RemedySpot.com

It's over

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hello everyone, Well I had the bx this AM, and it's all over. The results should be back tomorrow or at the latest, Thurs AM. I had one of my favorite anesthesiologists overseeing the case, but did have a CRNA (nurse anesthetist) who actually administered the drugs. All I got was 2mg of Versed as I was leaving preop, then got into the OR and I got a propofol infusion. Don't remember a thing, never heard a thing, nothing! I just remember waking up in the OR and the CRNA telling me it was all over and we were on our way to recovery. I was instantly awake, alert and oriented, and went home in 15". The procedure itself was only 20" long. I have pain in my butt and woke up with numbness going down my right leg (the bx was done from the right side) as well as a crampy feeling down my entire leg. It felt real weird to walk on it. I called my doc's office when I got home, as he didn't leave any discharge instructions for me. I told his nurse about the above and she said that this is not typical, but to give it 24 hrs and see what happens. I hope that the numbness and crampy feeling is due to inflammation which is causing nerve compression. Hopefully when the swelling decreases, this will go away. I just hope that he didn't do nerve damage. I have a dressing in place and I'm not allowed to get it wet or remove it for 24 hrs. But me being me, I am dying to remove it and see the hole. There is quite a bit of blood on the dressing. I probably will peek at it...... Anyway, just wanted to update you all. Thanks for all your words of encouragement and support. It really means a lot to me to know that people I've never even met before care so much. I wish I could hug each and every one of you to say thank you. But this email will have to suffice...... e