RemedySpot.com

Re: ok. why isn't it a cure?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Because at this stage if you go to a vl of 0 you can still relapse . They haven't found a way yet to totally rid the body of the virus , but they can stop it from destroying the liver . That is why there is so much research still going on , people think they are like they were before and they go out and drink ..and the next thing you know they have relapsed . And not everyone has to even drink to relapse . I think 9 yrs is the most time I have ever seen anyone with SVR

ok. why isn't it a cure?

if they can't find it and it ain't coming back why isn't it a "cure"?

hi

Now youve caught me up in this.

What does SVR stand for....survivor?

If they cant rid the body of the virus, does that mean that every 9 years or so you have to do tx again. Until you die?

I dont like that.

love

don in kansas

Subject: Re: ok. why isn't it a cure?To: Hepatitis_C_Central Date: Friday, December 19, 2008, 2:03 PM

Because at this stage if you go to a vl of 0 you can still relapse . They haven't found a way yet to totally rid the body of the virus , but they can stop it from destroying the liver . That is why there is so much research still going on , people think they are like they were before and they go out and drink ..and the next thing you know they have relapsed . And not everyone has to even drink to relapse . I think 9 yrs is the most time I have ever seen anyone with SVR

[Hepatitis_C_ Central] ok. why isn't it a cure?

That is just the number that Liz has known some one to reach

Sustained Viral Response. I know a gentleman who has been SVR for 15 years.

Love

Janet

"There are souls in this world that have the gift of finding joy everywhere and of leaving it behind them when they go"

Frederick Faber

To: Hepatitis_C_Central Sent: Friday, December 19, 2008 4:11:53 PMSubject: Re: ok. why isn't it a cure?

hi

Now youve caught me up in this.

What does SVR stand for....survivor?

If they cant rid the body of the virus, does that mean that every 9 years or so you have to do tx again. Until you die?

I dont like that.

love

don in kansas

From: elizabethnv1 <elizabethnv1@ earthlink. net>Subject: Re: [Hepatitis_C_ Central] ok. why isn't it a cure?To: Hepatitis_C_ Central@yahoogro ups.comDate: Friday, December 19, 2008, 2:03 PM

SVR=sustained viralogical response ( 0 viral load for >6months) . Just because I haven't heard of anyone being SVR for over 9 yrs doesn't mean it can't happen . Especially with all the new protease and capsase inhibitors they are using . I am just saying myself personally I dont know anyone svr past 9 yr point .

Good answer.

Hope I am SVR when I do re-treat for the rest of my life.

Love

Janet

"There are souls in this world that have the gift of finding joy everywhere and of leaving it behind them when they go"

Frederick Faber

To: Hepatitis_C_Central Sent: Friday, December 19, 2008 5:15:47 PMSubject: Re: ok. why isn't it a cure?

SVR=sustained viralogical response ( 0 viral load for >6months) . Just because I haven't heard of anyone being SVR for over 9 yrs doesn't mean it can't happen . Especially with all the new protease and capsase inhibitors they are using . I am just saying myself personally I dont know anyone svr past 9 yr point .

WAIT,, Liz,, Bette has been SVR 9 years now,, she is nearly 4 years ahead of me,,

From: elizabethnv1 <elizabethnv1@ earthlink. net>Subject: Re: [Hepatitis_C_ Central] ok. why isn't it a cure?To: Hepatitis_C_ Central@yahoogro ups.comDate: Friday, December 19, 2008, 2:03 PM

Yup she is the oldest SVR that I know and this next summer I think will be yr 10 for her .

Thats what I thought.. well this feb/mar it will be 6 years since I finished tx and nearly 7 years since I went undetectible.. I think that sometimes after around 5 years, most ppl quit keeping stats on us..

Naw , there is a 10 yr study out there keeping track of the SVR patients

For genotype 2's doing 24weeks of tx , the SVR rate is I believ 90% ...and for those that only treat 14weeks it is 84%

ack! i don't want to do this again. anyone have any info on svr for g2?

No she is a geno 1a , but I would give an arm to be a geno 2 . SVR is almost assured with the genotype 2's . The amount of time they have been keeping track of SVR's is limited , so now with the newer meds SVR rates and length are growing . So heck a person has a good chance of staying clear . Time will tell , if svr rates increase in yrs

i was reading that you said the longest svr you knew of is 9 years. does that include those of us with gt2? it never occured to me this was most likely temporary.

liz when i completed my tx in july 08, that was 1 of my ques to dr, im all better ???this is gone???thats it???i have type 2b i belive, he said ya just dont do anyof those things that go you here in the first place,,,,,:}elizabethnv1 wrote: For genotype 2's doing 24weeks of tx , the SVR rate is I believ 90% ...and for those that only treat 14weeks it is 84% Re: ok. why isn't it a cure? ack! i don't want to do this again. anyone have any info on svr for g2?

Not to worry Bob, they are just stating the folks they know of.

I have a friend that has had SVR for 15 years. Now to a old fart like me that is alot of years. LOL

You can remain and have SVR for the rest of your life.

That is if you follow the guidelines of not drinking alcohol.

Love

Janet

Frederick Faber

To: Hepatitis_C_Central Sent: Saturday, December 20, 2008 2:28:01 AMSubject: Re: ok. why isn't it a cure?

i was reading that you said the longest svr you knew of is 9 years. does that include those of us with gt2? it never occured to me this was most likely temporary.

So very proud of you.

Hugs

Janet

Frederick Faber

For genotype 2's doing 24weeks of tx , the SVR rate is I believ 90% ...and for those that only treat 14weeks it is 84%

[Hepatitis_C_ Central] Re: ok. why isn't it a cure?

I was thinking the same thing! I am g1A so I'm sure the stats are different. I

feel rather ignorant not discussing this with my Dr before I started tx. I just

assumed from the info that you either are " cured " or you weren't.

- Re: ok. why isn't it a cure?

i was reading that you said the longest svr you knew of is 9 years.

does that include those of us with gt2? it never occured to me this was

most likely temporary.

------------------------------------

It's a pleasure having you join in our conversations. We hope you have found the

support you need with us.

If you are using email for your posts, for easy access to our group, just click

the link-- http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Hepatitis_C_Central/

Happy Posting

That's right , healthy living which means no drug's no alcahol . But relapse happens no matter what sometimes , so the better you live the less chance .

Oh gosh no , treatment duration is longer for us and we have a much lower (70-80 %) SVR rateand allot of us relapse because of viral mutation . Geno 1's have the worse of it .

Re: ok. why isn't it a cure? i was reading that you said the longest svr you knew of is 9 years. does that include those of us with gt2? it never occured to me this was most likely temporary. ------------------------------------ It's a pleasure having you join in our conversations. We hope you have found the support you need with us. If you are using email for your posts, for easy access to our group, just click the link-- http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Hepatitis_C_Central/ Happy Posting

Some docs use the word Cured but most still dont.. they have found virus in cells elsewhere in the body after death so they still say there is no cure.. altho they say that if you dont relapse by 1 year after you stop treatment, your chances of relapse drop to 2-5 % and then after 2 years, its 1%,, so thats almost a cure but if you end up in that 1%, it would stink for sure..

Subject: Re: Re: ok. why isn't it a cure?To: "Hepatitis _C_Central" <Hepatitis_C_Central >Date: Saturday, December 20, 2008, 8:23 AM

I was thinking the same thing! I am g1A so I'm sure the stats are different. I feel rather ignorant not discussing this with my Dr before I started tx. I just assumed from the info that you either are "cured" or you weren't. - [Hepatitis_C_ Central] Re: ok. why isn't it a cure?i was reading that you said the longest svr you knew of is 9 years. does that include those of us with gt2? it never occured to me this was most likely temporary.------------ --------- --------- ------It's a pleasure having you join in our conversations. We hope you have found the support you need with us. If you are using email for your posts, for easy access to our group, just click the link-- http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/Hepatitis_ C_Central/Happy Posting