Rate this topic

Guest guest

Wow, I need to read faster to keep with this forum. :) I can't be on

here as much as I would like and I have just now read what I have

missed today.

Today has been a hectic day for me today, and my body can't take

much " hecticness " . (is that a word?) Oh well, I am doing much

better than I was with implants, but it is all relative, since most

people would not want to live in my body now.

Sometimes I get down, just because I need the shoulder replacement,

then I read things like people having faulty joints and I just freak

out. This is exactly why I won't submit to this. Yet, I have no real

quality of life without being able to use my arms properly. I sure

someone would be on this group who has had a shoulder replacement and

they could tell me about it...not that I hope there is anyone who has

had to go through this nightmare.

I just wish I had gotten my implants removed sooner....then I would

not have lost my joints. They were ok til 1999. I could kick myself

a 1000 times over. I also would not have lost half of my breast. I

have been thinking about that again today. I know I need a few little

things done to my breast to improve it, but I am such a major

chicken. I keep thinking I should leave well enough alone. I am

seriously thinking of getting a pretty viney flower tattooed on it

and call it quits. Seriously. I wouldn't feel it.

All in all, I am very grateful that I was able to be explanted. That

would never have been possible without finally getting my

disability.

Pearl, you asked where Dr. Melmed and Dr. Shaw are. I think Dr. Shaw

is in CA. and Dr. Melmed is in Dallas area.

Also, my numbness in my hands went away when I was explanted. Dr.

Feng said the implants were pressing against a nerve that goes to the

hand. She said some P/Ss damage that nerve when putting implants in

and in the worst cases, they sever it, in which case you never get it

back. I am very thankful she carefully got my implants off the nerve

and I have feeling back. I couldn't even pick up a dime.

Someone asked about me having lupus. Yes, I was told I do. Some tests

say I do, but I fully believe this can turn around. I have gone off

Prednisone and so far, so good. I have only gotten a few sores and

symptoms resembling a flare and I am refusing to go back on it. Wish

me luck.

Well, hope all of you can have a nice, peaceful, painfree night.

Anymore, a good night's sleep is better than gold for me.

Sleep....ahhhhh...something I get a little more of since

explantation. I have been hospitalized before for not being able to

sleep at all for 5 days straight. Not fun.

Love to all...

I was also dx'd with SLE (lupus) in 1999(?). Since then, my ANA titers went up and down, but were always positive. However, in December, my ANA titers were negative and have continued to be negative. My rheumy feels that my ANA titers were a false positive and that I probably never had lupus, but instead a undifferentiated mixed connective tissue disease. He feels strongly that my implants caused the elevated ANA as well as the symptoms indicative of SLE. While that is great news that I may have never had SLE, my rheumatoid factor is gradually going up and I still, without a doubt, have FMS. But in turn for "getting rid" of the SLE, I now have CA. But anyway, I think it is entirely possible that implants can be directly related to a dx of SLE and that it is possible to reverse this dx with removal of the implants and with time. e ----- Original Message ----- From: el_jeena Sent: Monday, February 04, 2002 9:59 PM Subject: I need to be a speed reader... Wow, I need to read faster to keep with this forum. :) I can't be onhere as much as I would like and I have just now read what I havemissed today.Today has been a hectic day for me today, and my body can't takemuch "hecticness". (is that a word?) Oh well, I am doing muchbetter than I was with implants, but it is all relative, since mostpeople would not want to live in my body now.Sometimes I get down, just because I need the shoulder replacement,then I read things like people having faulty joints and I just freakout. This is exactly why I won't submit to this. Yet, I have no realquality of life without being able to use my arms properly. I suresomeone would be on this group who has had a shoulder replacement andthey could tell me about it...not that I hope there is anyone who hashad to go through this nightmare.I just wish I had gotten my implants removed sooner....then I wouldnot have lost my joints. They were ok til 1999. I could kick myselfa 1000 times over. I also would not have lost half of my breast. Ihave been thinking about that again today. I know I need a few littlethings done to my breast to improve it, but I am such a majorchicken. I keep thinking I should leave well enough alone. I amseriously thinking of getting a pretty viney flower tattooed on itand call it quits. Seriously. I wouldn't feel it.All in all, I am very grateful that I was able to be explanted. Thatwould never have been possible without finally getting mydisability.Pearl, you asked where Dr. Melmed and Dr. Shaw are. I think Dr. Shawis in CA. and Dr. Melmed is in Dallas area.Also, my numbness in my hands went away when I was explanted. Dr.Feng said the implants were pressing against a nerve that goes to thehand. She said some P/Ss damage that nerve when putting implants inand in the worst cases, they sever it, in which case you never get itback. I am very thankful she carefully got my implants off the nerveand I have feeling back. I couldn't even pick up a dime.Someone asked about me having lupus. Yes, I was told I do. Some testssay I do, but I fully believe this can turn around. I have gone offPrednisone and so far, so good. I have only gotten a few sores andsymptoms resembling a flare and I am refusing to go back on it. Wishme luck.Well, hope all of you can have a nice, peaceful, painfree night.Anymore, a good night's sleep is better than gold for me.Sleep....ahhhhh...something I get a little more of sinceexplantation. I have been hospitalized before for not being able tosleep at all for 5 days straight. Not fun.Love to all...

Pearl, Yes, CA is cancer. Sorry, I probably should not use the medical abbreviations. I get in a rush, and forget that not everyone knows the medical lingo/abbreviations. Sorry! e ----- Original Message ----- From: perlesetlacet@... Sent: Monday, February 04, 2002 10:51 PM Subject: Re: I need to be a speed reader... e, you'll have to excuse my ignorance amidst this medical lingo... is CA cancer?Pearl