RemedySpot.com

Re: What are the dangers of a hep c pos. person getting...

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi,

The doctor sounds pretty uninformed - if proper precautions are taken, then there should be no reason not to continue with the relationship. Though there is proof that HIV and hepatitis B can be spread through herpes and body fluids, there is little information that hep c can be spread in this manner as well. It is spread through blood - and both partners would have to have open cuts or wounds for that to happen - as far as anyone has ever documented, although it is slightly possible through menstrual blood if an open wound is involved.

Genital herpes is caused by a virus - HHV-2 - it is one of 8 viruses in the herpes family that affect humans. HHV-1 cause cold sores, HHV-3 is herpes zoster and causes shingles (everyone who had chicken pox will test positive for this virus) There's also CMV, Epstein-Barr, as well as HHV 6, 7 and 8. Most of the population will test seropositive for at least one of these viruses. Perhaps his doctor is confused about this - the main reason that doctors do worry about any of these viruses, particularly CMV, is in the case of liver transplant, when one's immune system is a big factor. All of the herpes viruses can be transmitted through sexual contact - which is another reason to always use condoms in the case of new or multiple partners.

And I'm sorry to say, your friend might also be using this as an excuse to cut off the relationship in response to your revelation of your own HHV-2 status. If that's the case, you might be luckier without him.......On the other hand, he could just be freaked out by what the doctor did tell him - and what that doctor told him was flat out wrong. I'd be pretty upset as well and I'm sorry that this has happened to you.

Good luck,

Chris

He caught a cold-which turned into a severe sinus infection. When he went to his doctor he was told that dating me was a huge health risk to him and he could have severe complications. Since this happened, he has cut off all contact with me, telling me only once that he needs time to think. We were talking every day and seeing each other at least twice a week for over a month. I'm devastated, and very angry at the doctor who's only looking at the disease and not at 2 people who really like each other. One site has it all. Your email accounts, your social networks, and the things you love. Try the new AOL.com today!

Great reply Chris!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for doing the research and helping this young lady.

Love

Janet

"There are souls in this world that have the gift of finding joy everywhere and of leaving it behind them when they go"

Frederick Faber

To: Hepatitis_C_Central Sent: Friday, November 21, 2008 4:40:33 PMSubject: Re: What are the dangers of a hep c pos. person getting...

Hi,

The doctor sounds pretty uninformed - if proper precautions are taken, then there should be no reason not to continue with the relationship. Though there is proof that HIV and hepatitis B can be spread through herpes and body fluids, there is little information that hep c can be spread in this manner as well. It is spread through blood - and both partners would have to have open cuts or wounds for that to happen - as far as anyone has ever documented, although it is slightly possible through menstrual blood if an open wound is involved.

Genital herpes is caused by a virus - HHV-2 - it is one of 8 viruses in the herpes family that affect humans. HHV-1 cause cold sores, HHV-3 is herpes zoster and causes shingles (everyone who had chicken pox will test positive for this virus) There's also CMV, Epstein-Barr, as well as HHV 6, 7 and 8. Most of the population will test seropositive for at least one of these viruses. Perhaps his doctor is confused about this - the main reason that doctors do worry about any of these viruses, particularly CMV, is in the case of liver transplant, when one's immune system is a big factor. All of the herpes viruses can be transmitted through sexual contact - which is another reason to always use condoms in the case of new or multiple partners.

And I'm sorry to say, your friend might also be using this as an excuse to cut off the relationship in response to your revelation of your own HHV-2 status. If that's the case, you might be luckier without him.......On the other hand, he could just be freaked out by what the doctor did tell him - and what that doctor told him was flat out wrong. I'd be pretty upset as well and I'm sorry that this has happened to you.

Good luck,

Chris

In a message dated 11/21/2008 3:44:13 P.M. Central Standard Time, corenecarpenter@ yahoo.com writes:

He caught a cold-which turned into a severe sinus infection. When he went to his doctor he was told that dating me was a huge health risk to him and he could have severe complications. Since this happened, he has cut off all contact with me, telling me only once that he needs time to think. We were talking every day and seeing each other at least twice a week for over a month. I'm devastated, and very angry at the doctor who's only looking at the disease and not at 2 people who really like each other.

One site has it all. Your email accounts, your social networks, and the things you love. Try the new AOL.com today!