RemedySpot.com

A saga-tales from Hepatitis_C_Central

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hello everybody,

Just wanted to let you all know how this group got started.

Back in 2002, I started this group because I couldn't find a group that fit me right.

I wanted a place where folks could come and share information that was simple to understand. I had just found out that I had Hepatitis C in 2000, it took the doctors nearly 2 years to get their ducks in a row that I could start treatment.

I met one of our first members here, Doug, who used to be one of our owner/moderators. He was so helpful and a wonderful person. He would answer questions, help me with research and so forth.

Doug, had been through treatment twice. He had the old fashion interferon treatment with the ribaviron. I think he was on the type that he had to take a injection daily. Can you imagine that?

Then he started the Pegasy and co pegasy, he reached SVR and has remained virus free. Last time I heard from him, he was doing well.

Doug has since moved on. Then our anne came along. She is the spouse of Daryl, Daryl had Hep C and was end stage waiting for a liver.

Our Daryl, was awaiting a liver and we lost him. anne was already a moderator here. She was so helpful to the members with her sweet mother hen ways. I asked anne to stay after Daryl passed because she was so sweet, and had a beautiful way of making all feel loved. She had lots of experience as a caregiver to a person with Hep C. She remains one of our owner/moderators. is a important part of the group. She cheers us all up when we are down with her jokes, inspirational post.

Jackie and Liz came along at about the same time. They both came in and started their support with gusto. They have the experience of working with patients. They both are licensed paramedics. They have experience with the disease because they have the disease. Jackie has had SVR for many years. I can't for the life of me remember how many years it has been. But I know that it has been over 5 years.

Liz, is our chief researcher here. Liz has treated many times. She has not reached SVR but she keeps going and going. All of the articles that you receive about current Hep C information come from Liz.

I am Janet, I have treated twice. First I got my virus level down to 1500 but did not reach undetectable. The second time, I reached undetectable but the virus came back. I am seeing a doctor soon about re-treating.

I am a nurse with over 20 years experience. I am now working in the hotel industry as a customer service rep. I am looking for a DOD job, it would be a federal service job.

Over the years, since 2002 we have had our ups and downs with this group. Mostly ups.

I will promise you that I will continue to see that support is given, education is provided, and the information that we give is the best to our knowledge.

And now you know how we begin and continue.

Your Owner/Moderator

Janet

hi Janet

This needs to be on the main page for all comming here to see.

love

don in kansas

Subject: A saga-tales from Hepatitis_C_CentralTo: Hepatitis_C_Central Date: Monday, December 15, 2008, 6:33 PM

Hello everybody,

Back in 2002, I started this group because I couldn't find a group that fit me right.

I wanted a place where folks could come and share information that was simple to understand. I had just found out that I had Hepatitis C in 2000, it took the doctors nearly 2 years to get their ducks in a row that I could start treatment.

I met one of our first members here, Doug, who used to be one of our owner/moderators. He was so helpful and a wonderful person. He would answer questions, help me with research and so forth.

Doug, had been through treatment twice. He had the old fashion interferon treatment with the ribaviron. I think he was on the type that he had to take a injection daily. Can you imagine that?

Then he started the Pegasy and co pegasy, he reached SVR and has remained virus free. Last time I heard from him, he was doing well.

Doug has since moved on. Then our anne came along. She is the spouse of Daryl, Daryl had Hep C and was end stage waiting for a liver.

Our Daryl, was awaiting a liver and we lost him. anne was already a moderator here. She was so helpful to the members with her sweet mother hen ways. I asked anne to stay after Daryl passed because she was so sweet, and had a beautiful way of making all feel loved. She had lots of experience as a caregiver to a person with Hep C. She remains one of our owner/moderators. is a important part of the group. She cheers us all up when we are down with her jokes, inspirational post.

Jackie and Liz came along at about the same time. They both came in and started their support with gusto. They have the experience of working with patients. They both are licensed paramedics. They have experience with the disease because they have the disease. Jackie has had SVR for many years. I can't for the life of me remember how many years it has been. But I know that it has been over 5 years.

Liz, is our chief researcher here. Liz has treated many times. She has not reached SVR but she keeps going and going. All of the articles that you receive about current Hep C information come from Liz.

I am Janet, I have treated twice. First I got my virus level down to 1500 but did not reach undetectable. The second time, I reached undetectable but the virus came back. I am seeing a doctor soon about re-treating.

I am a nurse with over 20 years experience. I am now working in the hotel industry as a customer service rep. I am looking for a DOD job, it would be a federal service job.

Over the years, since 2002 we have had our ups and downs with this group. Mostly ups.

I will promise you that I will continue to see that support is given, education is provided, and the information that we give is the best to our knowledge.

Your Owner/Moderator

Janet

thank you , like everything else in life ups and downs are guarantees,,,,,xoxox joyceJanet wrote: Hello everybody, Just wanted to let you all know how this group got started. Back in 2002, I started this group because I couldn't find a group that fit me right. I wanted a place where folks could come and share information that was simple to understand. I had just found out that I had Hepatitis C in 2000,

it took the doctors nearly 2 years to get their ducks in a row that I could start treatment. I met one of our first members here, Doug, who used to be one of our owner/moderators. He was so helpful and a wonderful person. He would answer questions, help me with research and so forth. Doug, had been through treatment twice. He had the old fashion interferon treatment with the ribaviron. I think he was on the type that he had to take a injection daily. Can you imagine that? Then he started the Pegasy and co pegasy, he reached SVR and has remained virus free. Last time I heard from him, he was doing well. Doug has since moved on. Then our anne came along. She is the spouse of Daryl, Daryl had Hep C and was end stage waiting for a liver. Our Daryl, was awaiting a liver and we lost him. anne was already a

moderator here. She was so helpful to the members with her sweet mother hen ways. I asked anne to stay after Daryl passed because she was so sweet, and had a beautiful way of making all feel loved. She had lots of experience as a caregiver to a person with Hep C. She remains one of our owner/moderators. is a important part of the group. She cheers us all up when we are down with her jokes, inspirational post. Jackie and Liz came along at about the same time. They both came in and started their support with gusto. They have the experience of working with patients. They both are licensed paramedics. They have experience with the disease because they have the disease. Jackie has had SVR for many years. I can't for the life of me remember how many years it has been. But I know that it has been over 5 years. Liz, is our chief researcher here. Liz has treated many times. She has not reached SVR but she

keeps going and going. All of the articles that you receive about current Hep C information come from Liz. I am Janet, I have treated twice. First I got my virus level down to 1500 but did not reach undetectable. The second time, I reached undetectable but the virus came back. I am seeing a doctor soon about re-treating. I am a nurse with over 20 years experience. I am now working in the hotel industry as a customer service rep. I am looking for a DOD job, it would be a federal service job. Over the years, since 2002 we have had our ups and downs with this group. Mostly ups. I will promise you that I will continue to see that support is given, education is provided, and the information that we give is the best to our knowledge. And now you know how we begin and continue. Your

Owner/Moderator Janet

And you my friend are a sweety.

Love

Janet

"There are souls in this world that have the gift of finding joy everywhere and of leaving it behind them when they go"

Frederick Faber

Hello everybody,

Your Owner/Moderator

Janet

I agree! I was able to shed my fears and also learn from the experts.

Amber

- Re: A saga-tales from Hepatitis_C_Central

thank you all for being there. i doubt there is a better place for

information and inspiration.

------------------------------------

It's a pleasure having you join in our conversations. We hope you have found the

support you need with us.

If you are using email for your posts, for easy access to our group, just click

the link-- http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Hepatitis_C_Central/

Happy Posting

Gawd darned trigger finger! I also wanted to say thank you for this really nice post! Lubs ya bunches!

A saga-tales from Hepatitis_C_CentralTo: Hepatitis_C_Central Date: Monday, December 15, 2008, 6:33 PM

Hello everybody,

Your Owner/Moderator

Janet

Just something that was on my heart last night to share with the group. So many of us start out with this at finding out about this disease scared, not knowing where to turn or even the questions to ask.

When I joined other groups, they kept asking what stage my liver was at, What genotype I was, and so forth.

I had just been dx'd, hadn't had a biospy hadn't even seen a GI or anyone but my GP. And they just scared me. I want some where to go and talk to others who could explain stuff to me, And me be able to help them. Me, being a nurse, I had some idea of what was going on with me. But imagine what it would be like to Joe the Plumber. Okay I stole that one from McCain (and that is as close to politics as I am going to get) LOL.

But I am talking the average person.

Through this group, I think we all have grown.

Love

Janet

"There are souls in this world that have the gift of finding joy everywhere and of leaving it behind them when they go"

Frederick Faber

From: Janet <doc_jadeyahoo (DOT) com>Subject: [Hepatitis_C_ Central] A saga-tales from Hepatitis_C_ CentralTo: Hepatitis_C_ Central@yahoogro ups.comDate: Monday, December 15, 2008, 6:33 PM

Hello everybody,

Your Owner/Moderator

Janet

hi Janet

You are absolutely right.

I must have been to many diff sites before I hit this one.

In my humble opinion, this 'IS' the best I have been to, and we 'ARE' family.

Im probably the black sheep of the family, but I love you all anyways.

Ive learned so much here. Ive learned not to be so afraid.

Ive learned I can recieve support, but that I can also GIVE support.

love

don in kansas

>

> From: Janet <doc_jadeyahoo (DOT)

> com>

> Subject: [Hepatitis_C_ Central] A saga-tales from

> Hepatitis_C_ Central

> To: Hepatitis_C_

> Central@yahoogro ups.com

> Date: Monday, December 15, 2008, 6:33 PM

>

>

>

>

>

> Hello everybody,

> Just wanted to let you all know how

> this group got started.

> Back in 2002, I started this group

> because I couldn't find a group that fit me

> right.

> I wanted a place where folks could come

> and share information that was simple to understand. I had

> just found out that I had Hepatitis C in 2000, it took the

> doctors nearly 2 years to get their ducks in a row that I

> could start treatment.

> I met one of our first members here,

> Doug, who used to be one of our owner/moderators. He was so

> helpful and a wonderful person. He would answer questions,

> help me with research and so forth.

> Doug, had been through treatment twice.

> He had the old fashion interferon treatment with the

> ribaviron. I think he was on the type that he had to take a

> injection daily. Can you imagine that?

> Then he started the Pegasy and co

> pegasy, he reached SVR and has remained virus free. Last

> time I heard from him, he was doing well.

> Doug has since moved on. Then our

> anne came along. She is the spouse of Daryl, Daryl had

> Hep C and was end stage waiting for a liver.

> Our Daryl, was awaiting a liver and we

> lost him. anne was already a moderator here. She was so

> helpful to the members with her sweet mother hen ways. I

> asked anne to stay after Daryl passed because she

> was so sweet, and had a beautiful way of making all feel

> loved. She had lots of experience as a caregiver to a person

> with Hep C. She remains one of our owner/moderators. is a

> important part of the group. She cheers us all up when we

> are down with her jokes, inspirational post.

> Jackie and Liz came along at about the

> same time. They both came in and started their support with

> gusto. They have the experience of working with patients.

> They both are licensed paramedics. They have experience with

> the disease because they have the disease. Jackie has had

> SVR for many years. I can't for the life of me remember

> how many years it has been. But I know that it has been over

> 5 years.

> Liz, is our chief researcher here. Liz

> has treated many times. She has not reached SVR but she

> keeps going and going. All of the articles that you receive

> about current Hep C information come from Liz.

> I am Janet, I have treated twice. First

> I got my virus level down to 1500 but did not reach

> undetectable. The second time, I reached undetectable but

> the virus came back. I am seeing a doctor soon about

> re-treating.

> I am a nurse with over 20 years

> experience. I am now working in the hotel industry as a

> customer service rep.  I am looking for a DOD job, it

> would be a federal service job.

> Over the years, since 2002 we have had

> our ups and downs with this group. Mostly ups.

> I will promise you that I will continue

> to see that support is given, education is provided, and the

> information that we give is the best to our

> knowledge.

> And now you know how we begin and

> continue.

> Your Owner/Moderator

> Janet

>  

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

It is overwhelming. I've know for app. 20 yrs about my hepc. I'm still not sure if my liver is in a "stage" but do know that I have "fatty pockets" and I see people talking about MELD and my Dr said that I needn't worry about that. Enough about me, I am thankful for all your open hearts and sharing freely what you are going through. Life is amazingly wonderful when we least expect it.AmberSent via BlackBerry by AT&TFrom: Janet Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 18:56:57 -0800 (PST)To: <Hepatitis_C_Central >Subject: Re: A saga-tales from Hepatitis_C_Central Just something that was on my heart last night to share with the group. So many of us start out with this at finding out about this disease scared, not knowing where to turn or even the questions to ask.When I joined other groups, they kept asking what stage my liver was at, What genotype I was, and so forth.I had just been dx'd, hadn't had a biospy hadn't even seen a GI or anyone but my GP. And they just scared me. I want some where to go and talk to others who could explain stuff to me, And me be able to help them. Me, being a nurse, I had some idea of what was going on with me. But imagine what it would be like to Joe the Plumber. Okay I stole that one from McCain (and that is as close to politics as I am going to get) LOL.But I am talking the average person. Through this group, I think we all have grown.LoveJanet"There are souls in this world that have the gift of finding joy everywhere and of leaving it behind them when they go"Frederick Faber From: Janet <doc_jadeyahoo (DOT) com>Subject: [Hepatitis_C_ Central] A saga-tales from Hepatitis_C_ CentralTo: Hepatitis_C_ Central@yahoogro ups.comDate: Monday, December 15, 2008, 6:33 PMHello everybody,Just wanted to let you all know how this group got started. Back in 2002, I started this group because I couldn't find a group that fit me right.I wanted a place where folks could come and share information that was simple to understand. I had just found out that I had Hepatitis C in 2000, it took the doctors nearly 2 years to get their ducks in a row that I could start treatment. I met one of our first members here, Doug, who used to be one of our owner/moderators. He was so helpful and a wonderful person. He would answer questions, help me with research and so forth.Doug, had been through treatment twice. He had the old fashion interferon treatment with the ribaviron. I think he was on the type that he had to take a injection daily. Can you imagine that?Then he started the Pegasy and co pegasy, he reached SVR and has remained virus free. Last time I heard from him, he was doing well. Doug has since moved on. Then our anne came along. She is the spouse of Daryl, Daryl had Hep C and was end stage waiting for a liver.Our Daryl, was awaiting a liver and we lost him. anne was already a moderator here. She was so helpful to the members with her sweet mother hen ways. I asked anne to stay after Daryl passed because she was so sweet, and had a beautiful way of making all feel loved. She had lots of experience as a caregiver to a person with Hep C. She remains one of our owner/moderators. is a important part of the group. She cheers us all up when we are down with her jokes, inspirational post.Jackie and Liz came along at about the same time. They both came in and started their support with gusto. They have the experience of working with patients. They both are licensed paramedics. They have experience with the disease because they have the disease. Jackie has had SVR for many years. I can't for the life of me remember how many years it has been. But I know that it has been over 5 years.Liz, is our chief researcher here. Liz has treated many times. She has not reached SVR but she keeps going and going. All of the articles that you receive about current Hep C information come from Liz.I am Janet, I have treated twice. First I got my virus level down to 1500 but did not reach undetectable. The second time, I reached undetectable but the virus came back. I am seeing a doctor soon about re-treating. I am a nurse with over 20 years experience. I am now working in the hotel industry as a customer service rep. I am looking for a DOD job, it would be a federal service job. Over the years, since 2002 we have had our ups and downs with this group. Mostly ups. I will promise you that I will continue to see that support is given, education is provided, and the information that we give is the best to our knowledge.And now you know how we begin and continue.Your Owner/ModeratorJanet

thank you for that wonderful vote of confidence Bob! That meant a lot to me!

hugs,

jax

Subject: Re: A saga-tales from Hepatitis_C_CentralTo: Hepatitis_C_Central Date: Monday, December 15, 2008, 11:32 PM

thank you all for being there. i doubt there is a better place for information and inspiration.

Ahhh you aren't the black sheep, you are just that brother that we have to pat on the head and say how ya doing bro.

Love

Janet

Frederick Faber

> > From: Janet <doc_jadeyahoo (DOT) > com>> Subject: [Hepatitis_C_ Central] A saga-tales from> Hepatitis_C_ Central> To: Hepatitis_C_> Central@yahoogro ups.com> Date: Monday, December 15, 2008, 6:33 PM> > > > > > Hello everybody,> Just wanted to let you all know how> this group got started.

> Back in 2002, I started this group> because I couldn't find a group that fit me> right.> I wanted a place where folks could come> and share information that was simple to understand. I had> just found out that I had Hepatitis C in 2000, it took the> doctors nearly 2 years to get their ducks in a row that I> could start treatment. > I met one of our first members here,> Doug, who used to be one of our owner/moderators. He was so> helpful and a wonderful person. He would answer questions,> help me with research and so forth.> Doug, had been through treatment twice.> He had the old fashion interferon treatment with the> ribaviron. I think he was on the type that he had to take a> injection daily. Can you imagine that?> Then he started the Pegasy and co> pegasy, he reached SVR and has remained virus free. Last> time I heard

from him, he was doing well. > Doug has since moved on. Then our> anne came along. She is the spouse of Daryl, Daryl had> Hep C and was end stage waiting for a liver.> Our Daryl, was awaiting a liver and we> lost him. anne was already a moderator here. She was so> helpful to the members with her sweet mother hen ways. I> asked anne to stay after Daryl passed because she> was so sweet, and had a beautiful way of making all feel> loved. She had lots of experience as a caregiver to a person> with Hep C. She remains one of our owner/moderators. is a> important part of the group. She cheers us all up when we> are down with her jokes, inspirational post.> Jackie and Liz came along at about the> same time. They both came in and started their support with> gusto. They have the experience of working with patients.> They both are

licensed paramedics. They have experience with> the disease because they have the disease. Jackie has had> SVR for many years. I can't for the life of me remember> how many years it has been. But I know that it has been over> 5 years.> Liz, is our chief researcher here. Liz> has treated many times. She has not reached SVR but she> keeps going and going. All of the articles that you receive> about current Hep C information come from Liz.> I am Janet, I have treated twice. First> I got my virus level down to 1500 but did not reach> undetectable. The second time, I reached undetectable but> the virus came back. I am seeing a doctor soon about> re-treating. > I am a nurse with over 20 years> experience. I am now working in the hotel industry as a> customer service rep. I am looking for a DOD job, it> would be a federal service job.

> Over the years, since 2002 we have had> our ups and downs with this group. Mostly ups. > I will promise you that I will continue> to see that support is given, education is provided, and the> information that we give is the best to our> knowledge.> And now you know how we begin and> continue.> Your Owner/Moderator> Janet> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

Thank you Amber

I am glad you found us.

Love

Janet

Frederick Faber

Subject: Re: A saga-tales from Hepatitis_C_CentralTo: "Hepatitis _C_Central" <Hepatitis_C_Central >Date: Tuesday, December 16, 2008, 9:56 PM

It is overwhelming. I've know for app. 20 yrs about my hepc. I'm still not sure if my liver is in a "stage" but do know that I have "fatty pockets" and I see people talking about MELD and my Dr said that I needn't worry about that. Enough about me, I am thankful for all your open hearts and sharing freely what you are going through. Life is amazingly wonderful when we least expect it.Amber

Sent via BlackBerry by AT & T

From: Janet Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 18:56:57 -0800 (PST)To: <Hepatitis_C_ Central@yahoogro ups.com>Subject: Re: [Hepatitis_C_ Central] A saga-tales from Hepatitis_C_ Central

Recent Activity

New MembersVisit Your Group

Yahoo! Health

Early Detection

Know the symptoms

of breast cancer.

Search Ads

Get new customers.

List your web site

in Yahoo! Search.

Everyday Wellness

on Yahoo! Groups

Find groups that will

help you stay fit.

Thank you for creating a place we can come and learn with understanding and empathy. It is refreshing to be able to feel free and accepted. You (and the others) have made this a great place to be.AmberSent via BlackBerry by AT&TFrom: Janet Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 03:51:53 -0800 (PST)To: <Hepatitis_C_Central >Subject: Re: A saga-tales from Hepatitis_C_Central Thank you AmberI am glad you found us.LoveJanet"There are souls in this world that have the gift of finding joy everywhere and of leaving it behind them when they go"Frederick Faber Subject: Re: A saga-tales from Hepatitis_C_CentralTo: "Hepatitis _C_Central" <Hepatitis_C_Central >Date: Tuesday, December 16, 2008, 9:56 PMIt is overwhelming. I've know for app. 20 yrs about my hepc. I'm still not sure if my liver is in a "stage" but do know that I have "fatty pockets" and I see people talking about MELD and my Dr said that I needn't worry about that. Enough about me, I am thankful for all your open hearts and sharing freely what you are going through. Life is amazingly wonderful when we least expect it.AmberSent via BlackBerry by AT & TFrom: Janet Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 18:56:57 -0800 (PST)To: <Hepatitis_C_ Central@yahoogro ups.com>Subject: Re: [Hepatitis_C_ Central] A saga-tales from Hepatitis_C_ CentralRecent Activity 5New MembersVisit Your Group Yahoo! HealthEarly DetectionKnow the symptomsof breast cancer.Search AdsGet new customers.List your web sitein Yahoo! Search.Everyday Wellnesson Yahoo! GroupsFind groups that willhelp you stay fit..

And THIS my friend is exactly what we're aiming for with EVERY member. We

are family and we won't always agree but whoa-be-tide ANYONE (not directed

at you Don) upset one of our " family " and you're gonna see teeth and claws.

THAT'S what family is all about. Together, whatever may be....

Oh, and our flock of " black sheep " is growing by the day. Nothing wrong

with being different my friend!

anne

In my humble opinion, this 'IS' the best I have been to, and we 'ARE'

family.

Im probably the black sheep of the family, but I love you all anyways.

Ive learned so much here. Ive learned not to be so afraid.

Ive learned I can recieve support, but that I can also GIVE support.

love

don in kansas