RemedySpot.com

Re: What are the dangers of a hep c pos. person getting genital herpes?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

HI Corene,

I wish I had the answers for you but at this point, I dont have anything concrete. BUT.. Im sorry that you are having to deal with this. I think that his doc is simply trying to protect his patient. Maybe you should make an appointment with his doc and sit down and ask him how your issue compromises his issue.. now granted that he cannot talk about his specifics, but you could ask him how YOUR having herpes could possibly compromise someone with HepC and vise versa... you might get answers that way... I dunno..

Liz who is our researcher is in the hosp right now so when she gets home, maybe she can find some concrete info for you.. Ill try to see what I can find but it might take me a few days... in the meantime, just know that you have friends here and we are sorry that you're going through this...

jax

Subject: What are the dangers of a hep c pos. person getting genital herpes?To: Hepatitis_C_Central Date: Friday, November 21, 2008, 1:27 PM

I recently met a man on an on-line dating site and we connected really well; many things in common, outlook on life, kids, activeties, etc. Well, to make a long story short, he soon revealed that he was pos. for hep-c, has been treated, is in excellent health(except maybe for the anxiety caused by his condition). In the same meeting, I told him that I have genital herpes. It seems that he's more at risk of getting what I have than I am for getting hep c. So we have been researching and trying to learn as much as possible in the early stages of our relationship. He caught a cold-which turned into a severe sinus infection. When he went to his doctor he was told that dating me was a huge health risk to him and he could have severe complications. Since this happened, he has cut off all contact with me, telling me only once that he needs time to think. We were talking every day and seeing each other at

least twice a week for over a month. I'm devastated, and very angry at the doctor who's only looking at the disease and not at 2 people who really like each other. I'm hoping for some concrete info. and/ or advice. Something more than "use condoms religiously forever". I know counseling would help, but he won't answer my calls. I know I can just head on with my life in a new direction but I can't until I have an answer. Corene

here are a couple of links to an article that might help you! I think the second one might be more helpful as you can actually ask a physician your questions and get real answers!

http://sexandhepc.com/talk.html

http://www.hepcchallenge.org/doctalkquestion.php?category_id=4 & keywords= & verbose_mode__keyword_search=Search---

Subject: What are the dangers of a hep c pos. person getting genital herpes?To: Hepatitis_C_Central Date: Friday, November 21, 2008, 1:27 PM

I recently met a man on an on-line dating site and we connected really well; many things in common, outlook on life, kids, activeties, etc. Well, to make a long story short, he soon revealed that he was pos. for hep-c, has been treated, is in excellent health(except maybe for the anxiety caused by his condition). In the same meeting, I told him that I have genital herpes. It seems that he's more at risk of getting what I have than I am for getting hep c. So we have been researching and trying to learn as much as possible in the early stages of our relationship. He caught a cold-which turned into a severe sinus infection. When he went to his doctor he was told that dating me was a huge health risk to him and he could have severe complications. Since this happened, he has cut off all contact with me, telling me only once that he needs time to think. We were talking every day and seeing each other at

least twice a week for over a month. I'm devastated, and very angry at the doctor who's only looking at the disease and not at 2 people who really like each other. I'm hoping for some concrete info. and/ or advice. Something more than "use condoms religiously forever". I know counseling would help, but he won't answer my calls. I know I can just head on with my life in a new direction but I can't until I have an answer. Corene

Hi Corene

I cant answer your question, but I can tell you I have untreated hep c, AND treated genital herpes, and seem to be doing just fine.

The nurse practioner who discovered my hep c did the same thing to my ex. 'Stay with this man and die'. My ex is my ex now. She believed it.

Sounds to me you might need to find another man.

love

don in kansas

Subject: What are the dangers of a hep c pos. person getting genital herpes?To: Hepatitis_C_Central Date: Friday, November 21, 2008, 3:27 PM

Hon it looks like you are more accepting of his condition than he is of yours. And that is sad.

I can't give you any words of wisdom, other than with careful contact you could have had a good relationship.

Funny, so many folks have their boyfriends or girlfriends run for the hills when they find out we have Hep C. And here you are willing to stand by him.

Seems like he could do the same for you.

Yeah, I could say use a condom for all sexual contact, but I won't because you have hear that before.

Good luck hon

Janet

"There are souls in this world that have the gift of finding joy everywhere and of leaving it behind them when they go"

Frederick Faber

To: Hepatitis_C_Central Sent: Friday, November 21, 2008 3:27:55 PMSubject: What are the dangers of a hep c pos. person getting genital herpes?