RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Question on HCV Negative status/Jackie

Rate this topic

Guest guest

well I certainly dont understand it .. maybe Liz can give you some answers.. I dunno

Subject: Re: Question on HCV Negative status/JackieTo: Hepatitis_C_Central Date: Saturday, December 20, 2008, 3:18 PM

Thanks but thats is not what they are saying :( The Mayo Lab and Labcorp both used the HCV/RNA PCR Analyte Specific Reagents Tagman test. Both came back with a <10. The only difference is Labcorp calls it a negative and Mayo calls it a positive. So confused :(>> ,> you will always test pos for hep c antibodies but that does not mean you have a viral load.. The heptimax test is able to test for virus down to 2-5 iu/ml and is the lowest test available today.. but Im wondering if the nurse has given you conflicting info or something.. If you test negative for viral load with heptimax, you

are undetecible, but you will always test pos for the antibodies.. > Im hoping that I UNDERSTOOD you correctly... > hugs> jax> > >

Here is an article I found about this exact testing and while I dont totally understand it, maybe someone else can,, here is the url :

http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?artid=497598---

Subject: Re: Re: Question on HCV Negative status/JackieTo: Hepatitis_C_Central Date: Saturday, December 20, 2008, 7:01 PM

well I certainly dont understand it .. maybe Liz can give you some answers.. I dunno

From: <gremlin291989@ yahoo.com>Subject: [Hepatitis_C_ Central] Re: Question on HCV Negative status/JackieTo: Hepatitis_C_ Central@yahoogro ups.comDate: Saturday, December 20, 2008, 3:18 PM

Thanks but thats is not what they are saying :( The Mayo Lab and Labcorp both used the HCV/RNA PCR Analyte Specific Reagents Tagman test. Both came back with a <10. The only difference is Labcorp calls it a negative and Mayo calls it a positive. So confused :(>> ,> you will always test pos for hep c antibodies but that does not mean you have a viral load.. The heptimax test is able to test for virus down to 2-5 iu/ml and is the lowest test available today.. but Im wondering if the nurse has given you conflicting info or something.. If you test negative for viral load with heptimax, you are undetecible, but you will always test pos for the

antibodies.. > Im hoping that I UNDERSTOOD you correctly... > hugs> jax> > >

Gimme til about 1am to research this one , I just got home from xmas shopping and I still have to go eat and grab my daughter from work at midnight ....I will check this one out a lil later " I soooo tired"

Re: Question on HCV Negative status/JackieTo: Hepatitis_C_Central Date: Saturday, December 20, 2008, 3:18 PM

Thanks but thats is not what they are saying :( The Mayo Lab and Labcorp both used the HCV/RNA PCR Analyte Specific Reagents Tagman test. Both came back with a <10. The only difference is Labcorp calls it a negative and Mayo calls it a positive. So confused :(>> ,> you will always test pos for hep c antibodies but that does not mean you have a viral load.. The heptimax test is able to test for virus down to 2-5 iu/ml and is the lowest test available today.. but Im wondering if the nurse has given you conflicting info or something.. If you test negative for viral load with heptimax, you are undetecible, but you will always test pos for the antibodies.. > Im hoping that I UNDERSTOOD you correctly... > hugs> jax> > >

thats fine liz,, you can wait until tomorrow too if you are too tired tonite,,

From: <gremlin291989@ yahoo.com>Subject: [Hepatitis_C_ Central] Re: Question on HCV Negative status/JackieTo: Hepatitis_C_ Central@yahoogro ups.comDate: Saturday, December 20, 2008, 3:18 PM

Thanks but thats is not what they are saying :( The Mayo Lab and Labcorp both used the HCV/RNA PCR Analyte Specific Reagents Tagman test. Both came back with a <10. The only difference is Labcorp calls it a negative and Mayo calls it a positive. So confused :(>> ,> you will always test pos for hep c antibodies but that does not mean you have a viral load.. The heptimax test is able to test for virus down to 2-5 iu/ml and is the lowest test available today.. but Im wondering if the nurse has given you conflicting info or something.. If you test negative for viral load with heptimax, you are undetecible, but you will always test pos for the

antibodies.. > Im hoping that I UNDERSTOOD you correctly... > hugs> jax> > >

ty ty ty , we are headed out again to eat ... luv ya all nite all

[Hepatitis_C_ Central] Re: Question on HCV Negative status/JackieTo: Hepatitis_C_ Central@yahoogro ups.comDate: Saturday, December 20, 2008, 3:18 PM

Thanks but thats is not what they are saying :( The Mayo Lab and Labcorp both used the HCV/RNA PCR Analyte Specific Reagents Tagman test. Both came back with a <10. The only difference is Labcorp calls it a negative and Mayo calls it a positive. So confused :(>> ,> you will always test pos for hep c antibodies but that does not mean you have a viral load.. The heptimax test is able to test for virus down to 2-5 iu/ml and is the lowest test available today.. but Im wondering if the nurse has given you conflicting info or something.. If you test negative for viral load with heptimax, you are undetecible, but you will always test pos for the antibodies.. > Im hoping that I UNDERSTOOD you correctly... > hugs> jax> > >