RemedySpot.com

Re: Female Subject

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Sara,

Happy holidays to everyone! Today is my 8 week shot :) Sara I got my period about 2 weeks ago. I had not had one in 2 years and have been through menopause. I was surprised. My doctor wanted me to see my OBGYN but by the time I was going to make an apt it stopped. A nurse told me it is the medicine messing with my hormones. I am still really tired. I could lay on the couch all day every day....is that normal for everyone?

I also have big legs and stomach and am guessing its from the cirrhosis. Will it go away when I complete treatment? It really bothers me. Feedback would be appreciated.

My doctor told me I have at this moment 20% use of my liver and with the treatment working this is as good as it will get.

Love

Subject: Female SubjectTo: Hepatitis_C_Central Date: Friday, December 26, 2008, 1:37 PM

I am on week 25 of treatment and my periods have gradually lengthened in duration. My period today stands at 17 days and going. Last month it was 13 days with 19 days in between. I know this is not good. I am wondering if anyone else has had this trouble and it there is a way to stop it. I sure wouldnt want to have to stop treatment because of it. Thanks for all your help.Sara

Hi Sara,

I did my 16th shot today and I have not been regular since starting birth

control with this tx. I have even seen a gyn who changed my pills twice- my GI

suggested that it could be from being anemic. It's been a pain. I am also per

labs, mid-menpausal and cannot have children anyway (I adopted my six). I keep

joking with my Dr that my body doesn't know what it's doing and feeling like I

do, I'm not exactly in the mood for that kind of fun.

Amber

- Female Subject

I am on week 25 of treatment and my periods have gradually lengthened

in duration. My period today stands at 17 days and going. Last month

it was 13 days with 19 days in between. I know this is not good. I am

wondering if anyone else has had this trouble and it there is a way to

stop it. I sure wouldnt want to have to stop treatment because of it.

Thanks for all your help.

Sara

------------------------------------

It's a pleasure having you join in our conversations. We hope you have found the

support you need with us.

If you are using email for your posts, for easy access to our group, just click

the link-- http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Hepatitis_C_Central/

Happy Posting

Hi ladies

From what I've read and heard, many of us enter menopause early, not sure why but I started menopause when I was 44 years old and havent had a period in 8 years this last june. But I found out that I was born with only kidney, one ovary and fallopian tube so that may be why I started so early.. or it may be from the virus too, as I said, I've heard that those of us with this virus tend to go through menopause earlier than those without the virus.

I would still see an ob/gyn to follow up to make sure that your ok since you started bleeding again, just to make sure that there isnt something else going on in there besides the hormonal disturbance..

just my 2 cents,,

hugs,

jax

Subject: [Hepatitis_C_ Central] Female SubjectTo: Hepatitis_C_ Central@yahoogro ups.comDate: Friday, December 26, 2008, 1:37 PM

I am on week 25 of treatment and my periods have gradually lengthened in duration. My period today stands at 17 days and going. Last month it was 13 days with 19 days in between. I know this is not good. I am wondering if anyone else has had this trouble and it there is a way to stop it. I sure wouldnt want to have to stop treatment because of it. Thanks for all your help.Sara

you are bleeding 17 days? You need to see your gynecologist hon,, this is not normal and it could lead to really bad anemia too!

Subject: Female SubjectTo: Hepatitis_C_Central Date: Friday, December 26, 2008, 1:37 PM

Happy Holidays to you too!I'm on week 16 and as you see I'm using my blackberry, I used to spend hrs at the computer. I use one at work and will occasionally use mine at home, but most is with BB from the couch . I used to have tons of energy, taking care of my kids', the house and lots of community service activities. Now I lounge a lot, have to take breaks all day long to clean and do laundry. I think I was less active in the beginning of tx. I'm doing more activities now, I just tire quicker. I do know that if I over do it one day, I pay for it the next. I've learned to "listen" to my body and rest as needed. I think there are so many variables to response to tx. Our health at tx time, geno type, damage to our livers and just our personalities. Here's hoping to a healthy Happy New Year filled with light and energy.From one lazy chick,AmberAmberSent via BlackBerry by AT&TFrom: Elder Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2008 18:20:09 -0800 (PST)To: <Hepatitis_C_Central >Subject: Re: Female Subject Hi Sara, Happy holidays to everyone! Today is my 8 week shot :) Sara I got my period about 2 weeks ago. I had not had one in 2 years and have been through menopause. I was surprised. My doctor wanted me to see my OBGYN but by the time I was going to make an apt it stopped. A nurse told me it is the medicine messing with my hormones. I am still really tired. I could lay on the couch all day every day....is that normal for everyone?I also have big legs and stomach and am guessing its from the cirrhosis. Will it go away when I complete treatment? It really bothers me. Feedback would be appreciated.My doctor told me I have at this moment 20% use of my liver and with the treatment working this is as good as it will get. Love Subject: Female SubjectTo: Hepatitis_C_Central Date: Friday, December 26, 2008, 1:37 PMI am on week 25 of treatment and my periods have gradually lengthened in duration. My period today stands at 17 days and going. Last month it was 13 days with 19 days in between. I know this is not good. I am wondering if anyone else has had this trouble and it there is a way to stop it. I sure wouldnt want to have to stop treatment because of it. Thanks for all your help.Sara

agree totally with you on that.

Love

Janet

"There are souls in this world that have the gift of finding joy everywhere and of leaving it behind them when they go"

Frederick Faber

Subject: [Hepatitis_C_ Central] Female SubjectTo: Hepatitis_C_ Central@yahoogro ups.comDate: Friday, December 26, 2008, 1:37 PM

i had the same problem the lat month of my treatment, it was awfull the pain and bleeding was terrible i went from 3 days to 12 , i was actually on the floor in pain passing clompos of blood, i told gi dr they were concerned because fo possibilities of anemia etc....went to gyn dr had exzam and some othr type of exzam with a scope f something and it just went away, as weird as it may sound i ended my hep tx in july the bleeding prob starting in july november the heavy bleeding and number of days went back to normal..........oh and 1 more than , my hair is full and back to life again thats another prob i had clumps of hair i was loosing , just limp now my hair is wavy and lively again,,,,,,, Elder wrote: Hi Sara, Happy holidays to everyone! Today is my 8 week shot :) Sara I got my period about 2 weeks ago. I had not had one in 2 years and have been through menopause. I was surprised. My doctor wanted me to see my OBGYN but by the time I was going to make an apt it stopped. A nurse told me it is the medicine messing with my hormones. I am still really tired. I could lay on the couch all day every day....is that normal for everyone? I also have big legs and stomach and am guessing its from the cirrhosis. Will it go away when I complete treatment? It really bothers me. Feedback

would be appreciated. My doctor told me I have at this moment 20% use of my liver and with the treatment working this is as good as it will get. Love Subject: Female SubjectTo: Hepatitis_C_Central Date: Friday, December 26, 2008, 1:37 PM I am on week 25 of treatment and my periods have gradually lengthened in duration. My period today stands at 17 days and going. Last month it was 13 days with 19 days in between. I know this is not good. I am wondering if anyone else has had this trouble and it there is a way to stop it. I sure wouldnt want to have to stop treatment because of it. Thanks

for all your help.Sara

Sara,

How old are you honey??

Luv

anne

You don't have to be handicapped to be different.

Everybody's different!

Kim Peek

Female Subject

>I am on week 25 of treatment and my periods have gradually lengthened

> in duration. My period today stands at 17 days and going. Last month

> it was 13 days with 19 days in between. I know this is not good. I am

> wondering if anyone else has had this trouble and it there is a way to

> stop it. I sure wouldnt want to have to stop treatment because of it.

> Thanks for all your help.

> Sara

>

>

> ------------------------------------

>

> It's a pleasure having you join in our conversations. We hope you have

> found the support you need with us.

>

> If you are using email for your posts, for easy access to our group, just

> click the link-- http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Hepatitis_C_Central/

>

> Happy Posting

It's funny that I read this today because even though I started my

depo shot for birth control, which my doctor told me would take my

periods away, I have got it again. She said I would just spot, but

I've been doing more than spotting for the last week or so. If it

doesn't stop by New Year's, I'm calling the doctor.

I stopped having my period a year and a half before my transplant,

and before that I only got it about three times a year for a couple

of years. Then about three months after the transplant, my period

started again regularly. I wasn't happy about getting it again, but

the doctors said that meant I had a healthy new liver again. That's

the only part I didn't like about getting a transplant. I am happy

not to have a period at all.

I had my fourth shot Tuesday, and I was doing fine with no side

effects, until Christmas Eve. We went to my brother n law's house

even though I was very tired, and afterwards, I got a horrible

headache. I've had a bad headache every night since. It didn't

interfere with Christmas day, just came back again at night. This

morning I woke up with one too. They go away, but I've been having

them every night or early morning since Wednesday.

Penny

>

>

> Subject: [Hepatitis_C_ Central] Female Subject

> To: Hepatitis_C_ Central@yahoogro ups.com

> Date: Friday, December 26, 2008, 1:37 PM

>

>

>

>

> I am on week 25 of treatment and my periods have gradually

lengthened

> in duration. My period today stands at 17 days and going. Last

month

> it was 13 days with 19 days in between. I know this is not good. I

am

> wondering if anyone else has had this trouble and it there is a way

to

> stop it. I sure wouldnt want to have to stop treatment because of

it.

> Sara

>

isnt it great to have your hair back? I know I missed mine and now its long and full again!

How much hair did ya'll loose and how far into tx? AmberSent via BlackBerry by AT&TFrom: Jackie on Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2008 15:43:48 -0800 (PST)To: <Hepatitis_C_Central >Subject: Re: Female Subject isnt it great to have your hair back? I know I missed mine and now its long and full again!Subject: [Hepatitis_C_ Central] Female SubjectTo: Hepatitis_C_ Central@yahoogro ups.comDate: Friday, December 26, 2008, 1:37 PMI am on week 25 of treatment and my periods have gradually lengthened in duration. My period today stands at 17 days and going. Last month it was 13 days with 19 days in between. I know this is not good. I am wondering if anyone else has had this trouble and it there is a way to stop it. I sure wouldnt want to have to stop treatment because of it. Thanks for all your help.Sara

well for me i started maybe 2 months into treatment it was mostly in the back on top, every time i shpwered hand fulls would come out, and i stopped combing/brushing my hair for days at a time cause hair would come out, or if i just ran my fingers thru my hair it woul come out but as i said it stopped a couple of months after i ended my treatment. and now i actually can blow dry my nice wavy full hair i allways had,amberkesterson@... wrote: How much hair did ya'll loose and how far into tx? Amber Sent via

BlackBerry by AT & T From: Jackie on Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2008 15:43:48 -0800 (PST)To: <Hepatitis_C_Central >Subject: Re: Female Subject isnt it great to have your hair back? I know I missed mine and now its long and full again! Subject: [Hepatitis_C_ Central] Female SubjectTo: Hepatitis_C_ Central@yahoogro ups.comDate: Friday, December 26, 2008, 1:37 PM I am on week 25 of treatment and my periods have gradually lengthened in duration. My period today stands at 17 days and going. Last month it was 13 days with 19 days in between. I know this is not good. I am wondering if anyone else has had this trouble and it there is a way to stop it. I sure wouldnt want to have to stop treatment because of it. Thanks for all your help.Sara

oh I can relate to that,, but 'NORMAL" hair loss is about 100 hairs per day and that really is alot,, or it looks like a lot, but mine kept thinning so badly that I first cut it short but then when I could no longer do anything with it and it was so thin that you could see through it all the way to my scalp, I went and bought a wig and had my step son's girlfriend shave it off,, we put the shortest guide on the clippers and off it all came.. When we were going out, I'd put the wig on but when we were home, I'd go without it because it was itchy.. but now its long, almost to my waist and is back nearly as thick as it ever was.. so just remember that it will come back and it WILL be as lovely as it was before you started tx!

hugs

jax

Jackie, that must be beautiful, to have hair that long. You are sooooo lucky.

love

don in kansas

Thanks Don,

Here is the most recent pic we had taken for the directory at our church.. it doesnt show really how long my hair is, but it is long, lol,

Hope you had a wonderful christmas Don,, and that everyone else did to

Jackie you have a head of hair alright. Like a waterfall. Beautiful. I love long

hair on men or wemon. Mine is down to my shoulder blades, and in front my beard

comes down to the middle of my chest. Some ppl call me the wizard of oz. lol

Yes my Christmas was just me and my 4 walls. Didnt see a soul, and stayed in

bed. Heps got me too tired for much, but I dont feel bad.

I hope your Christmas went well, and Santa brought you lots of goodies.

love

don in kansas

>

>

> Subject: [Hepatitis_C_ Central] Female Subject

> To: Hepatitis_C_ Central@yahoogro ups.com

> Date: Friday, December 26, 2008, 1:37 PM

>

>

>

>

> I am on week 25 of treatment and my periods have

> gradually lengthened

> in duration. My period today stands at 17 days and going.

> Last month

> it was 13 days with 19 days in between. I know this is not

> good. I am

> wondering if anyone else has had this trouble and it there

> is a way to

> stop it. I sure wouldnt want to have to stop treatment

> because of it.

> Sara

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

mine was long and full.

I moved to San in the middle of summer. And off it went.

It is boy short now. LOL

But curly as ever. It went straight during treatment. I thought I would never get my curly hair back. But got all my curls.

Love

Janet

"There are souls in this world that have the gift of finding joy everywhere and of leaving it behind them when they go"

Frederick Faber

My hair got really thin. Had to do some creative hair styling.

Never completely lost it, But did cut it really short, so that I could do more with it.

Changed my bangs from the right side to the left side, to cover the

thin spot.

Love

Janet

Frederick Faber

Thank you Dahlin,,

why dont you post your pic,, I think we ALL should post pics so that we can put faces with names.. Thank you for the compliment hon..

We had a wonderful Christmas for the most part. WE decided that there would be no gifts this year, all our family have had a 'financiallly tight' year so we decided that Christmas was going to be about just being together, having a nice meal, we played Yahtzee and ate ourselves silly.. but it was a great day. My deceased fathers old room mate from the nursing home came over to eat as he has no family here and we just refuse to let him be in the nursing home on Christmas, he's come here every year for the past 3 years. My mom was here, my daughter, her boyfriend and his son and good friend were here.. We were missing my son and his kids, my hubby's son and daughter and their kids, so it was small but still very nice. WE did however talk with everyone via phone on Christmas.

I understand about the hep keeping you in bed. The fatigue it causes really stinks! If you'd been closer to us, you'd have had your butt dragged out of bed and brought over for a meal.

I'm betting that next Christmas will be a much better one hon than this one was. By next year, you will have met some new friends and will have christmas with them,, thats what I bet! lol,,

So post your pic, I would love to see your long hair and your long beard!

hugs sweetie,

jackie > > > Subject: [Hepatitis_C_ Central] Female Subject> To: Hepatitis_C_ Central@yahoogro ups.com> Date: Friday, December 26, 2008, 1:37 PM> > > > > I am on week 25 of treatment and my periods have> gradually lengthened > in duration. My period today stands at 17 days and going.> Last month > it was 13 days with 19 days in between. I know this is not> good. I am > wondering if anyone else has had this trouble and it there> is a way to > stop it. I sure wouldnt want to have to stop treatment> because of it. > Thanks for all your help.> Sara> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

Two weeks into my treatment I started loosing my hair by the clumps, I've always had long hair but it is very baby fine so it is thin to begin with. I did get it cut to my shoulders since the ends started looking like straw hanging on my head. After I am done treatment I know it will grow back, hopefully thicker than it was before. I can only hope.

I am glad not to have to deal with getting my periods on top of the treatment. Last year I had to have a complete Hysterectomy, the reason for the hysterectomy, I had severe endometreosis.

I have some other good news, my procrit is due in sometime tomorrow. I am a little nervous but excited at the same time. I get bloodwork done today again, to see if my red cells have dropped any more. They were down to 9.3 two weeks ago. I run out of energy faster than I used to. I don't push myself either. When I am tired I will lay down and rest. I do what I feel I can do in a day. Tomorrow is another day to get house work or what ever else done. My main priority is to get through a full day at my job.

Tracey

i had janet with her kindness posts in the members photo album some pics of me before ,during and aftet treatment , i thought it would be helpfull to see me, my face , duting thet treamtent,i my self gonna go see, what it looks like , visual remindeerTracey Fenley wrote: Two weeks into my treatment I started loosing my hair by the clumps, I've always had long hair but it is very baby fine so it is thin to begin with. I did get

it cut to my shoulders since the ends started looking like straw hanging on my head. After I am done treatment I know it will grow back, hopefully thicker than it was before. I can only hope. I am glad not to have to deal with getting my periods on top of the treatment. Last year I had to have a complete Hysterectomy, the reason for the hysterectomy, I had severe endometreosis. I have some other good news, my procrit is due in sometime tomorrow. I am a little nervous but excited at the same time. I get bloodwork done today again, to see if my red cells have dropped any more. They were down to 9.3 two weeks ago. I run out of energy faster than I used to. I don't push myself either. When I am tired I will lay down and rest. I do what I feel I can do in a day. Tomorrow is another day to get house work or what ever else done. My main priority is to get through a full day at my job. Tracey

here is a picture of me 2 years ago at my 50th birthday party. I will send a current one. They are quite different :(

> > > Subject: [Hepatitis_C_ Central] Female Subject> To: Hepatitis_C_ Central@yahoogro ups.com> Date: Friday,

December 26, 2008, 1:37 PM> > > > > I am on week 25 of treatment and my periods have> gradually lengthened > in duration. My period today stands at 17 days and going.> Last month > it was 13 days with 19 days in between. I know this is not> good. I am > wondering if anyone else has had this trouble and it there> is a way to > stop it. I sure wouldnt want to have to stop treatment> because of it. > Thanks for all your help.> Sara> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

I like to gamble and this was taken when I won a jackpot out in Palm Springs California about 4 months ago. It was right before I started treatment. I blew up like a balloon.

Two weeks into my treatment I started loosing my hair by the clumps, I've always had long hair but it is very baby fine so it is thin to begin with. I did get it cut to my shoulders since the ends started looking like straw hanging on my head. After I am done treatment I know it will grow back, hopefully thicker than it was before. I can only hope.

I am glad not to have to deal with getting my periods on top of the treatment. Last year I had to have a complete Hysterectomy, the reason for the hysterectomy, I had severe endometreosis.

I have some other good news, my procrit is due in sometime tomorrow. I am a little nervous but excited at the same time. I get bloodwork done today again, to see if my red cells have dropped any more. They were down to 9.3 two weeks ago. I run out of energy faster than I used to. I don't push myself either. When I am tired I will lay down and rest. I do what I feel I can do in a day. Tomorrow is another day to get house work or what ever else done. My main priority is to get through a full day at my job.

Tracey

WHOA ,, you're a knockout! You should post this on the website!!> > > Subject: [Hepatitis_C_ Central] Female Subject> To: Hepatitis_C_ Central@yahoogro ups.com> Date: Friday,

December 26, 2008, 1:37 PM> > > > > I am on week 25 of treatment and my periods have> gradually lengthened > in duration. My period today stands at 17 days and going.> Last month > it was 13 days with 19 days in between. I know this is not> good. I am > wondering if anyone else has had this trouble and it there> is a way to > stop it. I sure wouldnt want to have to stop treatment> because of it. > Thanks for all your help.> Sara> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

I saw them hon,, you looked really tired during your treatment,, I could see that you felt exactly as I did while on tx,, IM glad its all behind you now,,

you looked great too!!!!

hugs,

jax

Tracey