RemedySpot.com

12 hours apart

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi All,

When I started treatment I wasn't told to take my pills 12 hours apart just to take then twice a day. I take two in the morning with breakfast and I take two at night with dinner what ever time that may be. My doctor told me I am doing good. Now for my shot they didn't tell me to take that at the same time every week either but make sure it is the same day every week. They suggested getting my shot between 7-8 pm so that way I would be sleeping if any flu like symptoms would crop up. I am starting my 14th week of treatment tonight. I still put an ice pack on the spot were I am getting my shot, do you ever over come that were you can just get the shot with out numbing it first. I know I am a big baby and hate shots. The weeks do go fast. It seems like yesterday I just started treatment. It has become part of my daily routine. I take all my medicines faithfully.

Tracey

Tracey,

well the only advice I can give you on this is to maybe read the insert that comes with every box of Ribavirin. I think the thing that is important to remember is that you need to take your pills in two doses 12 hours apart and NOT take them ALL in ONE DOSE. My treatment nurse told me that I needed to take them 12 hours apart and I set a timer to make sure I did. That was me tho, I knew that I had very little chance of responding to tx and was given NO CHANCE of ever reaching SVR so I wanted to do my tx 'by the book' and so I set alarms etc to make sure that I did everything 'by the book'. and you know what? I know it paid off,, I've been SVR now for nearly 6 years!

hugs

jax

Subject: 12 hours apartTo: Hepatitis_C_Central Date: Tuesday, December 2, 2008, 5:20 AM

Hi All,

When I started treatment I wasn't told to take my pills 12 hours apart just to take then twice a day. I take two in the morning with breakfast and I take two at night with dinner what ever time that may be. My doctor told me I am doing good. Now for my shot they didn't tell me to take that at the same time every week either but make sure it is the same day every week. They suggested getting my shot between 7-8 pm so that way I would be sleeping if any flu like symptoms would crop up. I am starting my 14th week of treatment tonight. I still put an ice pack on the spot were I am getting my shot, do you ever over come that were you can just get the shot with out numbing it first. I know I am a big baby and hate shots. The weeks do go fast. It seems like yesterday I just started treatment. It has become part of my daily routine. I take all my medicines faithfully.

Tracey

I don't numb my spot for shot but I do make sure that I let it set out for a minimum of 15 min. One of the first shots I did to soon and I guess it was still cold because it really hurt. Other than I just switch sides of my lower tummy.Congrats on #14. I would be on # 14 Friday but ran into an insurance snafu so will now being 13 on Friday.Amber Sent via BlackBerry by AT&TFrom: Tracey Fenley Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2008 05:20:35 -0800 (PST)To: <Hepatitis_C_Central >Subject: 12 hours apart Hi All, When I started treatment I wasn't told to take my pills 12 hours apart just to take then twice a day. I take two in the morning with breakfast and I take two at night with dinner what ever time that may be. My doctor told me I am doing good. Now for my shot they didn't tell me to take that at the same time every week either but make sure it is the same day every week. They suggested getting my shot between 7-8 pm so that way I would be sleeping if any flu like symptoms would crop up. I am starting my 14th week of treatment tonight. I still put an ice pack on the spot were I am getting my shot, do you ever over come that were you can just get the shot with out numbing it first. I know I am a big baby and hate shots. The weeks do go fast. It seems like yesterday I just started treatment. It has become part of my daily routine. I take all my medicines faithfully. Tracey