RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: TREATMENT

Rate this topic

Guest guest

The riba is weight based so it could be more or less

Re: TREATMENT

i believe the most common treatment is pegalated interferon by injection once a week for 48 weeks with 2 tablets of copegus taken twice a day at 12 hours apart.i have hep2 so my treatment time is cut in half.

You answered correct , except like I said the riba can be more or less depending on weight ..smootches

listen to elizibeth before you pay any attention to what i say. she is a lot more familiar with this then i am.

I started out with 3 Riba then dropped to 2 at 11 wks when my VL test came back. The Dr said I am what is called Rapid Viral Response. AmberSent via BlackBerry by AT&TFrom: "elizabethnv1" Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 22:42:18 -0800To: <Hepatitis_C_Central >Subject: Re: Re: TREATMENT The riba is weight based so it could be more or less Re: TREATMENT i believe the most common treatment is pegalated interferon by injection once a week for 48 weeks with 2 tablets of copegus taken twice a day at 12 hours apart.i have hep2 so my treatment time is cut in half.

He dropped it because you responded so quick ? Or did your labs or weight change ? I haven't heard of a doc lowering cause of response , and are you clear ? Congrats on responding so well

i believe the most common treatment is pegalated interferon by injection once a week for 48 weeks with 2 tablets of copegus taken twice a day at 12 hours apart.i have hep2 so my treatment time is cut in half.

Thanks! He dropped it because of my labs. Yes, I am free!! I started out with a VL over 4 million and another no. was 6.7. I am now less than 50 and 1.3. You know in the beginning I was scared to death but feel so much better now, even while still in tx. I can't wait 'til I'm through. I definitely have Riba Rage. AmberSent via BlackBerry by AT&TFrom: "elizabethnv1" Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 23:16:22 -0800To: <Hepatitis_C_Central >Subject: Re: Re: TREATMENT He dropped it because you responded so quick ? Or did your labs or weight change ? I haven't heard of a doc lowering cause of response , and are you clear ? Congrats on responding so well Re: TREATMENT i believe the most common treatment is pegalated interferon by injection once a week for 48 weeks with 2 tablets of copegus taken twice a day at 12 hours apart.i have hep2 so my treatment time is cut in half.

Haha yeah riba rage is common , I am so happy for you !

why did he drop your dose? that concerns me,, there must be a reason tho,,

Subject: Re: Re: TREATMENTTo: "Hepatitis _C_Central" <Hepatitis_C_Central >Date: Monday, December 15, 2008, 11:05 PM

I started out with 3 Riba then dropped to 2 at 11 wks when my VL test came back. The Dr said I am what is called Rapid Viral Response. Amber

Sent via BlackBerry by AT & T

From: "elizabethnv1" Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 22:42:18 -0800To: <Hepatitis_C_ Central@yahoogro ups.com>Subject: Re: [Hepatitis_C_ Central] Re: TREATMENT

[Hepatitis_C_ Central] Re: TREATMENT

My Riba was dropped because of my blood levels. I'm very new to this and not sure how much experience my Dr has treating hepc. I do know he attended the conf in San Francisco and is planning on attending the in Baltimore next spring. He is at least educating himself.AmberSent via BlackBerry by AT&TFrom: Jackie on Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 21:22:13 -0800 (PST)To: <Hepatitis_C_Central >Subject: Re: Re: TREATMENT why did he drop your dose? that concerns me,, there must be a reason tho,, Subject: Re: Re: TREATMENTTo: "Hepatitis _C_Central" <Hepatitis_C_Central >Date: Monday, December 15, 2008, 11:05 PMI started out with 3 Riba then dropped to 2 at 11 wks when my VL test came back. The Dr said I am what is called Rapid Viral Response. AmberSent via BlackBerry by AT & TFrom: "elizabethnv1" Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 22:42:18 -0800To: <Hepatitis_C_ Central@yahoogro ups.com>Subject: Re: [Hepatitis_C_ Central] Re: TREATMENTThe riba is weight based so it could be more or less [Hepatitis_C_ Central] Re: TREATMENTi believe the most common treatment is pegalated interferon by injection once a week for 48 weeks with 2 tablets of copegus taken twice a day at 12 hours apart.i have hep2 so my treatment time is cut in half.

OMG,, why didnt he give you procrit instead of lowering your dose??? I would wonder if he has enough experience too because studies show that lowering your dose should be the last thing they do,, procrit should be the first thing,, especially in the first 12 weeks of treatment.. I dont know, maybe he had other reasons for doing that and I sure dont want to scare you , but what we've read and seen has been that procrit before lowering doses,, I'd sure ask him about it.. Dr. Cecil told my doc that one should do treatment for a full 48 weeks after becoming undetectible and that lowering the riba dose should be the last thing one does because you need to keep the blood level hard and strong to keep the virus at bay..

I sure hope that you will be the blessed and lucky one and that this wont affect the outcome of your treatment!

hugs,

jax

From: amberkesterson@ rocketmail. com <amberkesterson@ rocketmail. com>Subject: Re: [Hepatitis_C_ Central] Re: TREATMENTTo: "Hepatitis _C_Central" <Hepatitis_C_ Central@yahoogro ups.com>Date: Monday, December 15, 2008, 11:05 PM

I started out with 3 Riba then dropped to 2 at 11 wks when my VL test came back. The Dr said I am what is called Rapid Viral Response. Amber

Sent via BlackBerry by AT & T

From: "elizabethnv1" Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 22:42:18 -0800To: <Hepatitis_C_ Central@yahoogro ups.com>Subject: Re: [Hepatitis_C_ Central] Re: TREATMENT

[Hepatitis_C_ Central] Re: TREATMENT

I am on the procrit and dont have any symptoms from it. I took my 3rd shot this week.

Subject: Re: TREATMENTTo: Hepatitis_C_Central Date: Wednesday, December 17, 2008, 4:26 AM

My doctor also dropped my dose of ribivirin( started at 1000 mg he lowered it to 800mg). I did make it through 12 weeks of treatment at the full dose before he lowered it.The hep C has been undetectable since week 4, I have geno type 1. My hemoglobins were getting to low, in fact he wants to wait for my blood work on Thursday to see if he wants me to start on the procrit, he doesn't want to start me on it yet, because of the side affects. I did go to my local health food store and got some meds called Energizing Iron. It is all natural and my doc said it was ok to take. I have been taking it for a month now so let's see if it made a difference with my bloodwork. I just started on week 16 of treatment last night.

Recently I started having problems with acid reflux, I told my nurse to remind me to say something to the doc. I have an appt monday with him. Other then all that, I am still going strong. I'm fighting my way to the top of the hill, and I'm determined to make it no matter what it takes.

Tracey

This is the same approach my Dr used. I am 1A and had 12 wks of Riba and 11 of the pegasys. Insurance snafu-but all straightened out. I've been approved through August.AmberSent via BlackBerry by AT&TFrom: Tracey Fenley Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 04:26:39 -0800 (PST)To: <Hepatitis_C_Central >Subject: Re: TREATMENT My doctor also dropped my dose of ribivirin( started at 1000 mg he lowered it to 800mg). I did make it through 12 weeks of treatment at the full dose before he lowered it.The hep C has been undetectable since week 4, I have geno type 1. My hemoglobins were getting to low, in fact he wants to wait for my blood work on Thursday to see if he wants me to start on the procrit, he doesn't want to start me on it yet, because of the side affects. I did go to my local health food store and got some meds called Energizing Iron. It is all natural and my doc said it was ok to take. I have been taking it for a month now so let's see if it made a difference with my bloodwork. I just started on week 16 of treatment last night. Recently I started having problems with acid reflux, I told my nurse to remind me to say something to the doc. I have an appt monday with him. Other then all that, I am still going strong. I'm fighting my way to the top of the hill, and I'm determined to make it no matter what it takes. Tracey

penny,, Im hoping and praying for all good news for you hon.. keep doing what your transplant team advise,,, and we'll do the praying,,

hugs penny

jax

Subject: Re: TREATMENTTo: Hepatitis_C_Central Date: Wednesday, December 17, 2008, 12:18 PM

I just took my third shot last night, and again, no side effects. My white and red blood cell counts are dropping, and I will be needing a shot soon to bring them up. My liver numbers are increasing now too, but they're not too worried about it. After my first shot, my ALT dropped 100 points, but now it is increasing. My post transplant coordinator called me yesterday to tell me to make sure I take very good care of myself now, and get plenty of sleep and drink plenty of water. She said if anything needs to be done, to let my husband do it because she just wants me to rest.Penny> > From: Tracey Fenley <oct51966@.. .>> Subject: [Hepatitis_C_ Central] Re: TREATMENT> To: Hepatitis_C_ Central@yahoogro ups.com> Date: Wednesday, December 17, 2008, 4:26 AM> > > > > > > > > > > > My doctor also dropped my dose of ribivirin( started at 1000 mg he lowered it to 800mg). I did make it through 12 weeks of treatment at the full dose before he lowered it.The hep C has been undetectable since week 4, I have geno type 1. My hemoglobins were getting to low, in fact he wants to wait for my blood work on Thursday to see if he wants me to start on the procrit, he doesn't want to start me on it yet, because of the side affects. I did go to my local

health food store and got some meds called Energizing Iron. It is all natural and my doc said it was ok to take. I have been taking it for a month now so let's see if it made a difference with my bloodwork. I just started on week 16 of treatment last night. > Recently I started having problems with acid reflux, I told my nurse to remind me to say something to the doc. I have an appt monday with him. Other then all that, I am still going strong. I'm fighting my way to the top of the hill, and I'm determined to make it no matter what it takes.> > Tracey>

Thats great Tracey,,

So what does this energizing iron have in it? Can you tell us what's in it.. IM always nervous when it comes to anything with iron as so many of us seem to 'store' it and it really affects our outcome.. just because your RBC's and hemoglobin are low, that does not mean that your ferritin level is low,, I was sitting with my RBC's at 1.0 and my hemoglobin at 7.0 and yet my ferritin level was 717 !!!! Had I taken any iron containing pills, my treatment would have failed and I might have died... so of course IM worried about it.. just because something is 'natural' does not mean its safe for us... valerian, Kava Kava , and many other 'natural' supplements are very very dangerous for a liver thats infected with this virus,,

hugs

jax

Subject: Re: TREATMENTTo: Hepatitis_C_Central Date: Wednesday, December 17, 2008, 4:26 AM

My doctor also dropped my dose of ribivirin( started at 1000 mg he lowered it to 800mg). I did make it through 12 weeks of treatment at the full dose before he lowered it.The hep C has been undetectable since week 4, I have geno type 1. My hemoglobins were getting to low, in fact he wants to wait for my blood work on Thursday to see if he wants me to start on the procrit, he doesn't want to start me on it yet, because of the side affects. I did go to my local health food store and got some meds called Energizing Iron. It is all natural and my doc said it was ok to take. I have been taking it for a month now so let's see if it made a difference with my bloodwork. I just started on week 16 of treatment last night.

Recently I started having problems with acid reflux, I told my nurse to remind me to say something to the doc. I have an appt monday with him. Other then all that, I am still going strong. I'm fighting my way to the top of the hill, and I'm determined to make it no matter what it takes.

Tracey

Make sure you gi doc keeps a watch on your iron levels , we tend to get iron overload from liver disease . And Energizing iron has iron in it , so take care with anything with iron in it .

Hi Jackie,

The Energizing Iron is a form of liquid liver. The man that owns the health food store is also a doctor.I explained the situation to him and I told him I was doing the treatments of the ribivirin and pegasys and he said it would not affect my treatment, however I did talk to my doctor to about taking it before I started. I call my doctors office before taking any medecines, I don't want any thing to interfer with my treatments in any way. Before I started taking the iron, all I wanted to do was lay around. I was so drained and tired, but I am feeling pretty good now. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my blood work looks good. I will have the results tomorrow.

Tracey

Tracey

I guess we all do what we feel is best but please please be careful with anything containing iron until your doc checks your 'ferritin' levels and your iron biding saturation.. even tho you may be feeling better, this could still be dangerous while on tx.. Im hoping for the best for you hon!

jax

Subject: Re: TREATMENTTo: Hepatitis_C_Central Date: Thursday, December 18, 2008, 4:10 AM

Hi Jackie,

The Energizing Iron is a form of liquid liver. The man that owns the health food store is also a doctor.I explained the situation to him and I told him I was doing the treatments of the ribivirin and pegasys and he said it would not affect my treatment, however I did talk to my doctor to about taking it before I started. I call my doctors office before taking any medecines, I don't want any thing to interfer with my treatments in any way. Before I started taking the iron, all I wanted to do was lay around. I was so drained and tired, but I am feeling pretty good now. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my blood work looks good. I will have the results tomorrow.

Tracey