RemedySpot.com

10 year old saline implants

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hello, my name is ,

I am new to this forum. This year coming up my saline implants will be 10 years old. I am 38 with a 2 yr old daughter. These are my second set of implants. My first were silicone put in at age 18 and then replaced with the saline at age 28.

After reading some websites, I got a little scared, alot scared. I emailed a doctor to see if I could get a referral who was featured on one of the sites...since I'm living in Germany, I hardly speak German, although my husband is fluent, I would not have a doctor who was not fluent in English. I thought I could travel to England or Holland if need be to find a doctor. Anyhow, I felt more optimistic after he told me the following:

without seeing you, I would try to assure you that saline implants are normally NOT a problem. Fungal infections etc are very rare. there is often staining of the saline.,but that cane be from hemosiderin ( red cell byproduct) or betadine (used to wash the cavity etc). But in general, if they are not bothering you, don't bother them!

So I felt relief and thought I shouldn't worry so much, but of course, still find a doctor so in case one ruptures I wouldn't be searching for a doctor during a crisis.

I go back and forth in my head whether I could live without these breasts, or have scars or whatever happens. I thought I should just get them replaced and deal with it 10 years from now. But when I start reading the stories again, I think I should have them out. My husband thinks I should have them out, because of what he's read.

More to my situation, I am still currently nursing my 2 year old daughter. I cannot foresee just weaning her off yet unless there was a serious problem and I would be forced to. I can't just switch her over to cow's milk as she gets eczema from cow's milk and dairy products since 8 months old when she started having them. She no longer has them to the best of my ability, with a few minor exceptions. She takes cod liver oil which helps her skin, and noticeably gets worse if she misses a few days.

I'm searching for answers, direction, a English speaking doctor in Europe.