RemedySpot.com

Capsules and Shell of implants question

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear ,

The fibrous capsule that is formed around all implants in all implantees is the body's reaction to a foreign object, infact it is the body's self defense walling off the thing that does not belong there, when people refer to explant with capsulectomy they mean the implant and the fibrous capsule are removed, this includes the shell of the implant. There are some cases of Ps's who for whatever reasons, and there may be many, leave the capsules inside women, from all I know and have come to understand this is not wise in anyone, but especially in a woman who is symptomatic. The capsule is full of particles from the shell of the implant, and textured implants all have shedding of silicone particles that cause a cell foam reaction, this is what Dr Feng explained to me, Most of us have had the implant removed with the capsulectomy and this is accomplished by the "en bloc procedure" meaning that the implant and capsule are removed as a unit and that the contents of the implant are not drained.

There are cases where this may not be possible, esp. if it is a ruptured gel implant or even a ruptured saline implant, in my case the textured implants had embedded into my tissue, this is called tissue ingrowth, all textured surfaced implants do this, in my case I had very thick scar capsule on the underside of my implants against my ribcage and in my opinion my body was trying to protect my organs from the foreign invaders, hence the scar capsule was thin on the outer side, so my breasts didn't feel rock hard as some do.

This is really confusing when you first learn about it, but in reality it is pretty simple, anytime you put something in your body that does not belong there the body will fight it, it will attempt to wall it off, eliminate it, etc...

When you do remove your implants, if you do not replace them I would suggest you find a Dr that understands the importance of this method and that will give you in writing his word that he will do all he can to remove all of the implant, and the scar tissue.

If Dr's leave scar tissue in for one reason or another, it never means they left the outside of the implant shell itself, I think that would be impossible, as far as I know, again unless it was something really old and messy and ruptured.

Hope this made sense,

Love,

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Wednesday, January 23, 2002 3:14 PM

Subject: Capsules and Shell of implants question

To all,

One person explained to me recently that the 'capsule' is the scar tissue that surrounds the implant and everybody gets them. Upon reading all the information pertaining to the importance of having them removed, sometimes it sounds as though the doctors are literally leaving the shell of an 'emptied' implant inside. My thoughts tell me that this is not so and that what I'm reading is only referring to the actual scar tissue left behind when the implants are not removed 'en bloc'.

Can anyone confirm or clarify that the capsule is the body's own scar tissue and not including 'the shell' of the implant?

Thanks,

To all,

One person explained to me recently that the 'capsule' is the scar tissue that surrounds the implant and everybody gets them. Upon reading all the information pertaining to the importance of having them removed, sometimes it sounds as though the doctors are literally leaving the shell of an 'emptied' implant inside. My thoughts tell me that this is not so and that what I'm reading is only referring to the actual scar tissue left behind when the implants are not removed 'en bloc'.

Can anyone confirm or clarify that the capsule is the body's own scar tissue and not including 'the shell' of the implant?

Thanks,