RemedySpot.com

Re: 4 year anniversary

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I have wanted to comment on this as well but it has been so busy on here.

I am totally committed to keeping this group going, I don't know how long I will remain as moderator, as Patty has been doing it for the last few years we grew very very close and while I have, yes me, ha ha been at times a total bitch and argued with everyone on here, esp. in the beginning when I wanted to believe it was not my implants and was in a major case of denial I grew to love and respect Patty and eventually it was her influence that made me realize what was happening and to take charge of my body and that was a very liberating moment.

Patty was the fist person who when I spoke to her, could read my symptoms to me, I new then that no matter what I did I would never go a day without thinking about the implants as the cause of my problems, I still wasn't ready to face it, but even if I had miraculously gotten well, I new that there was no going back after reading her story.

I envied her too, for having had the guts to get the implants out at only 8 months, I couldn't find the strength yet, but I would eventually.

I envied her so much and that she was getting better while I floundered out there, clinging to something because, quite frankly I was clinging to the idea of implants, it had been in my head for so long and I had dreamed of the day I would have big boobs so long, that I couldn't let go of the dream even though in reality it had turned to my worse nightmare.

So I took time away from the group and at one point decided I would live with the pain, head problems etc....

However I finally couldn't do it anymore, and that was in November 2000 when I came back to the group for good.

I have grown to care allot about everyone here, and in fact this whole issue has become very important to me, so when I was asked to help moderate I was very honored and while I have had some issues crop up I have learned to be more open and honest, and less judgmental, it has been a very eye opening and educational journey and now I am hoping I can take over the reins of this group and continue the wonderful work that Patty has started with the same openness and honesty as Patty.

I don't claim to have all the answers and I am certainly not as educated in holistic matters as Patty is, but I am learning that it is the best way for us to go as far as our health and our future.

I am honored to be a part of this group and hope that all of you will assist me with new ideas and new ways to better serve you all.

Remember however that this is "Your" group and that is who makes it wonderful and powerful, all of you.

I am open to ideas and hope that everyone will take a productive part in making this place even better and bigger so that we can help more and more women as this whole implant thing is most likely going to continue to grow into something even bigger I am afraid in the future with more and more young women getting implanted everyday.

I look forward to learning more and more about natural healing methods and teaming them with other methods that may give us the best possible outcomes, I know and believe that if we keep things as natural as possible we are doing the best thing for ourselves we can. I still feel that there are times when we need Dr's but lately it seems that is less and less.

I am hoping that we can still remain focused on the principles that Patty began this group on, and that is my hope for us all.

Love,

blessings

----- Original Message -----

Cc: Ilena Rosenthal

Sent: Friday, February 01, 2002 6:12 PM

Subject: 4 year anniversary

Good evening, Ladies,

This February 28th will mark my 4 year anniversary for removing my McGhan textured saline implants.

It has been a long hard 4 years, but filled with many new friends, lots of learning and education about health and politics, new experiences, making contacts and being contacted by people I would nave never had the pleasure to communicate with. I was interviewed by two national major magazines, (Glamour and First for Women), I was interviewed by Hager of NBC Nightly News and appeared on one of their evening news reports on national TV, I was interviewed locally and was the subject of a local news story on implants here on Channel 3 in Las Vegas, flew to Washington D.C. and testified before the FDA Advisory panel in March of 2000, started this Saline Support group, and last year, testified before the Nevada State Legislature. Never in my wildest imagination would I have anticipated any of this happening when I made the fateful decision to get implants in early 1997. Normally a very shy person, I find it hard to believe that I have gone through all that I have at this point. But it has never been about me. It has always been about sharing the truth about the dangers of implants and helping women to overcome this horrendous nightmare, and to find healing.

What is the most satisfying aspect of this whole sordid ordeal is that through this, I have learned more about my body and my health, and maintaining it than I ever did before. I thought I was a healthy person back then, and I was, but my knowledge of health issues has expanded to the point that I am so very thankful to have learned what I did. I have been able to help my family and others who are going through their own health issues, and know that we have a much better chance at a longer, healthier life now than we did before, using natural and alternative healing methods. My husband has already benefitted greatly from the things we have done to change our lives and put into practice, and I know my children will retain life long habits that will allow them to make wise decisions about their own health. I love them so dearly that I can honestly say it has been worth it, just for them.

I also have learned to have compassion for others in their time of sickness, have learned to deal with anger and be forgiving, as there is no benefit in harboring anger. It only hurts the person holding onto it. God has been faithful and has been my source of strength throughout my implant experience. I know that no matter what happens to me, He holds my life in the palm of His hand, and that He loves me, and that everything will be OK.

I myself have healed to the point that I live a totally normal life once again. While I don't have the incredible stamina that I used to have, (I could get alot of hours out of day before implants!) I still have great amounts of energy and suffer from no more of the terrible symptoms that I used to. I asked God to heal me, and I believe that He did. He still is bringing me healing, in so many different ways. I am incredibly thankful for that.

At this point in my life, I feel that it is time to move forward. I have been considering leaving the group for some time in order to pursue some other projects that I have been working on, but I did not want to leave prematurely. has been taking over some of the responsibilities as moderator, and I am so thankful for her and her desire to be there for everyone. I know that she will be a wonderful encouragement to all of you.

I hope and pray that those who are suffering now will continue to heal and I pray you will find hope in your life for renewal and the ability to move on with your lives. I also hope that none of you will stop sharing with the world the fact that saline implants are dangerous and risky and that women today are not being told the real truth by the media and majority of plastic surgeons.

I don't plan to stop sharing this truth either. While I may not be active on this group, I do invite any of you to write me personally if you would like to or feel the need to. I intend to stay informed through Ilena's group about implant issues. I still care about all of you, and wish you God's best.

Remember that only you can take charge of your life and your health, and find healing. Follow your heart.

With love,

Patty

• 1 year later...

We are so happy for you two. Always , in our thoughts. Yes, enjoy eveyday!!!!

You are both special people. That is why you both are together to this day.

Happy Holidays to you and your family..

Love Gaynel & CliffXXXX & OOOOOS