RemedySpot.com

e

Rate this topic

Guest guest

, Thanks for your concern. I have thought of alternatives, but it is very difficult for me because I have a kitty. Many people would be willing to put me up until I found a new job, but then they find out I have a kitty, and they can't because they are either not animal people or are allergic to cats. I have been looking for places to rent for the past wk and while there are places, every single one of them I've contacted requires a credit check---even individuals renting a room. , to be quite honest, I have no fight left in me. I am undergoing a bone marrow bx on Tues, and then major neck surgery on the 13th. I will find out my prognosis after Wed, my parents despise me and think I'm an embarrassment to them, and I am stuck in a career that I loathe with no other degree to fall back on. It couldn't get more hopeless. I have given up on everything. I know that this is not what the group needs to hear, but I've searched every avenue and looked at every option and alternative, and there is just no hope. The best I can hope for is that I get offered a job and can start fresh. However, the majority of employers base their decision to hire you on your credit history. Because my credit has been destroyed, I will likely never be offered a job. This is unfortunate, and I think unethical and immoral because just because my credit is bad doesn't mean that I am not a hard, dedicated worker/employee. If anything, my bad credit makes me want to work even harder to pay off existing debts (which I have decreased significantly) and to get my credit back on track. But try telling this to a perspective employer and it's like talking to a brick wall. 2 yrs ago, my credit was astounding and I could have anything I wanted. Now, because I've been so ill, everything I know and love is gone due to my credit. At any rate, I am just hoping for an early death from CA so that I can save myself from my own destructive death wishes. Please forgive me for being so negative. There is just nothing left to live for. e ----- Original Message ----- From: Heer Sent: Friday, February 01, 2002 2:28 PM Subject: e I meant to write to you sooner but I didn't have time to write a response that was appropriate for what you are going through. I am very saddened by this news and your latest battles, I am sure to you they are very overwhelming. I know what it is like to be so poor and to have bad credit, in CA before I met my husband and when I was so sick I thought I would never be able to afford explant and never be able to afford the organic food I needed or the supplements or any kind of treatment to get well, I often times couldn't pay for certain things and had outstanding debts as well, I was forunate in that my parents had put my mobile home under their names so that I had a home, but many times I was so close to not being able to make the payments it was scary esp when I was so sick, I had no choice but to go to work as ill as I was, and I know you do this also. however I managed to get by. I have a couple of suggestions that maybe you may not have thought of to help your situation I am not completely clear on why you have to move, but with your career as an RN in a big hospital have you tried to find a room you could rent in someones home, maybe a collegue or someone you know, anyone that you might work with that would not be so inclined or concerned with credit reports? There are usually always people looking to share rent on a home too, esp in the nursing field. Have you thought about taking a travel assignment in the area, meaning maybe just a short distance from Denver? Have you looked into a shelter where you stay temporarily until you have some money together? There has to be someone who would let you stay with them for a short time. I am sure you are well liked by the people you work with, maybe someone from the area is on the support group or Ilenas or Lany's that could help. Last, I would love to help any way I can if you tell me what you need, I am not saying I can work miracles or anything, but I do care and would like to be here for you as I have said many many times. Please e no matter how hard it gets you cannot let it overcome you, you are strong and have weathered tougher storms than this. I will pray for you and that things will be better soon. Please understand that you are well loved and respected by many, I realize that family is very important and I admit I am blessed with my family, but I do know what it feels like to be misubderstood by relatives and how hard it is. Please e keep your chin up and try not to give up, attitude is everything for us with this hardship, it will keep you strong when you need to be if you remian positive even in the face of adversity. I know as I have been through many tough times that I thought would kill me but they didn't, you can come out on top too if you try. Love and blessings,

e when are you going to send me your pictures to add to the site I would love to see Dr Huangs work !

Love

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2002 4:59 PM

Subject: Re: Questions for Docs

Have any of you considered Dr. Huang in Denver? That is who did my explant, and she actually went to school with Dr. Feng and/or they did their residency together. She is also board certified in microsurgery, and specializes in microscars. She is so compassionate and caring, and when no one would help me out with my pain issues back in December, she did. She answers email, although it may take a couple of days. She knows me well, and if you called her or wrote to her and told her I referred you, she would probably get back to you sooner. I referred another woman to her who was explanted in Sept and she is very pleased with her results and really liked Dr. Huang. Also, Dr. Huang worked hard to get her insurance to pay for it. Also, Dr. Huang is much cheaper than any other ps (at least from what I've seen women post). Her fee for the explant is $2500 and that includes your preop visit and all of your postop appts and the facility fee. Anesthesia was an add'l $800. So, my total bill was $3300, and insurance paid for every bit of it except for a $100 copay. Now I had my surgery done at an outpatient surgical center, and did not have the fees of a hospital, so that could be why it is much cheaper. However, when she and I discussed which facility to use (she has admitting privileges at 3), the hospitals were only about $1000 more, so it still would have been under $5000 total. The women that come in from out of town/state are usually operated on in the hospital setting, for whatever reason. It could be insurance related/driven, as well. I had no choice but to use the outpatient surgical center. My insurance was through one hospital system, and the 2 hospitals she uses are different systems. My insurance simply refused to allow me to go into a competing hospital. Fine with me---it all worked out well.

She does a fabulous job and my scars are practically invisible. You can only really see them when you get up close. Also, I did not have a mastopexy done, so that is another reason my charge was less. She really didn't feel that I'd need a mastopexy; however I made her promise me that if she got the implants out and my breasts looked real bad, she would do a mastopexy. But my breasts look good and aren't any more saggy then before I had my implants. She did a fantastic job. I do know of 2 women who had the explant and mastopexy, and their total cost was $5000. She also had to detach my left nipple because once the implant was out, the nipples were uneven. She detached it and repositioned it so that it was pretty equal to the right, and I have complete sensation not just in my left nipple and breast, but both of them.

If anyone wants her email or her phone #, let me know. She is well worth it!! She also is one of the pioneers in doing the en bloc technique. In addition, she was voted one of the top 10 doctors in the Denver metro area by other doctors.

e

Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2002 7:58 AM

Oh no Pearl.

Don't you dare give up on me. I will drive over the CBBT if I have to. You are such a beautiful person inside and out. I don't want you to give up!! We all have each other. We really do. Try Dr Feng's office again, I gave up to from trying to reach her but I think maybe can try to reach her for you since she a close relationship with dr. feng. Dr. Feng does care, I know because I hear now of so many stories of where she has held women why they just cried in her arms. She didn't return my calls either and that is why I went to my surgeon. I felt they were very compassionate but give Feng another try because I have learned now many good things about feng.

Sent: Sunday, February 03, 2002 4:44 PM

Hi ,I appreciate the information about Dr. Feng. Unfortunately, Dr. Feng's office does not return my phone call or e-mail regarding her use of general anesthesia for mastopexy. I can't have any more general anesthesia than already has been given to me. I became very sick from it and developed telogen effluvium. My only conclusion I can draw from this is that they don't care about MY situation and MY needs as an individual. There are surgeon out there who do mastopexy with local anesthesia with sedation. I'm just scarred because what if I choose another dud?It's nice that Feng makes nice incisions, but what about my hair? I've had a large degree of loss with no recovery thus far. Maybe being dead is a better alternative then I won't have to look at these explantation scars and my diffuse hair loss. I'm really depressed today.Pearl

Yes that would be great I can scan them and post them and then I can also send a copy to you via email and then send them back. Email me and I will send you my address.

e I am also wondering if you have ever experienced back pain that makes it hard to lay, sit or anything without pain, I am in agony today and it seems that it all started with the nasal spray and the couple of doses of fosomax, I don't know if this could be, as I said I did not take allot of the fosomax, however I am in so much pain I am not sure what is going on and I am so upset.

Let me know if you have any ideas, I really am suffering here.

love,

Sent: Wednesday, February 06, 2002 5:27 PM

Subject: Re: e

Last time I saw Dr. Huang, I asked her to get me copies of the pics, both before and after. She told me she would, but then I never followed up on it. I will email her and hopefully get them soon, maybe next wk after my surgery, I can drive down to her office and pick them up. I have no idea how to put them into the computer, as I don't have a scanner. But I would be more than happy to snail mail them to you and then you can put them in.

e

Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2002 9:30 PM

Subject: e

e when are you going to send me your pictures to add to the site I would love to see Dr Huangs work !

Love

Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2002 4:59 PM

Have any of you considered Dr. Huang in Denver? That is who did my explant, and she actually went to school with Dr. Feng and/or they did their residency together. She is also board certified in microsurgery, and specializes in microscars. She is so compassionate and caring, and when no one would help me out with my pain issues back in December, she did. She answers email, although it may take a couple of days. She knows me well, and if you called her or wrote to her and told her I referred you, she would probably get back to you sooner. I referred another woman to her who was explanted in Sept and she is very pleased with her results and really liked Dr. Huang. Also, Dr. Huang worked hard to get her insurance to pay for it. Also, Dr. Huang is much cheaper than any other ps (at least from what I've seen women post). Her fee for the explant is $2500 and that includes your preop visit and all of your postop appts and the facility fee. Anesthesia was an add'l $800. So, my total bill was $3300, and insurance paid for every bit of it except for a $100 copay. Now I had my surgery done at an outpatient surgical center, and did not have the fees of a hospital, so that could be why it is much cheaper. However, when she and I discussed which facility to use (she has admitting privileges at 3), the hospitals were only about $1000 more, so it still would have been under $5000 total. The women that come in from out of town/state are usually operated on in the hospital setting, for whatever reason. It could be insurance related/driven, as well. I had no choice but to use the outpatient surgical center. My insurance was through one hospital system, and the 2 hospitals she uses are different systems. My insurance simply refused to allow me to go into a competing hospital. Fine with me---it all worked out well.

She does a fabulous job and my scars are practically invisible. You can only really see them when you get up close. Also, I did not have a mastopexy done, so that is another reason my charge was less. She really didn't feel that I'd need a mastopexy; however I made her promise me that if she got the implants out and my breasts looked real bad, she would do a mastopexy. But my breasts look good and aren't any more saggy then before I had my implants. She did a fantastic job. I do know of 2 women who had the explant and mastopexy, and their total cost was $5000. She also had to detach my left nipple because once the implant was out, the nipples were uneven. She detached it and repositioned it so that it was pretty equal to the right, and I have complete sensation not just in my left nipple and breast, but both of them.

If anyone wants her email or her phone #, let me know. She is well worth it!! She also is one of the pioneers in doing the en bloc technique. In addition, she was voted one of the top 10 doctors in the Denver metro area by other doctors.

e

Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2002 7:58 AM

Oh no Pearl.

Don't you dare give up on me. I will drive over the CBBT if I have to. You are such a beautiful person inside and out. I don't want you to give up!! We all have each other. We really do. Try Dr Feng's office again, I gave up to from trying to reach her but I think maybe can try to reach her for you since she a close relationship with dr. feng. Dr. Feng does care, I know because I hear now of so many stories of where she has held women why they just cried in her arms. She didn't return my calls either and that is why I went to my surgeon. I felt they were very compassionate but give Feng another try because I have learned now many good things about feng.

Sent: Sunday, February 03, 2002 4:44 PM

Hi ,I appreciate the information about Dr. Feng. Unfortunately, Dr. Feng's office does not return my phone call or e-mail regarding her use of general anesthesia for mastopexy. I can't have any more general anesthesia than already has been given to me. I became very sick from it and developed telogen effluvium. My only conclusion I can draw from this is that they don't care about MY situation and MY needs as an individual. There are surgeon out there who do mastopexy with local anesthesia with sedation. I'm just scarred because what if I choose another dud?It's nice that Feng makes nice incisions, but what about my hair? I've had a large degree of loss with no recovery thus far. Maybe being dead is a better alternative then I won't have to look at these explantation scars and my diffuse hair loss. I'm really depressed today.Pearl

• 2 weeks later...

Hi ,

I sent e a message last night (Thur) to let her know I would go to Denver, if she needed/wanted me, and to just let me know. If anyone hears from e, and they think I need to go --- please just find out exactly where I need to go to take care of her, and I WILL get there!

MM

Martha MurdockNational Silicone Implant Foundationwww.topica.com/lists/BreastImplantNews/(972) 490-4164 -- private number

Dallas, TX