RemedySpot.com

Re: MY PANIC ATTACK

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Don honey , I think I would rather take treatment again than go through what you went through .

MY PANIC ATTACK

Tuesday afternoon, Becky, my mental caseworker took me to the ER. I had been laying in bed unable to breathe, eat, wash, anything for a week.

I had forgotten my headmeds. I was in bad brain fog.

I went to the ER and had to sit in the waiting room for an hour and a half.

Then it began to get dark even tho the lights were all on.

People were walking back and forth, the sliding ent door kept opening and closing, and the muted talking got louder and louder, comming in waves.

I began to shake. I held my hands over my ears, and closed my eyes, and rocked.

Becky saw me in this distress and was trying to talk to me, but she seemed a mile away, and I couldnt make out what she was saying. Once I heard her say, 'don, talk to me'.

Next thing I remember I headed for the outside door, went out and collasped next to the trash can, and held it like I would hold my mother.

Becky kept telling me it was ok, and to come back inside where it was warmer. I began to cry, and told her I just wanted to go home, and get in my bed, under my pillow.

It was like a tital wave of darkness smothering me.

They finally got me back inside and took my heart rate. 174. Is that high?

I remember someone saying I was having a true panic attack.

They gave me a Ativan, and I rocked and cried until it hit.

Im 57. I feel so embarrassed.

I hate it when that happens. Its like hell closing in on me. Or a bad LSD trip.

Im so afraid of treatment. It doesnt sound all that bad when you all talk about it. A little flu, headache, la te da, for a day.

Some of you even seem to be having fun, 'lets do this together'. Like going to Disneyland.

Im sorry you all. This thought just hit me, and now Im very insecure again.

I was doing ok until just now. I think Ill take my headmeds a little early this evening.

Maybe like now. Thank God again for this place I can come and wah wah, without calling the wah-bu-lance.

love

don in kansas

hey . glad to see your attack pass and there's no reason to

feel anxious here. i'm 55 and have always been a high strung anxious

person but not prone to panic attacks. i am however prone to

depression and have spent many long periods hiding away. i recognize

my depression for what it is and know it will pass so when i do get

depressed i tend to wear it on my sleave and embrace it. people

always say when you get to the end of your rope to tie a knot and

hang on. that is not my philosiphy. i believe in letting go and

letting God.

there's nothing fun about about the interferon and copegus thing but

being able to share our woes with each other helps me a lot. to tell

the truth i feel a little uneasy about being here because i have the

lesser of the hep c genotype and don't feel i have a lot to offer

except to tell how treatment is affecting me.

hang in there. people need to hear your story.

>

> Tuesday afternoon, Becky, my mental caseworker took me to the ER. I

had been laying in bed unable to breathe, eat, wash, anything for a

week.

> I had forgotten my headmeds. I was in bad brain fog.

> I went to the ER and had to sit in the waiting room for an hour and

a half.

> Then it began to get dark even tho the lights were all on.

> People were walking back and forth, the sliding ent door kept

opening and closing, and the muted talking got louder and louder,

comming in waves.

> I began to shake. I held my hands over my ears, and closed my eyes,

and rocked.

> Becky saw me in this distress and was trying to talk to me, but she

seemed a mile away, and I couldnt make out what she was saying. Once

I heard her say, 'don, talk to me'.

> Next thing I remember I headed for the outside door, went out and

collasped next to the trash can, and held it like I would hold my

mother.

> Becky kept telling me it was ok, and to come back inside where it

was warmer. I began to cry, and told her I just wanted to go home,

and get in my bed, under my pillow.

> It was like a tital wave of darkness smothering me.

> They finally got me back inside and took my heart rate. 174. Is

that high?

> I remember someone saying I was having a true panic attack.

> They gave me a Ativan, and I rocked and cried until it hit.

> Im 57. I feel so embarrassed.

> I hate it when that happens. Its like hell closing in on me. Or a

bad LSD trip.

> Im so afraid of treatment. It doesnt sound all that bad when you

all talk about it. A little flu, headache, la te da, for a day.

> Some of you even seem to be having fun, 'lets do this together'.

Like going to Disneyland.

> Im sorry you all. This thought just hit me, and now Im very

insecure again.

> I was doing ok until just now. I think Ill take my headmeds a

little early this evening.

> Maybe like now. Thank God again for this place I can come and wah

wah, without calling the wah-bu-lance.

> love

> don in kansas

>

me too , poor Don,, I've watched my mom have panic attacks, they are really bad.. I hope you're feeling much better don

I dont know why your message still hasnt shown up in my email, so IM answering this second hand..

hugs to you Don,

Jax

Subject: Re: MY PANIC ATTACKTo: Hepatitis_C_Central Date: Wednesday, December 3, 2008, 9:23 PM

Don honey , I think I would rather take treatment again than go through what you went through .

[Hepatitis_C_ Central] MY PANIC ATTACK

Tuesday afternoon, Becky, my mental caseworker took me to the ER. I had been laying in bed unable to breathe, eat, wash, anything for a week.

People were walking back and forth, the sliding ent door kept opening and closing, and the muted talking got louder and louder, comming in waves.

Becky saw me in this distress and was trying to talk to me, but she seemed a mile away, and I couldnt make out what she was saying. Once I heard her say, 'don, talk to me'.

Next thing I remember I headed for the outside door, went out and collasped next to the trash can, and held it like I would hold my mother.

Becky kept telling me it was ok, and to come back inside where it was warmer. I began to cry, and told her I just wanted to go home, and get in my bed, under my pillow.

Im so afraid of treatment. It doesnt sound all that bad when you all talk about it. A little flu, headache, la te da, for a day.

Some of you even seem to be having fun, 'lets do this together'. Like going to Disneyland.

I was doing ok until just now. I think Ill take my headmeds a little early this evening.

Maybe like now. Thank God again for this place I can come and wah wah, without calling the wah-bu-lance.

love

don in kansas

Bob,

I appreciate your e-mails. We are all at different stages. I need your experience, strength and hope :)

Subject: Re: MY PANIC ATTACKTo: Hepatitis_C_Central Date: Wednesday, December 3, 2008, 9:28 PM

hey . glad to see your attack pass and there's no reason to feel anxious here. i'm 55 and have always been a high strung anxious person but not prone to panic attacks. i am however prone to depression and have spent many long periods hiding away. i recognize my depression for what it is and know it will pass so when i do get depressed i tend to wear it on my sleave and embrace it. people always say when you get to the end of your rope to tie a knot and hang on. that is not my philosiphy. i believe in letting go and letting God.there's nothing fun about about the interferon and copegus thing but being able to share our woes with each other helps me a lot. to tell the truth i feel a little uneasy about being here because i have the lesser of the hep c genotype and don't feel i have a lot to offer except to tell how treatment is affecting me.hang in there. people need to hear your

story.>> Tuesday afternoon, Becky, my mental caseworker took me to the ER. I had been laying in bed unable to breathe, eat, wash, anything for a week.> I had forgotten my headmeds. I was in bad brain fog.> I went to the ER and had to sit in the waiting room for an hour and a half.> Then it began to get dark even tho the lights were all on.> People were walking back and forth, the sliding ent door kept opening and closing, and the muted talking got louder and louder, comming in waves.> I began to shake. I held my hands over my ears, and closed my eyes, and rocked.> Becky saw me in this distress and was trying to talk to me, but she seemed a mile away, and I couldnt make out what she

was saying. Once I heard her say, 'don, talk to me'.> Next thing I remember I headed for the outside door, went out and collasped next to the trash can, and held it like I would hold my mother.> Becky kept telling me it was ok, and to come back inside where it was warmer. I began to cry, and told her I just wanted to go home, and get in my bed, under my pillow.> It was like a tital wave of darkness smothering me.> They finally got me back inside and took my heart rate. 174. Is that high?> I remember someone saying I was having a true panic attack.> They gave me a Ativan, and I rocked and cried until it hit.> Im 57. I feel so embarrassed.> I hate it when that happens. Its like hell closing in on me. Or a bad LSD trip.> Im so afraid of treatment. It doesnt sound all that bad when you all talk about it. A little flu, headache, la te da, for a day.> Some of

you even seem to be having fun, 'lets do this together'. Like going to Disneyland.> Im sorry you all. This thought just hit me, and now Im very insecure again.> I was doing ok until just now. I think Ill take my headmeds a little early this evening.> Maybe like now. Thank God again for this place I can come and wah wah, without calling the wah-bu-lance.> love> don in kansas>

Believe me I have had panic attacks before. And have been getting them more lately.

I have a job that causes alot of stress. And the panic attacks start.

Don, let me tell you the more you worry about starting treatment, the more you are going to have these attacks.

Don't do treatment till you are stable enough to handle the stuff that comes with it.

I plan on continuing to work while I do treatment this next time.

But then again, I have been through it twice, so I know what to expect.

Take Deep Breathes, my friend. It will be there when you are ready.

LOve

Janet

"There are souls in this world that have the gift of finding joy everywhere and of leaving it behind them when they go"

Frederick Faber

To: Hepatitis_C_Central Sent: Wednesday, December 3, 2008 6:25:19 PMSubject: MY PANIC ATTACK

love

don in kansas