it a negative and Mayo calls it a positive. So confused :(

>

> ,

> you will always test pos for hep c antibodies but that does not

mean you have a viral load.. The heptimax test is able to test for

virus down to 2-5 iu/ml and is the lowest test available today..  but

Im wondering if the nurse has given you conflicting info or

something.. If you test negative for viral load  with heptimax, you

are undetecible, but you will always test pos for the antibodies..

> Im hoping that I UNDERSTOOD you correctly...

> hugs

> jax

>

>

>

Thanks Jackie :)

There was 1 tiny little paragraph at the end that basically said

nothing LOL Same as every article I have read. Well hopefully

will have answers. Her response right now is don't be upset

everything is the same and still good????? Negative is good but

excuse me if I freak if the word positive is in the mix!

curious minds need to know :)

> >

> > ,

> > you will always test pos for hep c antibodies but that does not

> mean you have a viral load.. The heptimax test is able to test for

> virus down to 2-5 iu/ml and is the lowest test available today.. 

but

> Im wondering if the nurse has given you conflicting info or

> something.. If you test negative for viral load  with heptimax, you

> are undetecible, but you will always test pos for the antibodies..

> > Im hoping that I UNDERSTOOD you correctly...

> > hugs

> > jax

Sounds like different labs , so they all have their own way of reading results . Or different type of tests to detect amounts of the virus in the blood . One is more accurate which would be the one that was <10 such low numbers are hard to pick up on standard tests . And yes your blood work will always show your exposure to hep c , there is no way to remove it completely from the body . All you can hope for is to remain undectable , but exposure to hep has changed you at the subatomic level .

[Hepatitis_C_ Central] Re: Question on HCV Negative status/JackieTo: Hepatitis_C_ Central@yahoogro ups.comDate: Saturday, December 20, 2008, 3:18 PM

Thanks but thats is not what they are saying :( The Mayo Lab and Labcorp both used the HCV/RNA PCR Analyte Specific Reagents Tagman test. Both came back with a <10. The only difference is Labcorp calls it a negative and Mayo calls it a positive. So confused :(>> ,> you will always test pos for hep c antibodies but that does not mean you have a viral load.. The heptimax test is able to test for virus down to 2-5 iu/ml and is the lowest test available today.. but Im wondering if the nurse has given you conflicting info or something.. If you test negative for viral load with heptimax, you are undetecible, but you will always test pos for the antibodies.. > Im hoping that I UNDERSTOOD you correctly... > hugs> jax> > >

Thats what I thought,, while we all will always remain pos to the antibodies, that does not mean we have detectible viral loads ,, I've never heard of anyone testing pos and then suddenly testing negative...

From: <gremlin291989@ yahoo.com>Subject: [Hepatitis_C_ Central] Re: Question on HCV Negative status/JackieTo: Hepatitis_C_ Central@yahoogro ups.comDate: Saturday, December 20, 2008, 3:18 PM

Thanks but thats is not what they are saying :( The Mayo Lab and Labcorp both used the HCV/RNA PCR Analyte Specific Reagents Tagman test. Both came back with a <10. The only difference is Labcorp calls it a negative and Mayo calls it a positive. So confused :(>> ,> you will always test pos for hep c antibodies but that does not mean you have a viral load.. The heptimax test is able to test for virus down to 2-5 iu/ml and is the lowest test available today.. but Im wondering if the nurse has given you conflicting info or something.. If you test negative for viral load with heptimax, you are undetecible, but you will always test pos for the

antibodies.. > Im hoping that I UNDERSTOOD you correctly... > hugs> jax> > >

well I think they are learning new things about this virus all the time,, so maybe there is something new that they're working on ,, I dunno

Subject: Re: Question on HCV Negative status/JackieTo: Hepatitis_C_Central Date: Sunday, December 21, 2008, 9:54 AM

Thanks Jackie :)There was 1 tiny little paragraph at the end that basically said nothing LOL Same as every article I have read. Well hopefully will have answers. Her response right now is don't be upset everything is the same and still good????? Negative is good but excuse me if I freak if the word positive is in the mix!curious minds need to know :)> >> > ,> > you will always test pos for hep c antibodies but that does not > mean you have a viral load.. The

heptimax test is able to test for > virus down to 2-5 iu/ml and is the lowest test available today.. but > Im wondering if the nurse has given you conflicting info or > something.. If you test negative for viral load with heptimax, you > are undetecible, but you will always test pos for the antibodies.. > > Im hoping that I UNDERSTOOD you correctly... > > hugs> > jax

The only thing that could be a positive then a negative would be the viral load ...but anitbodies will be there forever .

[Hepatitis_C_ Central] Re: Question on HCV Negative status/JackieTo: Hepatitis_C_ Central@yahoogro ups.comDate: Saturday, December 20, 2008, 3:18 PM

Thanks but thats is not what they are saying :( The Mayo Lab and Labcorp both used the HCV/RNA PCR Analyte Specific Reagents Tagman test. Both came back with a <10. The only difference is Labcorp calls it a negative and Mayo calls it a positive. So confused :(>> ,> you will always test pos for hep c antibodies but that does not mean you have a viral load.. The heptimax test is able to test for virus down to 2-5 iu/ml and is the lowest test available today.. but Im wondering if the nurse has given you conflicting info or something.. If you test negative for viral load with heptimax, you are undetecible, but you will always test pos for the antibodies.. > Im hoping that I UNDERSTOOD you correctly... > hugs> jax> > >