RemedySpot.com

Re: My implants

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Shirl

Dr Blais mentioned there was something wrong with these implants. I cannot recall exactly, but they were excess inventory and should not have been put in after a certain date. I maybe wrong with the detail but check with him.

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2002 12:34 PM

Subject: My implants

My implants were McGhan textured style 168 Biocell silicone sac saline filled 360 cc filled to 390 ccImplant #27-168361Lot #HW1131 leftLot #HW0362 rightShirl

Yes, Dr Blais is the best pathologist in the country. He is in Canada. He just received 's and my implants to examine. :) He is really busy but always takes the time to speak to you and is the sweetest man. You should send your implants to him to be examined. It may tell you what exactly is floating in your implants and if it could be related to your hairloss, etc. You never know? I have sent mine because of the fact I immediately became sick. Blais thinks maybe the valve was not tightly shut and thinks were able to get in like bugs and bacteria. If you want to call him I can give you the number.

Love,

Angelika

Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2002 1:04 PM

Subject: Re: My implants

Who is Blais, does he/she examine explanted implants? I still have mine. They have little things floating in them. Yuck.Pearl

No, sometimes docs use antibiotics during the implant surgery which weakens the valve on the implant. From what I understand then bugs and bacteria can move into the implant from your body through the weakened valve. They then live and grown inside of the implants. Dr. Blais's number is 613-728-8688, I hope that I have given you the correct info, that is how I understood it when it was explained to me.

Love,

Angelika

Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2002 2:36 PM

Do you mean before the implants were put in that bugs could have got into them?I would like to have his numberThanksShirl

Bacteria and other contaminants can also be introduced into the implant before they are even placed into your chest. Pierre told me that many ps' contaminate the process where the syringe and tubing is connected to the valve. At this point, if sterility is broken, then the ps (or whoever happens to be connecting the syringe and tubing) has just effectively introduced many contaminants into these implants. Also, the implants are to be left in the tray in which they come packaged until just before implantation so that contamination with airborne and surgical field contaminants is prevented. So, there is a high risk of contamination of the implants before those things ever reach your chest. In addition, talc free gloves should be used. I don't think that is a problem now, because most places no longer have talc gloves. But prior to the mid-late 90's, most everyone had talc covered gloves and then the talc was rinsed off the gloves with sterile saline or sterile water. The talc eats away at the implant. And doctors should never put antibiotics or betadine in the implant with the saline, as these both destroy the implant. My ps placed betadine in my implants, and overfilled both of them as well. My left and right implants had a filling capacity of 300cc, but my left was overfilled to 325cc, and my right to 350cc, plus an additional 100cc of betadine in each. e ----- Original Message ----- From: Angelika Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2002 5:44 PM Subject: Re: My implants No, sometimes docs use antibiotics during the implant surgery which weakens the valve on the implant. From what I understand then bugs and bacteria can move into the implant from your body through the weakened valve. They then live and grown inside of the implants. Dr. Blais's number is 613-728-8688, I hope that I have given you the correct info, that is how I understood it when it was explained to me. Love, Angelika ----- Original Message ----- From: blksvr@... Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2002 2:36 PM Subject: Re: My implants Do you mean before the implants were put in that bugs could have got into them?I would like to have his numberThanksShirl

wow. Interesting info. My implanting doc was very old school and that should have sent up a red flag to me but only went to him because he was a friend of a friend. Anway, I spoke to them to today and they said they sent out the op report on 1/18 (which happened to also be my explant surgery date) Anyway, I still have not received it and my implanting phys assistant went over the address and I was like noooooooooo wrong apt number. I think she didn't even send it out. Something funny is up.

Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2002 8:07 PM

Bacteria and other contaminants can also be introduced into the implant before they are even placed into your chest. Pierre told me that many ps' contaminate the process where the syringe and tubing is connected to the valve. At this point, if sterility is broken, then the ps (or whoever happens to be connecting the syringe and tubing) has just effectively introduced many contaminants into these implants. Also, the implants are to be left in the tray in which they come packaged until just before implantation so that contamination with airborne and surgical field contaminants is prevented. So, there is a high risk of contamination of the implants before those things ever reach your chest. In addition, talc free gloves should be used. I don't think that is a problem now, because most places no longer have talc gloves. But prior to the mid-late 90's, most everyone had talc covered gloves and then the talc was rinsed off the gloves with sterile saline or sterile water. The talc eats away at the implant. And doctors should never put antibiotics or betadine in the implant with the saline, as these both destroy the implant. My ps placed betadine in my implants, and overfilled both of them as well. My left and right implants had a filling capacity of 300cc, but my left was overfilled to 325cc, and my right to 350cc, plus an additional 100cc of betadine in each.

e

Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2002 5:44 PM

No, sometimes docs use antibiotics during the implant surgery which weakens the valve on the implant. From what I understand then bugs and bacteria can move into the implant from your body through the weakened valve. They then live and grown inside of the implants. Dr. Blais's number is 613-728-8688, I hope that I have given you the correct info, that is how I understood it when it was explained to me.

Love,

Angelika

Do you mean before the implants were put in that bugs could have got into them?I would like to have his numberThanksShirl

My implants had a filling capacity of 300cc but were overfilled to 330cc on each side. I am really starting to wonder about this report and how they did my implant surgery.....

Bacteria and other contaminants can also be introduced into the implant before they are even placed into your chest. Pierre told me that many ps' contaminate the process where the syringe and tubing is connected to the valve. At this point, if sterility is broken, then the ps (or whoever happens to be connecting the syringe and tubing) has just effectively introduced many contaminants into these implants. Also, the implants are to be left in the tray in which they come packaged until just before implantation so that contamination with airborne and surgical field contaminants is prevented. So, there is a high risk of contamination of the implants before those things ever reach your chest. In addition, talc free gloves should be used. I don't think that is a problem now, because most places no longer have talc gloves. But prior to the mid-late 90's, most everyone had talc covered gloves and then the talc was rinsed off the gloves with sterile saline or sterile water. The talc eats away at the implant. And doctors should never put antibiotics or betadine in the implant with the saline, as these both destroy the implant. My ps placed betadine in my implants, and overfilled both of them as well. My left and right implants had a filling capacity of 300cc, but my left was overfilled to 325cc, and my right to 350cc, plus an additional 100cc of betadine in each.

e

Love,

Angelika

We had the same size too how ironic!

Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2002 10:34 AM

Subject: My implants

My implants were McGhan textured style 168 Biocell silicone sac saline filled 360 cc filled to 390 ccImplant #27-168361Lot #HW1131 leftLot #HW0362 rightShirl

The valves on many saline implants are defective according to Dr Blais. It is through this defective valve that bacteria and bodily fluids are able to move in and out, thus the problem with contamination.

That is what he thinks happened with mine, which would indicate that I am probably ill due to infection, I will know more soon and I will be posting that information when I get it.

love,

Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2002 3:52 PM

Love,

Angelika

do we have a case as far as legal action?

Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2002 10:37 PM

The valves on many saline implants are defective according to Dr Blais. It is through this defective valve that bacteria and bodily fluids are able to move in and out, thus the problem with contamination.

That is what he thinks happened with mine, which would indicate that I am probably ill due to infection, I will know more soon and I will be posting that information when I get it.

love,

Love,

Angelika

I doubt it, I might have had a case since my PS did not properly consent me (I did not sign my consent till 1 week after my implantation) the consent is dated 4/14/99 and my surgery was 4/5/99 but I am afraid the statute of limitations may have run out.

I don't know but one thing for sure, if someday it comes out that we had defective implants then, anything is possible, that is why I really wanted to make sure my implants were sent to Pierre and analyzed properly, so you did the right thing by getting them to him right away.

love,

Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2002 8:50 PM

love,

Love,

Angelika

Angelika, Are you close to where your implanting surgeon practices? If so, I would just show up at his office and ask for the op report. They can't deny it to you, and if they have told you that they have sent it out, then you know they have it. And if they give you any problems, politely tell them that those records are yours and you would like to see them now as well as get a copy of the op report. If your implanting ps is not close to you, call them back, ask to talk to the medical records dept, or the person who works in medical records. Tell her that you have not rec'd the op report, that it is almost a month since they sent it out, and you want another copy sent to you. Tell them you want it sent certified and that they can send you a bill for the certified letter. I will be happy to help you if you want me to. e ----- Original Message ----- From: Angelika Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2002 10:29 PM Subject: Re: My implants wow. Interesting info. My implanting doc was very old school and that should have sent up a red flag to me but only went to him because he was a friend of a friend. Anway, I spoke to them to today and they said they sent out the op report on 1/18 (which happened to also be my explant surgery date) Anyway, I still have not received it and my implanting phys assistant went over the address and I was like noooooooooo wrong apt number. I think she didn't even send it out. Something funny is up. ----- Original Message ----- From: e Rene Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2002 8:07 PM Subject: Re: My implants Bacteria and other contaminants can also be introduced into the implant before they are even placed into your chest. Pierre told me that many ps' contaminate the process where the syringe and tubing is connected to the valve. At this point, if sterility is broken, then the ps (or whoever happens to be connecting the syringe and tubing) has just effectively introduced many contaminants into these implants. Also, the implants are to be left in the tray in which they come packaged until just before implantation so that contamination with airborne and surgical field contaminants is prevented. So, there is a high risk of contamination of the implants before those things ever reach your chest. In addition, talc free gloves should be used. I don't think that is a problem now, because most places no longer have talc gloves. But prior to the mid-late 90's, most everyone had talc covered gloves and then the talc was rinsed off the gloves with sterile saline or sterile water. The talc eats away at the implant. And doctors should never put antibiotics or betadine in the implant with the saline, as these both destroy the implant. My ps placed betadine in my implants, and overfilled both of them as well. My left and right implants had a filling capacity of 300cc, but my left was overfilled to 325cc, and my right to 350cc, plus an additional 100cc of betadine in each. e ----- Original Message ----- From: Angelika Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2002 5:44 PM Subject: Re: My implants No, sometimes docs use antibiotics during the implant surgery which weakens the valve on the implant. From what I understand then bugs and bacteria can move into the implant from your body through the weakened valve. They then live and grown inside of the implants. Dr. Blais's number is 613-728-8688, I hope that I have given you the correct info, that is how I understood it when it was explained to me. Love, Angelika ----- Original Message ----- From: blksvr@... Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2002 2:36 PM Subject: Re: My implants Do you mean before the implants were put in that bugs could have got into them?I would like to have his numberThanksShirl

Angelika, In an email I sent out last night, I quoted what Pierre's report said about faulty valves. His opinion was that there was definately the potential for a class action against McGhan because of the numerous complaints. I had tried to bring about a class action last spring, with some of the women in this support group joining. My attny was all gung ho about going forward, and he did talk to several women. However, around May of last yr, he started not returning anyone's calls and I pulled the plug on the whole thing. But there are attnys out there who might be interested in taking on a case if enough women were involved...... e ----- Original Message ----- From: Angelika Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2002 10:06 PM Subject: Re: My implants do we have a case as far as legal action? ----- Original Message ----- From: Heer Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2002 10:37 PM Subject: Re: My implants The valves on many saline implants are defective according to Dr Blais. It is through this defective valve that bacteria and bodily fluids are able to move in and out, thus the problem with contamination. That is what he thinks happened with mine, which would indicate that I am probably ill due to infection, I will know more soon and I will be posting that information when I get it. love, ----- Original Message ----- From: Angelika Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2002 3:52 PM Subject: Re: My implants No, sometimes docs use antibiotics during the implant surgery which weakens the valve on the implant. From what I understand then bugs and bacteria can move into the implant from your body through the weakened valve. They then live and grown inside of the implants. Dr. Blais's number is 613-728-8688, I hope that I have given you the correct info, that is how I understood it when it was explained to me. Love, Angelika ----- Original Message ----- From: blksvr@... Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2002 2:36 PM Subject: Re: My implants Do you mean before the implants were put in that bugs could have got into them?I would like to have his numberThanksShirl

Hi e

Thank you for responding, I have been feeling crappy today and not really been paying attention to the posts. My email was down this morning also. I would definitely be interested in being apart of the group but cannot find an attorney to represent me. I had two that were given to me by someone in the group but they never returned my calls and the one told me flat out that it wasn't worth their time. Please email me directly if you have any ideas on this issue that maybe we could pursue this again.

Thanks again,

Love,

Angelika

Sent: Wednesday, February 06, 2002 7:24 PM

Angelika,

In an email I sent out last night, I quoted what Pierre's report said about faulty valves. His opinion was that there was definately the potential for a class action against McGhan because of the numerous complaints. I had tried to bring about a class action last spring, with some of the women in this support group joining. My attny was all gung ho about going forward, and he did talk to several women. However, around May of last yr, he started not returning anyone's calls and I pulled the plug on the whole thing. But there are attnys out there who might be interested in taking on a case if enough women were involved......

e

Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2002 10:06 PM

love,

Love,

Angelika

e

I am not close to them. I called them back and it is such a small time operation. They have one women working the desk, reception, medical records, etc and then they have a nurse. I am going to call them tomorrow to verify that they sent them out again along with the op report. If they haven't then I am really going to raise some heck.

Thank you for your help e, I really appreciate it. You don't need to worry about me, I will be okay. I have been really sick today and planned on putting some stuff on ebay to sell and raise a little cash for you but was not able to do it today. I am sorry :( I hope that I will be able to sell some things and be able to help you out a little along with your kitty. I am such an animal lover... it makes me very sad if you have to part from your kitty even if it is temporary. I just want to call up your parents so bad and just give them a wake up call. You are their daughter, I wish someone would have done that for me when I moved to NY when I was 17 almost 18 and was having financial problems.

I hope everything is much better. I definitely want to pursue the issue with the faulty valve problem on McGhan implants. I think that this would also bring awareness to the dangers especially the gross bugs and bacteria that group in these so called sterile "beautiful things". YUCK!

Sent: Wednesday, February 06, 2002 7:11 PM

Angelika,

Are you close to where your implanting surgeon practices? If so, I would just show up at his office and ask for the op report. They can't deny it to you, and if they have told you that they have sent it out, then you know they have it. And if they give you any problems, politely tell them that those records are yours and you would like to see them now as well as get a copy of the op report.

If your implanting ps is not close to you, call them back, ask to talk to the medical records dept, or the person who works in medical records. Tell her that you have not rec'd the op report, that it is almost a month since they sent it out, and you want another copy sent to you. Tell them you want it sent certified and that they can send you a bill for the certified letter.

I will be happy to help you if you want me to.

e

Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2002 10:29 PM

wow. Interesting info. My implanting doc was very old school and that should have sent up a red flag to me but only went to him because he was a friend of a friend. Anway, I spoke to them to today and they said they sent out the op report on 1/18 (which happened to also be my explant surgery date) Anyway, I still have not received it and my implanting phys assistant went over the address and I was like noooooooooo wrong apt number. I think she didn't even send it out. Something funny is up.

e

Love,

Angelika

ME TOO, I would love to be a part of this too, but I also have found that no one is interested in taking this issue on.

I also found out that Pierre will not be getting my implants analyzed right away so it may be awhile before I have all the answers I was hoping for.

love,

Sent: Wednesday, February 06, 2002 9:30 PM

Hi e

Thank you for responding, I have been feeling crappy today and not really been paying attention to the posts. My email was down this morning also. I would definitely be interested in being apart of the group but cannot find an attorney to represent me. I had two that were given to me by someone in the group but they never returned my calls and the one told me flat out that it wasn't worth their time. Please email me directly if you have any ideas on this issue that maybe we could pursue this again.

Thanks again,

Love,

Angelika

Angelika,

In an email I sent out last night, I quoted what Pierre's report said about faulty valves. His opinion was that there was definately the potential for a class action against McGhan because of the numerous complaints. I had tried to bring about a class action last spring, with some of the women in this support group joining. My attny was all gung ho about going forward, and he did talk to several women. However, around May of last yr, he started not returning anyone's calls and I pulled the plug on the whole thing. But there are attnys out there who might be interested in taking on a case if enough women were involved......

e

love,

Love,

Angelika

The same for me as well. He is so busy. He has both of our implants to examine so you will be getting your results before me. Then I will know probably a little while after you. We will keep this issue open. I am putting it in my things to do list/folder

Sent: Wednesday, February 06, 2002 11:39 PM

ME TOO, I would love to be a part of this too, but I also have found that no one is interested in taking this issue on.

I also found out that Pierre will not be getting my implants analyzed right away so it may be awhile before I have all the answers I was hoping for.

love,

Sent: Wednesday, February 06, 2002 9:30 PM

Hi e

Thanks again,

Love,

Angelika

Angelika,

e

love,

Love,

Angelika

Yes, Ladies, there are still some attorneys around who would probably be willing to take on some of these cases, in a class-action, if they can get enough committed participants to make it worth their time. So, if you want to go this route you should be letting some of us know, ASAP!

Sincerely,

MM

Martha MurdockNational Silicone Implant Foundationwww.topica.com/lists/BreastImplantNews/

What do you we have to do? Angelika and are are in forsure, i think Patty would do it too if she new that othes were interested.

Love,

Cc: e Lello ; Lawrence

Sent: Thursday, February 07, 2002 1:44 AM

Yes, Ladies, there are still some attorneys around who would probably be willing to take on some of these cases, in a class-action, if they can get enough committed participants to make it worth their time. So, if you want to go this route you should be letting some of us know, ASAP!

Sincerely,

MM

Martha MurdockNational Silicone Implant Foundationwww.topica.com/lists/BreastImplantNews/

I am committed. Let me know what to do. YOu can email me personally regarding this and what to do.

Thanks,

Angelika

Sent: Thursday, February 07, 2002 3:44 AM

Sincerely,

MM

yes please let us know!

Sent: Thursday, February 07, 2002 11:51 AM

I am committed. Let me know what to do. YOu can email me personally regarding this and what to do.

Thanks,

Angelika

Sent: Thursday, February 07, 2002 3:44 AM

Sincerely,

MM