RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Passing the whine & cheese back to Don.getting good support

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Okay, I found this and it does mention pain. Especially in the legs and arms. I would go ahead and call my doctor about your hip pain.

Love

Janet

Headache, body aches, diarrhea, and irritation at the injection site may occur. If any of these effects persist or worsen, tell your doctor or pharmacist promptly. Remember that your doctor has prescribed this medication because he or she has judged that the benefit to you is greater than the risk of side effects. Many people using this medication do not have serious side effects. Epoetin alfa may sometimes cause or worsen high blood pressure, especially in patients with long-term kidney failure. This effect may be caused by the number of red blood cells increasing too quickly, usually within the first 3 months of starting treatment. If you have high blood pressure, it should be adequately controlled before beginning treatment with this medication. Your blood pressure should be checked frequently. Ask your doctor if you should learn how to monitor your own blood pressure. If high blood pressure develops or worsens, follow your doctor's instructions about diet changes and starting or adjusting your high blood pressure medication. Lowering high blood pressure helps prevent strokes, heart attacks, and further kidney problems. Keep all laboratory appointments to have your blood count (hemoglobin) tested regularly to reduce the chance of this side effect. Tell your doctor immediately if any of these unlikely but serious side effects occur: seizures, confusion, loss of consciousness. This medication may rarely cause blood clots. Seek immediate medical attention if you notice any of the following rare but very serious side effects: pain/redness/swelling/weakness of the arms or legs, calf pain/swelling that is warm to the touch, new/worsening shortness of breath, coughing up blood, sudden vision changes, slurred speech, weakness on one side of the body, sudden severe headache, chest/jaw/left arm pain, fainting, blood clots in your hemodialysis vascular access site. Rarely, this medication may suddenly stop working well after a period of time because your body may make antibodies that reduce the effectiveness of epoetin alfa, and a very serious anemia can result. Tell your doctor immediately if symptoms of anemia return (e.g., increased tiredness, low energy, pale skin color, shortness of breath). Though very unlikely to occur, this product may contain substances such as viruses that could cause infections because it contains albumin from human blood. Careful screening of blood donors, special manufacturing methods, and tests are all used to reduce this risk. Discuss the benefits and risks of treatment with your doctor. Tell your doctor immediately if you develop any signs of an infection (e.g., persistent fever/sore throat, increased tiredness, yellowing eyes/skin, dark urine). A very serious allergic reaction to this drug is rare. However, seek immediate medical attention if you notice any symptoms of a serious allergic reaction, including: rash, itching, swelling, severe dizziness, trouble breathing. This is not a complete list of possible side effects. If you notice other effects not listed above, contact your doctor or pharmacist. Contact your doctor for medical advice about side effects. The following numbers do not provide medical advice, but in the US you may report side effects to the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) at 1-800-FDA-1088. In Canada, you may call Health Canada at 1-.

"There are souls in this world that have the gift of finding joy everywhere and of leaving it behind them when they go"

Frederick Faber

To: Hepatitis_C_Central Sent: Friday, December 5, 2008 9:58:17 AMSubject: Re: Passing the whine & cheese back to Don.getting good support

You might want to call your doctor about that. I know I had read something about pain and procrit but my hepper brain is foggy this morning. I will do some research today on it and get back to you.But in the meantime give the doctor a call and make him aware of the pain. LoveJanet>> Has anyone had really bad bone pain in their hips? Since I had the Procrit monday it started and hurts to even touch, What the heck??

Thank you so much for answering. It is a little better today.

Subject: Re: Re: Passing the whine & cheese back to Don.getting good supportTo: Hepatitis_C_Central Date: Friday, December 5, 2008, 8:37 AM

Okay, I found this and it does mention pain. Especially in the legs and arms. I would go ahead and call my doctor about your hip pain. Love Janet Headache, body aches, diarrhea, and irritation at the injection site may occur. If any of these effects persist or worsen, tell your doctor or pharmacist promptly. Remember that your doctor has prescribed this medication because he or she has judged that the benefit to you is greater than the risk of side effects. Many people using this medication do not have serious side effects. Epoetin alfa may sometimes cause or worsen high blood pressure, especially in patients with long-term kidney failure. This effect may be caused by the number of red blood cells increasing too quickly, usually within the first 3 months of starting treatment. If you have high blood pressure, it should be adequately controlled before beginning treatment with this medication. Your blood pressure should be checked frequently. Ask your doctor if you should learn how to monitor your own blood pressure. If high blood pressure develops or worsens, follow your doctor's instructions about diet changes and starting or adjusting your high blood pressure medication. Lowering high blood pressure helps prevent strokes, heart attacks, and further kidney problems. Keep all laboratory appointments to have your blood count (hemoglobin) tested regularly to reduce the chance of this side effect. Tell your doctor immediately if any of these unlikely but serious side effects occur: seizures, confusion, loss of consciousness. This medication may rarely cause blood clots. Seek immediate medical attention if you notice any of the following rare but very serious side effects: pain/redness/ swelling/ weakness of the arms or legs, calf pain/swelling that is warm to the touch, new/worsening shortness of breath, coughing up blood, sudden vision changes, slurred speech, weakness on one side of the body, sudden severe headache, chest/jaw/left arm pain, fainting, blood clots in your hemodialysis vascular access site. Rarely, this medication may suddenly stop working well after a period of time because your body may make antibodies that reduce the effectiveness of epoetin alfa, and a very serious anemia can result. Tell your doctor immediately if symptoms of anemia return (e.g., increased tiredness, low energy, pale skin color, shortness of breath). Though very unlikely to occur, this product may contain substances such as viruses that could cause infections because it contains albumin from human blood. Careful screening of blood donors, special manufacturing methods, and tests are all used to reduce this risk. Discuss the benefits and risks of treatment with your doctor. Tell your doctor immediately if you develop any signs of an infection (e.g., persistent fever/sore throat, increased tiredness, yellowing eyes/skin, dark urine). A very serious allergic reaction to this drug is rare. However, seek immediate medical attention if you notice any symptoms of a serious allergic reaction, including: rash, itching, swelling, severe dizziness, trouble breathing. This is not a complete list of possible side effects. If you notice other effects not listed above, contact your doctor or pharmacist. Contact your doctor for medical advice about side effects. The following numbers do not provide medical advice, but in the US you may report side effects to the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) at 1-800-FDA-1088. In Canada, you may call Health Canada at 1-.

"There are souls in this world that have the gift of finding joy everywhere and of leaving it behind them when they go"

Frederick Faber

From: Janet <doc_jadeyahoo (DOT) com>To: Hepatitis_C_ Central@yahoogro ups.comSent: Friday, December 5, 2008 9:58:17 AMSubject: [Hepatitis_C_ Central] Re: Passing the whine & cheese back to Don.getting good support

You might want to call your doctor about that. I know I had read something about pain and procrit but my hepper brain is foggy this morning. I will do some research today on it and get back to you.But in the meantime give the doctor a call and make him aware of the pain. LoveJanet>> Has anyone had really bad bone pain in their hips? Since I had the Procrit monday it started and hurts to even touch, What the heck??