RemedySpot.com

Re: My implants

Rate this topic

Guest guest

It's very hard to litigate these cases but do try--class action.

In my case, (which is different in scope from you ladies here) I tried to sue my PS for butchered me and operating on me with a high white blood count and very very low RBC. By the time I found an attorney willing to go for it, but he wanted a fat retainer. The bastard got away with hurting me. All I can do is find another PS to fix his mess and I can tell my story. I'd like to take my implants and shove them straight up his........

-Marie

Remember, though, that there are statute of limitations. It usually is 2 yrs from the time you were dx'd with symptoms. After the statute of limitations is up, you really don't have much legal recourse. However, if you don't think that a lawsuit will be brought about before your limitations is up, you can file in a court and that way if and when a class action is brought about, your case will have been filed in a court of law and then you are protected and will be able to file in a class action. I am unable to file anything, as my statute of limitations expired in August. So, for all of you whose statute of limitations has not expired, go break a leg and do it not just for yourself, but for all of us who have no legal recourse. e ----- Original Message ----- From: Heer Sent: Thursday, February 07, 2002 10:01 AM Subject: Re: My implants What do you we have to do? Angelika and are are in forsure, i think Patty would do it too if she new that othes were interested. Love, ----- Original Message ----- From: MARTHA-NSIF Cc: e Lello ; Lawrence Sent: Thursday, February 07, 2002 1:44 AM Subject: Re: My implants Yes, Ladies, there are still some attorneys around who would probably be willing to take on some of these cases, in a class-action, if they can get enough committed participants to make it worth their time. So, if you want to go this route you should be letting some of us know, ASAP! Sincerely, MM Martha MurdockNational Silicone Implant Foundationwww.topica.com/lists/BreastImplantNews/

Angelika, It is going to be hard to find a lawyer to take on a case involving implants. Because of the controversy and the lack of evidence implicating saline implants in disease, you will be hard pressed to find an attny who will take it on. But there are attny's out there, it's just a matter of finding one. Kathy ley ston had referred me to an attny in FL, but after he took down the basic information, he failed to return my calls or answer my emails. Guess he didn't feel that there was enough evidence to file. But if you do some research, you are bound to find an attny willing to take your case. It will just involve perserverance and dedication on your part. Good luck!! e ----- Original Message ----- From: Angelika Sent: Thursday, February 07, 2002 2:58 AM Subject: Re: My implants Hi e Thank you for responding, I have been feeling crappy today and not really been paying attention to the posts. My email was down this morning also. I would definitely be interested in being apart of the group but cannot find an attorney to represent me. I had two that were given to me by someone in the group but they never returned my calls and the one told me flat out that it wasn't worth their time. Please email me directly if you have any ideas on this issue that maybe we could pursue this again. Thanks again, Love, Angelika ----- Original Message ----- From: e Rene Sent: Wednesday, February 06, 2002 7:24 PM Subject: Re: My implants Angelika, In an email I sent out last night, I quoted what Pierre's report said about faulty valves. His opinion was that there was definately the potential for a class action against McGhan because of the numerous complaints. I had tried to bring about a class action last spring, with some of the women in this support group joining. My attny was all gung ho about going forward, and he did talk to several women. However, around May of last yr, he started not returning anyone's calls and I pulled the plug on the whole thing. But there are attnys out there who might be interested in taking on a case if enough women were involved...... e ----- Original Message ----- From: Angelika Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2002 10:06 PM Subject: Re: My implants do we have a case as far as legal action? ----- Original Message ----- From: Heer Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2002 10:37 PM Subject: Re: My implants The valves on many saline implants are defective according to Dr Blais. It is through this defective valve that bacteria and bodily fluids are able to move in and out, thus the problem with contamination. That is what he thinks happened with mine, which would indicate that I am probably ill due to infection, I will know more soon and I will be posting that information when I get it. love, ----- Original Message ----- From: Angelika Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2002 3:52 PM Subject: Re: My implants No, sometimes docs use antibiotics during the implant surgery which weakens the valve on the implant. From what I understand then bugs and bacteria can move into the implant from your body through the weakened valve. They then live and grown inside of the implants. Dr. Blais's number is 613-728-8688, I hope that I have given you the correct info, that is how I understood it when it was explained to me. Love, Angelika ----- Original Message ----- From: blksvr@... Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2002 2:36 PM Subject: Re: My implants Do you mean before the implants were put in that bugs could have got into them?I would like to have his numberThanksShirl

If this is a post that applies to me, I think that I am covered. I was diagnosed in November with FMS and had tests taken in December that showed up like I had lupus but I tested negative. I am due for a follow up for additional test results.

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Thursday, February 07, 2002 10:35 PM

Subject: Re: My implants

Remember, though, that there are statute of limitations. It usually is 2 yrs from the time you were dx'd with symptoms. After the statute of limitations is up, you really don't have much legal recourse. However, if you don't think that a lawsuit will be brought about before your limitations is up, you can file in a court and that way if and when a class action is brought about, your case will have been filed in a court of law and then you are protected and will be able to file in a class action.

I am unable to file anything, as my statute of limitations expired in August. So, for all of you whose statute of limitations has not expired, go break a leg and do it not just for yourself, but for all of us who have no legal recourse.

e

Sent: Thursday, February 07, 2002 10:01 AM

What do you we have to do? Angelika and are are in forsure, i think Patty would do it too if she new that othes were interested.

Love,

Cc: e Lello ; Lawrence

Sent: Thursday, February 07, 2002 1:44 AM

Yes, Ladies, there are still some attorneys around who would probably be willing to take on some of these cases, in a class-action, if they can get enough committed participants to make it worth their time. So, if you want to go this route you should be letting some of us know, ASAP!

Sincerely,

MM

Martha MurdockNational Silicone Implant Foundationwww.topica.com/lists/BreastImplantNews/

I agree I don't think what we went through is fair either, no one told me implants weren't approved by the FDA I didn't even get informed consent, I was lied to all the way.

Sent: Thursday, February 07, 2002 9:52 PM

I don't think that I would have any luck. The MDL is over and that was my only chance. I think I have every right to a settlement as the other women. I have become very sick from the implants and lost a lot of money from the fact that I became sick and still have school loans to pay for that don't even make sense since I do not have my full 4yr degree. What is it worth without it? I can't get a good job now because of it. Implants were not even approved when I got them. I didn't know that. There was a lot I didn't know. I is not right and I feel that there is every reason for me to win. I am thinking as a group of women pursuing this we might have a chance due to the faulty valve issue.

Sent: Thursday, February 07, 2002 10:40 PM

Angelika,

It is going to be hard to find a lawyer to take on a case involving implants. Because of the controversy and the lack of evidence implicating saline implants in disease, you will be hard pressed to find an attny who will take it on. But there are attny's out there, it's just a matter of finding one. Kathy ley ston had referred me to an attny in FL, but after he took down the basic information, he failed to return my calls or answer my emails. Guess he didn't feel that there was enough evidence to file. But if you do some research, you are bound to find an attny willing to take your case. It will just involve perserverance and dedication on your part. Good luck!!

e

Sent: Thursday, February 07, 2002 2:58 AM

Hi e

Thank you for responding, I have been feeling crappy today and not really been paying attention to the posts. My email was down this morning also. I would definitely be interested in being apart of the group but cannot find an attorney to represent me. I had two that were given to me by someone in the group but they never returned my calls and the one told me flat out that it wasn't worth their time. Please email me directly if you have any ideas on this issue that maybe we could pursue this again.

Thanks again,

Love,

Angelika

Sent: Wednesday, February 06, 2002 7:24 PM

Angelika,

In an email I sent out last night, I quoted what Pierre's report said about faulty valves. His opinion was that there was definately the potential for a class action against McGhan because of the numerous complaints. I had tried to bring about a class action last spring, with some of the women in this support group joining. My attny was all gung ho about going forward, and he did talk to several women. However, around May of last yr, he started not returning anyone's calls and I pulled the plug on the whole thing. But there are attnys out there who might be interested in taking on a case if enough women were involved......

e

Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2002 10:06 PM

do we have a case as far as legal action?

Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2002 10:37 PM

The valves on many saline implants are defective according to Dr Blais. It is through this defective valve that bacteria and bodily fluids are able to move in and out, thus the problem with contamination.

That is what he thinks happened with mine, which would indicate that I am probably ill due to infection, I will know more soon and I will be posting that information when I get it.

love,

Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2002 3:52 PM

No, sometimes docs use antibiotics during the implant surgery which weakens the valve on the implant. From what I understand then bugs and bacteria can move into the implant from your body through the weakened valve. They then live and grown inside of the implants. Dr. Blais's number is 613-728-8688, I hope that I have given you the correct info, that is how I understood it when it was explained to me.

Love,

Angelika

Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2002 2:36 PM

Do you mean before the implants were put in that bugs could have got into them?I would like to have his numberThanksShirl

I don't think that I would have any luck. The MDL is over and that was my only chance. I think I have every right to a settlement as the other women. I have become very sick from the implants and lost a lot of money from the fact that I became sick and still have school loans to pay for that don't even make sense since I do not have my full 4yr degree. What is it worth without it? I can't get a good job now because of it. Implants were not even approved when I got them. I didn't know that. There was a lot I didn't know. I is not right and I feel that there is every reason for me to win. I am thinking as a group of women pursuing this we might have a chance due to the faulty valve issue.

Angelika,

It is going to be hard to find a lawyer to take on a case involving implants. Because of the controversy and the lack of evidence implicating saline implants in disease, you will be hard pressed to find an attny who will take it on. But there are attny's out there, it's just a matter of finding one. Kathy ley ston had referred me to an attny in FL, but after he took down the basic information, he failed to return my calls or answer my emails. Guess he didn't feel that there was enough evidence to file. But if you do some research, you are bound to find an attny willing to take your case. It will just involve perserverance and dedication on your part. Good luck!!

e

Hi e

Thank you for responding, I have been feeling crappy today and not really been paying attention to the posts. My email was down this morning also. I would definitely be interested in being apart of the group but cannot find an attorney to represent me. I had two that were given to me by someone in the group but they never returned my calls and the one told me flat out that it wasn't worth their time. Please email me directly if you have any ideas on this issue that maybe we could pursue this again.

Thanks again,

Love,

Angelika

Angelika,

In an email I sent out last night, I quoted what Pierre's report said about faulty valves. His opinion was that there was definately the potential for a class action against McGhan because of the numerous complaints. I had tried to bring about a class action last spring, with some of the women in this support group joining. My attny was all gung ho about going forward, and he did talk to several women. However, around May of last yr, he started not returning anyone's calls and I pulled the plug on the whole thing. But there are attnys out there who might be interested in taking on a case if enough women were involved......

e

The valves on many saline implants are defective according to Dr Blais. It is through this defective valve that bacteria and bodily fluids are able to move in and out, thus the problem with contamination.

That is what he thinks happened with mine, which would indicate that I am probably ill due to infection, I will know more soon and I will be posting that information when I get it.

love,

No, sometimes docs use antibiotics during the implant surgery which weakens the valve on the implant. From what I understand then bugs and bacteria can move into the implant from your body through the weakened valve. They then live and grown inside of the implants. Dr. Blais's number is 613-728-8688, I hope that I have given you the correct info, that is how I understood it when it was explained to me.

Love,

Angelika

Do you mean before the implants were put in that bugs could have got into them?I would like to have his numberThanksShirl

Angelika, You're right--we as a group of women deserve monetary compensation for all that we've endured. And I feel, without a doubt, that we have a case due to the faulty valves and defective manufacturing of McGhan implants. However, the catch is getting a large enough group of women who will stick together and see it out to the end. AND getting a group of women whose statute of limitations has not expired. I think that finding women whose statute of limitations has not expired is easy--it is just trying to form a cohesive group to see it through to the end that will be difficult. Because no matter how you look at it, an attny will require some money up front to put him/her on retainer (usually $200 minimum). Then the rest of the case is usually done on a contingency basis. But it not only involves money, it also involves having to get all of your medical records and proving to the attny that your health problems are in some way related to the implants. This involves documentation not only of your health problems, but that your doctors felt and/or agreed that the implants were somehow related. And then if the attny agrees to take the case, it is impt to realize that lots of your medical/emotional problems will be brought into it, and many people will be looking at your past medical/psychiatric history. And believe me, the opposing side will more than likely try to blame your health problems on emotional problems. Nasty, corrupt, and mean, true. But not unheard of in the litigation business. I would love to see a group of women successfully enter into litigation and win!! I can check and see if there are any attny's in Denver who might be willing to take on a case...... e ----- Original Message ----- From: Angelika Sent: Thursday, February 07, 2002 9:56 PM Subject: Re: My implants I don't think that I would have any luck. The MDL is over and that was my only chance. I think I have every right to a settlement as the other women. I have become very sick from the implants and lost a lot of money from the fact that I became sick and still have school loans to pay for that don't even make sense since I do not have my full 4yr degree. What is it worth without it? I can't get a good job now because of it. Implants were not even approved when I got them. I didn't know that. There was a lot I didn't know. I is not right and I feel that there is every reason for me to win. I am thinking as a group of women pursuing this we might have a chance due to the faulty valve issue. ----- Original Message ----- From: e Rene Sent: Thursday, February 07, 2002 10:40 PM Subject: Re: My implants Angelika, It is going to be hard to find a lawyer to take on a case involving implants. Because of the controversy and the lack of evidence implicating saline implants in disease, you will be hard pressed to find an attny who will take it on. But there are attny's out there, it's just a matter of finding one. Kathy ley ston had referred me to an attny in FL, but after he took down the basic information, he failed to return my calls or answer my emails. Guess he didn't feel that there was enough evidence to file. But if you do some research, you are bound to find an attny willing to take your case. It will just involve perserverance and dedication on your part. Good luck!! e ----- Original Message ----- From: Angelika Sent: Thursday, February 07, 2002 2:58 AM Subject: Re: My implants Hi e Thank you for responding, I have been feeling crappy today and not really been paying attention to the posts. My email was down this morning also. I would definitely be interested in being apart of the group but cannot find an attorney to represent me. I had two that were given to me by someone in the group but they never returned my calls and the one told me flat out that it wasn't worth their time. Please email me directly if you have any ideas on this issue that maybe we could pursue this again. Thanks again, Love, Angelika ----- Original Message ----- From: e Rene Sent: Wednesday, February 06, 2002 7:24 PM Subject: Re: My implants Angelika, In an email I sent out last night, I quoted what Pierre's report said about faulty valves. His opinion was that there was definately the potential for a class action against McGhan because of the numerous complaints. I had tried to bring about a class action last spring, with some of the women in this support group joining. My attny was all gung ho about going forward, and he did talk to several women. However, around May of last yr, he started not returning anyone's calls and I pulled the plug on the whole thing. But there are attnys out there who might be interested in taking on a case if enough women were involved...... e ----- Original Message ----- From: Angelika Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2002 10:06 PM Subject: Re: My implants do we have a case as far as legal action? ----- Original Message ----- From: Heer Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2002 10:37 PM Subject: Re: My implants The valves on many saline implants are defective according to Dr Blais. It is through this defective valve that bacteria and bodily fluids are able to move in and out, thus the problem with contamination. That is what he thinks happened with mine, which would indicate that I am probably ill due to infection, I will know more soon and I will be posting that information when I get it. love, ----- Original Message ----- From: Angelika Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2002 3:52 PM Subject: Re: My implants No, sometimes docs use antibiotics during the implant surgery which weakens the valve on the implant. From what I understand then bugs and bacteria can move into the implant from your body through the weakened valve. They then live and grown inside of the implants. Dr. Blais's number is 613-728-8688, I hope that I have given you the correct info, that is how I understood it when it was explained to me. Love, Angelika ----- Original Message ----- From: blksvr@... Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2002 2:36 PM Subject: Re: My implants Do you mean before the implants were put in that bugs could have got into them?I would like to have his numberThanksShirl

Angelika, If you were first dx'd with health problems in the fall, then you are covered by the statute of limitations. So, you have 2 yrs (it does vary from state to state, so it would be best to check your state laws about statute of limitations) in which to file a lawsuit. So, if your state has a 2 yr statute of limitations, then you have until fall of 2003 to file a lawsuit. e ----- Original Message ----- From: Angelika Sent: Thursday, February 07, 2002 8:49 PM Subject: Re: My implants If this is a post that applies to me, I think that I am covered. I was diagnosed in November with FMS and had tests taken in December that showed up like I had lupus but I tested negative. I am due for a follow up for additional test results. ----- Original Message ----- From: e Rene Sent: Thursday, February 07, 2002 10:35 PM Subject: Re: My implants Remember, though, that there are statute of limitations. It usually is 2 yrs from the time you were dx'd with symptoms. After the statute of limitations is up, you really don't have much legal recourse. However, if you don't think that a lawsuit will be brought about before your limitations is up, you can file in a court and that way if and when a class action is brought about, your case will have been filed in a court of law and then you are protected and will be able to file in a class action. I am unable to file anything, as my statute of limitations expired in August. So, for all of you whose statute of limitations has not expired, go break a leg and do it not just for yourself, but for all of us who have no legal recourse. e ----- Original Message ----- From: Heer Sent: Thursday, February 07, 2002 10:01 AM Subject: Re: My implants What do you we have to do? Angelika and are are in forsure, i think Patty would do it too if she new that othes were interested. Love, ----- Original Message ----- From: MARTHA-NSIF Cc: e Lello ; Lawrence Sent: Thursday, February 07, 2002 1:44 AM Subject: Re: My implants Yes, Ladies, there are still some attorneys around who would probably be willing to take on some of these cases, in a class-action, if they can get enough committed participants to make it worth their time. So, if you want to go this route you should be letting some of us know, ASAP! Sincerely, MM Martha MurdockNational Silicone Implant Foundationwww.topica.com/lists/BreastImplantNews/

I can do this. I had to do all of those things for disability and still have not heard anything so i can do this.

Sent: Friday, February 08, 2002 12:48 AM

Angelika,

You're right--we as a group of women deserve monetary compensation for all that we've endured. And I feel, without a doubt, that we have a case due to the faulty valves and defective manufacturing of McGhan implants. However, the catch is getting a large enough group of women who will stick together and see it out to the end. AND getting a group of women whose statute of limitations has not expired. I think that finding women whose statute of limitations has not expired is easy--it is just trying to form a cohesive group to see it through to the end that will be difficult. Because no matter how you look at it, an attny will require some money up front to put him/her on retainer (usually $200 minimum). Then the rest of the case is usually done on a contingency basis. But it not only involves money, it also involves having to get all of your medical records and proving to the attny that your health problems are in some way related to the implants. This involves documentation not only of your health problems, but that your doctors felt and/or agreed that the implants were somehow related. And then if the attny agrees to take the case, it is impt to realize that lots of your medical/emotional problems will be brought into it, and many people will be looking at your past medical/psychiatric history. And believe me, the opposing side will more than likely try to blame your health problems on emotional problems. Nasty, corrupt, and mean, true. But not unheard of in the litigation business. I would love to see a group of women successfully enter into litigation and win!! I can check and see if there are any attny's in Denver who might be willing to take on a case......

e

Sent: Thursday, February 07, 2002 9:56 PM

Angelika,

e

Hi e

Thanks again,

Love,

Angelika

Angelika,

e

love,

Love,

Angelika

Thank you e, you are very well educated. You should become an attorney with all of that knowledge.

Sent: Friday, February 08, 2002 12:57 AM

Angelika,

If you were first dx'd with health problems in the fall, then you are covered by the statute of limitations. So, you have 2 yrs (it does vary from state to state, so it would be best to check your state laws about statute of limitations) in which to file a lawsuit. So, if your state has a 2 yr statute of limitations, then you have until fall of 2003 to file a lawsuit.

e

Sent: Thursday, February 07, 2002 8:49 PM

If this is a post that applies to me, I think that I am covered. I was diagnosed in November with FMS and had tests taken in December that showed up like I had lupus but I tested negative. I am due for a follow up for additional test results.

Sent: Thursday, February 07, 2002 10:35 PM

Remember, though, that there are statute of limitations. It usually is 2 yrs from the time you were dx'd with symptoms. After the statute of limitations is up, you really don't have much legal recourse. However, if you don't think that a lawsuit will be brought about before your limitations is up, you can file in a court and that way if and when a class action is brought about, your case will have been filed in a court of law and then you are protected and will be able to file in a class action.

I am unable to file anything, as my statute of limitations expired in August. So, for all of you whose statute of limitations has not expired, go break a leg and do it not just for yourself, but for all of us who have no legal recourse.

e

Sent: Thursday, February 07, 2002 10:01 AM

What do you we have to do? Angelika and are are in forsure, i think Patty would do it too if she new that othes were interested.

Love,

Cc: e Lello ; Lawrence

Sent: Thursday, February 07, 2002 1:44 AM

Yes, Ladies, there are still some attorneys around who would probably be willing to take on some of these cases, in a class-action, if they can get enough committed participants to make it worth their time. So, if you want to go this route you should be letting some of us know, ASAP!

Sincerely,

MM

Martha MurdockNational Silicone Implant Foundationwww.topica.com/lists/BreastImplantNews/

Dear e:

Looks like we let justice slip away...

All you other gals out there who have been screwed by this nightmare--keep an eye on the calendar, the statute is running out. Claim your rights, don't give up and hide as I did.

Take care,

-Marie

I know how you feel, (Marie). When I requested my records from my implanting surgeon, 1.5 yrs ago, I was shocked and dismayed to find out what he had done. He not only overfilled both of my implants, but put 100cc of betadine in each, which is a BIG no-no. My attny and I were going to go after him, but my statute of limitations was running out quickly and at the time, I just couldn't afford to give my attny more money, as I wasn't working much as it was, and was cash poor. So, this doc got away with something he never should have gotten away with. And I hope he rots in hell for what he did. I just have to keep remembering--what goes around, comes around!! I would love to see some women file a class action. Not only will they be representing themselves, but all of us as well who cannot take part in the lawsuit. I think if someone can find an attny willing to represent them, then it will send a powerful message that not only are we going away, but we believe in ourselves and want to right the numerous wrongs that have been done to us. e ----- Original Message ----- From: perlesetlacet@... Sent: Friday, February 08, 2002 12:02 AM Subject: Re: My implants It's very hard to litigate these cases but do try--class action.In my case, (which is different in scope from you ladies here) I tried to sue my PS for butchered me and operating on me with a high white blood count and very very low RBC. By the time I found an attorney willing to go for it, but he wanted a fat retainer. The bastard got away with hurting me. All I can do is find another PS to fix his mess and I can tell my story. I'd like to take my implants and shove them straight up his........-Marie

Hi e,

I hope you will consider taking some kind of action, if it's only reporting him to the State Bar Assoc., for not taking a case and filing the initial papers even if it was nearly the 'deadline'!

TX Mom