RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Questions (biopsy)..

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi,

It's true that the docs use a biopsy to establish your liver's base level prior to treatment - that way they can tell if you are responding or if you are getting worse with treatment. Regardless of that, you really need to know what state your liver is in. Even holistic docs usually insist on a biopsy. So sometime, it would be good to have one.

Here's some info:

http://www.hepatitis-central.com/hcv/biopsy/toc.html

Newer methods are in development for biopsy alternatives, like a breath test. Fibrosure is a blood test that is currently in use but it is not completely accurate.

Good luck!

Chris

just now deciding to get busy taking a natural health approach. I read early into beign diagnosed that unless a person is considering treatment there is really no need for a biopsy so I guess I will wait on that. I"M CHICKEN WITH A GREAT BIG C!...Debbie--- In Hepatitis_C_Central@yahoogroup> Life should be easier. So should your homepage. Try the NEW AOL.com.

Yes - I did know how inaccurate it is thanks to your experience....I did say that it wasn't very accurate in my post. But thanks again for posting your own experience with it - people remember things like that. I did.

Chris

Did you know that the 'Fibrosure' test is not accurate? Oh dont we wish it were! It has been found to be totally inaccurate except in stage 0-1 and stage 4. it cannot give accurate info in stage 1-4... I guess its better than not having anything done to see where you are, but the fibrosure said I was stage 0-1 when I was more like stage 2-3.....

just wanted to make sure you knew this,,

hugs

jax

From: smalk50aol <smalk50aol>Subject: Re: Re: Questions (biopsy)..To: Hepatitis_C_Central Date: Tuesday, December 2, 2008, 9:26 AM

Hi,

It's true that the docs use a biopsy to establish your liver's base level prior to treatment - that way they can tell if you are responding or if you are getting worse with treatment. Regardless of that, you really need to know what state your liver is in. Even holistic docs usually insist on a biopsy. So sometime, it would be good to have one.

Here's some info:

http://www.hepatiti s-central. com/hcv/biopsy/ toc.html

Newer methods are in development for biopsy alternatives, like a breath test. Fibrosure is a blood test that is currently in use but it is not completely accurate.

Life should be easier. So should your homepage. Try the NEW AOL.com.

Thanks! And same back at ya - you put so much into this forum, that's for sure.

Chris

hahaha,, I didnt read the last sentence,, my bad! lol,,

thanks for all that you contribute to this group, its greatly appreciated!Life should be easier. So should your homepage. Try the NEW AOL.com.

Did you know that the 'Fibrosure' test is not accurate? Oh dont we wish it were! It has been found to be totally inaccurate except in stage 0-1 and stage 4. it cannot give accurate info in stage 1-4... I guess its better than not having anything done to see where you are, but the fibrosure said I was stage 0-1 when I was more like stage 2-3.....

just wanted to make sure you knew this,,

hugs

jax

Subject: Re: Re: Questions (biopsy)..To: Hepatitis_C_Central Date: Tuesday, December 2, 2008, 9:26 AM

Hi,

Here's some info:

Good luck!

Chris

In a message dated 12/2/2008 10:23:03 A.M. Central Standard Time, pita54meyahoo (DOT) com writes:

just now deciding to get busy taking a natural health approach. I read early into beign diagnosed that unless a person is considering treatment there is really no need for a biopsy so I guess I will wait on that. I"M CHICKEN WITH A GREAT BIG C!...Debbie- -- In Hepatitis_C_ Central@yahoogro up>

hahaha,, I didnt read the last sentence,, my bad! lol,,

thanks for all that you contribute to this group, its greatly appreciated!

From: smalk50aol (DOT) com <smalk50aol (DOT) com>Subject: Re: [Hepatitis_C_ Central] Re: Questions (biopsy)..To: Hepatitis_C_ Central@yahoogro ups.comDate: Tuesday, December 2, 2008, 9:26 AM

Hi,

Here's some info: