?> > 2. Did you decide to do treatment before, after or without having > terrible symptoms from the Hep C ?> > 3.Does anyone have vivid dreams EVERY night and think it's possibly > linked to the Hep C ?> > 4. Does anyone think or know whether they have had Hep C for longer > than 33 yrs. ?> > Thanks for any answers.>

I wasn't vaccinated because when I originally was infected with the non a non b I also contracted hepatitis a so no vaccine is needed for me now .

Questions for Anyone...> > > 1. Has anyone been vacinated for Hep B since being diagnosed with Hep > C ?> > 2. Did you decide to do treatment before, after or without having > terrible symptoms from the Hep C ?> > 3.Does anyone have vivid dreams EVERY night and think it's possibly > linked to the Hep C ?> > 4. Does anyone think or know whether they have had Hep C for longer > than 33 yrs. ?> > Thanks for any answers.>

well hon, not everyone can or should do treatment,, at least that is MY opinion .. Treatment is hard, its doable but it can be very hard and I BELIEVE that anyone should have their life in order before doing tx if they can because they will need massive support from family and friends. Yeah, I know that not everyone has the same hard time, some seem to breeze through it fairly easy but that is not the typical course of events. So no one really knows how they are going to do on tx until they actually do the treatment..

Do you have a lot of damage to your liver? There are things you can do to help minimize the

damage to your liver. But you gotta know what the status of your liver is before you can decide on tx or not. I have asked myself if I hadnt had the amount of damage I had if I would choose not to treat and I honestly cannot say. One day I would say yes, I would still treat and then the enxt day I say no, I wouldnt put myself or my family though this treatment had I not had significant damage to my liver. My quality of life is ruined, I spend most of the time in bed, I sleep 14-16 hours per day and never feel rested. I have continuous body and joint pain, I have no stamina, etc.. but I HAD to treat when I did because I was stage 3-4 with 'nodules wrapped in fibrous bands consistant with cirrhosis'. What choice did I have? I had only been married one year when I got my diagnosis. But I was very lucky in that I had the best spouse imaginable who took over everything and I Mean everything so that I could concentrate on my

treatment. HE bought me a watch with a timer on it and set it so that I would take my meds 12 hours apart, he also double checked with me daily to make sure I had taken them. He drove me to every single doc appt, every lab trip, everywhere.. He did all the shopping, cooking, cleaning, laundry etc, so all I had to do was to take care of my treatment. I was very lucky and had I been diagnosed just two years earlier, I would not have been able to complete treatment..

Anyway, we do support your decision not to treat.. and will try to help you stay as healthy as you possibly can. There are other alternative health care options that you can do that will help maintain your liver so it can do its best to fight off this virus but nothing alternative will kill the virus as treatment meds can...

hugs hon

jax>> you're very welcome hon,, I would most certainly ask your doc about the vaccines for the other forms of hep,, altho he 'may' want to wait until you finish tx as it may be overloading your system to do them while on tx. I had mine before I started.. > > > >> >>

Debbie,

Listen hon, ask for "CONSCIOUS SEDATION",, you will find that your biopsy is a piece of cake if you have that. I've had it done for several different procedures,, its great hon!

demand this kind of medication and it wont be so scary!

hugs

jax> > From: pita54me <pita54me@.. .>> Subject: [Hepatitis_C_ Central] Questions for Anyone...> To: Hepatitis_C_ Central@yahoogro ups.com> Date: Sunday, November 30, 2008, 11:00 PM> > > > > > > 1. Has anyone been vacinated for Hep B since being diagnosed with Hep > C ?> > 2. Did you decide to do treatment before, after or without having > terrible symptoms from the Hep C ?> > 3.Does anyone have vivid dreams EVERY night and think it's possibly > linked to the Hep C ?> > 4. Does anyone think or know whether they have had Hep C for longer > than 33 yrs. ?> > Thanks for any answers.>

That was the protocol at the hospital that I was at - didn't get tested for antibodies until a few months after the second vacc. But I thought that 2 doses were the norm? Might be different vaccines?

Chris

hey chris, why did you have to have two hep A vaccines? I only had one for hep A but two for hep B.. did you not convert with the first hep A vaccine? just wondering,,

hugs,

jaxLife should be easier. So should your homepage. Try the NEW AOL.com.

hey chris, why did you have to have two hep A vaccines? I only had one for hep A but two for hep B.. did you not convert with the first hep A vaccine? just wondering,,

hugs,

jax

Subject: Re: Questions for Anyone...To: Hepatitis_C_Central Date: Monday, December 1, 2008, 7:12 PM

Hi,I've either had it since 1971 or 1983, 25-38 years. I was diagnosed in 2002 and my biopsy in early 2003 showed only minimal inflammation - thankfully!I was vaccinated for A in a two shot series, 6 months apart. I had Hep B at some point but apparently cleared it, so I was not vaccinated for that.I chose not to do the combo treatment back then and have taken the holistic approach with supplements and nutrition. I am looking forward to the dna/genetic therapies that are on the horizon and hopefully will be out within 5 years.I don' thing dreams have anything to do with hep c but they can caused by many things. Poor sleep is common with many disorders.You might want to go ahead with the biopsy - it's the only way to find out the condition of your liver. I was a nervous wreck as well but after I was "consciously sedated", it was ok - don't really remember most of it -

later in the day, I was out feeding the alley cats, though I wasn't supposed to. It's not that big of a deal - just insist on somehting to calm you!Good luck,Chris>> 1. Has anyone been vacinated for Hep B since being diagnosed with Hep > C ?> > 2. Did you decide to do treatment before, after or without having > terrible symptoms from the Hep C ?> > 3.Does anyone have vivid dreams EVERY night and think it's possibly > linked to the Hep C ?> > 4. Does anyone think or know whether they have had Hep C for longer > than 33 yrs. ?> > Thanks for any answers.>

I also had a series with both, as did hubby..

Sheena

From: smalk50 <smalk50aol (DOT) com>Subject: [Hepatitis_C_ Central] Re: Questions for Anyone...To: Hepatitis_C_ Central@yahoogro ups.comDate: Monday, December 1, 2008, 7:12 PM

Hi,I've either had it since 1971 or 1983, 25-38 years. I was diagnosed in 2002 and my biopsy in early 2003 showed only minimal inflammation - thankfully!I was vaccinated for A in a two shot series, 6 months apart. I had Hep B at some point but apparently cleared it, so I was not vaccinated for that.I chose not to do the combo treatment back then and have taken the holistic approach with supplements and nutrition. I am looking forward to the dna/genetic therapies that are on the horizon and hopefully will be out within 5 years.I don' thing dreams have anything to do with hep c but they can caused by many things. Poor sleep is common with many disorders.You might want to go ahead with the biopsy - it's the only way to find out the condition of your liver. I was a nervous wreck as well but after I was "consciously sedated", it was ok - don't really remember most of it -

later in the day, I was out feeding the alley cats, though I wasn't supposed to. It's not that big of a deal - just insist on somehting to calm you!Good luck,Chris>> 1. Has anyone been vacinated for Hep B since being diagnosed with Hep > C ?> > 2. Did you decide to do treatment before, after or without having > terrible symptoms from the Hep C ?> > 3.Does anyone have vivid dreams EVERY night and think it's possibly > linked to the Hep C ?> > 4. Does anyone think or know whether they have had Hep C for longer > than 33 yrs. ?> > Thanks for any

answers.>

wow, they only gave me ONE hep a shot,, wonder why, now Ill have to ask my doc to recheck my titer and see if its high enough,,

From: smalk50 <smalk50aol (DOT) com>Subject: [Hepatitis_C_ Central] Re: Questions for Anyone...To: Hepatitis_C_ Central@yahoogro ups.comDate: Monday, December 1, 2008, 7:12 PM

later in the day, I was out feeding the alley cats, though I wasn't supposed to. It's not that big of a deal - just insist on somehting to calm you!Good luck,Chris>> 1. Has anyone been vacinated for Hep B since being diagnosed with Hep > C ?> > 2. Did you decide to do treatment before, after or without having > terrible symptoms from the Hep C ?> > 3.Does anyone have vivid dreams EVERY night and think it's possibly > linked to the Hep C ?> > 4. Does anyone think or know whether they have had Hep C for longer > than 33 yrs. ?> > Thanks for any

answers.>

NO, you guys are correct, I went and researched it and I KNOW I only received ONE dose so Im gonna ask my doc about it when I see her next time.. Hep A and B are given in two doses.. IM so glad that it was brought up so now I can check on it,,

hugs

jax

Subject: Re: Re: Questions for Anyone...To: Hepatitis_C_Central Date: Monday, December 1, 2008, 9:32 PM

That was the protocol at the hospital that I was at - didn't get tested for antibodies until a few months after the second vacc. But I thought that 2 doses were the norm? Might be different vaccines?

Chris

In a message dated 12/1/2008 11:20:35 P.M. Central Standard Time, redjaxjmyahoo (DOT) com writes:

hugs,

jax

Life should be easier. So should your homepage. Try the NEW AOL.com.

well someone messed up with my shot then,, I went and researched it and you guys are absolutely right, so I will check with my doc when I see her next month,, I guess Ill probably have to have both all over again since they only gave me one years ago,, before I started tx, actually I had it when I was working on the ambulance,,

answers.>