RemedySpot.com

Tuesday - Charlene's Strong at Any Age

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi Everyone,Back to reality - school is back in session! First morning went smoothly enough.Workout today was: 1 mile of from her newest (the yellow mile, which, so far I have found to be the blandest - no good music in this one) to warm-up followed by the 1st workout on Charlene Prickett's Strong at Any Age. Strong at Any Age has 2 approx 30 min workouts on it. Charlene teaches w/ her daughter Xanna in this one. It is a kind of physical therapy/rehab/educational type workout in that you work chronically weakened and under-trained areas (and Charlene, as usual, provides a lot of useful information!) - a lot of core work (planks and such) as well as work for the glutes, upper and lower body stabilization, etc. It isn't a barrel of laughs but I feel it is a good workout and it is good to throw these out

there once in a while. I'm surprised at how sore my core is from doing her workouts this week - I thought I generally had a pretty strong core - but she has a lot of plank variations that are pretty tough (the one-armed ones being the hardest for me!). I was going to do the 2nd workout on this DVD, but I feel that w/ this type of workout you need to really focus, and I was losing interest (and also getting worried about time) so I will add that in along the way somewhere. For today I'd also like to get a recorded Classical Stretch episode in (I really need my stretching!) and I would like to take an outdoor walk while my DD is at her art class this evening (although I probably also should get my hair trimmed - it grows really fast and I do also need hit the library....I do have some items to return - so the walk may be a bit short...especially if i do the hair trim!)Hope everyone has a good day!!Donna