RemedySpot.com

Re: Blood work results

Rate this topic

Guest guest

your not complaining at all,,,,,it will all work out,Tracey Fenley wrote: Well the docs office called me this morning. Wasn't the news I was hoping for. They told me that my hemoglobins dropped from 10.4 last month to 9.3 . I am going to be starting the procrit shots soon. The energizing iron that I was taking didn't help like I was hoping. I'm not sure with the holidays being here over the next two weeks how long it will take

for me to get the procrit delivered. I'm nervous about starting it, it is the side affects that scare me and the fact of having to get more shots. I know I shouldn't complain it could be worse. I want to apologize for complaining. Tracey

hi Tracey

Im sorry the results werent what you wanted, and you can complain all you want.

Wait until I have to start tx. Your going to hear some complaining. Im a pro. lol

I just want to assure you tho that everything is going to work out just fine.

Im a believer in positive thinking, and mostly Im right.

Im sending you tons of good, pure, healing energy and love.

God will get the message, and back me up, Im sure.

love

don in kansas

Subject: Blood work resultsTo: Hepatitis_C_Central Date: Friday, December 19, 2008, 9:50 AM

Well the docs office called me this morning. Wasn't the news I was hoping for. They told me that my hemoglobins dropped from 10.4 last month to 9.3 . I am going to be starting the procrit shots soon. The energizing iron that I was taking didn't help like I was hoping. I'm not sure with the holidays being here over the next two weeks how long it will take for me to get the procrit delivered. I'm nervous about starting it, it is the side affects that scare me and the fact of having to get more shots. I know I shouldn't complain it could be worse. I want to apologize for complaining.

Tracey

The sides are just long bone pain and that is only for a couple of hrs , but then believe me you feel better and have more energy . So the procrit helps allot

Blood work results

Well the docs office called me this morning. Wasn't the news I was hoping for. They told me that my hemoglobins dropped from 10.4 last month to 9.3 . I am going to be starting the procrit shots soon. The energizing iron that I was taking didn't help like I was hoping. I'm not sure with the holidays being here over the next two weeks how long it will take for me to get the procrit delivered. I'm nervous about starting it, it is the side affects that scare me and the fact of having to get more shots. I know I shouldn't complain it could be worse. I want to apologize for complaining.

Tracey

i am also a gt2 and i take my 5th shot today. my viral load is/was 7

million and the doctor told me i didn't need a biopsy either. i think

that is normal for us g2's. i did have an ultrasound though.

The first time I treated I didn't have a biopsy either , I'm a geno 1a . So I think it might be a doctors discretion about whether to bx or not

Re: Blood work results

i am also a gt2 and i take my 5th shot today. my viral load is/was 7 million and the doctor told me i didn't need a biopsy either. i think that is normal for us g2's. i did have an ultrasound though.

The procrit shouldn't take that long to get to you. It is

according to what pharmacy you use.

Yes, it does have side effects. But you will feel so much

better when you start taking it. And it will not be forever.

Just the times you need it. My sister is on procrit, she is not even on chemotherapy. She has something with anemia.

Something she has had all her life.

But the differents it has made in her, well the benefits

out-weight the side effects.

Love

Janet

"There are souls in this world that have the gift of finding joy everywhere and of leaving it behind them when they go"

Frederick Faber

To: Hepatitis_C_Central Sent: Friday, December 19, 2008 9:50:07 AMSubject: Blood work results

Tracey

Tracey

This is what I have been trying to tell you,, your anemia is not from being low on iron,, there are many different kinds of anemia and iron poor anemia is only one but it is not the kind that most of us tend to suffer from! OUR anemia is caused from the treatment meds and taking iron can cause severe damage to your heart, lungs, blood vessels etc,,

I asked you before if your doc had checked your "Ferritin" levels and I dont think that you ever answered me so I would ask you again if your doc has checked your ferritin levels or not and if not, he NEEDS to check this particular level, especially if you are even thinking about iron.. As I said , my own ferritin levels were above 700 and yet I was terribly anemic and the insurance company told my doc to give me iron,, and we yelled back at them that to do so would kill me and would definately ruin my treatment.. What I needed was procrit and it sounds like you need it too.. I hope your doc will get you started on that long before he lowers your riba doses.. I didnt find that I had much increased side effects from the procrit but I did find that I Hurt more from the neupogen when my white blood cells dropped to where I needed that..

The reason your iron stuff didnt work is because you probably are not short of iron (ferritin) and I KNOW I sound like an old nag, but honey, this is my bugaboo.. so I truely hope you will get your doc to check YOUR ferritin level before doing anything more with anything that has iron in it..

Ask Liz, she was very anemic and still have hemochromotisis ( too high iron) and even tho she was anemic, she was having to go and have them draw off a unit of her blood and throw it away in an effort to bring down her ferritin levels!!!

hugs

jax

Subject: Blood work resultsTo: Hepatitis_C_Central Date: Friday, December 19, 2008, 7:50 AM

Tracey

Thanks Jackie for explaining this. My levels are teetering and this helps me understand what's goin' on. AmberSent via BlackBerry by AT&TFrom: Jackie on Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 20:01:17 -0800 (PST)To: <Hepatitis_C_Central >Subject: Re: Blood work results TraceyThis is what I have been trying to tell you,, your anemia is not from being low on iron,, there are many different kinds of anemia and iron poor anemia is only one but it is not the kind that most of us tend to suffer from! OUR anemia is caused from the treatment meds and taking iron can cause severe damage to your heart, lungs, blood vessels etc,, I asked you before if your doc had checked your "Ferritin" levels and I dont think that you ever answered me so I would ask you again if your doc has checked your ferritin levels or not and if not, he NEEDS to check this particular level, especially if you are even thinking about iron.. As I said , my own ferritin levels were above 700 and yet I was terribly anemic and the insurance company told my doc to give me iron,, and we yelled back at them that to do so would kill me and would definately ruin my treatment.. What I needed was procrit and it sounds like you need it too.. I hope your doc will get you started on that long before he lowers your riba doses.. I didnt find that I had much increased side effects from the procrit but I did find that I Hurt more from the neupogen when my white blood cells dropped to where I needed that.. The reason your iron stuff didnt work is because you probably are not short of iron (ferritin) and I KNOW I sound like an old nag, but honey, this is my bugaboo.. so I truely hope you will get your doc to check YOUR ferritin level before doing anything more with anything that has iron in it.. Ask Liz, she was very anemic and still have hemochromotisis ( too high iron) and even tho she was anemic, she was having to go and have them draw off a unit of her blood and throw it away in an effort to bring down her ferritin levels!!! hugsjaxSubject: Blood work resultsTo: Hepatitis_C_Central Date: Friday, December 19, 2008, 7:50 AMWell the docs office called me this morning. Wasn't the news I was hoping for. They told me that my hemoglobins dropped from 10.4 last month to 9.3 . I am going to be starting the procrit shots soon. The energizing iron that I was taking didn't help like I was hoping. I'm not sure with the holidays being here over the next two weeks how long it will take for me to get the procrit delivered. I'm nervous about starting it, it is the side affects that scare me and the fact of having to get more shots. I know I shouldn't complain it could be worse. I want to apologize for complaining. Tracey

You're very welcome Amber,, just make sure that your doc checks your ferritin levels BEFORE he offers iron,, lol

From: Tracey Fenley <oct51966yahoo (DOT) com>Subject: [Hepatitis_C_ Central] Blood work resultsTo: Hepatitis_C_ Central@yahoogro ups.comDate: Friday, December 19, 2008, 7:50 AM

Tracey

My Dr has suggested I not take iron while on treatment. Only one he didn't have problem with was SAM-E. I appreciate you taking the time to explain all this.AmberSent via BlackBerry by AT&TFrom: Jackie on Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 20:48:19 -0800 (PST)To: <Hepatitis_C_Central >Subject: Re: Blood work results You're very welcome Amber,, just make sure that your doc checks your ferritin levels BEFORE he offers iron,, lolFrom: Tracey Fenley <oct51966yahoo (DOT) com>Subject: [Hepatitis_C_ Central] Blood work resultsTo: Hepatitis_C_ Central@yahoogro ups.comDate: Friday, December 19, 2008, 7:50 AMWell the docs office called me this morning. Wasn't the news I was hoping for. They told me that my hemoglobins dropped from 10.4 last month to 9.3 . I am going to be starting the procrit shots soon. The energizing iron that I was taking didn't help like I was hoping. I'm not sure with the holidays being here over the next two weeks how long it will take for me to get the procrit delivered. I'm nervous about starting it, it is the side affects that scare me and the fact of having to get more shots. I know I shouldn't complain it could be worse. I want to apologize for complaining. Tracey

your doc is RIGHT Amber,, Iron is very very detrimental to our treatment as well as being bad in general,, I remember all those folks who used to drink 'geritol' remember that stuff? Well they all died from iron overload,, they USED to believe that to store iron was good, well now they know its deadly... iron rusts or oxidizes our insides and can cause heart disease, stroke, kidney failure, liver failure and is especially dangerous to those of us with hep c,, we tend to store iron,,,

you're welcome,, thats what we're here for!

hugs

jax

From: Tracey Fenley <oct51966yahoo (DOT) com>Subject: [Hepatitis_C_ Central] Blood work resultsTo: Hepatitis_C_ Central@yahoogro ups.comDate: Friday, December 19, 2008, 7:50 AM

Tracey

Amen to that .........and besides iron overload is such a pain in the butt . Iron chelation meds are dangerous to the liver and with therapeutic phlebotomies it takes a trip a week to get the levels down . And I don't know about you but I see enough doctors already .Iron is so dangerous any vitamin you take needs to be checked well for iron .

[Hepatitis_C_ Central] Blood work resultsTo: Hepatitis_C_ Central@yahoogro ups.comDate: Friday, December 19, 2008, 7:50 AM

Tracey

i even bought vitamins with out iron,,,,,,,,i was scared and nervous that i did everything i was told, and avoided anything that was mess things upJackie on wrote: You're very welcome Amber,, just make sure that your doc checks your ferritin levels BEFORE he offers iron,, lol From: Tracey Fenley

<oct51966yahoo (DOT) com>Subject: [Hepatitis_C_ Central] Blood work resultsTo: Hepatitis_C_ Central@yahoogro ups.comDate: Friday, December 19, 2008, 7:50 AM Well the docs office called me this morning. Wasn't the news I was hoping for. They told me that my hemoglobins dropped from 10.4 last month to 9.3 . I am going to be starting the procrit shots soon. The energizing iron that I was taking didn't help like I was hoping. I'm not sure with the holidays being here over the next two weeks how long it will take for me to get the procrit delivered. I'm nervous about starting it, it is the side affects that scare me and the fact of having to get more shots. I know I shouldn't complain it could be worse. I want to apologize for complaining. Tracey

I am on Procrit and Neo something for white blood cells. Mine got so low they didnt want me in crowds. I took both shoots and all my levels shot up. They wanted to also give me iron and I would not let them. They did run a ferritan test and I had none. I am still not wanting iron.

Tracey

But if your body needs it and it is low then you should follow his instructions on the iron . It sounds like your on Neupogen for white blood cells . Glad to hear they are treating the decrease in wbc/rbc's instead of taking you off tx or lowering your doses.

[Hepatitis_C_ Central] Blood work resultsTo: Hepatitis_C_ Central@yahoogro ups.comDate: Friday, December 19, 2008, 7:50 AM

Tracey

joyceann, you did everything possible to reach SVR,, so just hang on and lets hold onto that hope that you will attain it!

hugs

jax

Tracey