RemedySpot.com

Re: headaches/migraines

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I started having migraines shortly after I was diagnosed with hep c back in 83 , and have had them since . I had them before treatment during treatment and still to this day have them . But they have a great medication for them called imitrex lol

headaches/migraines

As I am considering the interferon treatment. My biggest worry is migraine and headache as a side effect of the treatment. I think someone said that headache and nigraine is a big part of the treatment or is it a symptom of the hep C becase I have had migraines for 42 years and chronic daily headache for 25 years.Who has headaches/migraines? and when do you have them? before Hep C? during treatment for hep C? after treatment for hep C? When I joined this Forum¿?Tita is real interested in the milk thistle and diet approach but is real upset that I am waffling about the interferon treatment.Thank you in advance for your atention and advise.Especially you are a jewel

But if you have cardiac issues imitrex is contraindicated , but there are other meds to help . I take a preventive medication called atenolol it is also used for high blood pressure , I have to admit that it has cut down the migraines .

headaches/migraines

As I am considering the interferon treatment. My biggest worry is migraine and headache as a side effect of the treatment. I think someone said that headache and nigraine is a big part of the treatment or is it a symptom of the hep C becase I have had migraines for 42 years and chronic daily headache for 25 years.Who has headaches/migraines? and when do you have them? before Hep C? during treatment for hep C? after treatment for hep C? When I joined this Forum¿?Tita is real interested in the milk thistle and diet approach but is real upset that I am waffling about the interferon treatment.Thank you in advance for your atention and advise.Especially you are a jewel

Welcome ,

I have had migraines in the past but none since I started tx 15 wks ago. I did

get head aches. The best I can describe how I felt in the beginning of tx was

like having the flu - aches and pains and a hangover all at once. Head ache,

some nausea, just felt ucky. Today I feel really good but kind of week. But

that is due to my blood counts so that will go in time, too.

Amber

Sent via BlackBerry by AT & T

headaches/migraines

As I am considering the interferon treatment. My biggest worry is

migraine and headache as a side effect of the treatment. I think

someone said that headache and nigraine is a big part of the treatment

or is it a symptom of the hep C becase I have had migraines for 42

years and chronic daily headache for 25 years.

Who has headaches/migraines? and when do you have them? before Hep C?

during treatment for hep C? after treatment for hep C? When I joined

this Forum¿?

Tita is real interested in the milk thistle and diet approach but is

real upset that I am waffling about the interferon treatment.

Thank you in advance for your atention and advise.Especially

you are a jewel

------------------------------------

It's a pleasure having you join in our conversations. We hope you have found the

support you need with us.

If you are using email for your posts, for easy access to our group, just click

the link-- http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Hepatitis_C_Central/

Happy Posting

Hi,

I've had migraines for about 20 years now, and I just started

treatment 3 weeks ago. Will do third shot tonight. Bad migraines

was one reason I was very afraid of doing treatment, but so far I've

only had two headaches that haven't been too bad. I had a small one

just yesterday. So far, I'm not having any more headaches than I had

before starting the treatment.

Penny

>

> As I am considering the interferon treatment. My biggest worry is

> migraine and headache as a side effect of the treatment. I think

> someone said that headache and nigraine is a big part of the

treatment

> or is it a symptom of the hep C becase I have had migraines for 42

> years and chronic daily headache for 25 years.

>

> Who has headaches/migraines? and when do you have them? before Hep

C?

> during treatment for hep C? after treatment for hep C? When I

> this Forum¿?

>

> Tita is real interested in the milk thistle and diet approach but

is

> real upset that I am waffling about the interferon treatment.

>

> Thank you in advance for your atention and advise.Especially

> you are a jewel

>

I too take a preventative med to cut down on the migraines. I take

Nadolol. It is also used for high blood pressure.

My cat takes Atenolol because she has a heart murmur.

Penny

>

> But if you have cardiac issues imitrex is contraindicated , but

there are other meds to help . I take a preventive medication called

atenolol it is also used for high blood pressure , I have to admit

that it has cut down the migraines .

> headaches/migraines

>

>

> As I am considering the interferon treatment. My biggest worry is

> migraine and headache as a side effect of the treatment. I think

> someone said that headache and nigraine is a big part of the

treatment

> or is it a symptom of the hep C becase I have had migraines for

> years and chronic daily headache for 25 years.

>

> Who has headaches/migraines? and when do you have them? before

Hep C?

> during treatment for hep C? after treatment for hep C? When I

> this Forum¿?

>

> Tita is real interested in the milk thistle and diet approach but

is

> real upset that I am waffling about the interferon treatment.

>

> Thank you in advance for your atention and advise.Especially

> you are a jewel

>

Hahaha your cat ? I am glad to see I am not the only cat fanatic here . My hubby if left with the decision to prolong a pets life wouldn't but I am all for the health of the animal . I have I think 8 or 9 furry kitties in my home . I lose count tho cause they all live in seperate parts of the house. I am gonna check on that med nadolol , cause atenolo doesn't always work for me .

headaches/migraines> > > As I am considering the interferon treatment. My biggest worry is > migraine and headache as a side effect of the treatment. I think > someone said that headache and nigraine is a big part of the treatment > or is it a symptom of the hep C becase I have had migraines for 42 > years and chronic daily headache for 25 years.> > Who has headaches/migraines? and when do you have them? before Hep C? > during treatment for hep C? after treatment for hep C? When I joined > this Forum¿?> > Tita is real interested in the milk thistle and diet approach but is > real upset that I am waffling about the interferon treatment.> > Thank you in advance for your atention and advise.Especially > you are a jewel>

No Liz, you are not the only one with furry friends. worked tirelessly with New Orleans pet rescue during Katrina, was written up in the paper there for her work getting two kittens out of a wall and is currently keeping and tending a kitty that has a severely injured eye, in additon to her own 10 kitties. That kitty goes into surgery tomorrow. She is a fierce and active advocate of animal rights and human rights. I, also, have 12 kitties, one HIV+ and one diabetic, in addition to a 3lb 1oz puppy left in my yard last year, who is now a 50 lb hound dog.

She also worked tirelessly researching for this forum.She was always supportive of those on conventional treatment, while pursuing alternatives for herself and those who could not treat or failed treatment. She has been an intensely supportive friend and I love her dearly. I am so sorry she is no longer a guest here. I will miss her.

Sincerely, SuziQ

Subject: Re: Re: headaches/migrainesTo: Hepatitis_C_Central Date: Tuesday, December 16, 2008, 4:16 PM

Hahaha your cat ? I am glad to see I am not the only cat fanatic here . My hubby if left with the decision to prolong a pets life wouldn't but I am all for the health of the animal . I have I think 8 or 9 furry kitties in my home . I lose count tho cause they all live in seperate parts of the house. I am gonna check on that med nadolol , cause atenolo doesn't always work for me .

[Hepatitis_C_ Central] Re: headaches/migraines

I too take a preventative med to cut down on the migraines. I take Nadolol. It is also used for high blood pressure.My cat takes Atenolol because she has a heart murmur.>