RemedySpot.com

Re: Went to doctor yesterday

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Tracey indeed you are a lucky women to have found such a wonderful boyfriend.

He sounds like a keeper. Keep up the good work on getting rid of this virus.

Love

Janet

"There are souls in this world that have the gift of finding joy everywhere and of leaving it behind them when they go"

Frederick Faber

Subject: Went to doctor yesterdayTo: Hepatitis_C_Central Date: Tuesday, December 23, 2008, 6:40 AM

I went to the doctor yesterday for check up and beings my hemoglobins have dropped a lot he lowered my ribivirin to two pills a day. I have been having a hard time getting the procrit because my insurance won't cover it. I have been fighting to get this for almost two months. I finally got approved for it and am now waiting for it to arrive. He told me I will need this twice a week and as soon as my counts come up he will increase my ribivirin back up. Now I did get through the first 12 week at the full dose and the last 4 week he dropped me down to 4 pills a day.

I did question him about dropping my dose to 2 pills a day and he said we are ok. I have been undetectable since 4 weeks of treatment.I am still nervous about him dropping my dosage so low. I am starting week 17 tonight. He did tell me because I have genotype 1 that I will still have to do the full 48 weeks even though I am undetectable. I told him I will do what ever I have to do. He wants me to have blood work done every week again for a while to keep an eye on my counts. After tonight I will only have 31 more weeks of treatment. July 28 of 09 will be the last day of my treatment. I have the weeks marked out on the calendar.

My boyfriend has been a really big help for me, if it weren't for him I honestly don't know were I would be, yes I do I would probably be sitting in my room feeling sorry for myself. My boyfriend gives me the inspiration to keep going. I met him after I was diagnosed. He chose to stay by myside when I explained to him that I was diagnosed with Hep C. He told me we are going to get through this together. I try to keep a positive out look on life, I find it does help. I try not to worry about things because it seems to make it worse when you do. I'm know I'm going to make it to the top of the mountain one day.

Tracey

Tracey, now that you've gotten the procrit coming , as soon as you get it, your numbers will go back up so you can get back to your normal dose,, try not to worry, it is what it is honey,, worry is not good either..

it sounds like you have a great doc,, one who really cares and wants to see you be successful,, that is worth a lot!!!! It will be ok,, try not to wory hon,,

hugs

jax

Subject: Went to doctor yesterdayTo: Hepatitis_C_Central Date: Tuesday, December 23, 2008, 4:40 AM

I went to the doctor yesterday for check up and beings my hemoglobins have dropped a lot he lowered my ribivirin to two pills a day. I have been having a hard time getting the procrit because my insurance won't cover it. I have been fighting to get this for almost two months. I finally got approved for it and am now waiting for it to arrive. He told me I will need this twice a week and as soon as my counts come up he will increase my ribivirin back up. Now I did get through the first 12 week at the full dose and the last 4 week he dropped me down to 4 pills a day.

I did question him about dropping my dose to 2 pills a day and he said we are ok. I have been undetectable since 4 weeks of treatment.I am still nervous about him dropping my dosage so low. I am starting week 17 tonight. He did tell me because I have genotype 1 that I will still have to do the full 48 weeks even though I am undetectable. I told him I will do what ever I have to do. He wants me to have blood work done every week again for a while to keep an eye on my counts. After tonight I will only have 31 more weeks of treatment. July 28 of 09 will be the last day of my treatment. I have the weeks marked out on the calendar.

My boyfriend has been a really big help for me, if it weren't for him I honestly don't know were I would be, yes I do I would probably be sitting in my room feeling sorry for myself. My boyfriend gives me the inspiration to keep going. I met him after I was diagnosed. He chose to stay by myside when I explained to him that I was diagnosed with Hep C. He told me we are going to get through this together. I try to keep a positive out look on life, I find it does help. I try not to worry about things because it seems to make it worse when you do. I'm know I'm going to make it to the top of the mountain one day.

Tracey