RemedySpot.com

Dr feng

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I checked out Dr. Feng's website and was surprised to see that she also does implants. I was under the impression that she only did explants, b/c she believed implants are harmful.

Can anybody recommend any dr.'s, preferrably women, that do explants. I live in NC.

I looked at one of my references and came up with this one. I believe she is the closest to you. However, I still would choose Dr. Feng over anyone else in this country, based on her extremely stellar reputation.

18. DR. SHIRLEY MADISON, Plastic Surgeon, 244 Greenville, NW, Aiken, SC,> 29801, 1-803-641-3879

I cannot give any specific recommendation for this doctor. I can only tell you that her name has appeared on a list of recommended Plastic Surgeons.

By the way, if any of you have a copy of the list of recommended plastic surgeons that I may have forwarded to you, can you please send a copy back to me? My son formatted my hard drive and lost one file I had saved, which included the list of recommended plastic surgeons that I had edited and expanded. I am sick at the loss of this list. If you can help me out, I appreciate it! Thank you!

Patty

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Wednesday, January 09, 2002 7:25 AM

Subject: Dr feng

I checked out Dr. Feng's website and was surprised to see that she also does implants. I was under the impression that she only did explants, b/c she believed implants are harmful.

Can anybody recommend any dr.'s, preferrably women, that do explants. I live in NC.

Thanks Patty. I most likely will use Dr. Feng.

Sent: Wednesday, January 09, 2002 10:53 AM

Subject: Re: Dr feng

I looked at one of my references and came up with this one. I believe she is the closest to you. However, I still would choose Dr. Feng over anyone else in this country, based on her extremely stellar reputation.

18. DR. SHIRLEY MADISON, Plastic Surgeon, 244 Greenville, NW, Aiken, SC,> 29801, 1-803-641-3879

I cannot give any specific recommendation for this doctor. I can only tell you that her name has appeared on a list of recommended Plastic Surgeons.

By the way, if any of you have a copy of the list of recommended plastic surgeons that I may have forwarded to you, can you please send a copy back to me? My son formatted my hard drive and lost one file I had saved, which included the list of recommended plastic surgeons that I had edited and expanded. I am sick at the loss of this list. If you can help me out, I appreciate it! Thank you!

Patty

Patty the list is posted on www.explantation.com, they have an updated version but it is basically the same one you sent me a couple of years ago.

Sent: Wednesday, January 09, 2002 8:53 AM

Subject: Re: Dr feng

Patty

Dr Feng does implants, only after totally going over the risks of them, and it even says on her site that no foreign body can be considered completely safe. When I was there I talked to her and her assistant and her nurses, they all told me she rarely does implants, she does do reconstruction using your own fat and muscle called a tram flap for women with breast cancer, she does this more often than implants, her nurses all told me that usually if a woman comes in for a consult to get implants that Dr Feng is so honest with them that they usually go elsewhere, she doesn't use Textured implants or silicone at all, and while she did tell me that she thought smooth were the safer, she definitly made it clear that no implant is to be considered completely safe and that no one can predict how one will react to them.

I think that some people do tolerate implants better than others and longer, however it is still really unclear since there are no long term studies, on the true safety of any implant, the studies are too small and too short to really tell the truth.

It is of course the opinion of every woman who works in Fengs office that implants are dangerous, they are all small breasted and Feng is teeny tiny, so I personally felt very comfortable with her, even if she does an implant here or there, I mean at least she herself doesn't have them.

Also if you are going to get an explant, I can vouch for her surgical abilities. I can send you my pics if you didn't already see them, they are posted on this site as well I am patient number one, I look better than that now, as more time has passed.

Good luck to you and blessings,

Sent: Wednesday, January 09, 2002 8:25 AM