RemedySpot.com

Update

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Possibly, I'll have to see how 20 min. works for now. Yesterday, I did the 20 then I went on a crazy cleaning/decluttering spree (instead of scrapbooking, but that worked for me too), including tons of trips up & down the basement steps with boxes of stuff and I was so scared my foot was going to make me crazy last night but it never woke me up even once. Today hasn't been as active (and no workout) but still, quite a bit of activity so we'll see if tonight is good too. I'll plan on mostly 20 min workouts next week and then move on from there I hope!

Re: Update

> (Please feel free to bug me about my exercise attitude,> it might help, I know I have to be the one to just do it though.)::hugging nancy::are you still needing some reccomendations for video workouts that you can do?maybe you need a new one! ::evil grin::keep your chin up, be tough and be patient. your dr says that it WILL be fixed! that is excellent news.:*carolyn.

Guest guest

Hi , I've been thinking about you too! It wasn't too long ago that my Podiatrist said I had planter fascitis...luckily for me it went away fast with a couple of injections. But I do understand how you feel. Do you remember about 3 years ago when I hurt the tendons in my foot while swimming? I hit my ankle on a steel pipe sticking out into the pool. It hit right where all of my tendons go together and it took almost 2 years to heal. I kept trying to play volleyball and it was swell. I tried walking and it was swell, even water exercise made it swell. I was so depressed! When I had to have steroids from my eye...that did the trick and the swelling finally went down but it was still a while before it was back to normal.What exactly is wrong with your

feet? Please explain it again.Do you have access to a pool? Can you swim with your foot problem? I know it's hard but just do whatever exercise you can.Take care and get WELL JenSubject: UpdateTo: exercisevideos Date: Thursday, April 19, 2012, 11:08 AM

First, thank you both Carolyn and Donna for letting me know you were thinking about me, I really appreciate it (and I know others are too but just didn't post and I appreciate everyone's thoughts)!

I haven't been doing much exercise lately and it is really starting to get to me. Last week the kids were on spring break so I didn't feel like pushing to fit it in. This week I have no good reason except that I'm afraid to do it and mess up any progress I seem to be making and I'm also frustrated by the things I can't do. I know what I can do, I just don't want to do most of it. I know what I'd tell myself if I were one of my WW members... suck it up and just do something even if you don't love it. It is still better than nothing. I have to get over my own attitude issues. (Please feel free to bug me about my exercise attitude, it might help, I know I have to be the one to just do it though.) I'm feeling a lot better but I know I'm not "done" yet. I've been having weekly ultrasound treatments and I'm taking a prescription anti-inflammatory and they seem to be helping. As soon as I say that though, I'm almost guaranteed to be in pain again, that's the way it has been so I've been hesitant to post because of that! On the positive side though, this past week (I see the doc on Thursdays so from Thursday to today) I had a semi-rough couple of days at the beginning of the week and then very little discomfort the last few days. Even the rough days were nothing compared to what they had been so that is very good.

I talked with my doc last week and asked will I be able to return to all my normal activities, including high-impact cardio, when this is resolved. He said yes. Then I asked, will it return? He said there's no guarantee it won't but if I come in right away, they'll fix me up again (I waited over a year, wearing horribly worn out shoes for workouts and everything else before I sought treatment). He said to make sure I'm wearing good, supportive shoes & my orthotics as much as possible too, though I will be able to be barefoot more comfortably than I am now, he doesn't want me going barefoot a lot. That's fine, the few FlyLady habits that have stuck with me since I stopped really trying to follow the system a few years ago is wearing my shoes (and getting back to FlyLady habits is another thing I want to do but apparently not badly enough yet). I just do want to be able to go barefoot in the house at bedtime without worrying about aggravating my feet and I will be able to... sooner or later and hopefully it will be sooner. I'm done guessing when I'll be back to my normal foot status, I am just hoping it will be soon.

Thanks everyone!

Guest guest

Hi Jen,

Yep, I remember all that. Was a rough time for you for sure!

Feet problem: pinched nerves on both feet between the 3rd & 4th toes on both. It is called Morton's Neuroma. It was doing great until last night which wasn't terrible but wasn't pain free as it had been for almost a week. I did way too much up & down stairs Friday and Saturday and since it didn't bug me Friday night I thought I was okay to do more Saturday. Silly me. Meanwhile, there is still progress because it wasn't nearly as bad as it has been when I've been very active so I'm thankful for that and hoping for a better night tonight (not hoping too much but still hoping).

We have a pool at our high school but it isn't exactly convenient to get there (and it is always very cold, they keep it at a competition temperature) so I don't bother but swimming might be okay. I did some pool walking while helping my daughter swim over Christmas break when we had a 2 week pass to a fitness center about 1/4 mile from us and that was not good at all but lap swimming might have been okay. (The center is too expensive for us to join right now, nice place though.)

No exercise this weekend and probably not tomorrow either but I'm planning to pick it up Tuesday. Will see how tonight and tomorrow go before I decide what to do. Thanks for the encouragement!

UpdateTo: exercisevideos Date: Thursday, April 19, 2012, 11:08 AM

First, thank you both Carolyn and Donna for letting me know you were thinking about me, I really appreciate it (and I know others are too but just didn't post and I appreciate everyone's thoughts)!

I haven't been doing much exercise lately and it is really starting to get to me. Last week the kids were on spring break so I didn't feel like pushing to fit it in. This week I have no good reason except that I'm afraid to do it and mess up any progress I seem to be making and I'm also frustrated by the things I can't do. I know what I can do, I just don't want to do most of it. I know what I'd tell myself if I were one of my WW members... suck it up and just do something even if you don't love it. It is still better than nothing. I have to get over my own attitude issues. (Please feel free to bug me about my exercise attitude, it might help, I know I have to be the one to just do it though.) I'm feeling a lot better but I know I'm not "done" yet. I've been having weekly ultrasound treatments and I'm taking a prescription anti-inflammatory and they seem to be helping. As soon as I say that though, I'm almost guaranteed to be in pain again, that's the way it has been so I've been hesitant to post because of that! On the positive side though, this past week (I see the doc on Thursdays so from Thursday to today) I had a semi-rough couple of days at the beginning of the week and then very little discomfort the last few days. Even the rough days were nothing compared to what they had been so that is very good.

I talked with my doc last week and asked will I be able to return to all my normal activities, including high-impact cardio, when this is resolved. He said yes. Then I asked, will it return? He said there's no guarantee it won't but if I come in right away, they'll fix me up again (I waited over a year, wearing horribly worn out shoes for workouts and everything else before I sought treatment). He said to make sure I'm wearing good, supportive shoes & my orthotics as much as possible too, though I will be able to be barefoot more comfortably than I am now, he doesn't want me going barefoot a lot. That's fine, the few FlyLady habits that have stuck with me since I stopped really trying to follow the system a few years ago is wearing my shoes (and getting back to FlyLady habits is another thing I want to do but apparently not badly enough yet). I just do want to be able to go barefoot in the house at bedtime without worrying about aggravating my feet and I will be able to... sooner or later and hopefully it will be sooner. I'm done guessing when I'll be back to my normal foot status, I am just hoping it will be soon.

Thanks everyone!

Guest guest

replying to myself, I should have said no video exercise this weekend! Saturday was plenty active but I did purposely lay lower today.

off to bed now. laundry will wait for tomorrow morning!

UpdateTo: exercisevideos Date: Thursday, April 19, 2012, 11:08 AM

Thanks everyone!