RemedySpot.com

Re: Did Anyone Else Know What the A-B-C of your genotyp...

Rate this topic

Guest guest

No - they are the "subgroup" of the genotype. Quasispecies is a different story:

Quasispecies and Viral Mutation

http://www.hepatitis.va.gov/vahep?page=prtop03-cs-01#S3X

Within all individuals, slightly different genetic versions of their genotype are present. Viral mutations occur over time spontaneously and in response to pressure from the host immune response, forming genetically distinct viral groups called quasispecies.(1) Genotypes represent major genetic differences, whereas quasispecies represent minor genetic differences within an individual. Quasispecies continue to evolve in an individual over time, whereas genotype does not change. Quasispecies can be measured quantitatively (viral complexity) and qualitatively (viral divergence over time).

http://www.hepatitis-central.com/hcv/genotype/explained.html

Chris

The numbers are quasi species of the genotype Make your life easier with all your friends, email, and favorite sites in one place. Try it now.

Sorry Liz - I posted one of the same links that you did - wrote my email before reading yours..........

Chris

No - they are the "subgroup" of the genotype. Quasispecies is a different story:

Make your life easier with all your friends, email, and favorite sites in one place. Try it now.

Is ok .... I am happy for all you do for us here and any help with the research is greatly appreciated ..

Re: Did Anyone Else Know What the A-B-C of your genotyp...

Sorry Liz - I posted one of the same links that you did - wrote my email before reading yours..........

Chris

In a message dated 12/9/2008 11:30:57 A.M. Central Standard Time, smalk50aol writes:

Make your life easier with all your friends, email, and favorite sites in one place. Try it now.