Re: Dear Dr Kolb

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Where is your muscle pain? .

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2002 10:15 AM

Subject: Dear Dr Kolb

Hi

I have a question for you. If someone has osteopenia could the pain that they think is muscle pain really be bone pain? I realize this is probably not your area of expertise however I have been getting conflicted info from my Dr's here and am tired of gong to Dr after Dr only to be told by one it is, another no it can't be.

I also wonder if you have any recommendations as far as holistic methods of treating this condition, other than fosomax which makes me ache and calcitonin which also makes me ache.

Thanks Dr Kolb

Lately it is in my back but I do allot of weight lifting too so that is part of the problem, however it is new to me, the only pain I ever had was feet and hands. The pain in my feet is not really muscle because it is right on the back of my heels it feels as though it is on the bone, but all my tests scans and all show normal bones on my feet, I have osteopenia in my spine and the beginning of it in my hips. my hands hurt on the palms below my thumb, it is very strange, I would love to know what your opinion is, one Dr told me it could be micro fractures another insists that is not what it is, I am very confused and frustrated, it started in my feet 2 months after I got implants, then the brain fog, the brain fog is gone the pain remains.

Thank You

Love

Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2002 1:33 PM

Subject: Re: Dear Dr Kolb

Hi

I have a question for you. If someone has osteopenia could the pain that they think is muscle pain really be bone pain? I realize this is probably not your area of expertise however I have been getting conflicted info from my Dr's here and am tired of gong to Dr after Dr only to be told by one it is, another no it can't be.

I also wonder if you have any recommendations as far as holistic methods of treating this condition, other than fosomax which makes me ache and calcitonin which also makes me ache.

Thanks Dr Kolb

Bone scans take over 8 weeks to become positive so if your scans were before this, they may need to be repeated. .

Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2002 9:50 PM

Lately it is in my back but I do allot of weight lifting too so that is part of the problem, however it is new to me, the only pain I ever had was feet and hands. The pain in my feet is not really muscle because it is right on the back of my heels it feels as though it is on the bone, but all my tests scans and all show normal bones on my feet, I have osteopenia in my spine and the beginning of it in my hips. my hands hurt on the palms below my thumb, it is very strange, I would love to know what your opinion is, one Dr told me it could be micro fractures another insists that is not what it is, I am very confused and frustrated, it started in my feet 2 months after I got implants, then the brain fog, the brain fog is gone the pain remains.

Thank You

Love

Hi

Thanks Dr Kolb

Yes. .

Sent: Thursday, February 14, 2002 11:49 AM

I am not sure I understand what you mean in regards to 8 weeks? 8 weeks after the pain?

Thanks

Sent: Thursday, February 14, 2002 9:29 AM

Bone scans take over 8 weeks to become positive so if your scans were before this, they may need to be repeated. .

Thank You

Love

Hi

Thanks Dr Kolb

My pain I believe is partly related to the fosomax and calcitonin, what do you think of actonel?

Thank You

Love

Hi

Thanks Dr Kolb

I am not sure I understand what you mean in regards to 8 weeks? 8 weeks after the pain?

Thanks

Thank You

Love

Hi

Thanks Dr Kolb

I'm not familiar with it. .

Sent: Thursday, February 14, 2002 11:48 AM

My pain I believe is partly related to the fosomax and calcitonin, what do you think of actonel?

Thank You

Love

Hi

Thanks Dr Kolb

Thank you very much, unfortunately, or maybe fortunately???? my pain in my heels has been around so long, like 2 years, over 2 years now, so I think the scan would have showed up something.

How can one tell if pain is bone or nerve or muscle?

Thanks,

Sent: Thursday, February 14, 2002 9:47 AM

Yes. .

Thanks

Thank You

Love

Hi

Thanks Dr Kolb

There is a supplement called osteovone by Phytopharmica. I don't know how it compares to Fasomax but it doesn't have the side effects of muscle aches. .

Sent: Thursday, February 14, 2002 12:01 PM

It is another one of the osteoporosis drugs on the market.

I don't like taking any of them they have so many side effects.

I am trying to just get by with diet, supplements etc.

Do you have a good one that you recommend? I think you told me before but I didn't get a chance to write it down.

Thanks

Sent: Thursday, February 14, 2002 9:49 AM

Thank You

Love

Hi

Thanks Dr Kolb

It is another one of the osteoporosis drugs on the market.

I don't like taking any of them they have so many side effects.

I am trying to just get by with diet, supplements etc.

Do you have a good one that you recommend? I think you told me before but I didn't get a chance to write it down.

Thanks

Sent: Thursday, February 14, 2002 9:49 AM

Thank You

Love

Hi

Thanks Dr Kolb

Nerve pain radiates. Muscle pain is in the muscles when you test them. Bone pain is deep and worse with exercise. You may have pain where the tendons insert into the bone. Have you tried orthotics? .

Sent: Thursday, February 14, 2002 11:59 AM

Thank you very much, unfortunately, or maybe fortunately???? my pain in my heels has been around so long, like 2 years, over 2 years now, so I think the scan would have showed up something.

Thanks,

Yes. .

Thanks

Thank You

Love

Hi

Thanks Dr Kolb

Yes I actually have tried orthotics, it does seem to help, the thing about my pain that makes me think it is nerve is that it does radiate, it also is worse in the morning and gets better as I move, not worse, so if it was bone pain I think my working out would make it worse,

Thanks again I really appreciate you hope you have a great day.

Love,

Sent: Thursday, February 14, 2002 10:03 AM

Nerve pain radiates. Muscle pain is in the muscles when you test them. Bone pain is deep and worse with exercise. You may have pain where the tendons insert into the bone. Have you tried orthotics? .

Thanks,

Yes. .

Thanks

Thank You

Love

Hi

Thanks Dr Kolb

Have you been checked out for tarsal tunnel syndrome? .

Sent: Thursday, February 14, 2002 12:27 PM

Yes I actually have tried orthotics, it does seem to help, the thing about my pain that makes me think it is nerve is that it does radiate, it also is worse in the morning and gets better as I move, not worse, so if it was bone pain I think my working out would make it worse,

Love,

Thanks,

Yes. .

Thanks

Thank You

Love

Hi

Thanks Dr Kolb

Nope what is it?

Sent: Thursday, February 14, 2002 11:10 AM

Love,

Thanks,

Yes. .

Thanks

Thank You

Love

Hi

Thanks Dr Kolb

Compression of the nerve in the tarsal tunnel. .

Sent: Thursday, February 14, 2002 5:26 PM

Nope what is it?

Love,

Thanks,

Yes. .

Thanks

Thank You

Love

Hi

Thanks Dr Kolb

Thanks .

I will look into it, what would be a test for that, I have had an emg and that is it as far as nerve testing.

Sent: Friday, February 15, 2002 4:34 AM

Nope what is it?

Love,

Thanks,

Yes. .

Thanks

Thank You

Love

Hi

Thanks Dr Kolb

Probably a nerve conduction test. .

Sent: Friday, February 15, 2002 7:25 AM

Thanks .

I will look into it, what would be a test for that, I have had an emg and that is it as far as nerve testing.

Nope what is it?

Love,

Thanks,

Yes. .

Thanks

Thank You

Love

Hi

Thanks Dr Kolb

I had one of those about a 2 years ago. It was negative or normal.

Maybe I need another one now. Thanks

Sent: Friday, February 15, 2002 9:11 PM

Probably a nerve conduction test. .

Sent: Friday, February 15, 2002 7:25 AM

Thanks .

Nope what is it?

Love,

Thanks,

Yes. .

Thanks

Thank You

Love

Hi

Thanks Dr Kolb