RemedySpot.com

Re: Did Anyone Else Know What the A-B-C of your genotype means?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Thanks, Debbie, I hadn't seen this before, wondering what

no letter denotes. I called my doctor and the lab (Quest) directly

back in 2006 when my Geneotype came back simply as "1",

no letter with it. I never did get an explanation of that..

Subject: Did Anyone Else Know What the A-B-C of your genotype means?To: Hepatitis_C_Central Date: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 7:48 AM

I didn't know at all and just now was able to find out.TABLE 3 Grading Liver Function Using the Child-Turcotte Class as Modified by Pugh* ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -----------Points ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -----------Feature ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -----------0 ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -----------1 ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -----------2 ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -----------Albumin More than 3.5 g per dL (35 g per L) 2.8 to 3.5 g per dL (28 to 35 g per L) Less than 2.8 g per dL (28 g per L) Bilirubin Less than 2 mg per dL (34 µmol per L) 2 to 3 mg per dL (34 to 51 µmol per L) More than 3 mg per dL Prolongation of

prothrombin time Less than 4 seconds 4 to 6 seconds More than 6 seconds Ascites None Controlled Refractory Encephalopathy None Controlled Refractory ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -----------*--The Child-Turcotte class, as modified by Pugh, often known simply as the "Child class," is calculated by adding the points as determined by the patient's laboratory results: class A=0 to 1; class B=2 to 4; class C=5 and higher. The classes indicate severity of liver dysfunction: class A is associated with a good prognosis, and class C is associated with limited life expectancy. Ascites and encephalopathy are graded as "none," "controlled with routine medical therapy" or "refractory to medical therapy." Adapted with permission from Pugh RN, Murray-Lyon IM, Dawson JL, Pietroni MC, R. Transection of the oesophagus for bleeding oesophageal varices. Br

J Surg 1973;60:646- 9. Grading Liver Function

-Sheena, I'm just guessing but maybe it means that you're even BETTER

off! With no letter it could be that the correlating lab numbers were

even lower? I checked my recent numbers against what this site said

and they added up.SO, maybe you scored an A+ and they didn't want the

rest of us Heppers to feel bad....Deb-- In

Hepatitis_C_Central , Sheena

wrote:

>

> Thanks, Debbie, I hadn't seen this before, wondering what

> no letter denotes. I called my doctor and the lab (Quest) directly

> back in 2006 when my Geneotype came back simply as " 1 " ,

> no letter with it. I never did get an explanation of that..

>  

>  

>  

>

>

>

>

>

> Subject: Did Anyone Else Know What the A-B-C

of your genotype means?

> To: Hepatitis_C_Central

> Date: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 7:48 AM

>

>

>

>

>

>

> I didn't know at all and just now was able to find out.TABLE 3

> Grading Liver Function Using the Child-Turcotte Class as Modified

by

> Pugh*

> ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -

> ----------

>

> Points

> ----------

>

> Feature

> ----------

> 0

> ----------

> 1

> ----------

> 2

> ----------

>

> Albumin More than 3.5 g per dL (35 g per L) 2.8 to 3.5 g per dL (28

> to 35 g per L) Less than 2.8 g per dL (28 g per L)

> Bilirubin Less than 2 mg per dL (34 µmol per L) 2 to 3 mg per dL

> (34 to 51 µmol per L) More than 3 mg per dL

> Prolongation of prothrombin time Less than 4 seconds 4 to 6 seconds

> More than 6 seconds

> Ascites None Controlled Refractory

> Encephalopathy None Controlled Refractory

>

> ----------

>

> *--The Child-Turcotte class, as modified by Pugh, often known

simply

> as the " Child class, " is calculated by adding the points as

> determined by the patient's laboratory results: class A=0 to 1;

class

> B=2 to 4; class C=5 and higher. The classes indicate severity of

> liver dysfunction: class A is associated with a good prognosis, and

> class C is associated with limited life expectancy. Ascites and

> encephalopathy are graded as " none, " " controlled with routine

medical

> therapy " or " refractory to medical therapy. "

>

> Adapted with permission from Pugh RN, Murray-Lyon IM, Dawson JL,

> Pietroni MC, R. Transection of the oesophagus for bleeding

> oesophageal varices. Br J Surg 1973;60:646- 9.

>

>

>

>

> Grading Liver Function

>

Wouldn't that be super, but I have found nothing in research indicating

what the lack of a letter might mean, and my doctors at the time

were even more clueless than I was.. :-0

Sheena

> > From:

pita54me <pita54me@.. .>> Subject: [Hepatitis_C_ Central] Did Anyone Else Know What the A-B-C of your genotype means?> To: Hepatitis_C_ Central@yahoogro ups.com> Date: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 7:48 AM> > > > > > > I didn't know at all and just now was able to find out.TABLE 3 > Grading Liver Function Using the Child-Turcotte Class as Modified by > Pugh* > ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -> ----------> > Points > ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -> ----------> > Feature > ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -> ----------> 0 > ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- ->

----------> 1 > ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -> ----------> 2 > ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -> ----------> > Albumin More than 3.5 g per dL (35 g per L) 2.8 to 3.5 g per dL (28 > to 35 g per L) Less than 2.8 g per dL (28 g per L) > Bilirubin Less than 2 mg per dL (34 µmol per L) 2 to 3 mg per dL > (34 to 51 µmol per L) More than 3 mg per dL > Prolongation of prothrombin time Less than 4 seconds 4 to 6 seconds > More than 6 seconds > Ascites None Controlled Refractory > Encephalopathy None Controlled Refractory > > ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -> ----------> > *--The Child-Turcotte class, as modified by Pugh, often known simply > as the "Child class," is calculated by adding the points as >

determined by the patient's laboratory results: class A=0 to 1; class > B=2 to 4; class C=5 and higher. The classes indicate severity of > liver dysfunction: class A is associated with a good prognosis, and > class C is associated with limited life expectancy. Ascites and > encephalopathy are graded as "none," "controlled with routine medical > therapy" or "refractory to medical therapy." > > Adapted with permission from Pugh RN, Murray-Lyon IM, Dawson JL, > Pietroni MC, R. Transection of the oesophagus for bleeding > oesophageal varices. Br J Surg 1973;60:646- 9. > > > > > Grading Liver Function>

I don't believe that this table is for genotyping , I think this is the chart for staging of cirrhosis . Genotyping like a, b, c,d, e , etc are made on the region it is most prevolent in . Like Hepatitis C genotype h is found in Egypt , d is in European countries etc

Did Anyone Else Know What the A-B-C of your genotype means?

I didn't know at all and just now was able to find out.TABLE 3 Grading Liver Function Using the Child-Turcotte Class as Modified by Pugh* --------------------------------------------------------------------Points --------------------------------------------------------------------Feature --------------------------------------------------------------------0 --------------------------------------------------------------------1 --------------------------------------------------------------------2 --------------------------------------------------------------------Albumin More than 3.5 g per dL (35 g per L) 2.8 to 3.5 g per dL (28 to 35 g per L) Less than 2.8 g per dL (28 g per L) Bilirubin Less than 2 mg per dL (34 µmol per L) 2 to 3 mg per dL (34 to 51 µmol per L) More than 3 mg per dL Prolongation of prothrombin time Less than 4 seconds 4 to 6 seconds More than 6 seconds Ascites None Controlled Refractory Encephalopathy None Controlled Refractory --------------------------------------------------------------------*--The Child-Turcotte class, as modified by Pugh, often known simply as the "Child class," is calculated by adding the points as determined by the patient's laboratory results: class A=0 to 1; class B=2 to 4; class C=5 and higher. The classes indicate severity of liver dysfunction: class A is associated with a good prognosis, and class C is associated with limited life expectancy. Ascites and encephalopathy are graded as "none," "controlled with routine medical therapy" or "refractory to medical therapy." Adapted with permission from Pugh RN, Murray-Lyon IM, Dawson JL, Pietroni MC, R. Transection of the oesophagus for bleeding oesophageal varices. Br J Surg 1973;60:646-9. Grading Liver Function

The numbers are quasi species of the genotype

Did Anyone Else Know What the A-B-C of your genotype means?To: Hepatitis_C_Central Date: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 7:48 AM

I didn't know at all and just now was able to find out.TABLE 3 Grading Liver Function Using the Child-Turcotte Class as Modified by Pugh* ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -----------Points ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -----------Feature ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -----------0 ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -----------1 ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -----------2 ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -----------Albumin More than 3.5 g per dL (35 g per L) 2.8 to 3.5 g per dL (28 to 35 g per L) Less than 2.8 g per dL (28 g per L) Bilirubin Less than 2 mg per dL (34 µmol per L) 2 to 3 mg per dL (34 to 51 µmol per L) More than 3 mg per dL Prolongation of prothrombin time Less than 4 seconds 4 to 6 seconds More than 6 seconds Ascites None Controlled Refractory Encephalopathy None Controlled Refractory ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -----------*--The Child-Turcotte class, as modified by Pugh, often known simply as the "Child class," is calculated by adding the points as determined by the patient's laboratory results: class A=0 to 1; class B=2 to 4; class C=5 and higher. The classes indicate severity of liver dysfunction: class A is associated with a good prognosis, and class C is associated with limited life expectancy. Ascites and encephalopathy are graded as "none," "controlled with routine medical therapy" or "refractory to medical therapy." Adapted with permission from Pugh RN, Murray-Lyon IM, Dawson JL, Pietroni MC, R. Transection of the oesophagus for bleeding oesophageal varices. Br J Surg 1973;60:646- 9. Grading Liver Function

If you are referring to the letters, then nothing posted before or since

explained why I have none, lol.. I have been asking this question

on occasion for the past 2 years..

From: pita54me <pita54meyahoo (DOT) com>Subject: [Hepatitis_C_ Central] Did Anyone Else Know What the A-B-C of your genotype means?To: Hepatitis_C_ Central@yahoogro ups.comDate: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 7:48 AM

I didn't know at all and just now was able to find out.TABLE 3 Grading Liver Function Using the Child-Turcotte Class as Modified by Pugh* ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -----------Points ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -----------Feature ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -----------0 ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -----------1 ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -----------2 ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -----------Albumin More than 3.5 g per dL (35 g per L) 2.8 to 3.5 g per dL (28 to 35 g per L) Less than 2.8 g per dL (28 g per L) Bilirubin Less than 2 mg per dL (34 µmol per L) 2 to 3 mg per dL (34 to 51 µmol per L) More than 3 mg per dL Prolongation of

prothrombin time Less than 4 seconds 4 to 6 seconds More than 6 seconds Ascites None Controlled Refractory Encephalopathy None Controlled Refractory ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -----------*--The Child-Turcotte class, as modified by Pugh, often known simply as the "Child class," is calculated by adding the points as determined by the patient's laboratory results: class A=0 to 1; class B=2 to 4; class C=5 and higher. The classes indicate severity of liver dysfunction: class A is associated with a good prognosis, and class C is associated with limited life expectancy. Ascites and encephalopathy are graded as "none," "controlled with routine medical therapy" or "refractory to medical therapy." Adapted with permission from Pugh RN, Murray-Lyon IM, Dawson JL, Pietroni MC, R. Transection of the oesophagus for bleeding oesophageal varices. Br

seriously sheena, is it possible that the blood sample didnt have enough to enable them to qualify it as a or b? I would have the test redrawn the next time you have any lab work done and see if they can come up with it this time..

my doc said that geno 1b is the worst and hardest to treat but 1a is also harder to treat than geno 2..

I'd want to know myself,, I remember almost sighing when I heard I was 1a and not 1b after all I'd read..lol..

love ya sistah!

jax> > From:

pita54me <pita54me@.. .>> Subject: [Hepatitis_C_ Central] Did Anyone Else Know What the A-B-C of your genotype means?> To: Hepatitis_C_ Central@yahoogro ups.com> Date: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 7:48 AM> > > > > > > I didn't know at all and just now was able to find out.TABLE 3 > Grading Liver Function Using the Child-Turcotte Class as Modified by > Pugh* > ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -> ----------> > Points > ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -> ----------> > Feature > ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -> ----------> 0 > ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- ->

----------> 1 > ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -> ----------> 2 > ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -> ----------> > Albumin More than 3.5 g per dL (35 g per L) 2.8 to 3.5 g per dL (28 > to 35 g per L) Less than 2.8 g per dL (28 g per L) > Bilirubin Less than 2 mg per dL (34 µmol per L) 2 to 3 mg per dL > (34 to 51 µmol per L) More than 3 mg per dL > Prolongation of prothrombin time Less than 4 seconds 4 to 6 seconds > More than 6 seconds > Ascites None Controlled Refractory > Encephalopathy None Controlled Refractory > > ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -> ----------> > *--The Child-Turcotte class, as modified by Pugh, often known simply > as the "Child class," is calculated by adding the points as >

determined by the patient's laboratory results: class A=0 to 1; class > B=2 to 4; class C=5 and higher. The classes indicate severity of > liver dysfunction: class A is associated with a good prognosis, and > class C is associated with limited life expectancy. Ascites and > encephalopathy are graded as "none," "controlled with routine medical > therapy" or "refractory to medical therapy." > > Adapted with permission from Pugh RN, Murray-Lyon IM, Dawson JL, > Pietroni MC, R. Transection of the oesophagus for bleeding > oesophageal varices. Br J Surg 1973;60:646- 9. > > > > > Grading Liver Function>

You probably have either one or the other the doctors sometimes just don't tell us everything . Call your doc and ask to be sure

[Hepatitis_C_ Central] Did Anyone Else Know What the A-B-C of your genotype means?To: Hepatitis_C_ Central@yahoogro ups.comDate: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 7:48 AM

I didn't know at all and just now was able to find out.TABLE 3 Grading Liver Function Using the Child-Turcotte Class as Modified by Pugh* ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -----------Points ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -----------Feature ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -----------0 ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -----------1 ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -----------2 ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -----------Albumin More than 3.5 g per dL (35 g per L) 2.8 to 3.5 g per dL (28 to 35 g per L) Less than 2.8 g per dL (28 g per L) Bilirubin Less than 2 mg per dL (34 µmol per L) 2 to 3 mg per dL (34 to 51 µmol per L) More than 3 mg per dL Prolongation of prothrombin time Less than 4 seconds 4 to 6 seconds More than 6 seconds Ascites None Controlled Refractory Encephalopathy None Controlled Refractory ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -----------*--The Child-Turcotte class, as modified by Pugh, often known simply as the "Child class," is calculated by adding the points as determined by the patient's laboratory results: class A=0 to 1; class B=2 to 4; class C=5 and higher. The classes indicate severity of liver dysfunction: class A is associated with a good prognosis, and class C is associated with limited life expectancy. Ascites and encephalopathy are graded as "none," "controlled with routine medical therapy" or "refractory to medical therapy." Adapted with permission from Pugh RN, Murray-Lyon IM, Dawson JL, Pietroni MC, R. Transection of the oesophagus for bleeding oesophageal varices. Br J Surg 1973;60:646- 9. Grading Liver Function

As I've said for the past 2 years, the doctors were clueless

and had me call the lab directly. Lab (Quest) said it was

correct but could give no reasonable explanation, or point

me to where I could read it for myself. What is..

From time to time I ask again, just in case someone has

an answer..

From: pita54me <pita54meyahoo (DOT) com>Subject: [Hepatitis_C_ Central] Did Anyone Else Know What the A-B-C of your genotype means?To: Hepatitis_C_ Central@yahoogro ups.comDate: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 7:48 AM

I may be retested someday. They did recently rerun viral load,

but not Geneotype. Oh, well..> > From:

I see Dr Gish on Tuesday next week , remind me and I will ask him about it ..

[Hepatitis_C_ Central] Did Anyone Else Know What the A-B-C of your genotype means?To: Hepatitis_C_ Central@yahoogro ups.comDate: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 7:48 AM