RemedySpot.com

Re: The stupid thing I did the other day.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Trinity:

Hi. Those who work for Mentor of course will try their level best to make you feel as though this problem is in YOU rather than their product. The fox is guarding the hen house.......

Take care,

-Marie

Hi Trin,

I am so sorry for all of this that you have been through, your right about

one thing, to me the stuff your talking about I would call being sick, it

sounds more than just discomforts to me. I am very in tune with my body,

maybe some could have lived with the aches and pains and other garbage I

have had to deal with and sacrificed their health for implants, but not me,

no way. I think that the nurse is telling the truth in some ways, to some

extent, in that, many women do find relief immediately after explant, and

then go through a relapse of sorts, for me, it didn't work that way, I got

sicker right after explant, all the stress, toxins etc coming out, however,

then slowly I got relief over the next few months till I am where I am now,

which is still far from cured but mental fog is gone for sure. I do get

flares and I think that this is normal, we have messed with our bodies imune

sytstem which is a very fragile thing and takes time to heal, also I feel

that there can be lasting damage to some extent in some of us, but the main

reason I feel most women still remain sick get sicker, etc is retained

capsules. Please see the file and bookmark section of this website for info

on retained capsules. If you had or have a reaction to implants, and the

capsule is left inside(which is often times the case) and left to rot then,

you have a situation that can cause the same illness and symptoms to

continue on as if the implant was still there.

Now I am not saying this is your case at all, just that it explains why it

is this way for some women.

Now, the best thing to do is to detox, are you doing that? It is a good way

of helping your body heal, and not to discourge you at all, but it can

actually get worse while you detox, and actually make you feel sicker, until

you get over the hump.

THe other thing is nutrition and certain vitamins, herbs, supplements, etc.

these can all help, if needed of course there is always what I call the last

resort, which is in my case something I use, medication.

I don't believe these PS's and their nurses are just their spokespersons who

stick up for the BOSS, and say what they are told to say. They are not going

to tell you how many others are sick or compalin of bad results from the

surgeries, they are like a car salesman, they tell you all the good stories,

never the negative ones, or who would buy the product right?

I think that your lucky that your feeling better, get on with your life and

try to do as many good things for your self as you can, and please some to

this site and contribute as often as you can, I am so glad you posted. Try

to drink herb teas, valerian and kava kava, exercise, rest rest rest, take

epsom or dead sea salt baths and be good to yourself and remain the sweet

person you are, give your body to time to heal from all this stuff you have

been through, it is very very hard. You can do it though, we all have to

keep going, also be sure to file a medwatch claim with the FDA about your

experiences with implants, no matter how small or insignificant your

symptoms may seem to you, they are possibly definitely related to your

implants and if you report them then the FDA at least will have some kind of

numbers to keep on us. It is a shame that no one studied or kept track of

us.

I am fortunate though that I went to a surgeon who held onto my implants,

for a year, I was too poor and too pissed off to have done anything with

them and most likely would have tossed them in the trash, however now that I

am stronger I am able to make better choices like sending them for

analyzation.

Is that a word? LOL.

Anyhow hang tough girl, check out some natural stuff and healing, read the

files we have that Patty worked hard on, get some fresh foods, start juicing

etc. You will get better, give your body time, it will not fail you.

Love and blessing,

----- Original Message -----

< >

Sent: Thursday, February 14, 2002 9:20 AM

Subject: The stupid thing I did the other day.

> Hi girls!

>

> Hope all are having a good week :) Happy valentines day (((HUGS)))

>

> I wrote a post to you all about my call to Mentor Corp Patient

> services on Tuesday, then deleted it - cryed a while - was gonna

> write again - and today I think I can share this now. Please bear

> with me if my thoughts are choppy :)

>

> I called the RN. , since Diane was not there. Diane and I

> talked at lengths when I first got my implants and I registered their

> serial numbers with the company. I had so many concerns within a

> month after the BA, I called her probably 6 times! Anyway --

>

> I asked if they had a study or questionairre since I was explated

> last month. She said no and that my serial numbers on record were

> only for a recall, nothing more. And made it clear that now that

> doesn't pertain to me since I am now explanted.

>

> After I had just read the FDA hearings on approval for saline

> implants in 2000, was when i decided to call Mentor. I was already

> upset, and this RN made it worse. You see, I HAVE had many

> discomforts listed, like memory fog, sleeplessness, flu-like

> feelings, and about 14 months ago I developed terrible IBS (

> irritable bowel " syndrome-like " problems) My internist did not

> diagnose me with it, because my colonoscopy, sigmoidoscopy and

> something else - all came back normal = no polyps, crohns disease

> etc. This major bout lasted 7-8 months, and tore my insides up. I

> was sick all the time with a bad belly , zero energy and on the

> couch. I had to have a fissurectomy in July 2001 because of the

> damage from severe diarreah for so many months.

> I had no idea saline implants have been linked to these allergic type

> of reaction in the bowels until I read about it on Tueday.

>

> Now before today, I would have said I have not been ill/sick because

> of my implants. Not ill in the way many of you are here. Its true I

> never liked how they felt inside me either, but I absolutely

> experienced many " Discomforts " that I never had prior to getting

> augmented in 1998. My heart and mind comes from a place where I do

> not use the term " sick " lightly. I have nursed a sister with

> advanced stage MS and lost both parents to Cancer. So when I think of

> myself, I see discomforts, not illness. Maybe you gals can help me

> with that mental block in time :) So...

>

> The Mentor RN. said she has heard this type of thing often and said

> that women have called & said they get better for about 3-4 months

> after explant and then all the symptoms return. Hence , leaving the

> evidence NON CONCLUSIVE and non correlating to saline implants. She

> used the word psyco-somatic illnesses in there somewhere and I got

> flustered. I think inside i started crying then, but it came out

> after I hung up the phone.

> She also went on to say - Many people react adversely to any foreign

> object inside their bodies and may develope auto-immune responses. I

> said " you mean like hip/knee replacements? " and she said " yes " .

> However, by the end of the conversation - I felt stunned, alone, and

> like the little no-one I am in front of a MAJOR corporation.

>

> Thanks for letting me vent and for beign here.. I still feel oddly

> angry,sad, irritated -- humm, I am sure i could go on!

>

> hugs, Trinity

>

>

>

>

>

Before you take kava kava, you need to know that it is associated with severe and sometimes life threatening side effects. It is being banned from the market in France due to adverse reactions. Also, the acupuncturist I had been seeing told me to never take kava kava and she is a master herbalist. She likened kava kava to ma huang. It has long been associated with adverse side effects, and as far back as 1997, I have heard herbalists and physicians say not to take it. e ----- Original Message ----- From: Heer Sent: Thursday, February 14, 2002 9:59 AM Subject: Re: The stupid thing I did the other day. Hi Trin,I am so sorry for all of this that you have been through, your right aboutone thing, to me the stuff your talking about I would call being sick, itsounds more than just discomforts to me. I am very in tune with my body,maybe some could have lived with the aches and pains and other garbage Ihave had to deal with and sacrificed their health for implants, but not me,no way. I think that the nurse is telling the truth in some ways, to someextent, in that, many women do find relief immediately after explant, andthen go through a relapse of sorts, for me, it didn't work that way, I gotsicker right after explant, all the stress, toxins etc coming out, however,then slowly I got relief over the next few months till I am where I am now,which is still far from cured but mental fog is gone for sure. I do getflares and I think that this is normal, we have messed with our bodies imunesytstem which is a very fragile thing and takes time to heal, also I feelthat there can be lasting damage to some extent in some of us, but the mainreason I feel most women still remain sick get sicker, etc is retainedcapsules. Please see the file and bookmark section of this website for infoon retained capsules. If you had or have a reaction to implants, and thecapsule is left inside(which is often times the case) and left to rot then,you have a situation that can cause the same illness and symptoms tocontinue on as if the implant was still there.Now I am not saying this is your case at all, just that it explains why itis this way for some women.Now, the best thing to do is to detox, are you doing that? It is a good wayof helping your body heal, and not to discourge you at all, but it canactually get worse while you detox, and actually make you feel sicker, untilyou get over the hump.THe other thing is nutrition and certain vitamins, herbs, supplements, etc.these can all help, if needed of course there is always what I call the lastresort, which is in my case something I use, medication.I don't believe these PS's and their nurses are just their spokespersons whostick up for the BOSS, and say what they are told to say. They are not goingto tell you how many others are sick or compalin of bad results from thesurgeries, they are like a car salesman, they tell you all the good stories,never the negative ones, or who would buy the product right?I think that your lucky that your feeling better, get on with your life andtry to do as many good things for your self as you can, and please some tothis site and contribute as often as you can, I am so glad you posted. Tryto drink herb teas, valerian and kava kava, exercise, rest rest rest, takeepsom or dead sea salt baths and be good to yourself and remain the sweetperson you are, give your body to time to heal from all this stuff you havebeen through, it is very very hard. You can do it though, we all have tokeep going, also be sure to file a medwatch claim with the FDA about yourexperiences with implants, no matter how small or insignificant yoursymptoms may seem to you, they are possibly definitely related to yourimplants and if you report them then the FDA at least will have some kind ofnumbers to keep on us. It is a shame that no one studied or kept track ofus.I am fortunate though that I went to a surgeon who held onto my implants,for a year, I was too poor and too pissed off to have done anything withthem and most likely would have tossed them in the trash, however now that Iam stronger I am able to make better choices like sending them foranalyzation.Is that a word? LOL.Anyhow hang tough girl, check out some natural stuff and healing, read thefiles we have that Patty worked hard on, get some fresh foods, start juicingetc. You will get better, give your body time, it will not fail you.Love and blessing,----- Original Message -----From: "x01_trinity_x01" <x01_trinity_x01@...>< >Sent: Thursday, February 14, 2002 9:20 AMSubject: The stupid thing I did the other day.> Hi girls!>> Hope all are having a good week :) Happy valentines day (((HUGS)))>> I wrote a post to you all about my call to Mentor Corp Patient> services on Tuesday, then deleted it - cryed a while - was gonna> write again - and today I think I can share this now. Please bear> with me if my thoughts are choppy :)>> I called the RN. , since Diane was not there. Diane and I> talked at lengths when I first got my implants and I registered their> serial numbers with the company. I had so many concerns within a> month after the BA, I called her probably 6 times! Anyway -->> I asked if they had a study or questionairre since I was explated> last month. She said no and that my serial numbers on record were> only for a recall, nothing more. And made it clear that now that> doesn't pertain to me since I am now explanted.>> After I had just read the FDA hearings on approval for saline> implants in 2000, was when i decided to call Mentor. I was already> upset, and this RN made it worse. You see, I HAVE had many> discomforts listed, like memory fog, sleeplessness, flu-like> feelings, and about 14 months ago I developed terrible IBS (> irritable bowel "syndrome-like" problems) My internist did not> diagnose me with it, because my colonoscopy, sigmoidoscopy and> something else - all came back normal = no polyps, crohns disease> etc. This major bout lasted 7-8 months, and tore my insides up. I> was sick all the time with a bad belly , zero energy and on the> couch. I had to have a fissurectomy in July 2001 because of the> damage from severe diarreah for so many months.> I had no idea saline implants have been linked to these allergic type> of reaction in the bowels until I read about it on Tueday.>> Now before today, I would have said I have not been ill/sick because> of my implants. Not ill in the way many of you are here. Its true I> never liked how they felt inside me either, but I absolutely> experienced many "Discomforts" that I never had prior to getting> augmented in 1998. My heart and mind comes from a place where I do> not use the term "sick" lightly. I have nursed a sister with> advanced stage MS and lost both parents to Cancer. So when I think of> myself, I see discomforts, not illness. Maybe you gals can help me> with that mental block in time :) So...>> The Mentor RN. said she has heard this type of thing often and said> that women have called & said they get better for about 3-4 months> after explant and then all the symptoms return. Hence , leaving the> evidence NON CONCLUSIVE and non correlating to saline implants. She> used the word psyco-somatic illnesses in there somewhere and I got> flustered. I think inside i started crying then, but it came out> after I hung up the phone.> She also went on to say - Many people react adversely to any foreign> object inside their bodies and may develope auto-immune responses. I> said" you mean like hip/knee replacements?" and she said "yes".> However, by the end of the conversation - I felt stunned, alone, and> like the little no-one I am in front of a MAJOR corporation.>> Thanks for letting me vent and for beign here.. I still feel oddly> angry,sad, irritated -- humm, I am sure i could go on!>> hugs, Trinity>>>>>

What are the side effects????? it is in celestial seasonings and I have never had any problem with it I would like to know what the side effects are. Dr Kolb do you know much about Kava Kava?

Thanks

Sent: Thursday, February 14, 2002 5:50 PM

Subject: Re: The stupid thing I did the other day.

Before you take kava kava, you need to know that it is associated with severe and sometimes life threatening side effects. It is being banned from the market in France due to adverse reactions. Also, the acupuncturist I had been seeing told me to never take kava kava and she is a master herbalist. She likened kava kava to ma huang. It has long been associated with adverse side effects, and as far back as 1997, I have heard herbalists and physicians say not to take it.

e

Sent: Thursday, February 14, 2002 9:59 AM

Subject: Re: The stupid thing I did the other day.

Hi Trin,I am so sorry for all of this that you have been through, your right aboutone thing, to me the stuff your talking about I would call being sick, itsounds more than just discomforts to me. I am very in tune with my body,maybe some could have lived with the aches and pains and other garbage Ihave had to deal with and sacrificed their health for implants, but not me,no way. I think that the nurse is telling the truth in some ways, to someextent, in that, many women do find relief immediately after explant, andthen go through a relapse of sorts, for me, it didn't work that way, I gotsicker right after explant, all the stress, toxins etc coming out, however,then slowly I got relief over the next few months till I am where I am now,which is still far from cured but mental fog is gone for sure. I do getflares and I think that this is normal, we have messed with our bodies imunesytstem which is a very fragile thing and takes time to heal, also I feelthat there can be lasting damage to some extent in some of us, but the mainreason I feel most women still remain sick get sicker, etc is retainedcapsules. Please see the file and bookmark section of this website for infoon retained capsules. If you had or have a reaction to implants, and thecapsule is left inside(which is often times the case) and left to rot then,you have a situation that can cause the same illness and symptoms tocontinue on as if the implant was still there.Now I am not saying this is your case at all, just that it explains why itis this way for some women.Now, the best thing to do is to detox, are you doing that? It is a good wayof helping your body heal, and not to discourge you at all, but it canactually get worse while you detox, and actually make you feel sicker, untilyou get over the hump.THe other thing is nutrition and certain vitamins, herbs, supplements, etc.these can all help, if needed of course there is always what I call the lastresort, which is in my case something I use, medication.I don't believe these PS's and their nurses are just their spokespersons whostick up for the BOSS, and say what they are told to say. They are not goingto tell you how many others are sick or compalin of bad results from thesurgeries, they are like a car salesman, they tell you all the good stories,never the negative ones, or who would buy the product right?I think that your lucky that your feeling better, get on with your life andtry to do as many good things for your self as you can, and please some tothis site and contribute as often as you can, I am so glad you posted. Tryto drink herb teas, valerian and kava kava, exercise, rest rest rest, takeepsom or dead sea salt baths and be good to yourself and remain the sweetperson you are, give your body to time to heal from all this stuff you havebeen through, it is very very hard. You can do it though, we all have tokeep going, also be sure to file a medwatch claim with the FDA about yourexperiences with implants, no matter how small or insignificant yoursymptoms may seem to you, they are possibly definitely related to yourimplants and if you report them then the FDA at least will have some kind ofnumbers to keep on us. It is a shame that no one studied or kept track ofus.I am fortunate though that I went to a surgeon who held onto my implants,for a year, I was too poor and too pissed off to have done anything withthem and most likely would have tossed them in the trash, however now that Iam stronger I am able to make better choices like sending them foranalyzation.Is that a word? LOL.Anyhow hang tough girl, check out some natural stuff and healing, read thefiles we have that Patty worked hard on, get some fresh foods, start juicingetc. You will get better, give your body time, it will not fail you.Love and blessing,----- Original Message -----From: "x01_trinity_x01" <x01_trinity_x01@...>< >Sent: Thursday, February 14, 2002 9:20 AMSubject: The stupid thing I did the other day.> Hi girls!>> Hope all are having a good week :) Happy valentines day (((HUGS)))>> I wrote a post to you all about my call to Mentor Corp Patient> services on Tuesday, then deleted it - cryed a while - was gonna> write again - and today I think I can share this now. Please bear> with me if my thoughts are choppy :)>> I called the RN. , since Diane was not there. Diane and I> talked at lengths when I first got my implants and I registered their> serial numbers with the company. I had so many concerns within a> month after the BA, I called her probably 6 times! Anyway -->> I asked if they had a study or questionairre since I was explated> last month. She said no and that my serial numbers on record were> only for a recall, nothing more. And made it clear that now that> doesn't pertain to me since I am now explanted.>> After I had just read the FDA hearings on approval for saline> implants in 2000, was when i decided to call Mentor. I was already> upset, and this RN made it worse. You see, I HAVE had many> discomforts listed, like memory fog, sleeplessness, flu-like> feelings, and about 14 months ago I developed terrible IBS (> irritable bowel "syndrome-like" problems) My internist did not> diagnose me with it, because my colonoscopy, sigmoidoscopy and> something else - all came back normal = no polyps, crohns disease> etc. This major bout lasted 7-8 months, and tore my insides up. I> was sick all the time with a bad belly , zero energy and on the> couch. I had to have a fissurectomy in July 2001 because of the> damage from severe diarreah for so many months.> I had no idea saline implants have been linked to these allergic type> of reaction in the bowels until I read about it on Tueday.>> Now before today, I would have said I have not been ill/sick because> of my implants. Not ill in the way many of you are here. Its true I> never liked how they felt inside me either, but I absolutely> experienced many "Discomforts" that I never had prior to getting> augmented in 1998. My heart and mind comes from a place where I do> not use the term "sick" lightly. I have nursed a sister with> advanced stage MS and lost both parents to Cancer. So when I think of> myself, I see discomforts, not illness. Maybe you gals can help me> with that mental block in time :) So...>> The Mentor RN. said she has heard this type of thing often and said> that women have called & said they get better for about 3-4 months> after explant and then all the symptoms return. Hence , leaving the> evidence NON CONCLUSIVE and non correlating to saline implants. She> used the word psyco-somatic illnesses in there somewhere and I got> flustered. I think inside i started crying then, but it came out> after I hung up the phone.> She also went on to say - Many people react adversely to any foreign> object inside their bodies and may develope auto-immune responses. I> said" you mean like hip/knee replacements?" and she said "yes".> However, by the end of the conversation - I felt stunned, alone, and> like the little no-one I am in front of a MAJOR corporation.>> Thanks for letting me vent and for beign here.. I still feel oddly> angry,sad, irritated -- humm, I am sure i could go on!>> hugs, Trinity>>>>>