Does anyone else feel that way? When I have to have blood drawn it

makes me feel dirty in a way that's hard to explain. I guess because I

know my blood carries something so horrible and dangerous and the fact

that I probably got it from drug use doesn't help any. I ALWAYS tell

the lab person BE EXTRA CAREFUL I HAVE HEPATITIS C. They almost always

say " thank you, most people wouldn't tell me that " and I can't imagine

not letting that person know. When I nick myself at home it brings it

all back and just makes me feel dirty and scares me that I could infect

someone. EVERYONE in my family knows not to use any nail supplies etc.

and I keep mine hid from my grandkids so that they can only use their

own. Debbie2

Debbie

I personally think we have all felt that way.

I know I have.

I warn everyone Ive got hep c, and to be careful.

I dont want anyone else to get what Ive got.

The buck stops here, so to speak.

Its normal to feel this way, but your not dirty. Youve got an illness, that all.

love

don

Subject: I feel DIRTY ....To: Hepatitis_C_Central Date: Monday, December 8, 2008, 11:06 AM

Does anyone else feel that way? When I have to have blood drawn it makes me feel dirty in a way that's hard to explain. I guess because I know my blood carries something so horrible and dangerous and the fact that I probably got it from drug use doesn't help any. I ALWAYS tell the lab person BE EXTRA CAREFUL I HAVE HEPATITIS C. They almost always say " thank you, most people wouldn't tell me that" and I can't imagine not letting that person know. When I nick myself at home it brings it all back and just makes me feel dirty and scares me that I could infect someone. EVERYONE in my family knows not to use any nail supplies etc. and I keep mine hid from my grandkids so that they can only use their own. Debbie2

i was honest with my family, for me i think the word cirrohsis was more scary than anything , i regret that cause of my hep c sideeffects that it was 1 of the reasons i couldno longer care for my disblaed /eldery dad who died 1 month ago, ifeel bad that i used my illness as 1 of the ways that he go into a nursing home but then again i couldnt push my body anymore to get up at 2am and 3 am to lift him out of the bed and attend to his needs, everyone in my family was understanding, i was the one at first who felt like i was a dirty diease but i wasnt :WE ARENT" Christ wrote: Debbie I personally think we have all felt that way. I know I have. I warn everyone Ive got hep c, and to be careful. I dont want anyone else to get what Ive got. The buck stops here, so to speak. Its normal to feel this way, but your not dirty. Youve got an illness, that all. love don From: pita54me <pita54me>Subject: I feel DIRTY ....To: Hepatitis_C_Central Date: Monday, December 8, 2008, 11:06 AM Does

anyone else feel that way? When I have to have blood drawn it makes me feel dirty in a way that's hard to explain. I guess because I know my blood carries something so horrible and dangerous and the fact that I probably got it from drug use doesn't help any. I ALWAYS tell the lab person BE EXTRA CAREFUL I HAVE HEPATITIS C. They almost always say " thank you, most people wouldn't tell me that" and I can't imagine not letting that person know. When I nick myself at home it brings it all back and just makes me feel dirty and scares me that I could infect someone. EVERYONE in my family knows not to use any nail supplies etc. and I keep mine hid from my grandkids so that they can only use their own. Debbie2

Debbie

Everyone here will tell you that when I first came here, those were my exact words, 'I feel dirty'.

My lady even reinforced it by leaving me.

But, my family is comming around to accepting that I have a terrible illness, not filth.

It takes time for those who do not have hep c to realize what its all about.

It take time for those of us who DO have hep c to realize what its all about.

Your having a rough day today.

Take a deep breath, and know that God loves you too.

I have a friend who I love and care for very much.

Her name is Debbie.

love

don in kansas

From: pita54me <pita54meyahoo (DOT) com>Subject: [Hepatitis_C_ Central] I feel DIRTY ....To: Hepatitis_C_ Central@yahoogro ups.comDate: Monday, December 8, 2008, 11:06 AM

Does anyone else feel that way? When I have to have blood drawn it makes me feel dirty in a way that's hard to explain. I guess because I know my blood carries something so horrible and dangerous and the fact that I probably got it from drug use doesn't help any. I ALWAYS tell the lab person BE EXTRA CAREFUL I HAVE HEPATITIS C. They almost always say " thank you, most people wouldn't tell me that" and I can't imagine not letting that person know. When I nick myself at home it brings it all back and just makes me feel dirty and scares me that I could infect someone. EVERYONE in my family knows not to use any nail supplies etc. and I keep mine hid from my grandkids so that they can only use their own. Debbie2

Hey Debbie

I know how you feel. I use to get a bloody nose that wouldn't stop, a

few times a day. With my ascites I felt like all these little viruses

were having a party in me and trying to escape. d around

kleenex, clorex wipes, spray and plastic bags for cleanup and

disposal. d the contaminated stuff home to dispose of.

Contaminated from me! But I am not bleeding around anymore. Worrying

about it is alot of headache and stress which we don't need but you do

need to practice good hygiene and preventative measures. Noticed you

signed Debbie2. Long story but we had a horse Cruser and lost him but

another Cruiser came into our family. So we call him Cruiser2. I'd

rather not be Debbie1. lol. I'll use my last initial if that was the

reason.

Have a good day,

Debbie L.

i know you do jackie, the holidays are so hard, but yr absolutely right,,,, Jackie on wrote: Joyceann hon YOU DID what YOU HAD to do and anyone who doesnt understand that,, well too bad! You took care of your father for a lot longer than you should have.. you were sick and you needed to take care of YOU.. remember your father's life was nearly over and you still have lots of years left.. dont ever feel

that you didnt do the right thing.. dont ever look back and never have regrets,, you and your father made peace before he passed just as my father and I did.. I KNOW where you are on this hon,, I KNOW... hugs jax From: pita54me <pita54meyahoo (DOT) com>Subject: [Hepatitis_C_ Central] I feel DIRTY ....To: Hepatitis_C_ Central@yahoogro ups.comDate: Monday, December 8, 2008, 11:06 AM Does anyone else feel that way? When I have to have blood drawn it makes me feel dirty in a way that's hard to explain. I guess because I know my blood carries something so horrible and dangerous and the fact that I probably got it from drug use doesn't help any. I ALWAYS tell the lab person BE EXTRA CAREFUL I HAVE HEPATITIS C. They almost always say " thank you, most people wouldn't tell me that" and I can't imagine not letting that person know. When I nick myself at home it brings it all back and just makes me feel dirty and scares me that I could infect someone. EVERYONE in my family knows not to use any nail

supplies etc. and I keep mine hid from my grandkids so that they can only use their own. Debbie2

I know they are honey,, and this christmas will be the most difficult as its the first one without your father.. this will be my second.. Last year at this time of year, our hospice has a tree of life they celebrate by lighting candles for everyone that hospice helped and we purchased two candles , one for my brother who died in 2001 and one for my father and so last year, we said a prayer for them both and lit their candles for the day.. this year we will light them again as a way of 'remembering' them and imagining that they are able to see that we still remember them.. That helped me last year and I know it will help this year again..

Try to find some way to remember them that helps YOU... Your daddy is in heaven and is well again and probably looking down and wishing you were not having such a hard time with this as he's happy where he is and would not wish to come back to this earth with his hurting body again...

love ya

jackie

From: pita54me <pita54meyahoo (DOT) com>Subject: [Hepatitis_C_ Central] I feel DIRTY ....To: Hepatitis_C_ Central@yahoogro ups.comDate: Monday, December 8, 2008, 11:06 AM

Don't know if I feel dirty or not. But I do feel sad.

I used to give blood regularly. It is something that I can't do anymore. I too tell the lab techs to be careful and wear gloves, I suggest them to double glove.

Most are like your lab techs, grateful for the heads up.

One lab tech refused to wear gloves, because she said she couldn't feel the veins with gloves on. I told her she wasn't drawing my blood then. I asked for another lab tech.

The other lab tech was very nice, she said " you are only protecting us, by asking us to wear gloves. And the double gloves is a great idea.

Love

Janet

"There are souls in this world that have the gift of finding joy everywhere and of leaving it behind them when they go"

Frederick Faber

To: Hepatitis_C_Central Sent: Monday, December 8, 2008 11:06:25 AMSubject: I feel DIRTY ....

Thank you.. educating others is probably the most important thing we can do FOR THEM..

now addiction is a topic that Im not going to address here other than to say that it is not something that a person will be tied to for life, like this virus is.. Once a person is clean and sober,, they have to make a decision to start it back up again.. and they DONT have to make that choice..

ok off my soapbox again, lol,,

From: pita54me <pita54meyahoo (DOT) com>Subject: [Hepatitis_C_ Central] I feel DIRTY ....To: Hepatitis_C_ Central@yahoogro ups.comDate: Monday, December 8, 2008, 9:06 AM

everyone's blood has 'something' in it that will affect someone.. honestly, its not poison, but we must be very careful about our blood. Everyone 'should' be careful about everyone's blood.. remember, most ppl who have even this virus dont even know it yet...

careful is the word,, obscessed is not.. lol,,

Subject: Re: I feel DIRTY ....To: Hepatitis_C_Central Date: Monday, December 8, 2008, 3:28 PM

I wouldn't say "dirty" but i do see my blood as poison.

Thats right Janet,, but most techs simply remind us that the needle will go through double gloves just as easily as a single glove.. but I'd not let anyone draw my blood without gloves as you dont know what the previous person 'might' have had that she could spread TO YOU too.. My father had a nurse at his doc who refused to use gloves when she drew his blood and it used to make me angry and I'd tell her about it too.. she gave me the same excuse of not being able to feel the vein,, well I say she's not a good tech then because just as a paramedic, we had to know the anatomy of where the veins were,, I mean, if we had a trauma patient who was bloody and we were in the dark etc, we had to know where the veins were.. Im surprised that the lab would keep her on as she was putting the lab at great risk too!

Subject: Re: I feel DIRTY ....To: Hepatitis_C_Central Date: Monday, December 8, 2008, 3:12 PM

Don't know if I feel dirty or not. But I do feel sad.

I used to give blood regularly. It is something that I can't do anymore. I too tell the lab techs to be careful and wear gloves, I suggest them to double glove.

Most are like your lab techs, grateful for the heads up.

One lab tech refused to wear gloves, because she said she couldn't feel the veins with gloves on. I told her she wasn't drawing my blood then. I asked for another lab tech.

The other lab tech was very nice, she said " you are only protecting us, by asking us to wear gloves. And the double gloves is a great idea.

Love

Janet

"There are souls in this world that have the gift of finding joy everywhere and of leaving it behind them when they go"

Frederick Faber

From: pita54me <pita54meyahoo (DOT) com>To: Hepatitis_C_ Central@yahoogro ups.comSent: Monday, December 8, 2008 11:06:25 AMSubject: [Hepatitis_C_ Central] I feel DIRTY ....

It was through giving blood and wanting to be a bone marrow donor that I found

out I had hep c. That really made me sad because I had visions of hoping to

help give some one a better quality of life. Guess my mission is to educate on

my children's disability and supporting individuals and families living with

this virus. I'd love to write a book for children to help them understand what

their family is going through and what an awesome role and support they can be.

And talk about fear, ours and theirs. Maybe someday.

Amber

- I feel DIRTY ....

Does anyone else feel that way? When I have to have blood drawn it

makes me feel dirty in a way that's hard to explain. I guess because I

know my blood carries something so horrible and dangerous and the fact

that I probably got it from drug use doesn't help any. I ALWAYS tell

the lab person BE EXTRA CAREFUL I HAVE HEPATITIS C. They almost always

say " thank you, most people wouldn't tell me that " and I can't imagine

not letting that person know. When I nick myself at home it brings it

all back and just makes me feel dirty and scares me that I could infect

someone. EVERYONE in my family knows not to use any nail supplies etc.

and I keep mine hid from my grandkids so that they can only use their

own. Debbie2

Sent via BlackBerry by AT & T

I don't feel dirty but maybe that is because I was diagnosed over 20 yrs ago , my family has never used any of my toiletries .

I feel DIRTY ....

Rita

To: Hepatitis_C_Central Sent: Monday, December 8, 2008 12:06:25 PMSubject: I feel DIRTY ....

sorry I don't know why that came through blank. I made the comment to my family the other day that my blood was deadly. We were joking about something and I don't even remember what now. But my sister looked at me real strange and said she didn't even think about that. I said well... it is true. She hugged me. Almost made me cry. Rita

To: Hepatitis_C_Central Sent: Monday, December 8, 2008 8:50:48 PMSubject: Re: I feel DIRTY ....

Rita

From: pita54me <pita54meyahoo (DOT) com>To: Hepatitis_C_ Central@yahoogro ups.comSent: Monday, December 8, 2008 12:06:25 PMSubject: [Hepatitis_C_ Central] I feel DIRTY ....

Debbie, it took me a second to figure the Debbie thing out but now I

get it so you can be Debbie.We certainly don't want a DEBBIE1 on our

hands. I'll be Deb since that's what family & friends call me anyway.

Eeww, I've only had 1 nosebleed when I was a kid so that had to be

rough on you. I'm extra careful when I get any kind of nick or scratch

especially since I'm raising 2 children who are always getting a boo-

boo somewhere...Deb

>

> Hey Debbie

> I know how you feel. I use to get a bloody nose that wouldn't stop,

a

> few times a day.

>