RemedySpot.com

Dr Kolb

Rate this topic

Guest guest

"Learning why these devices cause immune problems and correcting this is more intelligent. ."

wouldn't the intelligent thing be to first study this problem and then when it is resolved use implants, at least for cosmetic purposes.

You must remember most of us were not informed that we could get ill from implants, no where once did I know there was this significant risk, I never would have risked my health for big boobs. So we never had a true opportunity to weigh the risks.

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2002 10:07 PM

Subject: Re:

The difference here is that cigarettes are not beneficial and implants are sometimes the only answer to some reconstructive problems so you have to weigh risks versus benefits. What about the silicone in VP shunts and on pacemakers and other implantable devices for which we have no other substitute. Banning implants is not the answer. ----- Original Message -----

Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2002 10:49 AM

These statements are so true!

Patty

Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2002 7:25 AM

Subject:

Yesterday you posted about how Dr Feng still puts in implants and I wanted to add to you that in my own silly analogy I look at implants just like cigarettes, we all know someone probably who smoked and died from cancer right? And we all know someone probably who smoked till they were 90 and never got cancer, implants are like that in many many ways, not all smokers get sick right away and not all smokers get cancer, some just get bronchitis everyyear or an ugly cough, or bad skin, yellow teeth, age bad, have scratchy voices or loose there vocal chords and some end up with emphysema that kills them slowly over time. Not everyone gets sick a year or two after they start smoking, yet no one disputes the fact that cigarettes are deadly right? It is right there on the side of the box, surgeon generals warning, and yet you can purchase these for around $ 3 bucks at any 7-11, so if you think about it the fact that the government says implants are safe and sells them and they come with lots of warnings, and the fact that PS's still put them in, is just like the fact that they still sell cigarettes, at the corner store, the government is not going to stop people from killing themselves in this country or in most countries, I realize this may seem like a silly analogy but to me there is allot of commonality in this story.

Love,

PS Alcohol is also proven to cause sclerosis and other liver disease, it too has warnings, so things are not always safe that are legal and acceptable.

: Study the history of how implants came into use and how the FDA was not regulating medical devices at the time and you will have your answer. I think a major problem is that only the implant companies are doing the saline studies. Other groups need to study the problem. .

Sent: Saturday, January 12, 2002 12:14 AM

Subject: Dr Kolb

"Learning why these devices cause immune problems and correcting this is more intelligent. ."

wouldn't the intelligent thing be to first study this problem and then when it is resolved use implants, at least for cosmetic purposes.

You must remember most of us were not informed that we could get ill from implants, no where once did I know there was this significant risk, I never would have risked my health for big boobs. So we never had a true opportunity to weigh the risks.

The difference here is that cigarettes are not beneficial and implants are sometimes the only answer to some reconstructive problems so you have to weigh risks versus benefits. What about the silicone in VP shunts and on pacemakers and other implantable devices for which we have no other substitute. Banning implants is not the answer. ----- Original Message -----

Patty

Subject:

Yesterday you posted about how Dr Feng still puts in implants and I wanted to add to you that in my own silly analogy I look at implants just like cigarettes, we all know someone probably who smoked and died from cancer right? And we all know someone probably who smoked till they were 90 and never got cancer, implants are like that in many many ways, not all smokers get sick right away and not all smokers get cancer, some just get bronchitis everyyear or an ugly cough, or bad skin, yellow teeth, age bad, have scratchy voices or loose there vocal chords and some end up with emphysema that kills them slowly over time. Not everyone gets sick a year or two after they start smoking, yet no one disputes the fact that cigarettes are deadly right? It is right there on the side of the box, surgeon generals warning, and yet you can purchase these for around $ 3 bucks at any 7-11, so if you think about it the fact that the government says implants are safe and sells them and they come with lots of warnings, and the fact that PS's still put them in, is just like the fact that they still sell cigarettes, at the corner store, the government is not going to stop people from killing themselves in this country or in most countries, I realize this may seem like a silly analogy but to me there is allot of commonality in this story.

Love,

PS Alcohol is also proven to cause sclerosis and other liver disease, it too has warnings, so things are not always safe that are legal and acceptable.

Another major problem is because the public relations blitz orchestrated by Dow has so effectively brainwashed the media, public, and everyone else into believing that implants don't cause disease, it is perceived that we are "beating a dead horse." None of these "other groups" are going to throw away their money on the study of implants. I would love to be proven wrong on this.

Patty

Sent: Saturday, January 12, 2002 8:17 AM

Subject: Re: Dr Kolb

: Study the history of how implants came into use and how the FDA was not regulating medical devices at the time and you will have your answer. I think a major problem is that only the implant companies are doing the saline studies. Other groups need to study the problem. .

Sent: Saturday, January 12, 2002 12:14 AM

Subject: Dr Kolb

Patty

Subject:

Love,