RemedySpot.com

Re: My heart

Rate this topic

Guest guest

It's hard to describe. It's like a flutter feeling I get in my chest. It's not constant, but sometimes last a long time sometimes very short. It's gradually gotten more noticeable. And fatigue. That's about it for symptoms. I'm worried about the long term effects from this.

Shirl

HI shirl.

I don't know what your symptoms, please post. I think my husband might have the same problem

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Monday, February 04, 2002 1:29 PM

Subject: my heart

Well, I got my report back from my doctor about my heart. He said I have mitral regurgitation and tricuspid. I'm going in next week sometime to talk to him about it. Does anyone else have this? I'm starting to get pretty scared of all this crap going on with my body.Shirl

I know nothing about heart stuff maybe e knows!

I will ask around at work tomorrow, I know it is scary, can it have anything to do with your meds?

Sent: Monday, February 04, 2002 1:03 PM

Subject: Re: my heart

HI shirl.

I don't know what your symptoms, please post. I think my husband might have the same problem

Sent: Monday, February 04, 2002 1:29 PM

Subject: my heart

Well, I got my report back from my doctor about my heart. He said I have mitral regurgitation and tricuspid. I'm going in next week sometime to talk to him about it. Does anyone else have this? I'm starting to get pretty scared of all this crap going on with my body.Shirl

Shirl, Mitral and tricuspid valve regurg are not too big a deal. I posted something this past wknd on it--did you see it? The symptoms are annoying and can be scary, but typically, there is not treatment except in more serious cases and then the cardiologist may put you on a cardiac med. Also, if you have edema (swelling) in your extremities or have a "wet" cough, then they may put you on Lasix or some other diuretic. But otherwise, I have seen very few serious cases. The hallmark of mitral valve regurg (and tricuspid) is a heart murmur. It is classic. Essentially, all this condition is is a the failure of the mitral and tricuspid valve to close completely. So, as a result, blood is always flowing through, creating the heart murmur. It just creates more fluid for the heart to have to work with, which can stress the heart and cause it to work harder because it's constantly having to try to get rid of this excess fluid (blood). And like I said, it is rarely serious in young adults. However, when you get to be in your 60's and 70's then it can be more severe, and the likelihood that you will need treatment or further intervention is possible. e ----- Original Message ----- From: Heer Sent: Wednesday, February 06, 2002 10:51 AM Subject: Re: my heart I know nothing about heart stuff maybe e knows! I will ask around at work tomorrow, I know it is scary, can it have anything to do with your meds? ----- Original Message ----- From: Angelika Sent: Monday, February 04, 2002 1:03 PM Subject: Re: my heart HI shirl. I don't know what your symptoms, please post. I think my husband might have the same problem ----- Original Message ----- From: blksvr@... Sent: Monday, February 04, 2002 1:29 PM Subject: my heart Well, I got my report back from my doctor about my heart. He said I have mitral regurgitation and tricuspid. I'm going in next week sometime to talk to him about it. Does anyone else have this? I'm starting to get pretty scared of all this crap going on with my body.Shirl

I am glad that you have some piece of mind at least. I, too am feeling much better today, my back is not hurting so much at all so maybe it really was that medication for the osteopenia, funny I read a story today on explantation.com about a woman who has osteopenia also, her Dr , who happened to be Feng told her that the calcification around the implants caused it (possibly) while her body was trying to rid itself of the calcium around the implants it was also ridding calcium from her bones, this is very interesting, I want to find out more about this.

Love

; fdp@...

Sent: Thursday, February 07, 2002 3:05 PM

Subject: My heart

Well, I went to my doctor today so he could go over the results of my echo and he said he didn't feel it was anything to worry about unless I start to have symptoms. He said that the regurgitation is mild in both. So I've got a little piece of mind, but I'm still worried about my future.......plus, I don't know how much I really truly believe doctors at all anymore. Even the ones that I have that really seem like they want to help. Shirl