RemedySpot.com

Wed - Trainer's Edge w/ Petra

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi Everyone,

I wasn't sure what to do today - so on a whim I pulled out the Trainer's Edge Cardio Interval workout w/ Petra. I love Petra but I can't follow her more complex step or hi/lo dance workouts - so I like to stick w/ Petra's more "athletic" workouts which I CAN do. This one fits into that category- the choreography is basic and easy to follow. There are four combos, each combo ends w/ an interval burst and then a short weight training segment. Honestly, the weight training segments are too short to do any good - I think Petra put them in to bring your HR down from the interval burst. Petra does a nice job of cueing and there are two backgrounders who are pleasant. For the interval burst 3 levels are shown - Petra shows the easiest, one backgrounder shows the middle and the other shows the hardest option. It gets the job done in a short amount of time - all of it done in under 40 min.

I wanted to add on some yoga, so for the sake of simplicity I just added on the bonus footage on this Trainer's Edge DVD - which was Baron Baptiste leading a short yoga routine (a short vinyasa flow). Overall, it worked and Baron wasn't annoying in this one (I don't think he said "people" even once!)

Last night I did get a 30 min walk in while DD was at her art class. I also spent 15 min at the grocery store and 15 min reading...

Hope everyone has a good day!Donna

Guest guest

That sounds like a fun one, Donna!  I always liked the Trainer's Edge series and Petra's a good instructor.  Oh man, I want to go home now and look through my beloved workout dvd binders.  I really love working out at home as much as I do Cascade Athletic Club. I have so many virgin workout dvd's to do it's overwhelming to think about, yet, I can't bear to part with them and hope to one day, perhaps in retirement, do them all!   That is, when I'm not mall walking or at a Silver Sneakers class!

Hi Everyone,

I wasn't sure what to do today - so on a whim I pulled out the Trainer's Edge Cardio Interval workout w/ Petra.  I love Petra but I can't follow her more complex step or hi/lo dance  workouts - so I like to stick w/ Petra's more " athletic " workouts which I CAN do.  This one fits into that category- the choreography is basic and easy to follow.  There are four combos, each combo ends w/ an interval burst and then a short weight training segment.  Honestly, the weight training segments are too short to do any good - I think Petra put them in to bring your HR down from the interval burst.  Petra does a nice job of cueing and there are two backgrounders who are pleasant.  For the interval burst 3 levels are shown - Petra shows the easiest, one backgrounder shows the middle and the other shows the hardest option.  It gets the job done in a short amount of time - all of it done in under 40 min. 

I wanted to add on some yoga, so for the sake of simplicity I just added on the bonus footage on this Trainer's Edge DVD - which was Baron Baptiste leading a short yoga routine (a short vinyasa flow).  Overall, it worked and Baron wasn't annoying in this one (I don't think he said " people " even once!)

Last night I did get a 30 min walk in while DD was at her art class.  I also spent 15 min at the grocery store and 15 min reading...

Guest guest

You do so well adding on that yoga and everything, Donna! I like Petra a lot, I'm just incapable of following even her simple routines, except for her walk & box with workouts! :-)

Wed - Trainer's Edge w/ Petra

Hi Everyone,

I wasn't sure what to do today - so on a whim I pulled out the Trainer's Edge Cardio Interval workout w/ Petra. I love Petra but I can't follow her more complex step or hi/lo dance workouts - so I like to stick w/ Petra's more "athletic" workouts which I CAN do. This one fits into that category- the choreography is basic and easy to follow. There are four combos, each combo ends w/ an interval burst and then a short weight training segment. Honestly, the weight training segments are too short to do any good - I think Petra put them in to bring your HR down from the interval burst. Petra does a nice job of cueing and there are two backgrounders who are pleasant. For the interval burst 3 levels are shown - Petra shows the easiest, one backgrounder shows the middle and the other shows the hardest option. It gets the job done in a short amount of time - all of it done in under 40 min.

I wanted to add on some yoga, so for the sake of simplicity I just added on the bonus footage on this Trainer's Edge DVD - which was Baron Baptiste leading a short yoga routine (a short vinyasa flow). Overall, it worked and Baron wasn't annoying in this one (I don't think he said "people" even once!)

Last night I did get a 30 min walk in while DD was at her art class. I also spent 15 min at the grocery store and 15 min reading...