RemedySpot.com

Re: X-Factor Week # 3 report!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Good job, Donna!  Week 3 does sound like a challenge!   Okay Cola Pop, anxious to hear your comparison this week!

Hi Everyone,

Last night we had a family insomnia night! DH was restless - DD and I were both up for hours - we read together then attempted to fall asleep. I still ended up getting up at 6:30, DD slept until 8:30. I'm dragging, but not as bad as I feared, and I did get a lot of reading done. Will read more later while my DD is at swimming lessons.

So--in my sleep deprived state I tried out Week # 3 of Weider XT - oh my - this one really ups the ante. A lot of challenging exercises!  Let's see if I remember them:Circuit 1Mountain Climbers - 30 sec

Hip Lifts - 45 secPlyo Split Lunges 90 sec (modification is to do a reverse lunge) ** each time through the circuit I did as many of the plyo split lunges as I could, but couldn't finish out the 90 sec - I'm guessing I made it maybe half way - and then I just did the reverse lunges - here it would have helped me to have a count down timer to help me through it - if I was feeling really

tired, but saw there were only a few seconds left I may have continued longer....Circuit 2Heels to Sky (30 sec) - basically a lying hip raise for absAirplane to Train (45 sec) - this one is crazy - a push-up, jump up, do a high jumping jack then drop down and do it again! (modification - go slower, step up, lower jump, etc.)   I did it, but much slower than my X-Factor-on-screen buddies.

Reverse Lunge (90 sec) - 45 sec left, 45 sec rightWater BreakCircuit 3Surf pop-ups (30 sec) - push-up - pop up like you're on a surfboard, back down for a push-up surfboard on the other side  I did it, it wasn't pretty and I was slower than th exercisers on TV!

Push-up/Side plank (45 sec) - 6 push-ups, side plank, 6 push-ups side plank ohter side (on the 2nd round I did some on my knees i also switched to 3 push-ups to side plank)Kneeling Kickout (90 sec) - like in Tae Bo, on all

fours - bring leg to side kick 45 sec each sideCircuit 4MMA Knee Strikes (30 Sec)  (Basically this is a knee strike in kickboxing)Squat Jumps (45 sec)  (this was do-able for me b/c it was the 45 sec exercise!)

Side Plank w/ Pulse 45 sec each side (90 sec)Water BreakRepeat again!I made it through but I did have to modify some of the exercises and take it down to lower intensity and I did perform more slowly than the backgrounders! On the second round I wasn't able to do as many push-ups on my toes -for the push-up to side plank - I also modified by doing 3 push-ups, then side plank instead of 6 and then side plank.

One good thing is he did seem it intersperse easier exercises in with the hard ones so you were able to get some active recovery in. Also, what made it doable for me was going at my own pace and modifying as needed to get through the interval.

Overall though - week

# 3 is much harder than weeks 1 and 2! I hope it gets easier as the week goes on.

I actually did the cool down today and then I added on the standing postures from Rodney's A/M yoga for your week.

Take care!Donna

Guest guest

hi donna!! OMG you did fantastic!!! this one does sound alot

harder!

can you imagine what the very last workout on day 56 is like???

my hat goes off to you ::bowing::

im sorry to say that imy attempt at this workout today didnt go

very well. i woke up in pain that made me cry... but after

being up for a while it started to lessen. so i started the

workout, figuring i would modify and it would be ok. but omg my

right chest, side and upper back hurt simply supporting myself

during the climbers. so i stopped the workout because i was

feeling nauseous and was dizzy again when i stood up (WTH?).

what concerns me most is a sharp pain that im getting in my

chest, underneath my right breast :(

however, there is alot of lower body work in this workout and

thankfully there is nothing wrong at all with my bottom half, so

depending on how i feel after work tomorrow, i will try again and

modify or change things that will demand too much of my upper

body. ugh! i hate feeling gimpy!

:*carolyn.

Guest guest

Quick peek in while I'm supposed to be doing other stuff... oh my goodness, Carolyn! The pain you're experiencing sounds awful!! I hope you can get some relief soon!!

hi donna!! OMG you did fantastic!!! this one does sound alot harder!can you imagine what the very last workout on day 56 is like???my hat goes off to you ::bowing::im sorry to say that imy attempt at this workout today didnt go very well. i woke up in pain that made me cry... but after being up for a while it started to lessen. so i started the workout, figuring i would modify and it would be ok. but omg my right chest, side and upper back hurt simply supporting myself during the climbers. so i stopped the workout because i was feeling nauseous and was dizzy again when i stood up (WTH?). what concerns me most is a sharp pain that im getting in my chest, underneath my right breast :(however, there is alot of lower body work in this workout and thankfully there is nothing wrong at all with my bottom half, so depending on how i feel after work tomorrow, i will try again and modify or change things that will demand too much of my upper body. ugh! i hate feeling gimpy!:*carolyn.

Guest guest

UGh!Carolyn - I'm sorry to hear about that. You were wise to stop - whenever I have pushed on in spite of pain I only end up in worse pain!Definately skip or modify anything that bothers you. Can you try the mountain climbers by putting your hands on a low table - that would mean you would be supporting less of your body weight on your injured upper body. ((HUGS))

Donna

Subject: Re: X-Factor Week # 3 report!To: exercisevideos Date: Sunday, April 29, 2012, 11:12 PM

hi donna!! OMG you did fantastic!!! this one does sound alot harder!can you imagine what the very last workout on day 56 is like???my hat goes off to you ::bowing::im sorry to say that imy attempt at this workout today didnt go very well. i woke up in pain that made me cry... but after being up for a while it started to lessen. so i started the workout, figuring i would modify and it would be ok. but omg my right chest, side and upper back hurt simply supporting myself during the climbers. so i stopped the workout because i was feeling nauseous and was dizzy again when i stood up (WTH?). what concerns me most is a sharp pain that im getting in my chest, underneath my right breast :(however, there is alot of lower body work in this workout and thankfully there is nothing wrong at all with my bottom half, so depending on how i feel after work tomorrow, i will try again and modify

or change things that will demand too much of my upper body. ugh! i hate feeling gimpy!:*carolyn.

Guest guest

Hugs, Cola Pop!  Do pay attention to that pain... does it hurt when you work at the deli, put things on shelves, etc, or just when doing XF?

hi donna!! OMG you did fantastic!!! this one does sound alot

harder!

can you imagine what the very last workout on day 56 is like???

my hat goes off to you ::bowing::

im sorry to say that imy attempt at this workout today didnt go

very well. i woke up in pain that made me cry... but after

being up for a while it started to lessen. so i started the

workout, figuring i would modify and it would be ok. but omg my

right chest, side and upper back hurt simply supporting myself

during the climbers. so i stopped the workout because i was

feeling nauseous and was dizzy again when i stood up (WTH?).

what concerns me most is a sharp pain that im getting in my

chest, underneath my right breast :(

however, there is alot of lower body work in this workout and

thankfully there is nothing wrong at all with my bottom half, so

depending on how i feel after work tomorrow, i will try again and

modify or change things that will demand too much of my upper

body. ugh! i hate feeling gimpy!

Guest guest

I'm sorry about the pain you're experiencing.:( And it's good that you stopped

the workout when you did, and are being careful. I hope the pain goes away and

stays away.

Ronda

>

> hi donna!! OMG you did fantastic!!! this one does sound alot

> harder!

> can you imagine what the very last workout on day 56 is like???

> my hat goes off to you ::bowing::

>

> im sorry to say that imy attempt at this workout today didnt go

> very well. i woke up in pain that made me cry... but after

> being up for a while it started to lessen. so i started the

> workout, figuring i would modify and it would be ok. but omg my

> right chest, side and upper back hurt simply supporting myself

> during the climbers. so i stopped the workout because i was

> feeling nauseous and was dizzy again when i stood up (WTH?).

> what concerns me most is a sharp pain that im getting in my

> chest, underneath my right breast :(

>

> however, there is alot of lower body work in this workout and

> thankfully there is nothing wrong at all with my bottom half, so

> depending on how i feel after work tomorrow, i will try again and

> modify or change things that will demand too much of my upper

> body. ugh! i hate feeling gimpy!

>

> :*carolyn.

>

Guest guest

> the mountain climbers by putting your hands on a low table - that

> would mean you would be supporting less of your body weight on

> your injured upper body. ((HUGS))

great idea donna. why did i not do that on sunday???? duh!!!

sometimes worrying about the pain, and the pain itself, distracts

me and i cant think clearly.

i have not been brave enough, or mentally strong enough, to try

the workout, even just doing lower body only. im on the phone

this morning, trying to get some meds... hopefully my dr will

come through.

Guest guest

hi!Carolyn, it is much easier to come up w/ modifications if you are not the one in pain!! Maybe preview the workout first and decide what you can/can't do and then write down modifications for what you can't do. Honestly, this one is very upper body intensive - so I can see this one aggravating your situation someone on VF posted the breakdowns for Weeks 4 and 5, and those look better.

I think you are smart not to push it - pain is never a good thing!!!

Hope you feel better soon. Maybe skip this week and do Gilad and join back in Week #4 or just do the lower body exercises on this one w/ different stuff in place of the crazy push-up and side plank variations!!Donna> the mountain climbers by putting your hands on a low table - that> would mean you would be supporting less of your body weight on> your injured upper body. ((HUGS))great idea donna. why did i not do that on sunday???? duh!!!sometimes worrying about the pain, and the pain itself, distracts me and i cant think clearly.i have not been brave enough, or mentally strong enough, to try the workout, even just doing lower body only. im on the phone this morning, trying to get some meds... hopefully my dr will come through.:*carolyn.

Guest guest

>Maybe preview the workout first and decide

> what you can/can't do and then write down modifications for what

> you can't do.

yes, good idea. then i will know for sure if i can do this

workout at all. if i have to modify too much then i dont see

the point. also i get mad because i really do want to try all

of the crazy push-up and plank variations.... i used to be good

at that stuff! im struggling to come to terms with what i can

and cant do anymore.

> posted the breakdowns for Weeks 4 and 5,

thankyou so much for posting those!! a preview is definitely

in order,

:*c.

Guest guest

Yes! It is a drag not to be able to do what you used to do - but there are always ways to work around something. This one is pretty heavy on the planks and push-ups so they may aggravate your situation. I went to the chiro today (I still go for tune ups usually 1X per week) and one of MY ribs was out - that hasn't happened before. Which, maybe you would be best off subbing something else this week and jumping back in w/ week # 4 - next week or maybe go Week # 2 again. It doesn't look from the breakdowns that Weeks # 4 and # 5 will be as hard on the upper body/torso.

Take care!!Donna>Maybe preview the workout first and decide> what you can/can't do and then write down modifications for what> you can't do.yes, good idea. then i will know for sure if i can do this workout at all. if i have to modify too much then i dont see the point. also i get mad because i really do want to try all of the crazy push-up and plank variations.... i used to be good at that stuff! im struggling to come to terms with what i can and cant do anymore.> posted the breakdowns for Weeks 4 and 5,thankyou so much for posting those!! a preview is definitely in order,:*c.

Guest guest

Hi Carolyn,

I know EXACTLY what you are talking about regarding trying to come up with modifications while you're doing it. Today, I was thinking more about my feet and the stitches in my chest and trying to figure out how to do the workout safely while trying to get any kind of a workout from it. Super simple workout (Kathy 's Power Walk for Weight Loss) so no real modifications to have to figure out but just that much concentration on things other than the workout itself made it difficult to put much oomph into it. Add that kind of brain drain to a more complicated workout, like you're doing, where you really have to watch it and you're super distracted and afraid to get hurt worse... it all adds up to just doing your best with what you can at the moment. Donna's ideas to review the workout and plan how to modify it are great, I've been meaning to do that with a few but never seem to take the time so I just pick super simple, less intense ones that I don't have to think so much about instead!

> the mountain climbers by putting your hands on a low table - that> would mean you would be supporting less of your body weight on> your injured upper body. ((HUGS))great idea donna. why did i not do that on sunday???? duh!!!sometimes worrying about the pain, and the pain itself, distracts me and i cant think clearly.i have not been brave enough, or mentally strong enough, to try the workout, even just doing lower body only. im on the phone this morning, trying to get some meds... hopefully my dr will come through.:*carolyn.