RemedySpot.com

Jackie

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I was in a study for low dose maintenance to see if it protected the liver from the effects of the virus. It was useless and didn't work.

I am on Peg/Riba and they will add Boceprovir after my next visit. That will be next Tuesday. Rita

To: Hepatitis_C_Central Sent: Wednesday, December 10, 2008 9:13:57 PMSubject: Re: Re: Is Maintenance Therapy with Pegylated Interferon Monotherapy Ineffective or Even

So Rita, are you saying that your liver actually got worse while on tx? I've heard that can happen, so Im just wanting to verify that you are saying that it got worse.. So if you treat again with Boceprovir, will that be used in place of the Ribavirin or in addition to it?

From: Rita aka Spring <manytearsofspring@ yahoo.com>Subject: [Hepatitis_C_ Central] Re: Is Maintenance Therapy with Pegylated Interferon Monotherapy Ineffective or EvenTo: Hepatitis_C_ Central@yahoogro ups.comDate: Wednesday, December 10, 2008, 5:55 PM

I did 36 weeks of low dose maintenance Pegylated Interferon and my liver progressed during that treatment study to mild cirrhosis. I would not do it again. I am in a study now with Peg/Riba and they will soon be adding the Boceprovir next week. Rita