RemedySpot.com

My Dr Visit today

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Ok here is the scoop on my interesting visit to the Dr today, first I saw the medical guy who was so nice, listened to everything and was caring and compassionate and yes, I told him about the implants of course, I just cannot keep that a secret as it doesn't make sense when I leave it out.

He said in his opinion he thinks that the implants can definitely cause some problems with pain issues from a nerve point of view, I don't totally think he sees the connection to autoimmune illness but I wasn't concerned with trying to convince him of anything I just wanted my pain issues addressed.

He said there is no way that I should have to be in pain all the time and that my rheumy is just not right in not treating my pain, so he gave me some Norco instead of vicodin and also some oxycontin low dose, he said to take them and the norco as needed until we can get some success with the trigger point injections.

Then I went in to see the trigger Dr who works with pain and all that other stuff, he explained all this stuff about how the pain can feel like it is in one part of the body when it is really somewhere else and how it can be due to nerves or muscles or whatever, anyhow they gave me 4 injections of marcaine and lidocaine in the sore spots on my feet, it hurt and then they were wonderfully numb and now that has worn off and the stupid pain is back of course, however he said that it would take several treatments to see improvements, and we would work on my hands next and my neck and back also.

They have had lots of success with this stuff so I am hoping that it will be successful for me too.

I will keep you posted, he doesn't think the pain is from my bones and he also said the foggy head thing can be part of this or also caused by not getting enough deep sleep, so he prescribed trazedone for me to try to sleep at night, it is supposed to help with deep sleep, actually he wanted to put me on elavil, which I said no way cause that makes you gain wieght, so anyhow I will see, I go back again tomorrow for some injections in my hands.....

It is supposed to retrain the brain to not feel the pain, or something like that...I have more stuff I need to post but it is long and I have to type it up and I am busy too, so I will send it when I get it together.

Love,