RemedySpot.com

Medical Boards

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I think Dr. Kolb brings up a very good point, however.

I think it would be wise for all women to check out the state medical boards for any complaints that may have been lodged against any potential plastic surgeon. This is just good homework, regardless of how long ago it was, or what state they may have practised in.

I myself have not been aware that this kind of information is available on the Internet. The fact that it is available just makes it all the more practical for conducting this kind of research. How many times have we heard about doctors getting away with scamming patients? If they move from state to state, more often than not their reputation does not follow them, and past histories can remain buried in obscurity. Would it be safe to say that most women do not contact state medical boards to research doctors? I never have. I went solely by word of mouth.

I also do not believe that all bad doctors appears on these lists, because most people do not take the time to pursue these things unless there has been some very serious breaches of conduct or malpractice. All the more reason to look at these state lists more closely. If anyone is on the list, there has to be a good reason for it.

The most difficult part of doing this type of research is that you have to go state by state. According to , there does not appear to be a national register that is accessible to the public. I encourage anyone using the services of a plastic surgeon that is unknown for their expertise in doing explant to contact state medical boards in the states their doctor has practiced. This information is available from your doctor upon request.

Patty

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Thursday, January 31, 2002 9:09 PM

Subject: Re:

What does this mean? That address is an old address. This is not current info? I don't think that we can really use it as a reference if the info is not up to date and correct.

Sent: Thursday, January 31, 2002 10:58 PM

You can check out Gordon at www.medicalboard.state.ga.us/bdsearch/index.cgi.

Sent: Thursday, January 31, 2002 3:07 PM

Angelika:Dave s...cool. How long ago was your surgery? You mention you're from Virginia, how did you hear about Gordon? How long did you stay in LV? I would think traveling immediately after surgery would not be good. I hope you feel better soon. No lifting!Pearl