RemedySpot.com

Re: i don't think I have outgoing Internet service

Rate this topic

Guest guest

We are getting your messages. A number of people on the forum have gone thru Soc Security disability and many have used attorneys to help. Maybe some of those people could help Tony. I was already 64 when I got diagnosed, so my soc security was just for my old age---and I was not sick. If an attorney represents you, you MAY be spared trips. This is out of my area of knowledge. Hopefully, some others with actual experience with SS disability will respond.

Cheers, SuziQ

Quinn

In the swamp in secluded recesses, a shy and hidden bird is warbling a song. Walt Whitman

Subject: i don't think I have outgoing Internet serviceTo: Hepatitis_C_Central Date: Wednesday, December 17, 2008, 8:31 AM

I can receive the forum but i don't think that i can send a comment. I am trying to see if i can. We are having money problems because i can't work. I am trying to get disabilityfrom the USA Social security, but I will have to travel 7 hours by bus to matamoros which is on the Mexican side of Brownsville Texas.pesoless Tony in Mexico

Reading you loud and clear.

Hope everything will go great for you with SS.

Love

Janet

"There are souls in this world that have the gift of finding joy everywhere and of leaving it behind them when they go"

Frederick Faber

Subject: i don't think I have outgoing Internet serviceTo: Hepatitis_C_Central Date: Wednesday, December 17, 2008, 8:31 AM

I can receive the forum but i don't think that i can send a comment. I am trying to see if i can. We are having money problems because i can't work. I am trying to get disabilityfrom the USA Social security, but I will have to travel 7 hours by bus to matamoros which is on the Mexican side of Brownsville Texas.pesoless Tony in Mexico

Hey, Tony! Welcome to the group. Your post is loud and clear. I've been

on Social Security Disability (SSD) since I was 60. I did use a lawyer

group which specializes in this use, although I never needed them.

First, you should talk to an SSD advisor, who can walk you through the

steps. Very helpful. My wife did most of the talking, as I was very

weak, and it also told SSD that I was truly disabled. My advisor told

me to emphasize the mental aspects of disability as well as the

physical. SO VERY IMPORTANT, so do this in the beginning! I got my

benefits on the first try, including medicare and a good lump sum

payment for back months allowed. The main thing you have to do is to

list all your ailments associated with HCV, including whatever mental

problems (lack of sleep and concentration, depression, lack of ability

to focus, etc). I never had to go to a one on one interview. I did it

all by phone, including the interview. You should have your Doctors

names, addresses and phone numbers also. You've got to be able to

verify your problems. Good luck, and welcome to the group!

>

> I can receive the forum but i don't think that i can send a comment.

I

> am trying to see if i can. We are having money problems because i

can't

> work. I am trying to get disabilityfrom the USA Social security, but

I

> will have to travel 7 hours by bus to matamoros which is on the

Mexican

> side of Brownsville Texas.

>

> pesoless Tony in Mexico

>

I tried to do all the process in October. I went to Kansas, my Mother was celebrating here 80th birthday. they set me

up with an appt for a case worker by phone but he said that since I live outside the US I have to do it through a consul or an embassy.

Our closest embassy is in Matamoros in the same state where I live. right now my phone service has been cut off because we haven't paid the bill.

I have limited internet service. but in a few weeks we will be solvent once again and we can call the embassy and see if we can do the process on the phone or if I have to go there and present my documents.

Thank you for the information that you gave me. I have many health issues and someone else told me that I should focus on the ones that are fatal or likely to be fatal. I hope that I can get it. My wife's business has been paying the bills but she has been struggling lately. I can see the pressure of her full time job, plus taking care of me, beginnning to take its toll on her

Tony Carlson

Sunt Lacrimae Rerum... Virgil

To: Hepatitis_C_Central Sent: Wednesday, December 17, 2008 3:42:03 PMSubject: Re: i don't think I have outgoing Internet service

Hey, Tony! Welcome to the group. Your post is loud and clear. I've been on Social Security Disability (SSD) since I was 60. I did use a lawyer group which specializes in this use, although I never needed them. First, you should talk to an SSD advisor, who can walk you through the steps. Very helpful. My wife did most of the talking, as I was very weak, and it also told SSD that I was truly disabled. My advisor told me to emphasize the mental aspects of disability as well as the physical. SO VERY IMPORTANT, so do this in the beginning! I got my benefits on the first try, including medicare and a good lump sum payment for back months allowed. The main thing you have to do is to list all your ailments associated with HCV, including whatever mental problems (lack of sleep and concentration, depression, lack of ability to focus, etc). I never had to go to a one on one interview. I did it all by phone,

including the interview. You should have your Doctors names, addresses and phone numbers also. You've got to be able to verify your problems. Good luck, and welcome to the group!>> I can receive the forum but i don't think that i can send a comment. I > am trying to see if i can. We are having money problems because i can't > work. I am trying to get disabilityfrom the USA Social security, but I > will have to travel 7 hours by bus to matamoros which is on the Mexican > side of Brownsville Texas.> > pesoless Tony in Mexico>

Tony, you sound like you're on your way to success with this problem!

I know you are 100% deserving of SSD, and you have to be 100% sure

also. All you have to do is to properly present your info to those in

charge. Don't take no for an answer, but don't be rude. SS is here to

help those of us in need, and not to question our needs. Just give

them what they ask for, and make sure you give them all of your

physical and mental goings ons. They'll listen to you. Good Luck, man.

> >

> > I can receive the forum but i don't think that i can send a

comment.

> I

> > am trying to see if i can. We are having money problems because i

> can't

> > work. I am trying to get disabilityfrom the USA Social security,

but

> I

> > will have to travel 7 hours by bus to matamoros which is on the

> Mexican

> > side of Brownsville Texas.